Submit a review for Bliss Healing centerYour feedback matters!
My mother in law suffering from knee pain from the last 4 to 5 yrs. Is she relief from this problem. She visited various Dr. & now she takes medicine VOLTAFLAM 50 when started heavy pain. Any suggestion by you, please.
With the vast amount of available information, ranging from age-old wisdom to health magazines and health sites, most people are prone to misinformation when it comes to what to eat and what to avoid.
From drinking copious amounts of water to eating a light lunch, it is the time that these commonly known health tips are debunked.
These 3 habits that may seem healthy on the surface but are actually harming you!
1) Drinking large amounts of water
It is advisable to drink a healthy dose of water each day, but you should drink water only when you feel thirsty and not otherwise. If you drink water beyond your level of thirst, it can lead to excess water intake. This excessive intake can be the cause of conditions like obesity, skin and digestive problems among other health conditions. An average person consumes 8 glasses of water each day. But you are advised to drink that much, only if you are thirsty enough. It is also recommended not to drink cold water or ice-cold drinks.
2) Eating uncooked foods
It is essential to preserve the nutrients of the ingredients you eat, but it is equally important to make them digestible. Cooking involves subjecting the ingredients to heat, which helps to remove and kill certain impurities and bacteria in them. Cooked foods are easily broken down, and hence, digested with ease. Some vegetables and foods are even more beneficial when lightly cooked. Vegetables like Brussel sprouts, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, spinach, and kale should not be consumed raw.
3) Eating a light lunch
The ideology behind eating a light lunch may be to keep your weight in check and to stay healthy, but if the food you're having is not nutritious, it can still cause you to gain weight. Some food joints even offer a lunch menu of light proportions while the dinner menu may be packed with heavy amounts of food. This is wrong. It is advisable that people have larger proportions of food in their lunch while dinner should be meager as your digestion slows down as the day progresses.
I want to increase my weight. I am very thin and slim. My weight is 40 kg. I am 17 year old. Pls help me to increase my weight. Give me proper diet. Pls help to increase at least 10-12 kg.
Hello, my problem is when I eat breakfast ,lunch and dinner frequently I go to the toilet, come out solid or semi solid ,so I think my weight doesn't gain for this reason. Please give a solution with medicine.
Spondylitis, or cervical spondylitis, is a common condition that affects a large section of the adult population. This most common disorder of the cervical spine is a degenerative condition. There are soft disks between the vertebral bones which shrink with age and gets stiff. This leads to formation of small bone spurs. This reduces the space available for the disk to move, causing nerve pinching.
Causes: Ageing is the most common cause for spondylitis. Injury, incorrect sleeping posture, and heavy weight-lifting can also cause spondylitis. While earlier it was common in people who were 60-plus, with more people spending more time at their computers and workstations, the onset happens much earlier in 30s and sometimes even in 20s.
Symptoms: Most symptoms related to spondylitis are centered on the neck and shoulder regions. There is pain and stiffness in the neck that can extend to the shoulders, nape of the neck, arms, and sometimes even the fingers. In rare cases, the pain can extend into the forehead and back of the head too. Associated symptoms include numbness, weakness, and a pricking sensation in the hands, arms, and sometimes fingers.
Homeopathy in cervical spondylitis:
Homeopathy treats the root of the issue after taking into account all symptoms. Listed below are some common homeopathic remedies for spondylitis.
- Conium: There is neck pain along with vertigo when lying down or turning in bed. There is constant mild pain in the back of the head and a tight sensation in the forehead region.
- Rhus Tox: When the neck pain is worse in the morning and with rest, Rhus is a good option. Moving the neck helps relieve this pain, which is often as a result of some injury.
- Kalmia Latifolia: When there is pain extending from the neck to the arm and hand and fingers, Kalmia works wonders. There may also be pain from the nape of the neck to the shoulder blades. The pain is increased with leaning forwards or looking down. The patient may also have nausea with the pain.
- Gelsemium: When there is pain extending from the neck to the back of the head, centering in the occipital region. The patient also feels weak, dull, and dizzy. The pain is triggered by emotional excitement.
- Silicea: When there is pain extending from the neck to the eyes and forehead, Silicea provides good relief. The patient will have intolerance to cold and feels chilly. The pain is improved by heat pads and lying down.
- Calcarea Phos: If the radiographs show bony changes in the cervical spine with the spondylitis, this is very useful. The bony spurs that form can be painful and cause nerve pinching leading to vertigo.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopathy and ask a free question.
