Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
How Does Sexual Dysfunction Affect Women?
* Hypoactive sexual desire is the persistent or recurrent deficiency (or absence) of sexual fantasies or thoughts and/or the lack of receptivity to sexual activity.
* Sexual arousal disorder is the persistent or recurrent inability to achieve or maintain sufficient sexual excitement, expressed as a lack of excitement or a lack of genital or other somatic responses.
* Orgasmic disorder is the persistent or recurrent difficulty, delay, or absence of attaining orgasm after sufficient sexual stimulation and arousal.
* Sexual pain disorder includes dyspareunia (genital pain associated with sexual intercourse); vaginismus (involuntary spasm of the vaginal musculature that causes interference with vaginal penetration), and non-coital sexual pain disorder (genital pain induced by non-coital sexual stimulation).
There are a number of reasons that can affect the growth of facial hair, one of these are; low testosterone levels which is usually and directly responsible for low growth of facial hair. It is also seen that certain races or people in certain part of the world generally have less facial hair growth. Other reasons like delayed puberty, stress and hormonal imbalances could also have a significant impact on facial hair growth.All human hair grows at the same rate. (Which is about half an inch or 1,25 cm per month).
Here are some tips and home remedies that help to growth beard :
1. Hydrate your body and skin well by drinking at least 6 to 8 glasses of water and fresh fruit juices.
2. Wash your skin with warm water using a mild cleanser twice a day. Clean skin accelerates hair growth.
3. Add Protein and Saturated Fat into Diet.
4. Coconut oil is excellent for beards. It's not greasy just like other oils and due to lauric acid, it's able to penetrate your skin more effectively. The conditioning properties of coconut oilmake the roots of your facial hair healthier and softer.
5. You should eat nutritious food that is high in protein. Do not forget to include green vegetables, bananas in your daily diet as these are known to help promote hair growth. Stay away from fried and fatty foods.
6. Stress is also one of the popular reasons for poor facial hair growth. So it is advisable to diffuse your stress levels by exercising regularly. Practice deep breathing exercises, yoga and other facial exercises that improve blood circulation and increase the oxygen intake.
7. Amla oil is one of the natural remedies to increase facial hair. Massage with amla oil and leave for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with cold water and then clean the face.
8. Keep Your Face Moist And Clean. Dead skin, oil and dirt can make a thick barricade for the hair follicles in order to break through. You may grow facial hair much quicker if your face is consistently maintained clean.
9. Gently apply yet even pressure along the parts of the face over which you would like to stimulate hair growth. Just need to rub in small circular motions, and then massage the face consistently for around 10 to 15 minutes two times every day.
10. Fish and beans are powerful sources of protein, and taking more of these foods will stimulate bushier, faster hair growth.
11. Avoid sugary foods : Sugar may actually make hair weaker. Consuming too many foods rich in sugar may make it harder in order to grow facial hair.
12. Vitamins B3 and B5 improve the circulation and may be found in beef, fish, egg yolk, chicken, milk, avocado and many whole grains. Folic acid or vitamin B9 directly impacts the ability to grow thicker facial hair and may be found in nuts, cereals and leafy green vegetables.
13. Trim your facial hair regularly so that any dry hair that blocks new hair growth can be eliminated. Keep the pores clean by taking steam once in a while. Avoid using strong fragrant products like shampoos, after shaves, colognes and so on the face directly that may burn or damage facial hair. Use milder shampoos and shower gels instead.
14. Mix 1/4 cup (60 ml) of Amla oil with mustard leaves (3 tablespoons), blending till a paste forms. Then apply this paste to the face and allow it sit for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off. Any remaining solution can be saved in your refrigerator for 2-3 days.
15. Finally you could also try using a homeopathic tincture called Arnica Montana. You need one teaspoon of this mixed in half a cup of water. Once it is mixed well apply the mixture on the beard and moustache area using a cotton swab. Leave it on for a while and then move the razor over the beard and moustache area. Repeat this process after every three days and you should see some results in a month or two.
