Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr Otiv ClinicYour feedback matters!
Toe Walking: What You Need to Know
Some children walk on their toes rather than their feet. This looks similar to standing on your “tiptoes.”
- Toe walking is common among infants first learning to walk.
- A majority of children will stop toe walking on their own without intervention.
- Physical therapy, bracing and casting are used to treat toe walking, with surgical procedures available if these methods are unsuccessful.
What is toe walking?
Toe walking is when a child walks on the toes or ball of the foot without the heel or other parts of the foot coming in contact with the floor. Sometimes there is an underlying condition that can cause a child to walk on the toes, but other times there is not.
What are the symptoms of toe walking?
Children who persistently toe walk may develop tightness in their ankles and benefit from treatments that stretch the calf muscle.
Toe Walking Diagnosis
A physical exam is usually all that is needed to diagnose toe walking, but during the exam, the provider will also assess the child’s gait, range of motion and muscle tone.
Children should also be assessed for any neurologic abnormalities that could be contributing to the toe walking. Sometimes a child can be found to have a muscle tone imbalance or neurological finding that prompts further evaluation for an underlying cause of the toe walking. But if there are no abnormal findings, the child likely has idiopathic toe walking, meaning there is no found reason for the toe walking other than that he or she has a preference to do so.
Toe Walking Treatment
1. Physical Therapy
Several sessions to work on stretching the tight muscles may be beneficial to decrease the amount of toe walking. Children will also benefit from completing stretching exercises at home.
Some children may benefit from an ankle-foot orthosis (AFO) to help encourage a flat foot with walking. The AFO is a custom brace used during the daytime to help stretch and encourage a flat foot position. If worn at night, the AFO can help stretch the tight muscles while a child is sleeping.
3. Serial Casting
Short leg casts can be applied for one- to two-week intervals to progressively work on stretching the tight muscles and improving the position of the foot and ankle. Children are able to walk in these casts. The addition of Botox injections to help stretch the tight muscles in casts may be more effective in some children.
4. Achilles Tendon or Gastrocnemius Lengthening
When physical therapy and serial casting are ineffective in correcting the tight ankle, a surgery may be necessary to achieve a flat foot position with walking. A lengthening is a surgical procedure in which the tight Achilles tendon or gastrocnemius muscle is lengthened to allow greater range of motion and function of the foot and ankle. The lengthening also allows children to better tolerate AFOs and achieve a flat foot position with walking.
General guidelines for peanut allergy
The key to an allergy-free diet is to avoid all foods or products containing the food to which you are allergic. If you are allergic to peanuts, you will need to avoid peanuts and foods that contain peanuts. It is necessary to read all food labels.
How to read a label for a peanut-free diet:
In addition to peanuts, avoid foods that contain any of the following ingredients:
Artificial nuts (Nu-Nuts)
Foods that may contain peanuts
These foods may also contain peanuts:
African, Chinese, Mexican, Thai, and other ethnic dishes
Chili, spaghetti sauce
Flavoring (natural and artificial)
Hydrolyzed plant protein
Hydrolyzed vegetable protein
Ice creams, frozen yogurts, Tofutti
Other sources of peanuts
These food sources may also contain peanuts:
Studies show that most people with allergies can safely eat foods containing peanut oil—except peanut oil that is cold-pressed, expressed, or expelled.
Ethnic foods, commercially prepared baked goods, and candy can be cross-contaminated with peanuts since peanuts are often used in these types of foods.
Peanut butter and/or peanut flour have been used in homemade chili and spaghetti sauce as thickeners.
Hydrolyzed plant and vegetable protein may be from peanuts in imported foods.
One of the side-effects of monsoon, besides waterlogging, is the health hazard the rain brings with it - cases of vector-borne, fungal, allergies and parasitic infections. The worse hits are the children, who are susceptible to viral and skin infections after getting wet.
