Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Alternative Medicine Specialists in India. You will find Alternative Medicine Specialists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Alternative Medicine Specialists online in Patiala. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Jagjeet Singh Parwana
Treatment of Joint Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Infertility
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Kidney Failure
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Treatment of Mental Disorders
Submit a review for Dr. Jagjeet Singh ParwanaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr Jagjeet treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. Even though DrJagjeet Singh is not from our city, he is still very famous, so we consulted him.The friendliness of staff is the best in the Dr Parwana's Clinic. Whatever tests the Jagjeet Singh Parwana prescribed, were very correct and gave us an exact idea about my condition. The Dr Parwana's Clinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. Never thought I will suffer from something female sexual problems like this. He ensures that he listens to his patients.
I was in so much pain due to my throat cancer. One of my colleague referred Dr Jagjeet, he is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I am impressed with the way he treated me. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely. Though the treatment took time, but I am completely cured from the problem now.
Dr. Jagjeet Singh Parwana provides answers that are sensible. Thanks for your assistance,i shall proceed as guided by you.
I have heard that if you start taking thyroid tablets then you have to take it for life long. Is that true?
Acupuncture is an alternative medicinal practice that involves stimulating certain pressure points on the body with a needle that penetrates the skin to reduce pain or to treat different health conditions. Most patients try out acupuncture if everything else fails and when their doctors have pronounced their problem unfixable. It is also opted when the physician prescribed medicines have brought no pain relief. Others have discovered that continuous acupuncture tends to make conventional medicines seem moderate.
In case you have not tried out acupuncture and are interested to know whether it is justified regardless of your time and cash, here are five urging motivations that show that acupuncture works:
- It is a personalized healthcare: No two acupuncture therapy patients get a similar treatment for a similar illness or uneasiness. Acupuncturists treat the patients, not the sicknesses. They are prepared to take in everything about you, from the sound of your voice to the nature of your skin to the radiance in your eyes. They think about your entire story over a significant time span. They see your body as a system of related parts: muscles, bones, belt, organs, blood and body liquids. They see what is insufficient and what is trapped, rationally and also physically, and make alterations, thereby encouraging the body's own recovering capacity.
- It is not something to fear: Of course, you may feel the needles and their quick impacts; however, you need not be on edge. In case you are feeling throbbing pains every day in general, you will not even feel the needles go in since the pinch is very minute.
- It shows great after effects: You may go for acupuncture to cure your neck and shoulder pain, and find that the pain reduces. Then, your anxiety level, sleep quality, processing, and general disposition improve and enhance as well.
- It gets to the root: Needle therapy medicines are profoundly mending since they centre around the patient's present condition, explore why their indications are showing and intend to treat the hidden underlying driver.
- It works: Acupuncture has been around before written history. The most punctual composed record originates from a couple of 100 years before the BC. In case it did not work, it surely would not have been done for a large number of years and spread through many Asian medicinal heredities.
Researchers attempt to see how acupuncture functions from a biomedical point of view. Some point to its impacts on fascia, the connective tissue that surrounds every one of our muscles and organs. Some indicate to acupuncture’s capacity to stimulate the limbic framework and autonomic sensory system. Therefore, acupuncture works in many ways and has proven to be the best alternative treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Dietary patterns have undergone significant changes over the last few decades. These included more fatty foods, refined foods, and processed foods findings their way into people’s diet. These changes have further led to a lot of dietary diseases including hypertension, hypercholesterolemia, constipation and obesity.
With these on the rise, there is also awareness of the need to eat a balanced diet for overall well-being. What is important is that it is not just about what is being eaten. Alternative medicine offers a lot of options through which a person can train his mind and body to eat in a balanced manner and avoid diet-induced diseases. Here how to maintain good health:
Yoga: There are specific asanas in yoga which are directed at the digestive system. While some help you control appetite, there are others which can help improving digestion by stimulating digestive juices, improving absorption, and preventing fat accumulation. The breathing control which is brought through yoga is one of the best ways to improve overall health, as each and every cell is stimulated. In addition, overall, yoga is a very good form of exercise and helps in overall improved levels of activity.
