Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Abhijit Garbe
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Abhijit GarbeYour feedback matters!
I am 21 years old girl, I have block skin during birth, so I need skin whitening syrup ,pills or cream. Please suggest me.
I want to get fair complexion. I have sensitive skin and my complexion is dusky. I have some black patches around my mouth. Please help me to get clear fair complexion. Please.
My skin is very much oily and after few minutes when I wash my face it get very much oily what should I do to get rid of oil and back of oily face I look quit bark skin but when I eat elevo tablet thn I looked fair now I am not eating it how can I look fair please suggest t solution for oily and fair skin and also I don't want to eat to much of tablets.
I have a chickenpox scar on my face and it doesn't go away, is there anyway I can get rid of it? Or treat it?
Am using rotatory shaver for shaving. I have black skin in shaving area. So advice me to remove black skin.
1. Fights acne and pimples
To get rid of acne or pimples, you do not need harsh chemicals. Baking soda will do the work easily. The antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties of this kitchen staple helps treat the cause as well as reduce the symptoms of acne and other breakouts.
In addition, it helps balance the skin’s ph, which helps reduce the occurrence of skin breakouts.
Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a little water to make a paste.
Apply it on the affected skin for 1 to 2 minutes.
Rinse it off with cold water.
Repeat once daily for 2 or 3 days, then reduce the frequency to 1 or 2 times a week.
2. Brightens yellow teeth
Baking soda is excellent for making your pearly whites shine. It works as a mild abrasive to remove yellow stains from your teeth. In addition, it helps remove plaque by neutralizing acids produced by the bacteria.
You can simply put a little baking soda on your toothbrush along with your regular toothpaste. Brush your teeth as usual for 2 minutes. Do it once daily for a few days.
Alternatively, prepare a homemade teeth whitener with 4 tablespoons of turmeric root powder, 2 teaspoons of baking soda and 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin coconut oil. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly. Use a small amount of this paste to brush your teeth once daily for a few days.
Note: avoid excess use of baking soda as it can strip your teeth of its natural, protective enamel.
3. Relieves sunburn and sunburn blisters
Baking soda relieves sunburn and sunburn blisters
During the summer, keep a box of baking soda handy. Due to its alkaline nature, baking soda has a soothing affect on sunburned skin, which helps relieve the itching and burning sensations. It also has mild antiseptic and drying properties that help dry out sunburn blisters quickly.
Mix 1 to 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a cup of cold water. Soak a clean washcloth in this solution, wring out the excess water and apply it as a cool compress on the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes. Repeat 2 or 3 times a day until you get relief.
Alternatively, add ½ cup of baking soda to a bathtub filled with water. Stir well and soak yourself in this water for 10 to 15 minutes. After getting out of the bath, pat dry or allow your body to air dry. Do this once daily for a few days.
4. Improves skin complexion
Improves skin complexion
Uneven skin tone is a major problem for many. If you want a brighter and even skin tone, baking soda is an easy and inexpensive solution.
It is a good exfoliating agent that helps remove dead cells. In addition, it balances ph level of the skin, which is very important to maintain even and clear skin.
Mix 1 to 2 teaspoons of baking soda with enough filtered water or rose water to make a paste. Apply the paste on your face. Allow it to sit for 1 minute, then gently rub it off using only the tips of your fingers. Finally, wash with lukewarm water and pat dry to reveal brighter skin. Follow this remedy 1 or 2 times a week only. Make sure to moisturize your skin after using baking soda.
Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon each of baking soda and fresh lemon juice along with 4 or 5 drops of extra-virgin olive oil. Apply this paste on your face. Leave it on for 5 minutes, then rinse it off with cold water. Repeat 2 or 3 times a week.
5. Treats stained or yellow nails
Stained nails can be unsightly, but baking soda can whiten your nails so you do not have to hide them in your pockets or gloves.
Baking soda for stained nails
Its bleaching and exfoliating properties help remove stains.
Put ½ cup of water, 1 teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide and 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a small bowl. Stir well, until the baking soda dissolves. Dip your nails into the solution for 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat once every two weeks.
Alternatively, mix 2½ tablespoons of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide to make a paste. Use a cotton swab to apply it on your nails. Wait 2 minutes before rinsing your nails with warm water. For best results, repeat once every 2 months.
6. Treats body odor
Baking soda is one of the best natural deodorizers that help treat mild to severe body odor. It helps absorb moisture and sweat from the skin, thereby reducing body odor. Being an antibacterial agent, it also helps kill bacteria that give rise to body odor.
Combine ⅛ teaspoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of water and a few drops of any essential oil. Use a cotton ball to rub it on your underarms or areas where you sweat excessively. Use it regularly to fight body odor.
Alternatively, thoroughly mix equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch. Dust this powder onto your dry underarms to prevent sweating as well as bad odor.
7. Treats smelly and oily hair
Smelly hair is a very embarrassing problem, and people with oily hair are more prone to this condition. Oily hair picks up environmental pollutants and strong smells more readily.
Baking soda can easily fix this problem because it helps reduce oiliness and also neutralizes foul odors. In addition, its alkaline nature balances the ph level of the scalp to keep it clean and healthy.
Mix 1 part baking soda with 3 parts water. Apply it on your damp hair, wait 5 minutes and then rinse your hair. Repeat once or twice a month.
Alternatively, add 1 tablespoon of baking soda to your regular shampoo bottle and use it to wash your hair 1 or 2 times a week.
