Submit a review for Digestive Endoscopy CenterYour feedback matters!
I was done LIS surgery 6 months ago and my fissure is completely cured now. Now my question is if I get severe hard stool anyhow then anal fissure can recur again? According to statistics what is the percentage of recurrence after a hard stool after LIS surgery?
My mom has a problem of gas due to which she does not eat properly and she is also nervous and there is heaviness on her head due to which she is very upset.
I am suffering from severe gas trouble. Every 30 mins gas is passing from back. When I sit or busy with something its stays in my body and stomach looks big so go to toilet gas passes with big sound. How to cure it, feeling so tired is Is that reason for this? My digestion is sometimes fully and partial but any how gas is always passing. Pls advice.
I am unable to sleep at night. I have acidity problem. I awake around 3 - 4 am daily and wake up at 9 pm. Please suggest some ayurvedic or home remedies. This is happening from last 4 Month. Sometime I awake whole night. Thinking about something or surfing something on phone.
I am a 18 year old boy. I am having diarrhoea from last 3 days. I also ate medicines. But today when I went to toilet there was a flesh coloured jelly like substance in my stool. I got afraid. I want to ask what is it and if it is harmful or not and what to do now. Thanks in advance.
I am suffering from ibs .last 6 year. I used normaxin rt. Normaxin mb. Rafigut.but my problem not short out .please suggest me best medicine.
I have problem with mouth ulcer, frequently it will come and affect 2,3 weeks I am afraid this will go any major problem Pls advice how will treat, where will consult.
Gas problem. Potty clear not daily. Constipation problem. Sometimes bleeding with potty. When urine think a mania like potty will done. Urine gap 5 mins only but little bit. Can not sleep easily. Please help.
Sir mera digestive system bahut hi weak ho Gaya hai mujhe din me 3-4 Baar bathroom jaane padte hai tab Jake mera pet clear hota hai or pet se aawaj bhi aati rahte hai mera age 22 years hai Mai depression me bhi raheta hu or kabhi kabhi soft pain bhi hota hai or urine bhi kabhi kabhi yellow aati hai Lekin jab me jayada Paani Peta hu to phir urine clear ho jati hai so mai Kaya Karu sir.
After having even light meals in the afternoon I feel drowsiness & sleepy. I am 54 & my digestion is normal. I have this problem since my youth. Please explain the reasons. Thanks.
Diarrhea is one of the world’s most common ailments and almost everyone suffers from it now and then. It is a condition in which the bowel movements become loose and watery. In many cases, diarrhea lasts a couple of days. But when it lasts for a week, then it can mean a serious disorder. You have to seek medical attention immediately in such scenarios.
The symptoms of diarrhea can include loose, watery stools, abdominal cramps and pain, blood in the stool and bloating symptoms. If the condition persists for more than two days and if you are unable to find any relief, consult your doctor. You might also tend to get dehydrated when you are suffering from the condition. Hence, you might feel weak and tired. Occasionally, your stool samples may be loaded with blood.
There are many harmful pathogens that can cause diarrhea- including viruses and bacteria. One of the most important reasons is contaminated water and the buildup of parasites in your body. There are also certain foods that might not suit your body type and as a result, you might experience diarrhea. Do know your food symptoms and follow a proper diet accordingly. One of the major complications of diarrhea is dehydration and if left untreated, it can become life threatening. This is especially worse in small children. Hence seek medical attention if your child is suffering from it. Do look out for signs like no tears when your child cries and withdrawn face in your child.
Other causes include:
- Alcohol abuse
- Allergies to certain foods
- Diseases of the intestines (such as Crohn's disease or ulcerative colitis)
- Eating foods that upset the digestive system
- Infection by bacteria (the cause of most types of food poisoning) or other organisms
- Laxative abuse
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- Radiation therapy
- Running (Some people get “runner’s diarrhea” for reasons that aren’t clear)
- Some cancers
- Surgery on your digestive system
Diagnosis is usually rare for diarrhea unless you want to find the reason. Usually, this is done by testing your stool and in some cases even your blood.
