Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Shieodkar ClinicYour feedback matters!
Vertigo can be due to several different causes. Positional vertigo related to inner ear is completely curable if diagnosed and treated correctly. If you have any type of vertigo don't just take vertin instead seek help from a Vestibular Specialist trained specially to evaluate and treat vertigo from root level.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be said to be one of the most painful disorders to have. There is a high likelihood that a lot of people can agree with this statement as the number of people who suffer from this issue is just so high! Yet, a funny thing to take note of is the fact that even people who are experts on CTS, which is the abbreviation of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, are not really aware as to what its causes are!
That being said, it really does not mean that a person whose life has been affected negatively by it does not make a conscious effort to get better so that the condition is not as painful. In order to do this, what he or she would do is to commit to doing some exercises which directly address the problem at hand.
- To start with the exercises, it makes sense, to begin with, the one which is the simplest and this happens to be an exercise which is often known as the shake. What this requires the person to do is to shake his or her hands while making sure to keep them flexible. This action is pretty much the same as a person would do, if he or she were to try to air dry his or her hands without making use of a towel.
- Another simple exercise which is prescribed by quite a lot of doctors who are accomplished experts when it comes to Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is one in which the person who has the condition makes his or her hands a fist. After this is done, what he or she needs to do is to release the fist and go on to stretch the fingers out as wide as possible. The extension should attempt to be in the shape of a fan.
It may be surprising, but it can be said that the ill effects of something which is as troublesome as Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be improved if these simple exercises are done with regularity. However, if a person is looking for a drastic change, it can be expected that he or she would have to do more by the way of complex exercises, at least on a relative scale.
One of these exercises is to join the hands in a prayer position and then separate the palms, but make sure the fingers stay pressed to each other; an act known as steepling the fingers. With these simple exercises in place, you can avoid the pain of dealing with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome for good! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.
Sticking to routine is probably not the best idea when it comes to sex. Sex is about getting adventurous and going wild. So here is how you can spice things up in bed and make things interesting when you have been in a long-term relationship.
Here is a list of things that you can do to keep things in the sheets:
- Surprise your partner every once in a while: Everybody loves surprises, especially when it is related to sex. It can be anything, from having your partner not say a word while you yank his clothes off and get busy, to walking up to him with whipped cream on the right parts of your body. The key is to keep things interesting, so maybe do not do this too often. Save it for special occasions.
- Morning sex once a week, at least: Waking up to a mind-blowing orgasm? No better way to start a day. And the best part is that your partner is right next to you. Studies have shown that sex in the morning helps to raise your alertness and keeps your mood elevated all day.
- Share your wildest fantasies: When you have been in a long term relationship, your comfort level is probably at its peak. So go ahead and buy that stringy nurse costume online and surprise your partner. Or go out on a nice long drive, and don’t forget to get frisky with him in the car.
- Holiday themed sex: A Santa hat and a ribbon around your waist. That ought to keep you both busy all Christmas.
- Try a new position every month: The next time you go to the bookstore, grab yourself a copy of The Kamasutra and help yourselves to the more realistic positions. That can give a wonderful twist to your love life.
- Role play: You have been with each other for years now. You both perhaps know each other inside out. Try a little game called role playing where you meet each other all over again. To add to the fun, whip up some new names for each other.
- Put technology to its best use: Send a text explaining all the dirty things you would do to your partner after he gets home. That will have him looking forward to what is coming up all day. Maybe attach a tempting picture of yourself, for men are visual creatures. And don’t forget the “NSFW”. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Masturbation is very common and most people indulge in it at some stage or the other in their lives. With online content becoming the main research material, there are lots of myths about masturbation in both men and women. Read on to know some of the common myths and facts about this in males and females.
Myth vs. Fact #1: The common myth is that men who masturbate regularly will have erectile dysfunction. The reality is that the body gets used to certain types of touch, like your own hand or vibrations, and therefore achieving pleasure with a partner may require slight practice and time. It, however, does not cause erectile dysfunction per se. It is a common belief that people who masturbate are sexually exhausted and would not be able to perform when actually with a partner. This is not true, for as long as the person is stimulated and desires sex, they can indulge in it with no cap on the number of instances that a person can be involved in the act.
