Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
1. It’s antimicrobial!
Storing contaminated water in copper for up to 16 hours at room temperature considerably reduces the presence of the harmful microbes, so much that the researchers inferred that “copper holds promise as a point-of-use solution for microbial purification of drinking-water.
An additional study from university of south carolina researchers explored the purifying power of copper, finding that “antimicrobial copper surfaces in intensive care units (icu) kill 97% of bacteria that can cause hospital-acquired infections,” resulting in a 40% reduction in the risk of acquiring an infection. The research was done in a hospital icu. The research found that the rooms with copper-surfaced objects had less than half the infection incidence than those rooms without copper.
2. It’s a great brain stimulant.
Our brain works by transmitting impulses from one neuron to another through an area known as the synapses. These neurons are covered by a sheath called the myelin sheath that acts like a sort of conductive agent – helping the flow of impulses. How does copper figure here you ask? well, copper actually helps in the synthesis of phospholipids that are essential for the formation of these myelin sheaths. Thereby, making your brain work much faster and more efficiently. Apart from that copper is also known to have anti-convulsive properties (prevents seizures).
3. It aids in weight loss.
If diet just doesn’t seem to be helping you lose weight, try drinking water stored in a copper vessel on a regular basis. Apart from fine tuning your digestive system to perform better, copper also helps your body break down fat and eliminate it more efficiently.
4. It slows down aging.
If you are worried about the appearance of fine lines, copper is your natural remedy! packed with very strong anti-oxidant and cell forming properties, copper fights off free radicals – one of the main reasons for the formation of fine lines – and helps in the production of new and healthy skin cells that replace old dying ones.
5. Copper has anti-inflammatory properties and helps in arthritis and other inflammatory pains. This asset is especially great to relieve aches and pains caused due to inflamed joints. In addition to that, copper also has bone and immune system strengthening properties, making it the perfect remedy for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
6. It can fight off cancer.
Copper has very strong antioxidant properties that helps fight off free radicals and negate their ill effects – one of the main reasons for the development of cancer. According to the american cancer society the exact mechanism of how copper helps prevent the onset of cancer is still not known but some studies have shown that copper complexes have a considerable anti-cancer effect.
Top 10 ginger health benefits
Here are the top ginger health benefits proven by medical studies:
1. Stroke and heart disease
Two of the biggest killers on the planet may be kept at bay with regular ginger use, especially when eaten with other key superfoods. Garlic, ginger and onions all have an anti-blood-clotting ability, yet when they’re eaten together they’re a powerful mainstay against heart attacks and stroke!
2. Indigestion and nausea
Whether we’re talking about curing a simple tummy ache or severe morning sickness, ginger has been used for thousands of years as an effective digestive aid and natural remedy for nausea. Recently, taiwanese researchers discovered that three capsules (1.2 grams total) of ginger can actually help the stomach release its contents into the small intestines in people with dyspepsia — a condition in which 40 percent of patients suffer from abnormally delayed gastric emptying.
This is one reason why ginger helps people who are bloated, constipated and have other gastrointestinal disorders. It relaxes the smooth muscle in your gut lining and helps food move along throughout the system.
Key takeaway: eating whole ginger, drinking fresh ginger juice and inhaling diffused ginger essential oil are all highly effective ways to curb stomach disorders.
Proper food transport (and nutrient absorption) from the mouth out through your colon is the mainstay to health. If food gets stuck somewhere in between, it can ferment, rot or (even worse) cause obstruction, which is a life-threatening emergency.
Improper digestion can also cause improper assimilation of the nutrients in your food. Either way, both cause malabsorption, and your body suffers from nutrient deficiencies. This is why ginger is so important. Like we’ve seen above, it helps promote regular digestion and metabolism of your food and is largely responsible for promoting a strong immune system.
4. Compromised immunity and respiratory function
Ayurvedic medicine has praised ginger’s ability to boost the immune system before recorded history. It believes that because ginger is so effective at warming the body, it can help break down the accumulation of toxins in your organs. It’s also known to cleanse the lymphatic system, our body’s sewage system.
