Critical Care Procedures
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Quit Smoking Techniques
Psychotherapy For Couples
Manual Therapy Treatment
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Anger Management Therapy
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Psychoanalysis for Mourning
Submit a review for Dr. Usman Khan ClinicYour feedback matters!
Good health is indeed the key to success. If you were of the idea, that health is a biological factor that you are born with and that can be altered or rectified with the advice of a medical practitioner, you are extremely mistaken. To some extent, the quality of your health is in your hands. Physical health goes hand in hand with your psychological health. Like doctors say, a person might be facing some very serious disease, but being mentally strong can help him or her overcome difficulties. Your day-to-day attitude in life is also of great consequence; it decides your overall health when recorded for a year or more.
Effects of positive thoughts on a person's health:
- Worry less: Fretting is the worst way of coping in life. Each and every individual has issues gnawing at their existence. The best way to deal with problems is to face them with a calm and logical mind. Being anxious over a certain occurrence doesn't help you get anywhere in life. People who worry less have a longer and healthier life.
- Once you forgive, you naturally move on: Holding on to grudges is an utterly depressing way to carry on with the course of life. Unless you forgive, you are stuck at one single point. This holds you back from achieving to the best of your abilities. Forgiveness doesn't let the other person win; it only helps you live without emotional baggage.
- Learn to be resilient in times of stress: Thinking yourself as weak is an easy way to let hurdles take control of you. You should be of a strong disposition. Whatever the situation is, a person should take it in stride and consider it as a passing phase. Keep reminding yourself you will be back on your feet in no time at all. Being mentally weak can lead to nervous breakdowns.
- Creativity can help you sleep over remorse: Fear, anger, hatred or remorse are emotions that bog you down. Every human being should try and channelize their energies into something useful. Thinking creatively is beneficial for oneself.
- Never say 'impossible': Giving up on your dreams shows you in poor light. Treating a goal as impossible even before attempting to attain it can be very bad for your health. It can result in chronic nervousness.
Stammering or stuttering is a type of speech impairment where sounds or syllables are repeated involuntarily or there are unintended gaps in between words when the person is unable to make the desired sound.
People develop stutters due to genetic flaws, motor functioning defects, coordination problems or due to psychological stressors. The condition can result in anxiety, depression and withdrawal from verbal communication.
How does homeopathy help?
A stutter can be practiced away or corrected by speech therapy but there is no specific medicine that can be used to cure stammering. Homeopathic medicines can provide relief from the symptoms by fixing flawed nervous functions, improve motor coordination and modify the vocal apparatus. Different homeopathic treatments can be used depending on the nature of the condition.
The following is a list of homeopathic remedies and lifestyle changes that can be used to address the problem:
- Foods rich in vitamin B6 like nuts, fish, bananas and chicken should be consumed regularly by children who have a stutter to help with motor functions.
- Adults should avoid caffeine, tobacco and other recreational drugs as they cause hyper-stimulation of the nervous system.
- Stramonium (jimsonweed) can be used when the stammering is violent and the person distorts the facial muscles heavily in order to be able to speak.
- Lychopodium (clubmoss) can be useful for stammering as well as depression, memory weakness and sleep problems. This is especially helpful if the patient struggles with the last few words of a sentence.
- Spigelia is beneficial for a mild stutter at the beginning of a sentence, often followed by undisturbed speech.
- Causticum is prescribed when emotional excitability causes stammering, twitching of the facial muscles or problems in the vocal chords.
- Staphysagria can aid in reducing social anxiety which often causes stammering i.e. the stammer only happens while interacting with strangers or authority figures.
- Nux vomica (strychnine) is the medicine to use when stammering is a result of extreme stress or over work.
- Fright or shock often causes speechlessness or stammering. Aconite can provide immediate relief in such cases.
- Lachesis is an effective homeopathic medicine when the patient stutters over specific letters or syllables.
- Gelsemium is used to treat stuttering after severe viral infections when the patient complains of a heavy tongue and lack of general coordination.
I lost somebody close last Year and since then fell very Depressed and prefer keeping to Myself all the time. Please help me.
I am 23 and I work as teacher. Normally I travel about half an hour on school van at morning and afternoon and everything was quite normal. I never had any issues with travelling. But about a week back I have started working out in mornings before I go school so as to stay healthy. I have 1 cup milk and light breakfast regularly. And I feel I have fair amount of water as well. But since a week I feel totally exhausted ,my head goes round and round, I am kind of suffocated and all sweaty at bus and by the time I reach back home I have no strength left n all I do is crash on my bed under the fan and fall asleep. When I wake up everything is again back to normal. Why is this happening to me. Please help.
Do you have a permanent cure for Parkinson's disease ?What is the cost of treatment? Also please inform the duration and type of treatment.
Business world has evolved in the past few decades in such a manner where small businesses grow to become corporate. The world is increasingly being dominated by corporations and a significant number of people also work in these places.
Stress and The Corporate World:
One of the things that come along with the corporate environment is stress as it brings with it an entirely new lifestyle. Irregular food habits, odd shift durations, insufficient sleeping hours and extremely tough work situations are all part and parcel of this corporate world. Although highly rewarding in the path of materialistic pursuits, it squeezes out your life-force and pushes you to stress and other diseases such as:
Acidity and other gastrointestinal problems just to mention a few.
