I had been to Dr. Yasmeen Jethna this morning with my lower back pain problem which i was suffering from past few years. She was able to find the root cause of the pain just pressing the nerve of mine. She seems to be a very talented doctor. Regards,Yusuf
Having a baby brings about a number of changes in your life, including a change in the way you look. The nine months see you putting on additional weight, which you try to shed off once you deliver. To help you get back into shape, here are some very effective and simple ways that you can follow:
Losing weight doesn't mean you need to get started on a vigorous exercise regimen; even a simple walk around your apartment block can help you to lose your baby weight. Whether it's going up and down the stairs for 15 minutes or pushing the stroller for about 30 minutes, such activities can bring your body's calorie-burning capacity back on track.
- Breastfeed to burn about 600-800 calories everyday - Breastfeeding is not only good for your newborn but also for you. Breastfeeding your child can help you to lose weight considerably as it's a great way of burning off all the baby fat.
- Lift weights to speed up your body's metabolism - Lifting weights can aid in improving your body's metabolism, thereby helping you to lose your baby weight effectively. By adding weight training to your fitness regimen, you're in fact helping yourself to build muscle mass and losing weight in the process. To do this, you don't need any gym equipment, for instance, you can do lunges while taking your baby around in a stroller. Or do them while holding your child close to your chest.
- Always snack healthily - Having healthy snacks in place of high-calorie sugary foods can help you to get back your post-pregnancy shape. Studies show that yogurt and low-fat milk can help in weight loss as the calcium content present in these two foods block a hormone that assists the body in storing fat. Moreover, consuming foods high in fiber like raisins and figs can help in improving your digestion.
- Get adequate sleep - Sleeping is another way in which you can shed off those extra kilos. Try to sleep whenever you get the time as it'll help to keep you from binging on junk foods as well as keep your energy levels in check.
Related Tip: Benefits of Breastfeeding for Baby & Mother
I am 59 male with controlled BP with medicine and border line sugar without medicine. Regarding health MILK. What should the MILK and healthy quantity at one time? What is the best time to take it? Can one take it continuously without break for a longer period?
Food gives us the energy to carry out activities of daily living. Eating well is not only important for our survival but our mental and emotional wellbeing. Food is so much connected to our culture and reflects our lifestyles to a great extent. All cultures follow a particular method of cooking and eating. We respond to our hunger through food. Our bodies learn the specific times to eat. The satiety centre in our brain tells us how much to eat and when to stop. However, for some, eating becomes an abnormality when they respond to their emotional issues through over eating or inadequate eating. For them, eating is not just a normal response to hunger. It could be a psychological response to anxiety, stress or other behavioural and emotional difficulties.
The most common Eating Disorders are Anorexia- causing inadequate eating and weight loss, Bulimia- causing eating in excess amounts and Binge eating -characterised by eating in large amounts and at frequent intervals. Research suggests that eating disorders can develop early in life and are mainly triggered by environment. However, eating disorders are also common among people with anxiety, trauma (physical, emotional or sexual) and depression. People with eating disorders are seen to have a low self-esteem and generally avoid eating with family and friends due to their abnormal eating habits.
Eating disorders disturb the body’s equilibrium and impacts negatively on a person’s mental health. People with eating disorders are unable to socialize, impacting on their self-image and ability to deal with emotions. They often fall prey to their anxiety and depression through abnormal eating. Eating disorder is not seen as a disease in itself since it has strong emotional and behavioural issues. Thus, treatment of the disorder is not limited to drugs alone. Effective treatment of eating disorders is generally a combination of interventions ranging from counselling, psychotherapy and drugs.
Homeopathy offers a holistic approach to the treatment of eating disorders. It attempts to eliminate the signs and symptoms associated with the disorder through a step by step approach. The treatment is purely herbal and free of side effects. Homeopathy offers a range of medications designed to treat different types of disorders. However, it is important to follow the prescribed medication at regular intervals for maximum benefits. Homeopathy in addition to counselling and therapy offers a comprehensive and safe approach to deal with eating disorders.
It is extremely important to support the person suffering from this disorder and be sensitive towards his/her emotional needs. Sadly, there is a lack of proper knowledge about the disorder and its treatment which sometimes leads to its mismanagement. It’s best to consult an expert and get a medical advice.
Knee pain can be caused due to a variety of reasons as the knees are large joints that are often subjected to heavy loads. The occurrence of knee pain is on the rise, which may be caused due to sports injuries and unilateral load. Osteoarthritis, arthritis, wearing of the patella, inflammation of bone and cartilage are some of the common forms of knee pain. If you had been suffering from knee pain for quite some time, then there is nothing to worry about; Ayurveda has a great solution to alleviate this condition.
The herbal remedies offered by Ayurveda help in improving immunity, providing strength and endurance.
- Massage: Massage therapy can relieve the joint pain by soothing inflammation and improving the circulation. Several health studies indicate that the regular massage has the power to alleviate pain along the affected joint. You can pick up any oil such as coconut, mustard, olive, castor or garlic oil and heat it and apply it with a gentle pressure while massaging.
