Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhijit Garbe
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit GarbeYour feedback matters!
My both legs have itching. Like fungal infection (Daad type). both legs and penis. I am very irritated to my itching problem. Please suggest me better advise. I have been also used 1Al tablet.
I have dark circles for very long tym lyk for almost 9-10 years and they don't think so are getting less or being treated even after getting proper sleep and by using roll on of garner. Kindly help for the same.
I am regularly suffering with skin energy. For that am taking citragine tablet. When I am taking that I am getting some side effects like complete 24 hours drowsiness and some constipation problem. But it gives some relaxation. Please suggest me best solution for my problem.
I am 42 years lady. Have combination skin and gets tanned very quickly due to sun exposure. Which medicated cleanser to keep my clean and hydrated and serum to slow down aging process and to keep skin glowing I should use ? thanks.
I am having darkness around my lips, on my forehead, at armpits and around genitals. Kindly suggest some tips to get rid of it.
My husband has pityriasis versicolor. He has used karpin lotion since last fifteen days but no solution. Please suggest valuable remedy for this.
How to remove tanning fast with home remedy? Please suggest easiest method. As after one month my sisters wedding is there. So I want to remove tanning in one month or as soon as possible .
I am 18 years old. I have oily skin in my nose area and rest facial skin is normal. I have some dark spot so what I should use on my face. Which facewash and cream. I should use. Advice please.
Most of us have had those days when we look into the mirror and suddenly notice under-eye bags and puffy dark circles staring back at us. The secret to getting rid of dark circles is not just getting a good night’s sleep. There is more to it
Causes of dark circles
Inherited issue – Majority of people who have dark circles inherit it from their parents. If your parents have thin skin or high-pigmentation in the under-eye area of the skin, you can get it too.
- It can lead to volume depletion under the eyes.
- If you are prone to skin allergies, it can increase your chances of getting dark circles under the eyes.
- Frequent eye rubbing can lead to darkened eyes.
- People who have thin, pale skin have glaring blood vessels, which manifest itself as a reddish-purple hue showing through.
Seven effective ways to get rid of dark circles
- Try retinoid: Retinoid helps to build collagen and aids the recovery of skin volume and fairness. Consult with a dermatologist and use them to prevent thin skin under the eyes, thereby improving dark circles.
- Use skin-lightening products and sunscreen: At times, dark circles result from increased pigment, either from rubbing or sun damage. Try topical lightening agents like Vitamin C, Licorice extract or Kojic acid to decrease skin pigmentation and eliminate dark circles. Also, invest in a good broad-spectrum sunscreen that contains zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.
- Take an antihistamine: If allergies are causing puffy eye problems, taking antihistamine drugs will help to clear them up and keep your under-eye issues under control.
- Follow a healthy sleep routine: A regular sleep routine with the right amount of sleep time will help a great deal to reduce the stress and as a result get rid of dark circles.
- Double up your pillows and sleep on your back: If you have dark circles due to vascular issues, use an extra pillow and sleep on your back to stop blood from building up under your eyes.
- Cool down: You can also try to apply a cold compress for 10 to 20 minutes to constrict your blood vessels. Cucumber slices, gel eye masks, cold wash rags and chilled tea bags can be used to make your eyes feel fresh and look brighter.
- Follow a minimum-salt diet: Excess salt and less water can cause your body to retain more water, thus causing under-eye bags. Therefore, avoid too much salt in your diet and stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!