Aromatherapy: There are strong indications that smell can help in curbing hunger. So, when a person is hungry, even the smell of food can lead to satiety. This is another way to control hunger. In addition, a lot of aromas are also aimed at improving overall well-being and maintaining health.
Natural medicine: There are various herbs starting from ginger, garlic, cloves, etc. which are all regular ingredients in the kitchen. These have benefits which are time tested and help in controlling various ailments and promote health overall. These should find their way into the diet, which can help in maintaining good health.
Music therapy: Stress is one of the major inducers of all diseases and affects overall health. Music is believed to be one of the most relaxing things and helps in controlling stress. It, therefore, improves overall health and maintains balance. In addition, specific music targets specific body systems, which a music therapist can prescribe.
Massage: Using herbal oils for massage is another way to manage and control overall health. The herbal oils penetrate deep within the skin and the external pressure applied during massage helps in relaxing the muscles and joints. This again should help in improving blood circulation, controlling overall body pains, improve range of motion, and improve overall health.
- Hypnosis: As the adage goes, it is all in the mind. Most health issues, when deciphered, seem to have a strong psychological issue. This is where hypnosis has assumed great importance in improving overall health in the recent past, as emotional health is an equally important component of overall health. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
For our bodies and psyches to work ideally, all parts of our systems require a sufficient supply of blood. At the point when blood is flowing as it needs to, our cells get the fuel that they need to carry out their functions. However, when the blood supply gets off course or the circulation is compromised, a great deal can go wrong.
Poor circulation happens when blood cannot satisfactorily move through veins, vessels and supply routes. It is frequently brought about by plaque development, which obstructs the flow of the blood through its assigned channels. It might likewise be a consequence of a stationary way of life, or poor cardiovascular capacity. One regular indication of below average course is frosty cool hands and feet. However, here are some of the herbs that can help improve the blood circulation:
- Gingko biloba: Most renowned for its impact of upgrading memory and intellectual execution, gingko biloba finishes this errand by enhancing flow all through the brain. The cancer-prevention agent mixes found in gingko biloba additionally increase blood circulation to all parts of the body. It may enhance sexual dysfunction caused by poor flow to the privates. These staggering tree leaves additionally boost energy levels, and are particularly noted for enhancing circulation through the eyes, avoiding eye problems, including those which may lead to visual impairment.
- Cayenne pepper: The warming impression that cayenne pepper makes in your body is an indication that it is giving a push to your flow. This notable flavor, which initially hails from India, enhances flow, as well as splits up the plaque improving the supply route dividers. It tries to detoxify the blood, and in addition, reinforce cardiovascular muscles. Also, cayenne helps in assimilation, supplement retention, modifying red platelets and has been seen to dial down the heart palpitations, apart from offering common alleviation from pain and aggravation.
- Hawthorn: Hawthorn is a bush identified with rosebush, which develops wild in woody ranges around the world. Concentrates are got from the leaves, flowers and berries of the hawthorn shrub. The oligomeric procyanidins found in hawthorn may enhance general flow by relaxing veins, and guarding them from harm. This, as a result, can bring down pulse, enhance cardiovascular capacity and keep heart diseases at bay. Hawthorn has additionally been found very useful for individuals who have encountered and are recovering from heart attacks. These advantages incorporate decreasing anxiety and facilitating neck pain.
- Ginger root: While ginger is best known for helping in processing, it likewise has the quality of regulating the blood flow. Like different herbs and flavors that support course, it transports supplements all through the body productively. Ginger may bring down LDL "bad" cholesterol. Along these lines, it lessens the danger of heart illness. For women encountering their menstrual cycle, ginger can be exceptionally beneficial, as it has blood-stimulating properties that can decrease stomach cramping.