We should avoid getting drenched and should always carry an umbrella. Even when we are drenched, we must immediately follow preventive measures because if left untreated, it can leave permanent scars on the skin. In case of a skin infection, use an anti-fungal powder to avoid any further infection. Always keep your skin dry. Don't wear wet clothes. Also, wet shoes should be changed instantly. These small precautions go a long way in having a healthy and infection-free skin.
अश्लील फिल्म देखने के हैं बहुत सारे नुकसान जो आप नहीं जानते!
ऐसे बहुत सारे लोग हैं जो अंतरंग संबंधों का आनंद पोर्न देखने के बाद लेते हैं हालांकि सरकार ने 850 से अधिक पोर्न साइट बैन करने की बात कही है। सोशल मीडिया में पोर्न साइट बंद करने की बात वायरल हो रही हैं हालांकि इस बारे में लोगों की अपनी-अपनी राय है। वैसे अब तो पोर्न देखना आम सी बात हो गई है लेकिन आज भी लोगों के मन में यह सवाल उठता है कि पोर्न देखना बुरा हैं या अच्छा। शायद लोगों को इस बात की जानकारी नहीं कि बहुत ज्यादा पोर्न देखने से आपकी सेक्स लाइफ और सेहत दोनों प्रभावित हो सकती हैं।
कई रिसर्च कहती हैं कि पोर्न देखने के फायदे हैं तो कई रिसर्च इसके बुरे प्रभावों के बारे में बताती हैं। साथ ही एक सवाल और भी उठता है कि क्या पोर्न देखने से सेक्स क्षमता कम होती है। कई लोगों के लिए तो यह एक हानिरहित व्याकुलता है।
वैसे आज हम आपको पोर्न देखने से लाइफ पर होने वाले बुरे असर के बारे में बताएंगेः
1. दिमाग का सिकुड़ना
एक रिसर्च के अनुसार, जो मर्द बहुत ज्यादा पोर्नोग्राफी देखते हैं उनका दिमाग सिकुड़ जाता है और उनकी सैक्सुयल संवेदनाएं भी कम हो जाती है। रिसर्च में तो यह भी दिखाया गया है कि रोजाना पोर्न देखने से शारीरिक नुकसान भी होता है हालांकि यह बात पूरी तरह से साबित नहीं हो पाई है लेकिन जिन लोगों के दिमाग का स्ट्रेटम छोटा होता है उन्हें पोर्न देखने का नुकसान अधिक होता है।
पॉर्न मॉडल्स का कमाल का फिगर और सुंदरता काफी हद तक मेकअप, कॉस्मेटिक सर्जरी और फोटोशॉप वगैरह पर निर्भर रहते हैं। लेकिन पॉर्न देखने वाले भी निजी जिंदगी में वोही पाना और करना चाहते हैं जो वे पोर्न में देखते हैं, जिस कारण उन्हें सेक्स में सैटिस्फेक्शन नहीं होती। वह अपने पार्टनर से खुश नहीं रहते। उनके दिल दिमाग में यह बात आती है कि उनका पार्टनर उतना सुंदर और आकर्षक नहीं है।
3. कामोत्तेजना पर बुरा असर पड़ता है
अगर तो दोनों पार्टनर बैठकर एक साथ पोर्न देखते हैं तो इस मामले में यह सैक्स का आनंद लेने का एक तरीका हो सकता है लेकिन अगर दोनों में एक पोर्न देखने में बिजी है तो यह संबंध एक त्रिकोण का काम करता है। बहुत सारी महिलाओं का मानना है कि कामोत्तेजना के लिए पोर्न फिल्म का सहार लेने से कामोत्तेजना पर असर पड़ता है।
4. ऑक्सीटोसिन 'लव हार्मोन' में कमी