Consult me for better result .:) Take Care .
What should I do for reduce my hair fall? My hair become so thin and regularly fall huge amount of hair. Please help.
I've been masturbating from the last 20 years. Now I feel like I've made some injuries to my pe**'s. Sometimes it feel like nothing is there between my legs. I'm unmarried. Pls let me know what xray nd treatment to undergo to identify the damage. I've lost weight, hair fall severe back pain nd skin being dark nd always sleepy.
I am loosing my hair. I tried my ways to stop this bt I failed. I am not sure which medicine I should take. Can you please help me with this. I will be highly obliged.
For e.g. I have a desk job and in the last 2 year, my weight has gon up from 75 kgs to 85 kgs. I want to lose weight please help.
I am 30year old. I had alcohol day before yesterday and threw up stool, food I ate and thick blood like substance yesterday in the evening. However I d not have stomach pain. Please advice me what to do? Thank you.
Hii. I want to loose both fat and weight is there possible to get 6 pack abs for me because my weight is up to 75 kgs what should I do please suggest me and what should and how much I have to eat in breakfast lunch dinner.
Hi. M 20 year old female. I guess m having yeast infection. As my vaginal discharge is very thick. N its secreting in large amount. Wht oral medicine cn b taken.
Warts show up in all shapes and sizes. Caused by the human papilloma virus (HPV), they are exceedingly contagious and while they can show up in anybody of all ages, they will probably trouble children and teenagers.
About all warts are harmless however once they appear on conspicuous places such as the face or hands, most individuals will do almost anything to dispose of them.
Warts are frequently seen as simply a minor nuisance – to expel the wart is to evacuate the issue. Yet, is this totally genuine? No, say homeopaths.
Their presence on top of the skin warns of a more profound weakness or susceptibility that allows them to proceed and flourish. While expelling the wart creates a sans blemish skin, it does nothing to right this fundamental weakness – the person is still defenseless against future medical issues.
Homeopathic Remedies For Warts-
At the point when using homeopathy for warts, great results are accomplished when the cure corresponds to the characteristics of the person as well as the shape and appearance of the wart.
On account of that, three remedies are prescribed more regularly than whatever other – Antimonium crudum (Ant-c.), Nitricum acidum (Nit-air conditioning.) and Thuja occidentalis (Thuj.) (under strict supervision of the experts). Perused on for the descriptions of these three and other regular wart remedies.
- Antimonium crudum (Ant-c.) (under strict supervision of the experts): Hard, smooth warts that frequently show up in groups. Crabbiness and a thickly covered white tongue also suggest the requirement for this cure. The person may also gorge and have various complaints regarding the digestion problem.
- Calcarea carbonica (Calc.) (under strict supervision of the experts): Round, hard, solitary warts. Frequently useful for endophytic warts that have a horny divider surrounding a focal depression. Shown in individuals with sticky hands and feet who incline toward routine and the well known as opposed to change and the obscure.
At long last, a Warning About Warts
Some skin cancers such as squalors cell carcinomas appear to be similar to warts so it is critical to get a firm diagnosis if there is any uncertainty.
In case genital warts are present it is also imperative for ladies to have a PAP smear to watch that pre-cancerous changes have not occurred on the cervix.
Actinomycosis is a condition which is caused due to a bacteria called actinomycetaceae bacteria.
One interesting thing to know about actinomycosis is that the sort of bacteria which are responsible for it are almost always present in the human body. As a matter of fact, the bacteria are present and live in the linings of the mouth, the throat and the digestive system. In the case of women, it is also present in their vagina. Men fall prey to actinomycosis more than women. Also this disease is more common among adults.
