Doctor in KEM Hospital - Pune
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for KEM Hospital - PuneYour feedback matters!
Tips to Prevent the Spread of HIV-
- Sex with protection (condom)
- No multiple partners (sex partners)
- Avoid intercourse with sex workers especially unprotected.
- Avoid unprotected sexual intercourse at massage parlors.
- Avoid intercourse with anonymous that too without protection.
- Avoid bisexual activities.
Stay in a healthy and faithful relationship with your partner.
Diagnosis of depression starts with a consultation with a doctor or mental health specialist. It is important to seek the help of a health professional to rule out different causes of depression, ensure an accurate differential diagnosis, and secure safe and effective treatment.
Every time I eat something immediately in 30 min I go to latrine due to improper digestion. This is happening since last 4-5 days. please suggest anything. My stool is normal every time.
Hello sir/madam, I am 23 years old. I am underweight (thin body). I try many things (milk with banana, ayurdic medicine, dabur tonic like ashwagandha etc. Nutrigain powder with milk) but not any changes seen in my body. And after that I check my kidney, liver and thyroid total function, and general doctor tell me that potassium and phosphorus serum level is high and T4 is less than normal. What disease I am suffering from. Please Tell me and also tell me how can I OK?
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so.
Piles, Pilonidal sinus and fissures are all ano-rectal diseases which cause tremendous pain and discomfort. Anal fissure or anal fistula is also popularly called fissure-in-ano. It is a disorder in which a tear develops in the skin which lines the anal opening.
Causes of anal fistula-
- Hard, dry movement of the bowels
- Severe constipation
- Chronic diarrhoea which causes excessive friction in the anal area
Symptoms of anal fistula-
- Pain during passage of stool
- Bleeding during bowel movement
- Discomfort during passage of stool including cramps
- Issues while passing urine
- Itchiness in the anal area
Kshar Sutra Treatment for Anal Fissures:
Anal fistula is quite painful and is often wrongly diagnosed as piles. This makes the treatment even more time consuming and less effective. Allopathic treatment involves surgery and drying of the wound. The chances of re-appearance of fissures are high in case of surgery. Ayurveda provides a less painful and more effective cure for fistula. Ayurveda has prescribed kshar sutra treatment for different ano-rectal disorders including anal fissures.
How does kshar sutra treatment work?
Kshar sutra is a para-surgical treatment in which a medicinal thread is used to not only remove the infection but also to heal the wound by promoting growth of healthy tissues. Ayurvedic Kshar sutra treatment for fistula includes the following steps-
- Preparation of the Kshar sutra or the medicinal thread by coating it with medicinal herbs.
- Physical examination of the fistula to identify its location and extent.
- A small cut or incision is made through which the medical thread is introduced into the problem area.
- The medicine on the thread heals the infection and promotes growth of healthy cells.
Ayurveda promotes an all round treatment of the disorder to prevent its reoccurrence. Fissures can be easily cured using kshar sutra. But, along with it, Ayurveda also suggests a healthy, wholesome diet to make the passage of stool easier and pain free.
A menstrual cup is a flexible cup designed out of medical grade silicone or rubber, which can be inserted inside the vagina. It is not used for absorbing blood; rather it collects the menstrual blood.
Advantages of menstrual cups over tampons
- Tampons are disposable. Menstrual cups can be cleaned, rinsed and reused.
- Need not be changed after every few hours. One can go without changing a menstrual cup for more than 12 hours.
- Easier to use compared to a tampon. The insertion is smoother and it is generally not very uncomfortable if insertion is done correctly.
- The menstrual cups need not be replaced frequently. Tampons however are needed in large numbers every month.
- Tampons absorb almost all the vaginal fluid, leaving it dry and prone to irritation. Menstrual cups on the other hand, leave the beneficial bacteria in place and maintain vaginal pH.
- Menstrual cups help prevent menstrual odours as it is present internally.
Reasons why you should use menstrual cups
Menstrual cups rarely cause allergic reactions, unlike tampons. One menstrual cup lasts an entire day, month and even years. They are also the most environment friendly choice as there is no need to dispose them after every use. They prevent staining, leakage and do not increase muscle cramps. There is no risk of TSS (Toxic Shock Syndrome) from menstrual cups, which is a major risk from leaving tampons inside the body for too many hours. Menstrual cups are also helpful if you are a swimmer. They don’t make things difficult for you at all. Menstrual cups are made from 100% medically approved silicone and not cotton or rayon. If you are unable to use tampons, you may choose menstrual cups as the insertion is generally smoother. However, it completely depends on individual preference. Menstrual cups also reduce the bulk of having to carry like sanitary napkins during travel, and urgent needs to change. Thus it makes a long journey worry free. No matter what protective measures you take, remember to be comfortable. Try and maintain a diet rich in nutrients, that can help regulate the blood flow and prevent painful blood clots. Also, it is important to remain physically active to prevent muscle cramps and back pain.