ऑक्सीटोसिन एक शक्तिशाली 'लव हार्मोन' है जो पुरुष और महिलाओं दोनों को बंधन में बांधने में मदद करता है लेकिन पोर्न फिल्मों में जिस तरह से एक्टर सेक्स करने में अपने किरदार को निभाते हैं। उस निकटतम बंधन से ऑक्सीटोसिन कही खो जाता है।
5. ठीक से नहीं करते फोरप्ले
चुंबन सेक्स का एक अहम हिस्सा है, जिसमें जोड़े काफी मजा लेते हैं। यह बहुत ही अच्छा और करीबी अहसास होता है लेकिन देखा गया है कि पोर्न की लत वाले लोग किस और फोरप्ले ठीक से नहीं कर पाते हैं।
6. संबंधों में जल्दबाजी
पोर्न उत्तेजित व्यक्ति के लिए किस एक बहुत ही धीमी गति से और बहुत अंतरंग होता है इसलिए वह इनसे जुड़ने की बजाए अपना ध्यान अलग-अलग तरह की यौन स्थितियों को जल्दी-जल्दी करने के लिए केंद्रित करता है। इस व्यवहार से आप में अपने साथी के प्रति अलगाव की भावना पैदा कर सकता है।
7. दिमाग के विकास पर प्रभाव
न्यूरोसाइंटिस्ट की मानें तो बहुत ज्यादा पोर्न देखने से दिमाग के विकास पर प्रभाव पड़ता है और इससे मनोविकार भी हो सकता है। अगर आप ऐसे व्यक्ति के साथ रिश्ते में हो तो आपको अंतरंगता के लिए नुकसान का सामना करना पड़ सकता है।
गर्भावस्था के शुरुआती लक्षण
अगर आपने अभी हाल हीं में बिना गर्भनिरोधक या बिना कन्डोम के सम्भोग किया है, तो आप गर्भवती हो सकती हैं. आपमें आने वाले कुछ बदलाव आपको यह बता देंगे कि गर्भ ठहरा है या नहीं. अगर आप अपनी इच्छा से गर्भवती हुई हैं, तो यह आपके लिए एक अच्छी खबर है. गर्भवती होने पर एक स्त्री के शरीर, मन और Mood में कई बदलाव आने लगते हैं. तो आइए जानते हैं क्या हैं, गर्भवती होने के लक्षण.
वैसे Period असमान्य अवस्था में भी बंद हो सकता है. लेकिन अगर आप पूरी तरह स्वस्थ्य हैं और आपका मासिक स्राव बंद हो गया है, तो यह आपके गर्भवती होने का एक लक्षण है.
- कुछ स्त्रियाँ जब गर्भवती हो जाती है, तो उनके स्तनों से दूध का रिसाव शुरू हो जाता है. स्तनों से दूध का रिसाव होना भी गर्भ ठहरने का एक लक्षण है. स्तन भारी हो जाते हैं, और साथ हीं थोड़े बड़े भी हो जाते हैं.
- गर्भ ठहरने पर निपल्स चौड़े और थोड़े बड़े हो जाते हैं. और स्तन भी बड़े होने लगते हैं. निपल्स का रंग गाढ़ा होने लगता है. स्तनों में सूजन महसूस होने लगता है, उन्हें हल्का सा भी दबाने पर दर्द होने लगता है.
- गर्भधारण करने के बाद गर्भावस्था के शुरूआती 3 महीनों में सेक्स करने की इच्छा बढ़ जाती है. इस दौरान सेक्स किया जा सकता है, लेकिन कुछ सावधानियों के साथ.
- खट्टे या चकदार चीजें खाने की बहुत ज्यादा इच्छा होना. हमेशा कुछ न कुछ खाने की इच्छा होना.
- गर्भवस्था के पहले तीन महीने में बार-बार पेशाब जाना भी, गर्भ ठहरने का एक लक्षण है.
- थोड़ा-बहुत काम करने पर भी बहुत ज्यादा थकान, या ज्यादा अनावश्यक चिड़चिड़ापन आना भी गर्भावस्था में एक सामान्य बात है.
- खानपान में बिना किसी बड़े बदलाव के उल्टी या बदहजमी होना भी गर्भ ठहरने का एक लक्षण है.
