Treatment of Nasal Disorders
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Salivary Gland Surgery
Reconstructive Middle Ear Surgery
Microsurgery Of The Larynx
Revision Ear Surgery
Revision Ear Surgeries
Scar Revision Surgery
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Pure Tone Audiometry
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Canalith Repositioning (Cr) Procedure
Cysts Removal Procedure
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (Tens)
Laser Surgeries For Head And Neck Lesions
Treatment for Laryngotracheal Anomalies
Submit a review for Sardesai Ent ClinicYour feedback matters!
About a 45 percent of adults snore occasionally, and although most people tend to ignore it, snoring is a problem that must be dealt with consideration. There are many families where one spouse snores and keeps the other person from a good night’s sleep. It has been reported that snoring can create severe disputes in marriage and one who snores must take steps to control snoring.
Snoring is not simply a nuisance, but a major proportion of individuals who snore are affected with obstructive sleep apnea by which breathing is disrupted while a person is fast asleep. This condition increases the risk of heart diseases. Fortunately, there are ways to control a person's snoring.
- Weight loss: Having a large neck circumference and being overweight increases the risk of pushing the fat down at the throat resulting in snoring. With a suitable weight loss training, one can control the snoring to a considerable extent.
- Altering sleep positions: Sleeping on the sides help in forbidding the tongue from resting backwards and blocking the throat while sleeping. Some specially created pillows can help the individuals from rolling back during sleep.
- Limit alcohol intake: Drinking alcohol contributes to further relaxation of muscles in the airways and collapse the path which makes snoring even worse. Limiting consumption of alcohol and avoiding to drink it at least 4 to 5 hours before going to bed can reduce snoring to a significant extent.
- Stop smoking: Smoking invariably leads to nasal congestion as well as inflammation which in turn worsen snoring. If one is running out of reasons to avoid smoking, then this is one of the most convincing reasons to quit smoking and enjoy overall good health.
- Certain medications: There are some medicines, particularly sedatives and antihistamines are designed to have a relaxing effect and can, therefore, aggravate snoring. But it is advised to consult with the general physician before making any alterations in the medicine routine.
- Avoid opening the mouth: Those who are aware of snoring with the mouth open must avoid opening the mouth during sleep by using a specifically designed tape or adhesive for closing shut the mouth while sleeping.
- Using specialised device: The mandibular advancement device is specifically crafted for those who suffer from tongue-based snoring. This equipment helps in moving the jaw forward as well as prevent the tongue from blocking the backside of the throat while sleeping.
- Avoid nasal collapse: Those who suffer from nasal collapse must use some form of adhesive nasal dilator strip which has to be placed over the nose. This would aid in keeping the airways open as well as reduce snoring.
- Treat allergies: Inflammation, as well as nasal congestion triggered by allergies, is a common cause of snoring while sleeping. One must opt to do an allergy test to identify and reduce potential allergens in the area where the individual sleeps such as bedding type, pet hair, dust mites, wheat or dairy intolerance and lessen snoring.
Thus, snoring can be controlled before it becomes a problem.
I have a yellowish pus on my throat. N due to that I can't eat. And also soar throat due to sinus. And it's pain. So please reply.
I feel every time dry my thyroid, can you explain me because now I am not in India so, This is not a cancer symptoms?
How To Take Care Of Your Ears?
1) Avoid unnecessary and excessive use of earbuds.
2) Avoid staying too close to a loudspeaker for a longer duration
3) Do not insert sharp or pointed objects in ear for cleaning.
4) Use earplugs while swimming.
5) Listening to music on a headphone at a high volume for a long time can cause deafness.
6) Avoid using otc medication like drops or tablets for ear problems. Always consult a doctor.
7) If you experience sudden hearing loss, take your doctor's appointment as soon as possible.
In summers swimming is wonderful for soothing pitta dosha. Other water-based sports and ice-skating are also good choices. Leisurely evening strolls after the heat of the day is relaxing for both mind and body. An occasional moonlight walk soothing for pitta-ruffled emotions.
Sir, Actually ,today I have drink some hot water. Then my throat started to pain. What will I do for my throat? Give me solution.