Nature calls are to be attended to, no doubt, but when it is a fart, most feel embarrassed. On an average, humans fart fourteen times a day which they generally either control or excuse themselves, but helpless when the farts come out at night.
People may seek medications to control farts, but the reality is that these medications do not work. Many people also consider using butt strips which are said to open up the anal canal, but they are extremely dangerous as they can pave the way for anal inflammation and may lead to severe health complications.
What causes night farts?
During sleep, the body relaxes entirely, and it lets go of all its tensions, and one of the ways it does this is by releasing farts. The reason behind regular farts is consumption of air while eating foods. This air comprises of different types of gases, which reacts with the other gases during the process of chemical breakdown and digestion. Since the gases cannot rest inside the body, they come out in the form of farts. People tend to fart while asleep because all the muscles relax during sleep and the pubococcygeus muscle is no exception to this. Though it is a common health problem and can create a lot of issues in the personal life.
How to get rid of excessive farting during the night?
- Diet: Diet plays a critical part in determining how much gas is formed inside our bellies. There are some foods which are known for causing more gas than others including prunes, peas, broccoli, onions, garlic, bananas, leafy vegetables like cabbages, and various fried foods. All of these foods contain high level of fiber, which causes flatulence levels to skyrocket. If you are lactose intolerant, then dairy products are bound to cause more gas in your tummy which is expelled at night. Eating right before going to the bed leads to the excessive stimulation of the digestive system which causes the gas to come out through the rear end. You should try to quit eating any solid foods at least four hours before sleep.
- Do not hold your fart: Another important tip to reduce night farts is to fart through the day. Even though this may sound absurd, many people tend to hold their farts because of their shame without understanding that it may lead to health issues.
- Do not sleep on your stomach: If you are already suffering from night farts, you should avoid sleeping on your belly. This position would invariably press the gases and compel them to come out.
- Plenty of water helps: It may sound like a no-brainer, but drinking an adequate amount of water throughout the day will not just eliminate the bacteria, but also reduce the problem of night farts but settling down the gases.
Farts, though embarrassing, are common. Following the tips mentioned can help you get rid of them. If you can’t, don’t bother. Just let go!
Your knee is guarded and cushioned by a cartilage known as meniscus. A meniscus tear, therefore, is an extremely painful and discomforting situation. It occurs very frequently and has emerged as one of the most commonly occurring cartilage injuries. What makes a meniscus tear an extremely common phenomenon is the way it can tear that is all it takes is a twist of the knee for it to happen.
People involved in sports mostly face the brunt of this form of injury. The risk of getting meniscus torn increases with age and tends to occur at the slightest change of direction of movement.
Some of the symptoms of a torn meniscus are:
- Pain and inflammation: It goes without saying that an internal injury of the cartilage or tearing away of it would inevitably result in extreme pain and inflammation near the knee.
- Immobility: The extreme pain and inflammation, which follows will inevitably make it difficult to move. Since the pain occurs in the joint, you will have difficulty in walking and any forceful movement will only aggravate the pain.
- Locking of the knee: Locking of the knee refers to a situation when you are unable to move your knee. This occurs most commonly after you have your meniscus torn.
The doctors initiate the treatment with some simple measures to avoid surgery. The measures include:
- Rest: The first thing any doctor would recommend would be to take proper rest and do not indulge in any activity that aggravates your knee pain, or forces you to twist, rotate or pivot your knee. If you are suffering from severe pain, crutches might help in taking pressure off your knee to promote healing.
- Apply ice: In order to get some relief, applying ice is a suitable option. If you apply ice every day for some time, it wonders in reducing swelling and the consequent pain.
- Medication: There are some pain relievers that can ease knee pain.
The doctor then recommends physical therapy to strengthen the muscles around your knee area and other parts of the leg to stabilize and support the knee joint.
If your knee remains sour even after the therapy, then your doctor would recommend you to undergo a surgery. It is possible to repair a torn meniscus, especially in children and young adults. If the tear still doesn't get repaired, the meniscus might be tripped through surgery, through tiny incisions using an arthroscope. After the surgery, you will have to do exercises to optimize knee strength and stability.