- गर्भाशय में ऐथन और पेट में उसी प्रकार की पीड़ा जैसा Periods के दौरान होता है. दर्द तो ठीक है, लेकिन योनी से अगर खून आए तो आपको डॉक्टर से जरुर मिलना चाहिए.
- Period में ज्यादा रक्त आना भी गर्भवती होने का लक्षण है.गर्भवस्था में आपको विशेष सावधानी बरतनी चाहिए. और कुछ खास चीजों का पालन करना चाहिए. और इस बात कि पूरी जानकारी जुटानी चाहिए कि आपके खानपान से लेकर आपके विचारों तक का आपने होने वाले बच्चे पर कैसा प्रभाव पड़ेगा.
Pcos: here is all that you must know about it!
Polycystic ovary syndrome (pcos) is a common hormonal disorder amongst women in their reproductive age. The symptoms of pcos being seemingly unrelated to each other, are often overlooked and remain undiagnosed. It is commonly termed as pcod (polycystic ovary disease) in which the there is an imbalance in the women’s hormones. As the name suggests, multiple cysts are formed in the ovaries that are pearl-sized (2-4mm), fluid filled and may contain immature eggs.
Whom does it most commonly affect?
Pcos most commonly affects women of reproductive age (14-45 years of age). In ceratin cases, pre-pubertal girls may also be affected by pcos.
What are the common symptoms of pcos?
Pcos, being a syndrome, is defined by a collection of signs and symptoms. The symptoms may vary from one individual to another. In case you observe two or more than two of these symptoms, make sure you undergo a thorough medical examination. Common symptoms are:
- Irregular scanty or missing menstrual periods
- Infertility such as ovulation dysfunction
- Excess or unwanted body or facial hair on the body
- Thinning hair on the scalp
- Weight problems, often leading to weight gain around the waist
- Skin problems such as skin bags, darkening of skin and acne
What causes pcos in women?
The exact cause of pcos is still not known, however, there are hypothesis suggesting a few of the common causes such as;
- High level of insulin
- Increased production of androgens
- Family history
- Environmental pollution and radiations
How can pcos be diagnosed?
Pcos symptoms affect more than 20% of the indian women and still remain undiagnosed at times. For an effective diagnosis, you may report of,
- Irregular periods in the past
- Tests revealing high levels of specific hormones
- Ultrasound showing polycystic pattern of the ovary
What are the possible complications of pcos?
Commonly reported complications of pcos include:
- Heart and blood vessel problems
- Sleep apnea
- Uterine cancer
- Heart diseases
How can pcos be managed?
Once diagnosed, the treatment of pcos may differ from an individual to another. However, a few tips to manage/ prevent pcos are:
- Exercise regularly. Include activities such as aerobics, sports and brisk walk to your daily routine.
- Eat healthy. Include foods that are low in refined carbohydrates as it helps to regulate blood sugar levels. Also add foods rich in antioxidants, green vegetables super grain and fruits to your daily diet
- Avoid excess of junk foods, spicy and oily foods and sugary diets.
- In case you smoke, it is best recommended to quit smoking.
- Avoid stimulants. Beverages such as coffee, that act as a rich source of stimulating compounds, have been found to increase insulin production.
- Keep stress away. Combat this depression by engaging yourself in activities such as opting for bubble bath, watching an old favorite movie, reading a classic or meeting friends who could be good company.
The doctor may prescribe you will relevant medications to treat the complications, in case any.
In vitro fertilization (IVF) is a medical procedure that side-steps the sexual act of conceiving and helps infertile couples, conceive a biological child. It involves the manual process of fertilization by combining an egg and sperm in the laboratory and then implanting the embryo into the female to impregnate her.
The inability to give birth through the natural way is caused due to complications like: blocked fallopian tubes, unexplained infertility, polycystic ovary syndrome or PCOS, endometriosis: where parts of the womb lining grow out of the womb, premature ovarian failure and so on.