When to see a doctor
People who have warning signs of blood or pus in the stool, fever, or signs of dehydration should see a doctor right away, as should those with significant abdominal pain. Such people may need immediate testing, treatment, and sometimes admission to a hospital. If the only warning signs are chronic or nighttime diarrhea or weight loss, people should see a doctor within a week or so. People without warning signs should call a doctor if diarrhea lasts for more than 72 hours. Depending on the person's other symptoms, age, and medical history, the doctor may recommend the person have an examination or try at-home or over-the-counter treatments
In most cases, diarrhea symptoms can clear up by themselves, without any treatment. Most of the scenarios involve changing your food habits for some days. You can take antibiotics but use of antibiotics in diarrhoea should be only under medical supervision. In most cases these are helpful and the symptoms will go away after a day or two. Drink plenty of fluids during these days to replenish the lost water content and to keep your body hydrated at all times. If drinking fluids affect your stomach then you may need to take the fluids intravenously. If you do not get relief from the symptoms even after a couple of days, seek medical help.
Oral Rehydration rehydration salts (ORS) - How To Make It?
Oral Rehydration rehydration salts (ORS) is a special drink made up of sugars, salts, and clean water. It can help replace fluid loss from severe diarrhea or vomiting. Studies have shown ORS to be as effective as intravenous fluid administration when treating dehydration. ORS drinks can be made using purchased packets, like Pedialyte®, Infalyte®, and Naturalyte®. You can also make ORS drinks at home using clean water, salt, and sugar.
Making Your Own ORS Solution--
1. Gather the ingredients. To make your own ORS solution, you’ll need:
- table salt
- clean water
- granulated or powdered sugar
2. Mix the dry ingredients. Add a half-teaspoon of table salt and 2 tablespoons of sugar into a clean container. You can use granulated or powdered sugar.
- If you don't have a teaspoon to measure, you can use a fistful scoop of sugar and a three-finger pinch of salt.
3. Add one liter of clean drinking water. If you cannot measure out a liter, add 5 cups of water (each cup is about 200 ml). Only use clean water. The water can be bottled water or recently boiled and cooled water.
- Be sure to only use water. Milk, soup, fruit juice or soft drinks cannot be used since they will make the ORS ineffective. Don't add any extra sugar.
4. Stir well and drink. Use a spoon or whisk to mix the ORS powder into the water. After a minute or so of vigorous stirring, the solution should be completely dissolved. Now, it is ready to drink.
- ORS solution can be refrigerated for 24 hours. Do not store it any longer. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
A fistula is an abnormal, tube-like connection, a passage or hole that forms between two organs or an organ in your body and your skin. There are various types of fistulas that can develop in different parts of your body but the most common types are-
1. Obstetric Fistulas: This is the name given to a hole between the vagina and rectum or bladder. A vaginal fistula that opens into the urinary tract is called a vesicovaginal fistula and one that opens into the rectum is called a rectovaginal fistula.
A woman with obstructed labour or labour that is not attended by a doctor or a midwife, can suffer labor pain for up to six or seven days. And as the labour produces contractions that push the baby’s head against the mother’s pelvic, the soft tissues between the baby’s head and the pelvic bone are compressed and do not receive adequate blood flow between the mother’s bladder and vagina and/or between the rectum and vagina.
This means that a hole forms on the vaginal wall between the urinary tract and her rectum. The urine and faeces thus start to leak from the vaginal opening causing soiling and foul smell.
Apart from labour, hysterectomies that damage the vaginal wall can also cause such types of fistulas.
Enterovaginal – A woman may have gas and foul smelling fluids leaking out of her vagina due to an enterovaginal fistula which is a hole between the vagina and the digestive tract. It’s usually caused due to inflammatory bowel disease or IBD and ulcerative colitis.
2. Anal fistula
These are fistulas that form between the end of the bowel and skin near the anus.
An anal fistula usually develops due to a previous or current anal abscess. An anal abscess is an infected cavity filled with pus found near the anus due to an acute infection in the internal glands of the anus.
Common symptoms are:
- Pain in the anorectal area
- Rectal bleeding
- Urinary symptoms, such as trouble initiating urination or painful urination
- Inflammatory bowel disease – a chronic condition of the GI track which causes inflammation
- Diverticulitis – An infection in the large intestine
- Tuberculosis, HIV
- Surgery near the anus
Anal abscess and likewise anal fistula are treated by surgical drainage in which an incision is made in the skin near the anus to drain the infection causing an anal abscess. Hospitalization may be required for patients who have impaired immunity like diabetics.
Anal fistula though has no medical treatment and surgery is almost always necessary to cure it.
- If the fistula is straightforward which means one that involves minimal sphincter muscle, a fistulotomy may be performed. This involves cutting open the whole length of the fistula so it heals.
- Seton is another procedure in which a surgical thread called a seton is placed in the fistula and left there to help it heal. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a general surgeon.