Treatment of Joint Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Infertility
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Kidney Failure
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Treatment of Mental Disorders
Submit a review for Dr Parwana's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Jagjeet Singh Parwana provides answers that are sensible. Thanks for your assistance,i shall proceed as guided by you.
Cancer is becoming the disease of modern times as with changing lifestyles, more and more people are developing this disease. Research has shown up multiple options, but these options are not without side effects. Cases of immunosuppression, weight loss, hair loss, etc., are just a few of them. Therefore, there is constant work being done to identify alternate methods of arresting cancer and preventing it.
While these alternate methods do not help in curing cancer, they definitely help in managing the signs and symptoms of cancer. This makes a lot of sense as even with conventional treatments, beyond a certain point, chemotherapy only helps in palliation and is not a complete cure.
- Acupuncture: This practice of inserting needles at specific points in the body helps in relieving nausea caused by cancer and also helps improve pain to a large extent. However, this should not be used in people who are on anticoagulants and have poor platelet count. Getting an experienced person to do it is also very essential.
- Exercise: The chronic fatigue, which sets in with cancer, can be greatly reduced by regular exercise. Talk to a private physician to identify what would work for you, taking into account overall status and plan accordingly. This will also improve sleep patterns and your overall quality of life.
- Hypnosis: For extreme stress and anxiety induced by cancer, hypnosis is a good option. It helps calm the mind and soothes the body to relax completely. It also helps in reducing the nausea and vomiting that is often associated with chemotherapy.
- Ayurveda: Ayurveda has multiple proven substances, which are known to detox the system and control cancer growth cells.
- Massage: Superficial and deep massage have definite benefits in chemotherapy. This relieves the muscle tension and stress associated with chemotherapy. Specific conditions like bone condition, pain type, etc., have to be taken into account before planning for this. Also invest in a good experience personnel to do this, as wrong hands may cause more damage.
- Meditation: The deep breathing and relaxation that happens with meditation helps control stress and anxiety in people with cancer. The advantage is that it can be done by the person at any time, anywhere, without investing in any equipment.
- Yoga: By combining body movements with relaxation techniques, yoga does wonders for the body. It improves agility, improves mental alertness, controls anxiety, improves metabolism, and is an effective detoxification method. A good yoga instructor can help in designing the right program to get the maximum benefits.
- Music therapy: Whether it is simple listening to music, writing songs, or playing an instrument, music has its healing powers. Having a group also helps as a form of supportive therapy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
What is hypertension?
Blood pressure is defined as the measure of force which is exerted by the arterial blood on the arterial blood vessels. Damage can occur if the pressure is constantly high over time. This results in the stretching of the arterial walls beyond their threshold and the tissues of the arteries get damaged. Blood pressure is recorded as a ratio of two numbers. The higher number represents the systolic pressure (used to measure the pressure in the ventricles when it relaxes) and the lower one is the measure for diastolic pressure (used to measure the pressure during ventricular relaxation). Going by medical guidelines, you are diagnosed with hypertension if your blood pressure goes over 140 over 90 mmHg. Not treating hypertension over a long span of time can lead to end-organ damage and ultimately, death.
Other problems associated with high blood pressure are-
Alternative medicines that can help cure hypertension
- BASIL: Basil is a herb that when incorporated in food can make it delicious. It can be added to a variety of food items and cuisines. It can also help lower high blood pressure levels. This is enough reason to add a dash of basil leaves to your food when you cook.
- CINNAMON: Cinnamon is again used as a seasoning in a lot of dishes and there is not much effort one has to take in order to incorporate it into their regular diet. The consumption of cinnamon is seen to be beneficial, especially in people with hypertension. You can make an effort to incorporate more cinnamon in your diet by sprinkling some in your oatmeal, breakfast cereal or coffee.
- CARDAMOM: This seasoning is very common in India, most prominently in the south Indian states. Studies investigating the effects of cardamom have shown that incorporating cardamom in your food for several months has positive effects on the blood pressure by reducing it. You can add cardamom in the form of seeds or powder in your soups and stews. Cardamom goes well if sprinkled on baked goods as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: It may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.