Myth vs. Fact #2: Indulging in masturbation is an abnormal part of sexual growth. Though most would not admit it, there are anonymous studies which reveal a large number of people (about 70% of the boys and 60% of the girls) in the age group of 15 to 18 indulge in masturbation. This indicates that it is a very normal part of growing up. Children should be educated that it is normal to touch and explore the genitals, but should know the limitations.
Myth vs. Fact #3: People in relationships do not masturbate. Whether single or in a relationship, people masturbate, and this does not mean they are unhappy in their relationships. Depending on the levels of sexual desire and stimulation, some would indulge in masturbation despite being in a healthy relationship with a partner. Some people could indulge in the act together, which also has benefits like avoiding pregnancy.
Myth vs. Fact #4: Masturbation has no good effects. Just as sex acts as a good stress buster, masturbation does too. The good health benefits of masturbation include better sleep, reduced levels of stress and tension, improved concentration, reduced headaches, increased self-esteem, and an overall happy being. In women, this also helps improve vaginal dryness, which is a major cause of painful vaginal sex.
Myth vs. Fact #5: Masturbation has emotional side effects. Over indulgence surely can affect work, school, or social life, but it is not true for everybody. If that is the case, the person requires counselling. Else, it is a part of normal growing up and does not cause any physical or mental problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
A headache is the most common ailment to affect men and women. Did you know that there are over 150 different types of headaches? Each of these different types of headaches has its own symptoms, triggers and needs to be treated in a different way. In some cases, you may even require surgery. This is often recommended for severe migraines and cluster headaches.
The different types of surgeries that may be performed to treat such headaches include:
- Neurostimulation: For this procedure, a wire electrode is inserted through the skin at the back of the neck near the occipital nerve and used to provide electrical stimulation. This form of surgery is best suited to patients who have benefited positively from an occipital nerve block.
- Radiofrequency thermocoagulation: This is one the most common forms of surgical treatment for cluster headaches. For this procedure, a radiofrequency current is used to heat tissue of a certain area. By doing this, the passage for pain is obstructed and headaches are relieved. Some of the side effects of this surgery could include corneal sensory loss, severe facial dysesthesias and reactions to anesthesia. In rare cases, it could also cause a stroke, infections or motor weakness. Thankfully, these effects typically are resolved within 6 months.
- Microvascular decompression: This is an invasive procedure that is performed while the patient is under general anesthesia. It also involves a craniectomy. The aim of this procedure is to remove a vascular loop that compresses a nerve and thereby restore normal anatomy. Hospitalization is typically required for a few days after the procedure
- Gamma knife radiosurgery: This is the type of neurosurgery where the trigeminal nerve is hit by radiation. This procedure can be performed as an outpatient procedure and can be completed in a few hours. It has a very low rate of complications but the long term effects of this form of treatment are not yet clear. There may also be a high rate of relapses associated with this form of treatment.
- Septoplasty: In the case of migraines, a deviated septum may be contributing to your headache. In such cases, surgical correction of the septum can help relieve pressure on the nerves that pass through it and in turn reduce the frequency and intensity of your headaches. Septoplasty addresses common issues concerning the septum such as a bent cartilage or deviated cartilage. This procedure can be performed under local or general anesthesia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
We're all guilty of making fun of snorers but sometimes this snoring can be a symptom of sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is a condition where breathing is not continuous and may start and stop many times while asleep. This affects the quality of your sleep and in turn can affect many aspects of your health including your cardiovascular health. Here's how:
High Blood Pressure
When a sleep apnea patient's breathing stops, the oxygen levels in the blood also suddenly fall. This can increase your blood pressure. High blood pressure means that the heart muscles need to work harder to pump blood through the body.
As a result of high blood pressure, the heart walls may become thicker and the heart muscles become stiffer. This is known as cardioyopathy. As this condition worsens, the heart becomes weaker and is unable to maintain a regular rhythm. This can eventually lead to heart failure.
An irregular heartbeat is also known as arrhythmia. This may also be related to the changes in the heart's structure that follow the drop in blood oxygen levels. In many cases, arrhythmia has no visible symptoms and can often go undiagnosed. This can result in the formation of blood clots in the atria which can lead to a stroke.
Sleep apnea is easy to diagnose. If the doctor feels that you show symptoms of sleep apnea, you may be asked to stay on the hospital overnight and undergo a sleep evaluation. This tests a variety of body functions including brain activity, eye movements, heart rate, breathing patterns and blood oxygen levels.