You can also use baking soda as a dry shampoo. Thoroughly mix equal amounts of baking soda and cornstarch. Sprinkle a small amount at the roots of your hair and tousle your hair around. Brush your hair thoroughly with a good quality brush and you will be impressed with the result.
8. Removes dandruff
Baking soda can help banish those annoying white flakes on your scalp and hair. It clarifies the scalp and helps clear off flakes. In addition, as baking soda is alkaline, it helps bring the ph balance of the scalp to a healthy equilibrium.
Rub 1 tablespoon of baking soda onto your wet hair and scalp. Wait for a minute, then rinse it out thoroughly with water. Do this once a week only.
Alternatively, mix freshly squeezed juice of 1 lemon with 1 teaspoon of baking soda. Apply it to your scalp, allow it to sit for 2 to 3 minutes and then rinse your hair with water. Follow this remedy once a week only to keep your scalp free from dandruff.
9. Heals skin rashes and itchiness
Skin rashes and itchiness can cause a lot of discomfort. You can treat these problems with baking soda. It has a soothing effect on the skin due to its anti-inflammatory properties that also help reduce inflammation, itching and swelling.
For localized itching, mix 1 part water with 3 parts baking soda. Apply the paste on the affected area. Allow it to sit for a couple of minutes, then rinse it off with cool water. Use this treatment once daily, until the condition improves.
If you have itching all over your body, add 1 cup of baking soda to a bathtub of cool water and soak in it for 10 minutes a day.
Note: avoid using baking soda if the skin is broken or too irritated by constant scratching.
10. Treats nail fungus
Nail fungus can make your nails look ugly and cause many discomforts. It is an infection that occurs when fungi start growing under the nails.
Baking soda for nail fungus
This results in crusty, thick, discolored and distorted nails. The alkaline nature of baking soda prevents the growth of fungi.
Mix 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 1 cup of raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Soak the affected toenails or fingernails in this solution for 5 minutes. Pat dry your nails with paper towels. Do this twice a day.
Alternatively, make a paste of 1 to 2 teaspoons of baking soda mixed with warm water. Apply it on your affected nails for a few minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Repeat once daily.
Melanoma normally happens on the skin, yet may once in a while may happen in the mouth, gut, or eyes as well. In women, it generally happens in the legs, while in men they are most regularly on the back.
Sometimes a mole may also raise your concern by increasing in size, developing abnormal edges, a change of color or itching and irritability.
So, what are the causes of this condition? Read on to find out:
- History: When you have a history of sunburns or if you are particularly susceptible to them, then you may end up with melanoma. Blistering sunburns and too many moles can also lead to this condition. Dysplastic nevi or many unusual modes with irregular shape, size and colour also indicate an increased risk of falling prey to melanoma. Also, if you have had a family history of this disease, then there are chances of contracting the same, as you may have inherited the carrier gene too.
- Skin cell development: The general process of skin renewal includes the rise of new skin cells to the surface in a routine and continuous manner. This skin cell development can get hindered due to a number of reasons like DNA damage. When this happens, the dead skin cells accumulate instead of falling off to make space for the new cells, and this can cause a mass of cancerous cells to form.
- Fair complexion: Having an excessively fair skin tone may point towards lack of melanin or pigment in the skin. This erodes the protection that one naturally gets when exposed to the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. This can increase the risk of contracting melanoma. Also, people with freckles, red or blonde hair, and even blue eyes can fall prey to this condition.
- Immune system: Much like many other diseases and cancers, this condition also greatly depends on the state of your immune system. Patients who have recently recovered from organ transplants, other such procedures, and diseases can find themselves at the weak end of their immunity, which makes them susceptible to such kinds of cancer. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have acne problem and acne scars marks on my face and I have too gain weight so please suggest me some trip on it?
It is a commonly known fact that regular exercise is a necessary part of staying healthy and keeping fit. Physical exercise isn't just about losing weight or increasing stamina. It also has countless health benefits, which promote holistic well-being of an individual. One such benefit of exercise is improved skin health. Proper and regular exercise is known to keep the skin healthy and flawless through many different ways.
Following are the different ways in which exercising keeps the skin healthy and flawless:
- Improved blood circulation - The cardiovascular benefits of exercising promote blood circulation in the body and skin. This allows oxygen and nutrient supply to the skin to get improved, especially in the outer layers, thereby promoting skin health.
- Reduced stress and anxiety - Mental health issues such as stress and anxiety have a damaging effect on skin, making it appear dull and aged. Exercising treats these issues through the release of endorphins in the body, which reduces stress and anxiety. Thus, it effectively works in making skin look flawless and radiant.
- Boosted immunity - Regularly exercising keeps the body's immune system boosted. This includes skin immunity, making the skin less susceptible to diseases and infections. Therefore, skin remains healthy and glowing.
- Improved sleeping habits - Having an improper sleep cycle and not getting enough sleep can lead to the formation of dark circles and swollen bags under the eyes. Regular exercise can induce restful sleep and promote healthy sleeping habits, making skin appear rested and healthy.
- Toned muscles - Exercise tones the muscles in the body, which makes the skin clean, tight and prevents the formation of cellulite. This keeps the skin from sagging and gives it an unblemished appearance.
- Improved gland function - Functioning of the mucous glands and sweat glands in the skin is improved through exercising. This keeps the skin free from pimples and acne and makes it look spotless and resplendent.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!