If you or your partner is having trouble conceiving, you should opt for in vitro fertilization. It holds benefits like-
1. High success rate: Women who underwent in vitro fertilisation using fresh embryos of their own fresh eggs, the projected live birth percentage was 32.2% for those under 35 years, 27.7% for women aged between 35 and 37 years, lowering to 5.0% in 43 to 44 year olds and 1.9% for ages above 45. It has been proved that a female’s ability to conceive decreases with age. If infertility is detected at a younger age, the process of IVF is highly advantageous and successfully results in childbirth.
2. Proven track record: Technology has come a long way since the first baby via IVF Louise Brown was born in 1978 using a natural IVF. Medical techniques have advanced to create safer and successful treatment. The usage of the safest forms of IVF with low drug regimens today, have prevented side effects such as ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (OHSS).
3. Harvests multiple eggs: If you are planning to have more than one child, via IVF you can freeze multiple eggs for future use. Unused or spare embryos can be donated to medical organisations for research purposes or to another couple willing to have a child.
IVF has proven successful in giving couples a wholesome and happy life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
Are you experiencing problems with your periods because of hormonal imbalance? This condition, known as PCOD and PCOS, or polycystic ovary syndrome, may make it difficult for you to get pregnant, and unwanted changes in your appearance are also indicated. In most cases, women with PCOD develop small cysts in their ovaries. These cysts may not be harmful or cancerous, but they cause hormone imbalance in your body.
The specific causes of PCOD are yet to be determined. In PCOS patients, the ovaries produce excess androgens or male sex hormones, which result in an imbalance in ovulation, acne breakout and development of excess body hair. Your body faces problems using insulin and develops insulin resistance. Genetics are considered to be a key factor that determines a woman’s chance of getting PCOD.
The symptoms of PCOD are mild in the beginning. The most common symptoms are as follows:
Weight and difficulty in weight loss.
Development of excess hair on the face and body, which is not a feminine feature. Thicker and darker facial hair and unusually excessive hair on the belly, chest and back are also indicated in some women.
Thinning of hair on the scalp.
Irregularity with menstrual periods. Commonly, women with PCOD experience less than 9 periods during a year. Some women may have no periods at all, while others experience heavy, abnormal bleeding.
Fertility problems are likely in women with PCOD.
The treatment of PCOD aims at relieving the symptoms and preventing long-term health problems associated with the condition. PCOD can be treated and managed by using the following measures:
You should keep fit and undertake regular exercise and work out. Walking is an ideal exercise which you can opt for.
You should eat heart healthy food which includes vegetables, nuts, fruits, whole grains and beans. Avoid foods which contain saturated fats and these include fried food, meat and cheese.
Losing weight is beneficial for your health if you have PCOD. Losing even a small amount of weight will help in balancing your hormones and regulating your menstrual cycle.
Quit smoking as smoking increases the levels of androgen in your body.
Birth control pills are also prescribed for reducing your symptoms, and fertility medicines are prescribed in case of infertility issues because of PCOD.
It is recommended for you to consult a gynaecologist on experiencing any symptom of PCOD. This will enable early diagnosis so that you can start with the treatment measures before the condition worsens.
- The common misconception that people have is that kidney stones happens only in old age. But in reality, it can happen to anyone.
- Lack of fluid intake is by large a major reason for kidney stones. Adequate care taken to maintain the desired level of water intake can help prevent the formation of stones.
- Our state-of-the-art urology unit offers minimally invasive, scarless options for urologic procedures and medical management of kidney disease.
Sensory processing disorder is an unfortunate neurological condition that affects many people around the world, but there are many home remedies for this disorder that can help ease the symptoms, including cognitive practice, salt therapy, homeopathy, skullcap, increasing melatonin levels, and dietary alterations.