Treatment for sleep apnea depends on the causes for this condition. If you are overweight, regular exercise and a change in diet can help you lose the excess weight and cure sleep apnea. Similarly, if your sleep apnea is triggered by an allergy, treating the allergy can help cure the sleep apnea. Other forms of treatment for sleep apnea may include:
Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP)
This is a machine which pumps air into the body through a nasal mask. By keeping the pressure in the machine higher than normal air pressure the upper airway passages are kept open and hence the quality of your sleep is improved. An auto CPAP machine can modulate the air pressure such that it is higher when you inhale and lower when you exhale.;
Your doctor may suggest oral devices that allow you to keep your mouth open while you sleep. This is easier to use than CPAP machine but less effective.
Cancer is one of the most fatal diseases in the world. Stomach cancer is also known as 'Gastric cancer'. Like other diseases, it is crucial that it gets identified in the early stages and gets treated before it reaches the incurable stage. Like other forms of cancer, the exact cause of stomach cancer is still not yet known. However, certain things make stomach cancer more likely to happen.
The possible causes of stomach cancer are given below:
Some of these causes apply to nearly all forms of cancer. However, some of them only apply to stomach cancer.
- Bad diet
- Stomach surgery for an ulcer
- Type-A blood
- Epstein-Barr virus infection
- Exposure to certain materials in certain industries
- Helicobacter pylori bacteria
Some of the symptoms of stomach cancer are:
Stomach cancer like all other forms of cancer has various stages and it is crucial that it is diagnosed in the early stages so that the progression of it is stymied. At first, the symptoms of stomach cancer include indigestion, loss of appetite, slight nausea, heartburn and the feeling of being bloated after a meal.
However, indigestion and heartburn, doesn't always mean that you have stomach cancer, but if these conditions persist, you should visit a doctor to rule out the possibility of stomach cancer.
The growth of the tumor in your stomach can lead to various serious symptoms too, such as:
- Stomach pain
- Blood in your stool
- Weakness or exhaustion
- Diarrhea and constipation
- Weight loss for no apparent reason
- Swelling in your stomach
- Trouble in swallowing
- Eyes and skin turn yellowish
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
The inflammation of the sinuses is a condition referred to as sinusitis. This can be caused by a number of factors including infection, allergies, air pollution, nasal polyps, septal deviation etc.
The symptoms of acute sinusitis may include -
- Pain over the affected sinuses
- Stuffiness of the nose or Running nose
- Loss of smell
- Sore throat or cough
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating acute sinusitis effectively without side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda:
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Turmeric - Turmeric is one of the most effective cure for sinusitis and has been used in Ayurveda for centuries. One has to inhale the smoke generated when a turmeric stick is burnt. To do this take a piece of dry turmeric and dip in oil [coconut or gingely oil will do] and light it. When it starts burning put off the flame and you will see the at smoke is generated. Inhale this smoke through each nostril three times. repeat this twice daily for 3 days
- Ginger-Garlic-Turmeric-honey-lemon recipe – Ginger, garlic and honey have powerful antimicrobial properties. Turmeric has anti bacterial and ad anti allergic properties. Lemon and ginger are powerful immune system boosters. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with garlic, turmeric and honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, drink warm black tea with lemon, ginger and honey several times daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Watch your diet - Ayurveda considers diet an important part of the treatment process. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of luke warm lemon tea with honey is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Sweets, processed foods, dairy, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when suffering from sinusitis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Feeling bloated or acidic after a heavy meal can take away all the satisfaction the taste of food gave you. Indigestion and gas are some of the most common gastrointestinal problems faced by people around the world. In most cases, indigestion is a result of bad food choices and unhealthy lifestyles. Thus they can simply be relieved at home and do not necessarily need medication. Here are 4 easy steps to lower heartburn, gas and indigestion.
- Add more fiber to your food: Fiber is crucial to healthy digestion. It is easy to digest and help push waste out of the system by adding bulk. In this way, fiber helps detoxify the system as well. It also prevents diabetes, heart disease, hemorrhoids and other diseases. Add fiber to your diet in the form of whole grains, cereals, fruits, vegetables, nuts and plenty of water. Ideally, a woman should have 25gms of fiber a day and men should have 38 grams of fiber a day.