Dr. Oz says, “by opening up these lymphatic channels and keeping things clean, ginger prevents the accumulation of the toxins that make you susceptible to infections, especially in the respiratory system.” combining ginger oil and eucalyptus oil is an effective remedy to boost immunity and improve breathing.
5. Bacterial infections
The journal of microbiology and antimicrobials published a study in 2011 that tested just how effective ginger is in enhancing immune function. Comparing the ability of ginger to kill staphylococcus aureus and streptococcus pyogenes with conventional antibiotics, nigerian researchers discovered that the natural solution won every time!
The drugs — chloramphenicol, ampicillin and tetracycline — just couldn’t stand up to the antibacterial prowess of the ginger extract. This is important because these two bacteria are extremely common in hospitals and oftentimes cause complications to an already immune-compromised patient.
Key takeaway: if you ever need to go to the hospital for surgery or to visit a friend, make sure you bring some ginger essential oil with you and add a couple drops to your water. You’re less likely to get a dangerous staph infection, and it can help speed the healing process! other healing remedies that are effective against infections include oregano oil, clove oil and melaleuca oil.
6. Fungal infections
One of the trickier issues to control because they’re increasingly resistant to conventional medicine, fungal infections don’t stand a chance against ginger. Of the 29 plant species evaluated in a carleton university study, ginger won the prize for having the extract most effective at killing fungus.
Key takeaway: for a powerful antifungal punch, mix several drops of pure ginger essential oil with tea tree oil with one teaspoon of coconut oil, and apply up to three times a day.
7. Ulcers and gerd
Since the 1980s, researchers have known that ginger can cure stomach ulcers. More recently, indian scientists have been able to more closely quantify this medicinal effect. In a study published in the journal molecular nutrition and food research, they discovered the ginger was six to eight times more potent than prevacid, the drug of choice to treat gerd!
Ginger is known for its anti-pain property. Very similar to how capsaicin works to relieve pain, gingerol acts on vanilloid receptors, which are located on sensory nerve endings. Similar to the initial intense burning feel you get when you consume spicy pepper, ginger’s burn only lasts but a second, and researchers discovered that it “affects the pain pathways directly but also relieves the inflammation, which in itself causes pain.”
Working with mice without immune systems, university of minnesota scientists discovered that three weekly feedings of -gingerol delayed the growth of colorectal cancer cells. University of michigan researchers confirmed these results with ovarian cancer. In fact, they found that “ginger treatment of cultured ovarian cancer cells induced profound growth inhibition in all cell lines tested.”
Key takeaway: the executive director of the herbal medicine research and education centre, basil roufogalis, advised that, “the most likely way to administer ginger as a painkiller would be in the form of a tea taken several times a day, but more work needs to be done on the amount of ginger powder needed per dose to take effect, and the time required between doses.” for most people, taking 1,000 milligrams of powdered ginger root is effective — or two drops two times daily of ginger essential oil.
Gingerols are widely known to naturally improve diabetes and enhance insulin sensitivity. Building off this knowledge, a 2006 study out of the journal of agricultural and food chemistry discovered that they could also suppress sorbitol accumulation in human blood cells and sugar-fed rats. Simply put, ginger not only helps prevent and reverse diabetes itself — it protects against and improves diabetic complications like diabetic retinopathy!
In many cases; divorce and separation leads not only to bad blood between the parents, but also in a child alienating himself from one parent. Insulting or belittling one parent without justification or under pressure from the other parent is known as parental alienation syndrome. Parental alienation involves one parent undermining the other and interfering with the child’s relationship with the other parent by limiting contact with them, bad mouthing them, forbidding discussion about them etc. This can have a very negative effect on the child’s emotional state.
1. Self hatred: For children, hatred is not inborn, but developed by the situations they are in. By bad mouthing a parent and teaching the child to hate the parent, the child himself is harmed. With time, he begins to internalize this hatred and believe that there is something wrong with him that made the alienated parent not want him.