I am having severe throat infection. I had consulted ENT specialist. He prescribed me to have claribid 500 mg twice (after breakfast and dinner) and levoday 500 after lunch. I am feeling better with reduced throat pain. Problem is I am having bitter taste for all day long and feeling weakness. What should I take for this which will not have bad effect on infection. Can I have saunf for removing bitter taste. And what to take for removing weakness?
I am 28 years old. Mujhe ek 7 saal ka beta hai jo operation se hua hai. Mujhe back pain ki problem hai or mera hath or pair m swelling hota hai or mujhe nind nai aati hai hath pair m jhanjhanat hota hai bhut tied feel Karti hun chakkar aata hai, bhut jyada hair fall v ho raha hai, please help me.
I have a drop like feeling in chest followed by dizziness for a second most likely it feel like heart is paused for a sec and it misses beating. And feeling tired after wards. Dizziness will be there for a second only. I have taken multiple ecg, echo,stress test and a holder monitor a year back all came normal. My life is destroyed by this .Kindly help.
I am 26 year old girl. Recently I done cbc in which my esr was 30. I am just having symptoms like very warm sensation in throat, little warm in whole body, pain in ear. I was in stress frm last 6 month and not getting enough sleep. Is it due to my lifestyle problem? Because I do not think it is due to infection. I ate and drink simple homemade food. please tel me is anything to be worried about this?
I'm having a common cold for more than 5 to 6 day but when I blow my nose today it comes out with blood this was my first time bleeding during cold what medicine should I take.
Hi, My daughter aged 5 years has been advised an adenoidectomy. She is a mouth breather, gets ear infections whenever she gets a cold which she picks up from school. There is no other complication. But there is definite improvement - the snoring has stopped etc. I am very hesitant to have her get this operation. Is there some way to avoid this operation?
I have been affected by ear block quite frequently off late. No it's not due to excess wax accumulation or common cold. I did visit an ENTspecialist recently and was told that this is due to the blockage between ear and nose and should be alright soon and gave me some medicines. I was on medication for 5 days and felt alright for 10 days, now the ear block as reappeared and it's causing too much of inconvenience and lack of concentration at work. The ear block worsens when I am in the air conditioning room. Please help.
Hello doctor in my left ear the water enters and it settled inside for a month and I uses cotton buds to clean it and it makes a pain when moving my jaw and hearing is also lesser in the ear and yesterday I once again uses the cotton buds it gives the reddish brown colour now I having the pain and lesser hearing and the water is inside my ear what to do next.
Are you suffering from a sore throat that is prolonged in nature? Although, a sore throat is not very severe, being prolonged in nature indicates that it is chronic. You should not ignore a sore throat that does not heal over a long period of time. This might be an indication of a serious problem, and you will require proper diagnosis.
When is a sore throat termed as chronic?
- A sore throat may take various forms. It can be itchy, burning, scratchy in nature, and can also cause difficulty in swallowing food.
- It is likely for a sore throat to be accompanied by a form of pesky cough that leads to further irritation of the throat.
- Sore throats can also occur from common colds and several viruses. These usually resolve on their own.
- However, when your sore throat is persistent and you cannot find relief, it is referred to as a chronic sore throat. The primary cause of sore throat includes strep throat, allergies, tonsillitis or the infection of your tonsils, inhaling air pollutants, influenza, cigarette smoking, and inhaling via the mouth.
- Among these conditions, strep throat and tonsillitis may turn into severe problems, if not treated properly.
- Smoking is a major cause of chronic sore throat. You should control your smoking to eliminate these sore throat symptoms.
- Snoring is also a major cause for sore throat.
Relief from chronic sore throat
No matter what is the cause of your chronic throat pain, or sore throat is, you should follow some steps and undertake simple home remedies for soothing your scratchy, itchy and painful throat. Some of them include the following:
- Do hot water steam inhalation daily, which will help
- You must stay well hydrated and should moisten your throat by drinking lots of fluids throughout the day. You should add honey to warm drinks and hot tea.
- You may take over the counter pain relievers.
- You should install a humidifier in your home for preventing dry air that causes irritation to your throat.
- You may try gargling regularly with warm water and salt, at least twice a day.
It is difficult to diagnose the exact cause of a sore throat, but when it worsens or does not tend to leave, something serious is indicated. You must consult a doctor and undertake a physical examination of your throat in order to detect the cause.