- Healthy food eating habits: How you eat also makes a difference to your digestion. Instead of eating on the move, eat mindfully. Chew your food carefully to begin the digestive system. Eating smaller portions can also help improve stomach functioning. Avoid fast foods that are difficult to digest. Ensure that you do not eat anything for at least an hour before going to bed. Lying down immediately after a meal is one of the leading causes of indigestion.
- Probiotics: Gut bacteria is essential for healthy digestion. This bacteria helps maintain a healthy inner ecosystem and help fight harmful viruses, yeast and other such microorganisms. This balance of gut bacteria can be affected by an unhealthy lifestyle like excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, stress and certain prescription drugs. Supplementing your natural probiotic enzymes with food rich in probiotics like yogurt or probiotic supplements can help make your digestion better.
- Exercise Regularly: Exercise is necessary not only for a fit body but also for healthy digestion. Exercising also helps fight stress that is one of the leading causes of indigestion. Taking a walk after meals can help regulate the passage of food and gases in your digestive system. This prevents bloating and heartburn. Physical activity also helps stimulate your bowels to prevent constipation and prevent gaseous build up. Some forms of exercise you could try are yoga, swimming and cycling. A word of caution; always ensure that there is at least an hour's gap between exercising and your last meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired.
Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.
Although some women with PCOS have regular periods, high levels of androgens and also the hormone insulin can disrupt the monthly cycle of ovulation (when eggs are released) and menstruation.
Circumcision is one of the oldest surgical procedures. Practiced for thousands of years, it can be done for cultural, religious, social or medical reasons. No matter a man's reason for having a circumcision done, it's vitally important that he pays very close attention to good penis care in the days and weeks following the procedure. The more good care he gives himself, the better penis health and sensation he will be able to maintain for the rest of his life as a circumcised man.
Of course, keep in mind that the tips below are for the majority of circumcision cases; a guy who has a more complicated case or other surgical procedures done in addition to circumcision might want to take these tips with a grain of salt. What matters most is following the surgeon's directions for recovery to the letter. And when in doubt, never hesitate to call the physician!
Pursuing an uneventful circumcision recovery
For most men, circumcision can take well under an hour. If there are medical problems, such as a too-tight foreskin or infection, those problems can begin to resolve almost immediately upon completion of the procedure. Here's what to expect from a routine recovery:
1. Expect serious bruising and swelling. This is typical of any surgery, not just one done on the penis. In fact, the bruising after surgery can be quite shocking, so don't be alarmed if it appears that the entire manhood is covered in bruised splotches. This will go away over a matter of weeks.
2. Use the pain medication. Though there isn't significant pain associated with a circumcision, there is still some discomfort. Painkillers will be prescribed, so use them. Don't be surprised if they are only necessary for a few days, however. Many men are surprised at how quickly the pain goes away.
3. Take care with urination. Yes, it's probably going to hurt when a guy pees after the circumcision. To alleviate this, he can drink plenty of water to stay hydrated and dilute the urine. He can also apply a bit of petroleum jelly to the tip of the penis before and after he urinates, to help keep the acidity away from the more sensitive areas.
4. Avoid certain activities and movement. It's important to give the penis ample time to heal. This means all sexual activity is off-limits for at least a few weeks. It also means a guy must be extra-careful not to let the penis bump into anything, suffer any sort of trauma, or otherwise be handled roughly. That means avoiding contact sports and wearing underwear that holds the penis snugly, to avoid the natural side-to-side movement when he walks around.
5. Use only what the doctor prescribes. It might be tempting to use natural oils, creams and the like when the penis is healing. This is never a good idea. Use only the crèmes the doctor suggest during those first few weeks, as the use of anything else could interfere with healing. Though the use of a good penis health crème is encouraged after the healing is complete, don't reach for it while the wound is still healing!
6. Try to avoid erections. That means a guy doesn't want to spend his time looking at adult videos! He also wants to try to avoid nocturnal erections, though this is understandably impossible to eliminate completely. A few tips include ensuring the bladder is always as empty as possible, which might mean getting up a few times at night to urinate. Lying on his side in a fetal position can also help a guy alleviate some of the erections he might get at night.
Finally, remember to keep all doctor's appointments. If anything about the circumcision feels painful, get in touch with the physician immediately.
And once a guy is healed, it's time to reach for the best penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). He will want one that contains a multitude of vitamins and nutrients, especially L-carnitine. This amino acid is known for lessening the chances of peripheral nerve damage and helping preserve penis sensation.
