Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Omkar Shahapurkar provides answers that are very helpful. i
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Omkar Shahapurkar to be professional. Thank you sir... but u dont tell name of medicine......
I had a very very good experience. I met many patients over there who gave me very positive feedback. Many people have lost over 50 kg weight with his medicine. I am happy and definitely recommend him for weight loss.
the explanation by dr omkar was precise and clear.its very much helpful
Roshan K Solanki
By mistake I have closed the conversation, please reply.
Male Sexual Dysfunction and Premature Ejaculation - Correction Through Diet, Lifestyle and Ayurvedic Herbs
Premature ejaculation (PE) is defined as the uncontrolled ejaculation which happens either before or shortly post sexual penetration. This usually happens without any sexual stimulation and leads to unsatisfactory results for both the partners. Premature ejaculation might affect a man's confidence and lead to anxiety and stress.
Erectile dysfunction (ED) refers to the inability to maintain an erection required for the sexual needs of a man or his partner. This is often termed as impotence.
Both Premature Ejaculation and Erectile Dysfunction are common forms of male sexual dysfunction and can affect any man at any point of his life.
Treatment includes the following:
- Lifestyle changes include abstinence from alcohol and smoking. Regular exercises and yoga should be done. Deep breathing exercises also help.
- Diet modification by avoiding fried, junk, processed, canned and denatured foods. Cereals, eggs, blueberries, bananas, onions, celery, ginger, lettuce, honey and milk should be included in diet. Blueberries and cereals help in the blood circulation of the genital area thus maintain erection.
Ayurvedic treatment for Premature Ejaculation:
- Dinacharya / Ratricharya - This is the systematic following of the day to day routine. It includes the sleep pattern, quality and quantity of food, exercise, sex, brushing and the many do's and don'ts to be followed.
- Ritucharya - This is basically the systematic seasonal protocol, which should be followed.
- Sadvritta and Sadachara - This practice enables to have a circle of goodness and also following the practice of good deeds.
- Achara Rasayana - A behavior and conduct should be followed which benefits if Rasayana in the form of rejuvenators, anti-ageing medicines and immune modulators are taken.
- Vega Dharana and Vega udeerna should be avoided - Natural reflexes like urination, defecation, sneeze, hunger, thirst, sleep, sex, crying should be avoided. Also, anxiety, anger, stress, jealousy, hatred should be avoided.
Ayurvedic management especially rasayana and vajikaran are popular all over the globe. You can also take the package for Living Healthy - Man.
Ayurvedic treatment of Erectile Dysfunction:
1. Vajikarana therapy - This herbal therapy leads to strength, potency, increased time of erection and happiness. This therapy can only be administered in a person who exhibits self-control and is between 18-70 years old.
Other than the specific ayurvedic remedies mentioned, these should also be done:
- Massaging of the body especially the genital areas with herbal oils acts as an aphrodisiac.
- Yoga and meditation helps to overcome stress and exertion.
- Herbal supplements should be taken to rejuvenate the reproductive organ.
- A sound sleep of minimum 8 hours a day.
- Natural Urges should not be avoided.
- Ghee should be added in diet.
Ayurvedic management especially rasayana and vajikaran are popular all over the globe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized ayurveda and ask a free question.
I have irregular periods ie they r never on time. On 11th I had got my periods. At start for 3 days the flow was very less like few drops but the flow got normal on 4th n 5th day. The problem is I'm still flowing n its my 10th day. Pls help.
Can you prescribe the medication, any side effects of garcinia combogia and if it works to the expectation, can a sudden stoppage of pill can make it worse.
Hypertension is a condition where the blood has to exert extra pressure to flow through the blood vessels. While there is a genetic component to it, the more strong contributing factors are modified lifestyle and dietary changes. There are also a lot of environmental changes that have contributed to this new epidemic. While earlier people in their 50s and 60s would be diagnosed with hypertension, now there are people in 30s and 40s taking hypertension pills. Excess fat accumulation is the major cause of hypertension in younger patients.
There begins the complexity of the issue. Hypertension which requires medications to control it, they lead to side effects and bring in a host of other diseases like diabetes, and obesity which in turn bring in a whole lot of complications. A more easy way to manage would be to prevent and of course, after onset, look at how naturally it can be managed.
Ayurveda has numerous substances that have been proven to have beneficial effects in controlling blood pressure over the past 1000s of years.
- Celery or ajwain helps blood vessels to dilate and reduces concentration of stress hormones in the blood.