Methods to Deal with Stress in the Corporate World:
In the corporate world, the level of stress proliferates quickly and very few workplaces actually harbor a healthy atmosphere to look after their employees. Thus you have to take steps to reduce stress by yourself. Here are some of the ways by which you can save yourself from the parasite of stress.
You may often feel everything around you going haywire in your workplace. The next time you have this notion, try gathering your focus on everything that is going right instead. Let optimism fill your day and keep your cool knowing that losing it will only cause you harm.
At work, when hours fall short for achieving your target, keep a To-Do list to manage your priorities in an efficient and organized way.
For most people work seems to engulf their entire life. Do not allow this to happen at any cost. Maintain a healthy balance between your office and your personal commitments. Make time for the people you love.
Take short breaks in between your work to rejuvenate your energy level.
Try out methods of relaxation, for instance a long walk, a hot bath, yoga or meditation.
Assess your work at the end of the day as well as set a schedule plan for the tasks to be completed on the following day.
Engage in hobbies like drawing, painting, dancing and gardening or music to disconnect from the pressures of the corporate world.
Pay a visit to a psychologist or a stress management workshop to de-stress yourself.
I have anxiety. Some time I feel very fear. Sometimes my whole days get bored due to thinking. Due to that I feel palpitations and worry about attack.
I have anxiety problem ,panic problem .I feel stressed in crowd situations. Can these problem be completely removed through medicines? How long at least I should take medicine to completely remove my problem.
I have no friends. I also can not talk with others. I mean I can not understand what to talk with others. I feel very hesitation while talking. I can not figure out what I will talk with others. I am very depressed for that. Is it some kind of disease? What is the solution?
My mom like cleanliness. She cleans the floor daily in morning and night, 2 times each. She holds any thing that is brought in house 2 feet apart and first washes it. She have laid out some rules at home, like bathing and then going to bedroom by cleaning the feet and not to go on the bed except the night time. She also feels a bit aggressive (chidchida). She also feels that she is right every time and don't let me to talk what is right.
I lost somebody closed last year since then I am feeling depression. So what am I do? Please help me.
I have given some information about epilepsy for general population.
I hope it will create more awareness in general population about debilitating condition.
I have a complaints of depression 2 episodes at interval of 8 years. 1st episode I am came out. Now I was ones again depression since 2 years. I am now get anxiety. I am mania. Irrelevant talking in anywhere on road, hospital, home, etc. And also get my Blood Pressure was rising recently. I am taking Amlovas 5 mg along with antidepressant medicines. I went to Psychiatrist recently, He starts treatment But results was not there. I took medicines action start ,symptom subsides but medicines either stop or action was over symptom regain appears simultaneously .So Doctor what you will be suggest for treatment to get rid of my Problems and later hopefully I live happy life in future? Reply immediately from this query.
When you smoke, you not only harm yourself, but also the people around you. Your lungs aren’t the only organs affected by tobacco; smoking has lasting effects on the mouth, nasal cavity, stomach, pancreas, kidney, liver, rectum etc. Smoking affects you physical and mental health, and can easily become an addiction.
Smoking increases a person’s risk of suffering from many types of cancer including oral cancer, stomach cancer, lung cancer etc, as well as the chance of having a stroke or cardiovascular disease. It can also cause diseases like Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease and Emphysema. Smoking speeds up the ageing process, and triggers the formation of wrinkles. It can also cause cavities, gum disease and suppress appetite. Heavy smokers often have difficulties with their sexual functioning by having difficulty reaching an orgasm, and can even be infertile. Men may have difficulty maintaining an erection, while women who smoke are more likely to suffer from complications during pregnancy. Decreased bone density and weakened eyesight are some of the other long-term effects of smoking.
When it comes to quitting smoking, there is no one technique that can work for everyone. Smoking is an addiction that becomes a part of your normal routine, and hence, quitting cigarettes can be very difficult for many people. To successfully quit smoking, one must address both the addiction, and the habits that accompany it.
The first step to quitting smoking is to set a date for when you will have your last cigarette. Inform your friends and family about your decision, especially those who you used to smoke with and ask for their support. If you feel you may be tempted to smoke around certain people, it may be a good idea to avoid them for a while.
Given that smoking is a habit, it is natural to crave nicotine. You may experience withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, frustration, restlessness, insomnia, fatigue, constipation headaches and a reduced attention span. To cope with these effects, remind yourself why you quit in the first place. Find ways to distract yourself and reward yourself from time to time for not giving in to nicotine cravings.
To cope with nicotine withdrawal symptoms, you may want to try cigarettes substitutes like nicotine gums or nicotine patches that deliver small doses of nicotine at regular intervals without the tar and other chemicals found in cigarettes. E-cigarettes, although popular these days, are not a safe alternative to smoking. Alternative therapies such as hypnosis and acupuncture can also help quit smoking. Consult your Psychiatrist, and be in regular follow up with him/her to stay clean and healthy.