Hives is a very common condition and about 20% of the world has got it at some point in their lives. There are many causes to it ranging from blood transfusions to certain allergic reactions to food. It starts off as an itchy patch of skin but slowly swells and turns into red welts. There are certain factors which makes the itching worse including stress, alcohol and scratching the area of skin which was itchy in the first place.
Here are all the causes and symptoms of hives:
- Food: Allergic reactions to foods such as nuts, eggs and shellfish are a common cause of hives.
- Medications: Certain medications also have a side effect of causing hives. Penicillin and sulfa are two of the antibiotics, which can cause hives. Ibuprofen and Aspirin are also two other medications, which are commonly known to cause hives.
- Infections: Both bacterial and viral infections can lead to hives. Strep throat, urinary tract infections, common cold and hepatitis are some of many bacterial and viral infections, which may cause hives.
- Stimuli: Certain factors such as temperature, pressure, sun exposure and other physical stimuli may cause hives as well.
- Plants and animals: Dander in animals are the flakes of skin in their fur. Moreover, coming into contact with certain poisonous plants may cause hives.
- Insects: When insects sting or bite you, you may get hives.
- Latex: Latex is a type of rubber used in many types of clothing. It has been said that wearing clothing made out of latex can cause hives.
- Pollen: Pollen is a light powdery substance produced by plants such as oak trees. It travels through the air and may cause hives if it comes into contact with your skin.
- Bumps: Itchy red bumps appear on the skin when you have hives. Sometimes, the bumps can be skin-colored as well.
- Blanching: When the bumps turn white after you press them, it is known as blanching. Blanching is the only clear symptom of hives. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Swimmer’s ear is a condition, which is characterized by an infection in the outer ear. This infection usually stems from the water that remains in the ear after swimming, forming a moist environment that allows bacteria to grow and procreate. This condition can also develop if you happen to insert your finger or other foreign objects into the ears.
The symptoms of this disorder are usually mild in the beginning, but may worsen if left untreated. In its germinating stage, this condition exhibits symptoms such as itching in the ears and a watery discharge. If the disorder has progressed to an advanced stage, then the symptoms become slightly different. An intense pain on the particular side of the face, swelling in the ear and blockage of the ear canal are some of the common symptoms. In extreme cases, swelling of the lymph nodes and moderate to high fever can be indicative of this condition.
The causes of swimmer’s ear are bacteria that are found in soil and water. Your ears have a natural defense system against infections; glands in the ear secrete an acidic substance called ‘cerumen’ that kills the bacteria. The ear canal has a downward slope from the middle ear to the outer ear, thus allowing the water to drain out. Swimmer’s ear occurs when these defenses fail to work. This happens when there is excessive moisture in the ear canal, creating an environment for the bacteria to grow. In addition, certain factors such as swimming in dirty water, a narrow ear canal and excessive cleaning of the ear canal can lead to this condition.
The aim of the treatment is to prevent the infection from progressing and allow the ear to heal. The first step is to clean the ear canal so that the eardrops can reach the affected area. Once the ear is cleaned, eardrops are administered to get rid of the bacteria. The various medications that are used in the treatment of swimmer’s ear are:
1. Antibiotics: They are used to combat the bacteria that cause the infection.
2. Acidic solutions: It is used to restore the normal environment in the ear.
3. Steroids: These help in reducing the inflammation.
You may also be prescribed pain medications to treat the pain resulting from this condition. Try to avoid swimming till the condition heals completely. Make sure you aren’t inserting any foreign object in the ears as that may aggravate the situation further. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ent Specialist.
Hello sir" I suddenly suffered with viral fever and this viral came with allot of weakness in my body .especially in the leg area .I am having a huge pain while walking ;My viral is over but still the body is affected with pain and weakness in leg why this is happening.
The urethra is a thin tube that is responsible for carrying urine from the bladder. The urethra is wide enough to facilitate a free flow of urine. However, in some cases, the tube can narrow down and it can restrict urinary flow. This condition is known as a urethral stricture. It is a condition that affects mostly men.
The inflammation of the tubular tissues or the presence of scar tissue is the number one cause for urethral stricture. In some cases, an accident or the injury to the groin area can also lead to the formation of such thin tubes. The other factors can include pelvic fractures, radiation, urinary infection and in some cases even STDs(Sexually Transmitted Disease).