There is nothing wrong or threatening at all when it comes to being a host to these bacteria, unless there is a cut in the body and they are given the ripe opportunity to enter the body to a deeper level. The condition of actinomycosis often lasts for a long time. But since it is not contagious, there is little need to worry about a transfer of actinomycosis from one person to another. This is due to the fact that the bacteria cannot survive outside the body as it is of the anaerobic type.
When a person has actinomycosis, some of the prominent symptoms include draining sores on the skin, coughing as well as chest pain. In addition to these, you may also notice lumps beginning to appear on the face of the affected person, a sudden weight loss, fatigue and fever. Sometime you may also see a few abscesses or scar tissues as symptoms to the disease.
Some of the preventive measures which one may take includes reduction in alcohol consumption, following healthy practises which also means following a regular diet routine, and avoiding any dental problems.
But even after all such precautionary steps, if you’re diagnosed with actinomycosis, antibiotics may become your best bet. Some of the popular ones which doctors prescribe to their patients are tetracycline and erythromycin. There are side effects to consuming these medicines as a person can have a rash or diarrhoea when these medicines are consumed.
Also the time required to treat actinomycosis is long. In fact, a person can expect it to be up to a year until he or she is completely cured. Depending on how bad the situation is, the lumps which are caused due to actinomycosis may also need to be removed through a surgery. However, before you decide to go for a treatment to cure actinomycosis, consult a qualified doctor and follow his / her advice.
Hives are a common allergic reaction that appears in the form of swollen, red bumps or patches on the skin. These usually appear suddenly and cause itchiness. In some cases, it may also sting or burn. Hives can affect any part of the body including the face, ears, tongue, lips and throat. Hives are usually small in size but may grow as large as the size of a dinner plate. In some cases, hives may also join together to form plaques.
Hives are caused as a result of the production of histamines in the body that make plasma leak out of blood vessels in the skin. These histamines are released as a result of an allergic reaction, exposure to chemicals, insect bites, sunlight or adverse reactions to certain medicines. There are four main types of hives:
Acute Urticaria: These hives usually last for less than 6 weeks. They are triggered by insect bites, allergic reactions to food, latex, medicines or by exposure to infections. The most common food items that trigger this type of hives are chocolates, nuts, fish, tomatoes, eggs, soy, wheat and milk. Aspirin and other medicines like ibuprofen, ACE inhibitors and codeine can also trigger these hives.
Chronic Urticaria: Hives that last for longer than 6 weeks fall into the category of chronic urticaria. IT is harder to find what triggers a case of chronic urticaria than it is for acute urticaria. Along with the triggers mentioned above, hormonal disorders, tumours, chronic infections and immune system disorders can also trigger these hives.
Physical Urticaria: Hives caused as a result of physically stimulating skin are called physical urticaria. This includes sudden exposure to heat or cold, sunlight, vibrations, pressure, exercise etc. These hives usually resolve themselves within an hour and only affect the part of the skin that has been stimulated.
Dermatographism: Hives caused by scratching or firmly stroking the skin fall under this fourth category.
Hives can also be genetic in nature. Some people suffer from hereditary angioedema which is a painful swelling under the skin.
Hives caused by an allergic reaction can recur and hence if you suffer from hives you should try and identify the allergen. This can be done by taking an allergen test in a hospital or by changing aspects of your diet and studying the results. Hives are usually treated with antihistamines but in some cases, steroids may also be needed. However, it is usually nothing to worry about.
4 Plastic surgery alternatives for burns and wounds
The branch of plastic surgery that is generally used for the treatment of burns and other wounds is known as reconstructive plastic surgery. There are numerous surgical methods that fall under this category, which is effectively used to treat these injuries and the related issues that they cause.
What are medical issues caused by burns and wounds?
Some of the most frequently occurring issues that stem from burns and similar wounds are as follows:
- Restriction of mobility
- Aesthetic disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of sensation in the affected area
The different issues are caused by varying kinds of burns and injuries and, hence, each case must be approached in a different manner for remedy.