2. Low self esteem: When a child is not allowed to speak his mind and has to bottle up his thoughts, he becomes socially withdrawn. Often the child begins to feel that he is the cause for the rift in the family and makes himself responsible for the separation. This intensifies with time and makes the child lose confidence in himself leading to low self esteem.
3. Lack of trust: When a child is suddenly pulled away from one parent and told how that parent is not a ‘good person’ the child is likely to feel betrayed. This creates a sense of doubt in the child’s mind and makes it difficult for him to trust other people. As he grows up, this can affect his own adult relationships as well.
4. Depression: Depression is a commonly seen in children from broken homes and this is intensified in cases of parental alienation. It is rooted in the child’s feeling unloved by either one of the parents and built up by the separation. Not being given a chance to speak about their feelings or talk about the situation makes them more depressed and they begin to withdraw into themselves. In many cases, it is noted that alienated children have strained relationships with their own children as well.
5. Substance abuse: Depression is one of the most common triggers for substance abuse. Alienated children often feels trapped and that they have no outlet to vent their feelings and frustrations. This often makes them turn towards drugs for relief and can make them victims of substance abuse.
Cervical cancer occurs in the cervical cells which are present in the lower part of the uterus. It is usually caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) which is transmitted sexually. However, in some cases, the virus may survive for a few years, causing some cells of the cervix to become cancerous.
Cervical cancer is usually classified into two types:
- Adenocarcinoma: This type of cancer starts in the column shaped glandular cells along the lining of the cervix.
- Squamous cell carcinoma: Most cases of cervical cancer are of this type. Here, the cancer occurs in the flat and thin cells that are present in the outer region of the cervix.
Symptoms: Usually, very few symptoms show up in the initial stages. However, the latter stages tell a different story. The symptoms at an advanced stage are:
- You may experience pain during sexual intercourse
- Foul smelling discharge from the vagina
- Bleeding from the vagina during sexual intercourse
Causes: Cervical cancer develops due to the mutation of healthy cells which makes turns them into malignant (cancerous) cells. The cancerous cells tend to grow at a fast pace, thus accumulating and forming a tumor. The cancerous cells may also spread to the adjoining areas of the body.
There are certain factors which increase your chances of being affected by cervical cancer:
- Too many sexual partners: The chances of cervical cancer increase significantly if you have multiple sexual partners.
- A weak immune system: A weak immune system makes you highly susceptible to cervical cancer.
- Lifestyle factors: Various lifestyle factors such as smoking can increase your risk of cervical cancer.
The treatment for cervical cancer involves the following:
- Chemotherapy: Chemotherapy involves injecting chemicals into the vein to destroy the cancer cells.
- Radiation therapy: Radiation therapy consists of using x-rays to destroy the cancer cells. Radiation therapy may be used alongside chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells.
- Surgery: Hysterectomy is a surgical procedure that is used in the treatment of cervical cancer. It involves removal of the uterus to treat this disorder.
It is a dream of everyone to be the owner of healthy, glowing and radiant skin. While good skin is difficult to achieve, indeed; but it is nevertheless, not impossible.
Healthy diet as well as a little exercise regularly is really under rated when it comes to taking care of skin and so is a good skin care regimen.
There are four Golden Rules for healthy skin care regimen. If you follow this regimen religiously and regularly, you would see noticeable difference in your skin within a few months. There is after all, no shortcut to getting beautiful skin. The four Golden Rules are as follows:
Your First Golden Rule for getting radiant skin is,
Keeping your skin squeaky clean would ensure that there are no impurities that can cause skin problems like premature aging, acne, blemishes as well as pimples.
It is also important to use the right kind of products for cleansing your skin.
Using soap with harsh alkalies would cause your skin to dry and aggravate the appearance of wrinkles.
Use mild facial cleansers depending on your particular skin type and be very gentle while cleansing your face.
Make sure you cleanse your skin at least once, at the day end and ideally twice a day.
The Second Golden Rule, after cleansing is,
Cleansing your skin opens the pores on your face which are then closed with the help of toning. Toning also helps in cleansing leftover dirt, if any.