Sensory processing disorder:
Many people confuse sensory processing disorder with other forms of autism spectrum disorder, but in fact, the two are very different. Sensory processing disorder is characterized by the inability to properly interpret and experience sensory information from one’s environment. This issue can often go undiagnosed, and the child is instead considered overly picky, easily agitated, distracted, hard to please or simply “difficult”. The problem, of course, is that this neurological disorder can severely impact learning and behavior, a problem that can last well into their older ages. This can manifest as being overly sensitive to various textures, movement, tactile skills, and movement, or it can affect balance, eating and normal play activities. It is believed that this disorder is caused by genetic and neurological factors, many of which are still being researched.￼
Sensory process disorder comes in three main types – sensory modulation disorder, sensory-based motor disorders and sensory discrimination disorders. The first is defined by the inability of the brain to interpret the duration, frequency or intensity of a sensory input, making children feel anxious and unwilling to engage or experience new sensations or activities. Essentially, these children are either over-responsive or under-responsive to certain stimuli, making it difficult for them to interact or function normally while performing basic daily tasks. The second form of sensory processing disorder manifests as difficulty with posture and motor skills, as a result of sensory input being disorganized or mistranslated by the brain. The final variety happens when sensory information is not processed. This final variety is often evidenced by poor performance in school or a lack of attention when being spoken to.
All of these disorders are often overlooked and ignored as a legitimate neurological issue, but poor sensory information processing can have serious side effects. A number of formal behavioral and cognitive therapies have been suggested and implemented in cases around the world, but there are also home remedies that can improve the symptoms of sensory processing disorder.
7 surprising home remedies for sensory processing disorder
1. Homeopathy: Certain homeopathic remedies for sensory processing disorder have been praised over the years, including belladonna and stramonium. As with most homeopathic remedies, it is important to speak directly to a trained practitioner, particularly with such powerful substances that are meant to sedate and alter neurological function. That being said, anecdotal evidence has shown behavioral and cognitive improvements in children following the use of certain homeopathic remedies.
2. Cognitive practice: neurological disorders may be difficult to diagnose at times, but if your child has been diagnosed with sensory processing disorder, then it is important that you engage in daily practice sessions to improve cognitive function and form neural pathways that allow your child to better operate in the world. From the creation of visual cues and practice materials to real-world applications of social interactions and game-play, it is possible to see positive results if you are consistent in supporting and encouraging new forms of behavior and understanding of their condition.
3. Salt therapy: there is a great deal of natural evidence that salt baths can be highly effective for certain hyperactive conditions and other neurological disorders. Epsom baths are inexpensive and have been trusted around the world for hundreds of years. You can also apply epsom salt topically to the skin, in the form of creams, or through simple foot baths as well. It is believed to impact sensory processing disorder by calming the nerves, promoting restful sleep, and lowering anxiety levels, all of which can be experienced by children suffering from this condition.
4. Dietary alterations: certain foods can negatively affect neurological function and processes, which is why paying attention to one’s diet when suffering from sensory processing disorder can be important. Some people have found that removing all grains from the diet is helpful, particularly in terms of gastrointestinal issues. This is also known as the paleo diet, but before administering it to your child, speak with a doctor to see if that could be a potential option.
5. Skullcap: one of the most popular herbs for the treatment of sensory processing disorder is skullcap, which possesses strong nervine properties that can boost cognitive function and improve the connections of the brain. This can prevent the onset of neurological disorders, making it particularly useful in the treatment of sensory-based motor disorders.
6. Ginseng: ginseng is the ancient chinese remedy that seems to make the list of every natural remedy, and with good reason. Ginseng can positively boost cognition, increase concentration levels, and stimulate the proper function of neurotransmitters. All of these side effects of ginseng can make it a valuable asset as a home remedy for sensory processing disorder.
7. Melatonin boost: Some research has linked low levels of melatonin with sensory processing disorder, meaning that the body doesn’t make enough. While this connection is still being explored, plenty of anecdotal evidence argues that melatonin deficiency leads to the sleeplessness, mental exhaustion and physical fatigue that accompanies spd. For young children, not getting enough sleep can have serious impacts on cognitive ability and neurological function. In other words, add some melatonin-rich foods like pineapples, bananas, oranges, sweetcorn or tomatoes to your child’s diet to prevent or manage spd.