Different kinds of plastic surgeries that are used for treatment
Depending on the nature of the injury, your plastic surgeon may opt for any of the following surgical methods for treating the problem.
1. Skin grafting
In this procedure, skin is removed from one part of the body and transplanted to the affected area. This method is used for the treatment of burns. There are two types of this surgical procedure - one removes a few layers from the dermis of the donor area (split-thickness graft) while the other removes the entire dermis (full-thickness graft). Recovery time depends on the kind of procedure used. Skin grafting is occasionally used for breast and nose reconstruction as well.
This type of surgery makes the use of a microscope in reconstructive procedures for working on minuscule veins, arteries, and nerves for repairing damaged areas. Microsurgery is often used alongside other surgical procedures for re-attaching body parts, relieving paralysis of the face and in the reconstruction of breasts.
3. Tissue expansion
This method is used to induce the growth of extra skin on the body that can be used for reconstructive purposes. This is done by inserting a balloon expander underneath the skin that slowly gets filled with saline solution and makes the skin swell. This excess skin is then used for correction or reconstruction of the affected area.
4. Free flap procedure
This procedure involves the transfer of skin, bone, muscle and blood supply from the donor area to the damaged area for repairing purposes. Microsurgery is often performed alongside this treatment method, which is used most frequently for breast reconstruction or after the removal of cancer from the neck or head. Free flap is also used in defects which can't be covered by simple skin grafts especially in areas where vital structures are exposed.
More and more people are turning towards Ayurveda for their hair loss problem. Hair loss can be embarrassing and hamper one's self-esteem and confidence. When treated early hair loss can be reduced and even stopped completely.
Ayurveda believes that hair fall control is very much associated to the body type and also the stability of your mind body structure. Ayurveda considers the hair as a byproduct for bone formation. The tissues, which are responsible for formation of bones are also responsible for your hair growth. Hair fall is considered to be a problem of pitta dosha in Ayurveda and excess of Pitta dosha in the body is the chief cause of hair problems. Ayurvedic hair loss treatment measures are known for their effectiveness. Usually the Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss includes diet, meditation, yoga, and yes, we cannot forget medicated herbal oil massage.
Ayurvedic Dietary Recommendations for Hair Loss Treatment:
As hair fall is considered a problem of pitta dosha, you need to identify the bad eating habits that are contributing to the increase of pitta in your body.
Pitta is increased by excessive intake of tea, coffee, alcohol, meats and excessive smoking. Pitta is also aggravated by eating too much fried, oily, greasy, spicy, sour, and acidic foods.
Ayurvedic Herbs recommended for Hair Loss Treatment:
Bhringaraj: It is known as king of the hair, promotes hair growth on the head and effectively stops and reverses balding and premature graying. It helps to calm the mind promoting sound sleep. Bhringaraj (Eclipta prostrata) is taken internally and used externally as Bhringraj oil and is an excellent rejuvenator.
Brahmi: This hair pack is available in most Indian grocery stores and used with curd is an excellent hair pack.
Amla: Indian gooseberry is packed with Vitamin C and thus loaded with antioxidants. In powdered form it can be mixed with henna, brahmi powders along with curd to make a great hair pack.
Neem: This is a natural remedy against dandruff and lice and also has blood purifying abilities. Use in powdered form with coconut oil or curd to massage scalp.
Ritha: These are natural soap nuts that are used for cleaning hair without stripping off the natural oils. Use in powdered form to massage scalp and wash off thoroughly.
Ashwagandha: Weak immune system is one of the factors for hair loss. Ashwagandha makes you feel energized and healthier. It stops stress, increases vigor and helps regrow lost hair.
Erectile dysfunction is referred to as the inability of getting or achieving an erection that is firm enough to help you have a sexual intercourse. It is also referred to as impotence. Occasional erectile dysfunction is quite common and one may experience it at times of stress though frequent ED can be a sign of a serious health issue that requires clinical evaluation. It can also be a sign of emotional or relationship problems that need to be addressed by an expert when you are not able to handle them.