- Hot and cold compress: Heat therapy can help in increasing blood flow, decreasing pain and relaxing sore muscles and joints whereas cold therapy aids in reducing inflammation and benumbing the area around the affected knee. But before you apply them, you will have to wrap them separately in towels and not apply directly to the skin. The hot compress can be placed for 3 minutes and then immediately replaced with cold compress for about a minute. The entire process can be repeated for about 20 to 30 minutes. But you shouldn’t be using hot compress if the affected area is hot and irritated. Also, do not opt for cold therapy in case you have circulatory issues.
- Fenugreek: Owing to its anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, fenugreek or Methi is a highly favourable home remedy for knee pain. It is particularly helpful for people suffering from arthritis. So you can swallow a teaspoonful of fine fenugreek seeds’ powder and drink a glass of lukewarm water after that. Follow the process regularly unless you get positive results. You may also soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight and eat them in the morning.
Ayurveda has a solution to all your mental and physical problems, but it is important to note here that the treatment must be administered after evaluating your present health condition and medical history. So speak with an expert today and opt for the home remedy that’s best suited to alleviate your knee pain.
There is probably no house in India, where dishes are prepared without the use of ginger. It forms an amazing spice that is savoury, both for spicy and sweet dishes and as a result, most Indian dishes include this spice for making them tastier and healthier. But did you know that both fresh and dried ginger has medicinal properties as well?
Here are the top 13 benefits proffered by ginger
Healing properties: Ginger can be used as a fresh root or a milled powder for healing all kinds of sores and cuts and it prevents spread of infections.
Helps in relieving pain: If you can boil ginger for a short time and drink the liquid, it can help in alleviating the chronic and acute pain caused by arthritis, rheumatism, abdominal cramps, back pain, bronchial asthma and bronchitis, neck stiffness, inflammation in the kidney and liver.
Regenerating properties: Ginger can help in increasing the blood circulation, eliminating toxins and regenerating the tissues that have been harmed with any kind of disease.
Fat burning abilities: Ginger can act as a fat burner and aids in weight loss. It can create a feeling of fullness and reduces sudden food craving so that you will not have to snack in between meals.
Anti-inflammatory properties: Regardless of what has triggered the cause of pain, ginger has the potential to set you free from it owing to the anti-inflammatory properties contained in ginger roots.
Helps in relieving sinusitis: Ginger has a notable impact on the health of those suffering from sinusitis. If you are suffering from asthma, you may have it too.
Alleviating nausea: Ginger root can soothe the nerve and can prevent headache, vomiting and migraine. It can relieve you from tiredness and soreness of muscles caused due to long voyages.
Fighting abdominal discomfort: By consuming ginger tea on regular basis, your digestion, as well as food absorption, can be prevented.
Reduction of inflammation: Ginger root helps in soothing swollen joints and tired muscles. It is also recommended for relieving pain and burning sensation.
Fighting menstrual problems: Dipping a towel in ginger tea and putting in the region of the uterus can aid in relaxing the muscles.
Relieving stress: A cupful of ginger tea can aid in improving the mood and reducing stress and tension.
Empowering the immune system: The antioxidants contained in ginger roots can help in strengthening the immunity system by reducing stroke risk and cleaning arteries.
Treating cancer: It has been proven that ginger tea can kill cancer cells.
There are specific rules and ways of consuming Aadrak (ginger) by people of different constitutions and regions. An Ayurvedic constitutional examination can help you in understanding which and when is the best way for you to consume ginger.
Sir I have knee pain for the last one year but there is no spelling in my knee 4 years back a rod hits my knee, when I doing gym exercise the pain started but it does not cure still I consult doctor he said it is a minor after check x-ray report all clear, but still little pain on my knee please suggest me sir.
I had ACL injury grade 1 in my left knee, it's been 7 days resting and using knee braces. I don't feel any improvement as such. How much time it takes usually to completely recover?
My age is 38. My weight is around 55 kg. My figure is skinny. What will be my diet to grow up muscle and body weight?
Hello .My name is vaishaliyadav & I am 21.5 years old. My weight is 54 kg. And height 5'2 inches .I want to increase my height 3-4 inches more. So is it possible? & Plzzz also give me more effective tips.
Hello doctor. I am 17 years old. And I am a thin guy. I have started eating more from 20-30 days. But the result of it is that my belly is getting out rather than increase in the mass of full body. So I would like to know from you a whole day food chart for me, i.e from morning to night. I am vegetarian. So please tell the foods, fruits and dry fruits which to be eaten and their propers timings also. I would be really thankful to you, if you tell me the whole day food chart with their timings to be consumed. Please doctor make a food chart and give me please.
I am lean man so which time food intake my body fat. I am working in software company, what are the health problems occur in future also give me suggestions to avoid such problems.
My husband has got grade 3 fatty liver and high uric acid. He needs to loose weight. Can you please recommend a low calorie low protien diet plan for him.
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
- Dental Health: The substances that are found in green tea help in killing bacteria before it can infect one’s mouth. So, apart from cleaning the digestive system of various toxins, it also prevents plaque formation and tooth decay. It keeps dangerous bacteria like Streptococci Mutans away from the mouth and lowers the risk of caries.