Sexual problems are very common in men and women. There are various reasons because of which sex may not be as pleasing as it can be. The reasons for this could range from the emotional connect that is shared with the person to actual physical issues which stop you from performing. Read on to know the 3 most common sexual problems in males and females.
- Impotence: When the male cannot attain and/or sustain an erection to allow for a good intercourse, it is termed as impotence. This is one of the most common problems, and it could be due to strained relationships, performance anxiety, smoking, diabetes, hormonal problems, etc. Most often, it is psychological and easy to cure.
- Reduced libido: A man not being “in the mood” may be something hard to associate with, but many a time, it happens. This is largely due to psychological causes, and if the partners don’t strike a chord, that could be the reason too. Other reasons could be hormonal imbalance, high blood pressure, etc.
- Ejaculation issues: There could be disorders which could be due to ejaculation that is premature, inhibited, or retrograde. These lead to improper release of sperms, either premature or delayed or back into the bladder. The underlying problem usually is easily identified by the doctor and is treatable.
- In all of these, admitting the problem is the first and most effective step towards treatment.
- In addition to counseling, which usually involves the partner, hormones may be needed in some.
- Quitting smoking, beginning exercise, blood sugar and pressure control, etc. are also required.
- In very rare cases, vacuum devices and penile implants may be required.
- Dyspareunia: The most common sexual problem in females is painful sex, which makes it difficult for the couple. This could be due to vaginal dryness, UTIs, pelvic area infections, etc. This is one of the main reason for reduced libido. Topical lubricants are often useful, in addition to counseling to allay fears and improve overall relationship.
- Reduced libido: This is very common in women, and could be due to relationship issues, painful sex, hormonal imbalance, etc. This is also possible due to the multiple roles that a woman plays, so much so that she never has time to think about it.
- Anorgasmia: Women have more difficulty in achieving orgasm, which is also more psychological and often a combination of sex education and counseling helps.
- Includes combination of medications, hormonal therapy, and sex education.
- Vaginal dryness is improved using lubricants
- Supplement hormones are very useful.
- Sex counseling also involving the partner
- Infections or inflammation in the pelvic tract need to be treated with medications.
A mother’s milk is said to be the most nutritious food for a new born baby. It contains the perfect balance of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals needed for your baby and changes to keep up with your baby’s growing needs. However, the benefits of breastfeeding extend way beyond nutritional value. Breastfeeding is beneficial for both you and your baby. Ideally, a baby should be breastfed for at least the first six months.
Here are 5 major benefits of breastfeeding.
- Stronger immunity: Mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and a number of unique compounds that help the newborn child’s body fight bacterial and viral infections. No other form of baby food is as rich in these antibodies. Babies who have been breastfed have a lower risk of suffering from ailments such as ear infection, stomach upsets and respiratory problems. The first milk expressed by a woman’s breasts after giving birth is known as colostrums. This milk coats the baby’s digestive system and prevents the growth of harmful bacteria.
- Fewer allergies: Breast milk is easier to digest than formula or cow’s milk. This protects the gastrointestinal passages from inflammation and prevents undigested food from triggering allergic reactions. Being breastfed can also reduce the number of allergies a child may suffer from in their later years.
- Healthy body weight: Breastfeeding makes a child less likely to suffer from obesity in their later childhood and adult years. This is because breast milk contains less insulin and more hormones as compared to formula. This helps regulate fat absorption. On an average, babied fed on formula put on weight quickly and are more likely to overeat in their later years.
- Stronger bones: Breastfeeding is beneficial for both the child and the mother. When a woman is breastfeeding her child, her body’s ability to absorb calcium increases. This helps increase bone density, especially as pregnancy can make bones weak.
- Builds a strong mother-child bond: After 9 months of carrying a child to term, giving birth may lead to post partum depression and a mother may feel the connection between her and the child severed. Breastfeeding helps nurture this connection and provides emotional relief to both the mother and child. For the mother, this experience releases hormones that reduce stress and relax the body. For the baby, close physical contact is very important and this process provides the perfect opportunity to do so. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
I am a gym boy. I do heavy weight workout. My question is. Gym can be affect sex life. If affect. then good or bad effect?