In case of males, there are four different types of sexual dysfunctions, including erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, inhibited ejaculation and low sex drive. In case of women, vaginal dryness, lack of sexual drive and painful intercourse are regarded as sexual dysfunction.
Erection problems inevitably lead to considerable emotional as well as psychological reactions in most men, which are often described as a pattern of stress and anxiety. These further complicate the normal sexual function. In the case of aged men, sexual dysfunction is caused due to depression or other psychological complexes like widower syndrome. There are some physical causes behind sexual dysfunction, including stress, high blood sugar, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, high cholesterol levels and prostate cancer. Besides, certain respiratory and systemic ailments also contribute to sexual dysfunction.
A family doctor is a good thing to start with if you are experiencing problems in getting an erection or keeping it or you feel a reduced sexual drive. Other symptoms of sexual dysfunction in men include premature ejaculation or excessively delayed ejaculation or no ejaculation at all. In case of females, sexual hazards lead to a lack of sexual drive and vaginal dryness which in turn lead to pain while having intercourse.
Sexual dysfunction is a hazard only if it intervenes with your daily sexual activities. As female sexual problems incorporate various symptoms and causes, the treatment varies to a great extent. It is important to communicate the concerns with your partner and take the time out to understand the problem. You should refrain from smoking and consuming alcohol and be active physically. Even free hand exercise and Yoga help in relieving stress so that you can be able to enjoy your lovemaking to the fullest possible extent.
If simple lifestyle changes don’t seem to help your condition, you shall have to seek medical aid where the expert can adjust your medication, optimise the treatment for anxiety or depression or recommend oestrogen or androgen therapies as per requirements.
Runner’s knee is a very common problem with athletes. It is definitely not something one needs to worry about. In fact, with certain exercises, it can be prevented and if you do develop a runner’s knee, it can be treated with some exercises as well.
There are special sports medical practitioners who prescribe not only regular physiotherapy, but also specific exercises to deal with specific sports injuries. To fight with runner’s knee pain, there are a few exercises.
But the four most important ones are described in detail below.
- Quads: For performing proper quads, all you need is a back wall for additional support. You need to hold yourself against the wall and keep your legs apart from each other. The legs should be folded in the knees. In this position, you have to move up till the knee position with a minimum of one minute hold time in the knee position. You can repeat this exercise 10 times at a stretch before moving on to the next exercise.
- Hamstring: This is a fairly easier exercise than the previous one. You have to stand straight with your legs apart. Bend downwards from your hips. Relax your neck and back. Ease your head downwards as well. Keep your hands behind. Join both your hands and give it a stretch. If you think that this position is straining your neck or back a little too much, then you can simply stretch your hands without joining them.
- Calves: Calves is a standard exercise that is prescribed by medical practitioners and physiotherapists for easing out the pain caused by runner’s knee. You have to stand with your hand against the wall. Put your left leg forward and bend it at the knees. Stand on your right heel. Hold yourself in this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the legs and doing the same.
- Lateral: Lateral is also one of the easiest and common forms of exercises. You have to stand with your legs directly below your hips. Then stretch your right leg apart. Without bending your knees, try to touch the toes of your right leg with the fingers of your left hand. Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds before changing the position and performing the lateral with your left leg.
Thus, these are some of the very fundamental exercises that one should follow in order to get quick relief from the pains of a runner’s knee. These exercises are very easy and help in reducing pain.
A beautiful mane with a healthy scalp and shiny hair is something each one of us desire. However, given the multiple factors that affect its health including diet, lifestyle and environment, this desire remains a dream for many. There are good and bad sides to it. The bad thing is that hair problems, dandruff, itching, graying and hair loss are here to stay. The good news is that there are simple, easily available ways and methods that can be effectively used to control these problems.