- Ashwagandha has a wide range of actions and improves the body's ability to handle physical and mental stress. This in turn improves blood pressure, obesity, and depression.
- Citrus fruits contain Vitamin C which prevents fragility of the capillaries (thinner blood vessels).
- Cow's urine prevents hardening of blood vessels and is of curative value in those who have blood pressure due to hardening of blood vessels.
- Triphala which is a combination of amla, haritaki, and bibhitaki helps reduce inflammation that leads to blood pressure, thereby helping to control it.
- Jatamansi - By helping the free radical damage on the arteries, it protects the arteries and prevents cholesterol accumulation. It also is a very well-proven stress reliever and has additional benefits on hypertension.
- Arjuna - By helping the metabolism of the bad cholesterol in the liver, this protects the inner lining of the heart and thereby helps control hypertension.
- Calcium and potassium containing substances help remove sodium and thereby improve blood pressure.
- Natural herbs like Brahmi, Sarpagandha, Shankhpushpi, and Chandana are effective Ayurvedic cure and treatment for hypertension.
- Rasayana treatment from ayurveda is having excellent results, however everyone requires unique rasayan as per their body types.
- Watermelon helps in dilation of the blood vessels.
- Aloe gel, barberry, calamus, valerian, skullcap, gotu kola cayenne, myrrh, motherwort, hawthorn and jatamansi have all been shown to help manage hypertension over thousands of years.
- A glass of warm milk mixed with saraswat powder is also helpful for patients with high blood pressure.
These are natural remedies which were a part of diet since times immemorial. Including them in the diet, reducing processed foods, regular exercise, avoiding alcohol and smoking can be some natural ways to prevent and if required control hypertension. Stress is here to stay, but can definitely be managed with a little conscious effort.
I am 32 year old female, married 6 months ago. I am getting lots of face acne after I got face waxing done 2 months ago. With clindamycin and sebonac gel applications on face and taking Pantakind and clindatime-150 orally, still these acne are not going down and practically everyday a new acne is popping up. Please help me.
Ayurveda believes that the human body is made of 3 doshas kapha, pitta and vata. Most illnesses are a result of imbalance between these three doshas and dominance of patterns and symptoms of one of the three doshas.
Melanin is the pigment that gives the skin its color; higher the pigment levels, darker the complexion. Hyperpigmentation is caused due to excessive melanin deposition, commonly in certain areas of the skin like the face leading to blemishes and dark spots. In fair complexioned people, this could be an aesthetic issue, affecting the personality of the individual.
The following are some common causes of hyperpigmentation:
- Overexposure to sunlight: Direct exposure to sunlight without use of sunscreen.
- Environmental pollutants: Dust and other chemicals, especially in areas with high levels of pollution are more prone to hyperpigmentation.
- Cosmetic products: If they contain chemicals like silicone and hydroquinone, over a long period of time, can produce dark spots.
- Antibiotics and hormone treatments: As a side effect, some antibiotics and hormones used as oral contraceptive pills can produce spots.
- Viral infections like herpes: The scars from infections like herpes and chickenpox would take time to heal completely and can be a cosmetic issue.
Hormonal issues may cause hyperpigmentation and in that case, we need to supplement herbal tablets for better result and better skin health and glow.
Now, let us look at some simple, herbal ways to manage these:
Natural exfoliation of skin: Wash the skin regularly with plain water before heading out and after returning.
Aloe vera juice can be used as a cleanser and toner followed by applying vitamin E oil.
Use the following natural face packs:
- Turmeric: Known for its skin lightening properties, turmeric can be mixed with milk or aloe vera pulp or ghee and applied on the skin. Alternately, plain turmeric can be rubbed on the skin once or twice a day to reduce blemishes.
- Lemon Juice: Application of plain lime juice is considered as an excellent way to reduce dark spots and blemishes.
- Sandalwood: Believed to have great benefits on the skin. Mixed with honey or milk or plain sandalwood as a paste is very beneficial to the skin.
- Tomato juice: Mixed with honey is also believed to be good for skin complexion.
- Water: Drinking lots of water keeps the skin hydrated and helps the skin keep pigmentation at bay. There would be a natural glow and elasticity of the skin, which is very visible.
In addition to these food substances, there are a lot of topical applications like oils (kumkumadi oil, nalpamaradi oil, eladi oil, and kanaka oil). The treatment should be holistic in that along with topical applications there should be overall reduced exposure to sun and sufficient water consumption to wash off toxins and dead skin cells.