The pregnancy maturity date of my son's wife according to apollo hospital lady doctor is around 26th July & everything was normal as we had decided for a NORMAL DELIVERY. But during last check-up scan on 25th June the attending lady doctor informs that water level has reduced & suggested a cesarian delivery on 30th June, as she will be on vacation since till 9th July. The old experienced ladies of our family say reduction in water level is not so alarming that cesarian operation & premature delivery is necessary. We assume a foulplay by the lady doctor as three times higher than normal delivery charges we have to pay. We request you to advise us in this matter.
I am 20. I had primolut, 2 tablets a day for 3 days from 22 to 24 and had emergency contraceptive on 25. What would be the effects and side effects of it? And by what date can I expect my periods?
Hello. I was conceived but it miscarriage automatically. The scan report show no baby growth and also having ovarian cyst. Now am trying to conceive. Pls help me. And my query is the pregnancy will loss due to pcos?
I had sex for 1st time on 20th and took 2 unwanted 72 tabs out of fright. He ejaculated outside me and we stupidly used a plastic in place of condom. On 28th I had my periods which were due on 11th of next month. I have pcos so my periods r irregular further till last month I was on loette till 7th of this month but then I didn't renew due to some skin reactions to the pill. Why is this bleeding so early and am I pregnant?
1 year passed of my marriage. I want a baby but fails to conceive. My wifes reports are normal. My sperm count is 45. And motile 30. What is the best way to increase this as fast as can. And to conceive baby. Pls advise. Any medicine are food.
My Wife is pregnant but in ultrasound report doctor says that baby is wrapped by cord around the neck. Now she is saying that my wife needs operation to deliver the baby. I would request you doctors please help me if there is a way to make it normal delivery. Its very serious for me.
The word "Spearmint" probably reminds you of your favorite chewing gum. However, this special type of mint and has far reaching benefits than just a gum, some known and some unknown. Its value lies in its leaves that are used in many cultures as a part of daily recipes. Apart from that, the leaves are used to prepare a host of products such as toothpaste and mouthwash. They are also used medicinally and are one of the predominant medicines used in Ayurveda. Let us look at some of the benefits of using Spearmint.
Health benefits of spearmint
- Antibacterial Capacity: The natural antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of the spearmint can be beneficial in protecting your gums and teeth from cavities. Apart from that, they also take care of your bad breath and dental damages.
- Respiratory Health: Spearmint has a significant impact on the overall health of your respiratory system. It has anti-inflammatory qualities and can relieve sore throats and chest tightness. They are also used in some asthma medicines to ease out the congestion and assist in the breathing process.
- Digestion: If you are facing stomach upset frequently, look no further than spearmint. It is beneficial for digestion and can be great for the overall health of your digestive system. It is also helpful during pregnancy and can prevent morning sickness, nausea, and vomiting. It also minimizes cramping and bloating.
- Hormonal Balance: For people who are suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome or other forms of hormonal imbalance, having spearmint juices can reduce the symptoms. The juice stimulates the endocrine system and prevents complicated metabolic side effects.
- Blood Circulation: Spearmint leaves and juices can also prevent anemia and can be beneficial for proper blood circulation. They also greatly stimulate the production of red blood cells and hemoglobin. Spearmint leaves can also be beneficial in maintaining the pH levels of your skin and blood.
- Heart Health: Spearmint effectively maintains a healthy blood pressure and relieves the pressure on your arteries. They are also beneficial in controlling your cardiovascular symptoms and relieve the stress on your blood vessels and arteries.
- Stress Relief: Menthol, which one of the most powerful ingredients in spearmint, has a soothing and calming effect on your overall health. It also acts a mild sedative in some cases. Take a cup of hot spearmint tea in case you need a calming effect on your body. It can also significantly reduce the stress levels and can stimulate your nervous system effectively.