Toning regularly with the right kind of product would minimize open pores and would also greatly reduce appearance of acne and pimples.
The Third Golden Rule and possibly the most Vital Rule for getting healthy skin is,
Regardless of the type of skin you have, providing moisture to your skin is like feeding it. It is a mistake if you think that oily skin does not need moisture.
Oil and moisture are different and there are non greasy moisturizers that are ideal for oily skin types.
Moisturizing dry skin is even more necessary, if you want to delay the appearance of wrinkles.
The Fourth Golden Rule is,
It is not a regular skin care routine but nevertheless equally important.
You should scrub your face at least twice a week to get rid of the dead cells.
Scrubbing is also essential for getting rid of the ugly blackheads and the whiteheads.
Just make sure you are gentle while scrubbing to avoid making your skin raw
The Disguise stays on during the early years
#Blessings as you grow #Older
But as you grow older you begin to thank your #oily #skin. The reason is that people with #oily #skin are blessed in the way that #wrinkles appear faster on #dry #skin than on #oily #skin. People with #oily skin can enjoy a young looking #skin for a longer time and it is indeed something most people would choose over not having to suffer from #pimples and #acne.
There are some common negligence or mistakes that people with #oily skin unknowingly make though, that only aggravate the problem. Make sure you avoid them to keep your #oily #skin problem at bay. The three common negligence or mistakes that you can make are as discussed below.
1. Washing #Face Frequently
The very first mistake that you make is washing your #face with water frequently. It would of course wash away the #shine, but it would also make your #oil #glands over active and there would be even more secretion of #oil than before.
Advice / Suggestions
a.Wash your #face with cold water but keep it to two to three times daily.
b.Use a soft wet tissue instead to remove the #oil and the #dirt, if you have to. Just make sure you do not put pressure or rub the tissue on your face.
Be very gentle so as not to irritate the oil glands in secreting more oil.
2. Avoiding #Moisturizing the #Skin
The second biggest mistake you can commit is not #moisturizing your #oily #skin. The #oil #glands in your #face are working overtime does not mean that your #facial #skin is #moisturized. Oily #skin and #moisturized are not same.
Advice / Suggestions
There are many gel based natural products available in the market, which are ideal for #moisturizing #oily #skin. Your #oily #skin needs #moisturizers as much as #dry #skin and hence give it what it needs.
3. #Oily Food
The third mistake that you should absolutely avoid is, if you have an oily skin is to eat oily food. As if you need more oil in your system!
Advice / Suggestions
a.Drink lots of water to keep your system clean
b.Avoid oily food as much as possible.
c.Eating fruits are great way to keep your oil under control as well.
Come monsoons and most women complain of #frizzy #hair. Well when there is a problem, there is also a solution available for it. If you too are bothered with frizzy hair, try the below mentioned hair care tips to make your hair soft and manageable.
1.Honey & Olive Oil
a.Mix equal portions of honey and olive oil and apply the same to your hair.
b.Cover your hair with a hot towel or a shower cap.
c.Keep in on for an hour and wash it off with a mild #shampoo.
Results: Honey will make your hair softer and also a lot smoother while olive oil will nourish your hair. Get lively and voluminous hair.
Bothered with #damaged and #dry hair?
No botheration any more if you can manage to get some mayonnaise from the market. Mayonnaise is known to make your hair #soft, and #shiny yet #strong hair. While the moisture and #protein treatments for your hair at a good salon can be rather expensive, you can still get the soft and manageable hair by treating your hair at home with some key kitchen ingredients without burning a hole in the pocket.
2.Eggs / Vinegar & Oil.
a.Mayonnaise can be made with eggs, vinegar and oil.
b.Use Vinegar to give bounce and volume to hair.
c.Apply a coat of mayonnaise all over your hair.
d.Wear a shower cap over to prevent the cream from tripping from your hair.
e.Leave it on for an hour.
f.Use a mild shampoo to rinse your hair.
You can treat your hair with this homemade mayonnaise cream once a week.
While the oil and the eggs moisturize dry hair, eggs and mayonnaise, make a nourishing and rich protein treatment cream.