While you may be controlling your portions and ensuring that your meals are healthy, the snacks in between the big meals may still be causing your body harm. The packets of chips that you may open will not only add calories, but other harmful chemicals as well.
There are other healthier options out there which you can use to replace it and still satisfy your cravings.
- Kurmura or puffed rice: A staple snack in many parts of India, kurmura comes in many varieties and mixtures that are quite popular. Some examples are jhalmuri, bhelpuri and others. While mixing it with other things such as farsan, nuts and chana are good, excessive use of oil or sweet spices may increase its calorific value. Thus refrain from these additions.
- Khakra: A great Indian snack that comes from Gujarat, this is a form of flatbread which can be consumed on its own or with chutneys. This is very low in fats and oil and is one of the tastiest snack alternatives around.
- Masala corn: Corn is considered to be a very healthy and nutritious snack on its own. However, you can add various types of masala or have a roast corn cob with salt and lime dressing, which is an already favoured snack all over India.
- Nuts: Assorted nuts such as almonds, peanuts, pistachios can be a very filling snack without the need for large quantities of it. However, don't consume too much of it as certain varieties do contain considerable amounts of fat and thus moderation is the key here.
- Soya sticks: A new entrant into the Indian market, soya sticks are baked and then laced with spices. Soya tends to have protein while not much fat and thus it can be a healthy as well as a tasty snack. Soya sticks are usually laced with various kinds of masala.
- Chickpeas or chana: This is another snack which can come in many forms such as roasted, boiled or even as a paste in the form of hummus. It contains a lot of protein but very little fat. Chickpeas can be had either on their own or mixed with nuts or other forms of mixture.
- Baked snacks: Various forms of snacks which are baked instead of fried can be a good alternative as well. Baked versions of potato chips and other snacks are increasingly available in stores across India.
I am 19 years old ,weighing 45 kgs. My parents think that im underweight for my age. And have lean appearance. I have not much appetite. Suggest something to gain weight and improve my appearance and still to be in shape.
My mother (Age 51, weight 69 kg) has osteoarthritis and the synovial fluid of the right knee (Arthritis grade 4) is nearly gone but the bones of the left leg started to bend and paining more severe from 2 month on wards. And BMD results shows osteoporosis (T-Score = -4.06) (Z Score = -2.63) but uric acid (3.7 mg/dL) and serum calcium is normal. She also has mild diabetes and High BP (140/80). Should we go for the knee replacement surgery or is there any alternative ayurvedic treatment of it? And Can knee replacement surgery successful in osteoporosis bones?
My weight is just 50 kg and I want to increase is my weight, please suggest me how to increase weight.
Hello, greeting I wanna know, Whether using [ashwagandha, shatar,shilajit, gokshura] is really beneficial for weight gaining and body building. If yes, what its dosage? Is their any side effect? After how many days, I can really fell differences? I saw these advertisement in YouTube many times but can not believe without any good description with good adviser, please clear my dilemma.
Can Use of Sunscreen Reduce Skin’s Aging?
Skin aging is a natural process. While it cannot be stopped or reversed, certain measures can certainly slow down the process of aging. One such measure is regularly using sunscreen to keep the skin protected from skin damage.
Damage caused due to exposure to the sun is the leading cause of skin aging. The harmful rays of the sun known as UVA and UVB have a tremendous impact on the health of skin and speed up the process of skin aging. It also affects those with fairer or lighter skin more due to the lack of melanin in their skin.
Regularly wearing sunscreen has proven to reduce skin aging by keeping it protected from sun damage. Studies have shown that those who inculcate a habit of wearing sunscreen at all times while stepping out during the day have younger and healthier looking skin than those who don’t. The sunscreen acts as a layer of defense against sun radiation and keeps it from causing any damage. Skin is, thus, protected from accelerated aging.
How to correctly use sunscreen to reduce skin aging
There are certain specifics that need to be kept in mind while using sunscreen in order to increase its potency. Some of these are as follows:
• The right product must be carefully chosen. It is necessary to use sunscreen that has a SPF rating of 30 or more.
• It must be applied at least 15 minutes before stepping out into the sun.
• It must be reapplied every few hours as sunscreen gets easily washed away due to sweating and exposure to moisture.
• The habit of using sunscreen must be started early, preferably from childhood.
• Sunscreen must be used even on cloudy and overcast days.
The adoption of these measures while using sunscreen has been proved effective in reducing skin aging and preventing the early formation of wrinkles, discoloration and sagging skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.