Homeopathy believes that most health issues have an underlying, deep seated issue and treating that can help in getting rid of the symptoms:
- Alopecia (Hair loss): Some people can have generalized hair loss, while some could have patches of balding areas develop on the head. Where other remedies have failed, some people have had successful hair regrowth with homeopathic medications like silicea, kalium carbonicum, lycopodium, Natrum muriaticum, Pulsatilla pratensis, Borax, Cinchona officinalis, and various other products are used effectively to improve hair growth.
- Dandruff: There is flaking of the scalp, and people with oily skin have a higher incidence of having dandruff. Other reasons include hormonal imbalance, poor scalp/hair health, emotional stress and poor quality hair products. Kali sulphuricum is used for profusely oily, white scaly dandruff. Thuja is used in people with white scaly flaking. If there is associated hair loss, phosphorus is used. Natrum muriaticum, Sulphur, Carboneum sulphuratum, Lycopodium, Mezereum, Ammonium muriaticum, Arsenic album, Calcarea, Medorrhinum, Heracleum sphondylium and Kali carbonicum are also used based on associated symptoms.
- Graying of hair: Various reasons for graying include stress, environmental exposure, hair products, poor diet and of course genetic. Gray hair can be treated using various homeopathic preparations depending on the associated symptoms, which might point to the likely root of the problem. Phosphoric acid is used when there is associated grief. Lycopodium is used when there is only partial graying in some areas. In anaemic or weak patients, Natrum mur is used. If digestive symptoms are also present, silicea is used.
- Scalp psoriasis: If there is a burning sensation associated with the infection, Sulphur is used. In people with excessive scratching, calcarea is used. Graphites provide relief where there is significant dryness and itching. In people with associated gastric or urinary symptoms, lycopodium is effective. If the psoriasis is worsening in cold weather, sepia is an option.
As is evident, these hair problems and interlinked and the agents used in treatment can be used in more than one condition. Self-medication should best be avoided. The presenting symptoms have an underlying cause, and it is best that a detailed discussion with the doctor on the symptoms is done before getting these medicines prescribed.
Vitiligo is a medical condition, which causes the loss of skin color due to loss of pigmentation. This usually occurs in blotches and looks very unsightly. Vitiligo is very unpredictable and can affect any part of your body. In some cases it also affects the inside of the mouth, eyes, and hair. Vitiligo is more noticeable on people with darker skin tone.
Symptoms of Vitiligo:
- Premature graying or whitening of the hair in your eyebrows, eyelashes, scalp, and beard. This usually occurs before the age of 35.
- Skin discoloration can also occur from other parts of the body such as hands, feet, abdomen, neck and other areas.
- Change or loss of the color of the retina (inner layer on the eyeball).
- Discolored patches on and around the navel, rectum and genitals.
What causes vitiligo?
A medical disorder where your immune system destroys and attacks the melanin forming pigments in your skin. This is known as an autoimmune disorder and by far is the most common cause behind vitiligo. An event such as sudden or prolonged stress, sunburn, or being exposed to industrial chemicals. A history of family members or relatives having vitiligo in the past.
Ayurvedic Treatments for Vitiligo:
- Mustard and Turmeric Oil: A paste made with mustard and turmeric oil can be applied on the affected area. This is also good for the skin and reduces vitiligo. Do this at least 2 times a day to reduce the patches considerably.
- Duckweed: This is a type of water plant and is very rich in a mineral called lignin. It is considered a natural treatment for skin disorders and vitiligo. It will also help to restore your natural skin color.
- Sun screen: If you already have vitiligo, exposure in the sun can make it worse, so applying a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above (or an appropriate level of sunscreen protection) can protect your skin from further damage.
- Papaya: This fruit is great for restoring and reviving melanin (responsible for skin pigmentation). Drinking papaya juice or rubbing papaya on the affected area can reduce vitiligo to some extent.