The resultant outcome would be much #smoother, #shinier and of course much healthier.
Are you fond of #silky hair?
Say hello to Avocado mask.
3.Honey / Olive Oil & a Pitted Avocado.
a.Make a smoothie out of honey, olive oil and a pitted avocado.
b.The amount of these ingredients would depend on the length of your hair.
c.Apply the #smoothie on your hair and leave it on for half an hour.
d.Rinse it off and shampoo your hair.
The result is super silky hair in an instance.
Are you interested in getting #Soft and #Mushy Style Hair?
4.Banana / Milk / Honey / Olive Oil & Egg.
a.Always choose the banana.
b.Mash a banana, mix it with milk, honey, olive oil and an egg.
c.Apply on hair and wash it off after 30 minutes.
Results : Get silk smooth hair.
Like everything else in your body, your hair needs food too. And you are much mistaken if you think that the only food for your #hair is #oil. The food you eat everyday has a lot of effect on the #health of your #hair too like every other part of your body. There are food items that can destroy the #health of your #hair, like too much #spicy or #oily #food, and then there are items of food that would make your #hair #shine with #health. Taking such food items regularly, while also maintaining good #hair care regimen would surely attract envious glances to your #crowning #glory from everyone.
Important Ingredients that make the hair healthy are:
3.#Omega-3 #fatty #acids
If you are wondering which food items contains these important ingredients, given below is a list of
#7 #Top #Food Items that Reveals the #Secret of #Healthy #Hair:
1)#Salmon – This cold water delicious fish is the food item hair experts swear by. Rich in #Omega-3 #fatty #acids, salmon would keep your #scalp #healthy, thus leading to #shiny and strong #hair #shafts.
2)#Eggs – A source of #Protein, #Zinc and #Iron, eggs are the simplest food item you can think of to keep your #hair #healthy. Regardless of how you take your eggs, it would always lead to keeping your #hair #healthy.
3)#Walnuts – This is one more food item that is rich in #Omega-3 #fatty #acids along with a generous amount of #biotin, another ingredient for #healthy #hair growth and #Vitamin-E.
4)#Sweet #Potatoes – Suffering from #Dandruff that causes #hair #fall?
Take sweet potatoes regularly and it would keep your #scalp free of the #itchy, #flaky #dandruff. This in turn would lead to a #healthy #hair #growth.
5)#Oysters – #Oysters are not only rich in #Protein but also #Zinc, an ingredient that is absolutely essential for #hair #growth. Lack of #zinc can lead to #hair #fall and hence taking #oysters can help in preventing #hair #fall.
6)#Lentils – #Lentils in your regular #diet can aid in #healthy #hair #growth since #lentils too are extremely rich in #Protein, #Zinc and #Biotin.
7)#Green #Vegetables – #Green #Vegetables like #Spinach and Broccoli contains #Vitamin C and #Vitamin A that helps in the production of #Sebum. #Sebum keeps the #scalp and the #hair #conditioned. Hence make sure you include #spinach or #broccoli into your #diet
I am suffering from burning sensation and pain over the knees at the lower portion of my thighs. I am 70. I have no other issues. I am taking ayurvedic medicine like guggulu etc without any relief. I presume nerves and muscle tissues are weakened. What is the remedy?
Often when I go out in sun, my face gets tanned vry badly and now I see my skin tone look uneven and also I got white patches. I use sunscreen and moisturizer daily. So I request you to suggest me what should be done?
Hi, I am using a dietary supplement of TARA'S engineered whey protein since 3 month nd also consume protein from nutrition but I found no results of that supplement can you please tell me about that supplement ,I have search youtube also but no views are found.
A lime may be one of the smallest things when you go shopping for fruits and vegetable shopping, but it is one of the richest. The health benefits that a lime carries are just too many, and it packs in too much of goodness. While the vitamin C is what immediately comes to our mind, there is more to it. Read on to know some of the most common benefits of the small, powerful lemon.