- Pine bark extract: Pine bark extract is taken from the internal bark of a pine tree species. It contains active compounds that can help to both reinforce veins and improve the immune system. This can bring down circulatory strain, and guarantee that all phones get a sufficient supply of oxygen. This concentrate may also help in diminishing edema (irritation brought about by liquid development in tissues) of the legs. Pine bark fundamental oil can be profoundly helpful for this reason. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
Cancer is becoming the disease of modern times as with changing lifestyles, more and more people are developing this disease. Research has shown up multiple options, but these options are not without side effects. Cases of immunosuppression, weight loss, hair loss, etc., are just a few of them. Therefore, there is constant work being done to identify alternate methods of arresting cancer and preventing it.
While these alternate methods do not help in curing cancer, they definitely help in managing the signs and symptoms of cancer. This makes a lot of sense as even with conventional treatments, beyond a certain point, chemotherapy only helps in palliation and is not a complete cure.
- Acupuncture: This practice of inserting needles at specific points in the body helps in relieving nausea caused by cancer and also helps improve pain to a large extent. However, this should not be used in people who are on anticoagulants and have poor platelet count. Getting an experienced person to do it is also very essential.
- Exercise: The chronic fatigue, which sets in with cancer, can be greatly reduced by regular exercise. Talk to a private physician to identify what would work for you, taking into account overall status and plan accordingly. This will also improve sleep patterns and your overall quality of life.
- Hypnosis: For extreme stress and anxiety induced by cancer, hypnosis is a good option. It helps calm the mind and soothes the body to relax completely. It also helps in reducing the nausea and vomiting that is often associated with chemotherapy.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda has multiple proven substances, which are known to detox the system and control cancer growth cells.
- Massage: Superficial and deep massage have definite benefits in chemotherapy. This relieves the muscle tension and stress associated with chemotherapy. Specific conditions like bone condition, pain type, etc., have to be taken into account before planning for this. Also invest in a good experience personnel to do this, as wrong hands may cause more damage.
- Meditation: The deep breathing and relaxation that happens with meditation helps control stress and anxiety in people with cancer. The advantage is that it can be done by the person at any time, anywhere, without investing in any equipment.
- Yoga: By combining body movements with relaxation techniques, yoga does wonders for the body. It improves agility, improves mental alertness, controls anxiety, improves metabolism, and is an effective detoxification method. A good yoga instructor can help in designing the right program to get the maximum benefits.
- Music therapy: Whether it is simple listening to music, writing songs, or playing an instrument, music has its healing powers. Having a group also helps as a form of supportive therapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
What is hypertension?
Blood pressure is defined as the measure of force which is exerted by the arterial blood on the arterial blood vessels. Damage can occur if the pressure is constantly high over time. This results in the stretching of the arterial walls beyond their threshold and the tissues of the arteries get damaged. Blood pressure is recorded as a ratio of two numbers. The higher number represents the systolic pressure (used to measure the pressure in the ventricles when it relaxes) and the lower one is the measure for diastolic pressure (used to measure the pressure during ventricular relaxation). Going by medical guidelines, you are diagnosed with hypertension if your blood pressure goes over 140 over 90 mmHg. Not treating hypertension over a long span of time can lead to end-organ damage and ultimately, death.
Other problems associated with high blood pressure are-
Alternative medicines that can help cure hypertension
- BASIL: Basil is a herb that when incorporated in food can make it delicious. It can be added to a variety of food items and cuisines. It can also help lower high blood pressure levels. This is enough reason to add a dash of basil leaves to your food when you cook.
- CINNAMON: Cinnamon is again used as a seasoning in a lot of dishes and there is not much effort one has to take in order to incorporate it into their regular diet. The consumption of cinnamon is seen to be beneficial, especially in people with hypertension. You can make an effort to incorporate more cinnamon in your diet by sprinkling some in your oatmeal, breakfast cereal or coffee.
- CARDAMOM: This seasoning is very common in India, most prominently in the south Indian states. Studies investigating the effects of cardamom have shown that incorporating cardamom in your food for several months has positive effects on the blood pressure by reducing it. You can add cardamom in the form of seeds or powder in your soups and stews. Cardamom goes well if sprinkled on baked goods as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: It may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.