Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Anesthesiologists in India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. mahmood ghazanwy
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Submit a review for Dr. mahmood ghazanwyYour feedback matters!
I am 45 years old, between the bones of my knee cartilage was completely over and due to that the bones are touching each other and it is resulting in a massive pain is the operation only way to over come it?
I have ankle pain from past 1 month, I tried changing my footwear but there is no change in the condition, can I get a solution for this?
I had a bulge in my hand bone, near wrist, a few years ago while playing. I guess it didn't heal properly with the cast because I continuously have hand pain. Today I showed an orthopaedic doctor. The doctor saw that there's no fracture. I still continuously have pain. Can you please let me know what must be done?
My body colour is getting black. Specially my hips and back area is there any home remedy so that I can get back the colour.
He is suffering with severe back pain he can't even able move it started from morning 10 a.m and till now there is no improvement he is just lying on a bed. Please suggest what to do for the treatment because he is village now where we can not go to doctor immediately.
My shoulder dislocated recently and now I'm supporting it with universal should immobilizer since last 2 weeks. It is the second time that my shoulder dislocated. It dislocated for the first time around 6 years ago. My question is can I do gym once I take off shoulder immobilizer?
Even though we have 206 bones in our bodies, breaking just one is enough to bring our daily lives to a standstill. A partial or complete break in a bone is termed as a fracture. While minor fractures can heal in as little as 6 weeks major fractures can take 3-4 months to heal properly. In cases of complex fractures, you may need physical therapy even after this time period to get back complete mobility. Hence patience is essential when a fracture is healing, but here are a few tips on how to speed up the process.
- Increase your protein intake: Proteins are essential for the healing and repairing of damage to bones and tissues. Proteins also give the bone structure its strength, Hence, depriving the body of adequate protein will result in the formation of soft bones rather than hard, strong bones. This prevents a bone from fracturing in the same place again.
- Have a diet rich in antioxidants: Inflammation is one of the first symptoms of a fracture. This inflammation can continue for many days after the incident and until the inflammation reduces, healing cannot take place properly. Antioxidants help rid toxins from the body and help reduce inflammation thereby initiating the healing process. Antioxidants can also help relieve pain.
- Exercise: While you must take care not to apply too much pressure on the affected area it is essential to move the limb as much as possible. Being active promotes blood flow and in this way speeds up the healing process.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine: In most cases, a doctor will prescribe pain relievers to deal with the pain of a fracture. Under no circumstances should you consume alcohol when taking these medications. Even after the antibiotic course is over it is a good idea to abstain from alcohol as this can increase inflammation. Similarly, caffeine and all caffeinated products should also be avoided as they contain compounds that can prevent calcium from being absorbed.
- Have an alkaline diet: Having an alkaline diet with lots of fruits and vegetables helps stabilise the pH levels of the body and conserves minerals and proteins needed to build strong bones. In this way, it creates the optimal environment for healing. An alkaline diet also increases the production of growth hormones and other growth factors like IGF insulin in the body. These are crucial to speeding up the healing process and aid in new bone formation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!