- A powerhouse of essential vitamins and minerals: A lime is a source of various vitamins and minerals, including potassium which is essential for heart health, good nerve function, and maintaining blood pressure levels. It also reduces cancer as it contains antioxidants and bioflavonoids.
- Fights infection: We all know lime to be very good at fighting cold and cough. Not just that. It even is useful in more severe infections like cholera and E.coli infections. As cholera is transmitted by food, adding lime to foods helps prevent this transmission.
- Heart healthy: Lime is rich in antioxidants which keep the arteries healthy and improve blood circulation. They also reduce the buildup of plaque in the walls of the arteries. This also reduces hardening of the arteries, reduces the onset of blood pressure, and improves overall heart health. Including lime peel and lime oil in the diet can provide these benefits.
- Drink to your health: Starting the morning with a glass of lime juice (with some honey added to taste) can be the best way to start the day. It provides energy and boosts you to begin the day like nothing else can.
- Glowing skin and hair: After squeezing out the juice from the lime, rub the lime onto your face and see the skin glowing. If that sounds not feasible, apply lime oil to your face to keep the skin elastic and youthful. Applying lime to the hair is a natural way to keep the hair shiny and black.
- Moving the joints: Uric acid can accumulate in the joints and cause bone pain and discomfort. Citric acid from the lime ensures this uric acid accumulation is reduced, thereby reducing gout and inflammation.
- Weight loss: The citric acid is an excellent fat burner, and drinking two glasses of warm lime water per day can show obvious results in a week’s time.
- Add fragrance to your food: Lemon oil which is made from the peel can be used as a good flavouring agent to many dishes including curries and pickles. While the tanginess is not considerable like using a full lime, it still gives the fragrance and flavour of a lime.
With these benefits, the next time you go vegetable shopping, don’t forget to throw in a couple of lemons.
My wife is 58 years old, non-diabetic and has been suffering from burning/pain while discharging urine since 2 years. Even if she is not going to washroom for discharging urine, she experiences burning/pain. We consulted doctors who say that urinary tract has contracted. Despite treatment for two years, the problem persists particularly in summers when pain is more severe. Please guide us.
What is vaginal dryness and how can it affect you?
Vaginal dryness is often a result of menopause and it is capable of affecting women of any age. Although it feels like a minor irritation, it can have a huge impact on a person's sex life. Normally, the vaginal walls are lubricated with a layer of clear fluid. The 'oestrogen' hormone is used to maintain this thin layer of fluid, thus keeping the vaginal lining thick, elastic and healthy. However, menopause brings about a condition known as vaginal atrophy, which is a drop in the levels of oestrogen and this greatly reduces the level of vaginal moisture that is available. Improper lubrication of the vagina can result in painful sex which in turn affects libido, arousal and desire.
Treatment: The most common treatment for this condition resulting from low levels of oestrogen is Topical oestrogen therapy. In this, hormones which are no longer secreted by the body are replaced by the topical oestrogen. Even though Topical Oestrogen Therapy is helpful in relieving the symptoms of vaginal dryness, the treatment pales in comparison to oral oestrogen hormone therapy (HT).
Usually, women mostly use one of the three types of vaginal oestrogen listed below:
- Vaginal oestrogen tablet: A tablet is inserted into the vagina using a disposable applicator. The procedure is carried out once daily during the initial two weeks of treatment, after which it can be inserted twice a week.
- Vaginal oestrogen ring: A soft and flexible ring is inserted inside the vagina, either by the patient or the doctor. Oestrogen, in the form of a steady stream, is then released directly to the vaginal tissues by this ring. Replacement of this ring is done every three months.
- Vaginal oestrogen cream: An applicator is used to apply cream to the vagina daily. The frequency of application can be reduced as per doctor's advice.
Side effects and aftercare: Side effects such as breast pain and vaginal bleeding are common when any form of oestrogen product is used. Vaginal moisturisers should be used to keep the vagina lubricated. Use of water-based lubricants during sex can make it more enjoyable. Use of bubble baths, scented soaps, douches and lotions around the sensitive area of the vagina should be avoided as these products can worsen the problem.