Most of the symptoms of Urethral stricture are mild. Only in some rare cases, the symptoms can be extreme. These can include weak or restricted urine flow, frequent urges to urinate, and feeling of heaviness in the bladder, a burning sensation during urination, swelling and pain while urinating. Sometimes your urine may discharge volts of blood and the color of urine may change.
Diagnosis is by a physical examination and by analyzing the urine samples. In most of the cases, the thickness of the walls is measured by cystoscopy. The rate of the urine passed may also be checked for identifying the symptoms.
Treatment depends on the severity of the condition. Nonsurgical methods aim to improve the width of the urethra. This is done by using an instrument called a dilator. This is done as an outpatient procedure. This procedure is the most common method done and is done for most of the milder cases. Surgery is another option. The surgery aims to remove the heaviness of the urethra and enlarges the size of the flow.
Urine Flow Diversion:
This is done in extremely rare cases if the bladder has to be completely removed. In those cases, hole in the abdomen is done and urine is bypassed to that hole. However, this is an extremely rare scenario.
Try to avoid injuries in the groin area. If you are playing sports or a fitness enthusiast, use proper protection for your abdominal and groin regions. Try to always have safe sex and if you feel that there is some discomfort or some uneasiness while passing urine, do consult with a doctor immediately. In many cases, the condition can be avoided if proper precautions are taken.
Psoriasis is a skin disease, which develops in men and women often during middle age and above. Although tests and researches are being carried out in various laboratories around the world, the exact cause of this condition is yet unknown. Psoriasis is not infectious. In other words, it does not spread by coming in contact with someone suffering from it. In case you see that you are just developing psoriasis or it is in its early stages, then you can opt for some simple and natural methods of curing it. These home remedies fall under Ayurvedic treatments and help you in getting rid of this disease before it spreads further into your body.
- Moist skin: Apply lots of moisturizer on your body. This is done to keep the skin moist and supple. The more your skin becomes dry, the chances of it bleeding and causing infections increase. It is often recommended to apply body oil or sesame oil before taking a bath as it softens the skin.
- Use natural body soaps: Sometimes the body soaps that you use are made of harsh chemicals. These chemicals come in contact with your body and aggravate the infection furthermore. You can use home made natural soaps, which are made of natural ingredients and are gentle on your skin.
- Avoid skin injuries: Skin injuries like a cut, bleeding, blisters etc. can be harmful for psoriasis. They can aggravate the inflammation and cause more damage. In fact, it is recommended that you apply moisturizer and sunscreen every time you step out of the house in order to protect your skin from further damage.
- Use medicines after consultation: Certain medicines have the ability to flare up the effects of psoriasis. Thus, when you develop this disease, it is advised that you meet a general physician and discuss your medicines with him/her in order to control the same.
- Reduce stress: Stress levels contribute a lot to psoriasis. Thus, you need to relax as much as possible. You can try out yoga and meditation to keep the stress level down and in turn control this disease as well.
- Wear cotton clothes: Wear clothes that you are comfortable in and those which do not cause irritation on your skin. Synthetic clothes sometimes cause a lot of irritation and rashes on the skin. It is something that should be avoided.
These are some of the quick and natural remedies to cure yourself of psoriasis as early as possible.
Angina or angina pectoris is the pain, discomfort or tightness in the chest that occurs when the blood flow to the heart muscle cells is not enough to meet its energy needs. It is not a disease itself but rather a symptom of the coronary heart disease.
What are the different types of angina?
1. Stable angina: It is the commonest form of angina. It can be triggered by stress or physical activity and usually only lasts a few minutes.
2. Unstable angina: It happens when you're resting or aren't very active. The pain is strong and long lasting, and may keep recurring. It may be a signal of an impending heart attack.
3. Variant angina: This might take place when you're asleep or at rest. This sudden tightening or narrowing of the heart's arteries causes a lot of pain.
How u know what your are experiencing is an angina pain?
You might be having angina pain if you suffer from one or more of these symptoms:
- Chest pain
- Pain in your arm, neck, jaw and back
- Numbness or loss of feeling in your arms, shoulders or wrists
Immediate Relief from Angina
If previously advised by a certified doctor, patients can take antiplatelet medicines which are blood thinners and prevent unstable angina. Final treatments include angioplasty (repair of a blocked blood vessel through surgery), insertion of a coronary artery stent (a tube that is used to treat weakened arteries) or a heart bypass surgery for serious complications.