Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Kora Method Slimming Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Treatment of Ulcer
Treatment of Joint Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Kidney Failure
Sexual Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr Parwana's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
What is hypertension?
Blood pressure is defined as the measure of force which is exerted by the arterial blood on the arterial blood vessels. Damage can occur if the pressure is constantly high over time. This results in the stretching of the arterial walls beyond their threshold and the tissues of the arteries get damaged. Blood pressure is recorded as a ratio of two numbers. The higher number represents the systolic pressure (used to measure the pressure in the ventricles when it relaxes) and the lower one is the measure for diastolic pressure (used to measure the pressure during ventricular relaxation). Going by medical guidelines, you are diagnosed with hypertension if your blood pressure goes over 140 over 90 mmHg. Not treating hypertension over a long span of time can lead to end-organ damage and ultimately, death.
Other problems associated with high blood pressure are-
Alternative medicines that can help cure hypertension
- BASIL: Basil is a herb that when incorporated in food can make it delicious. It can be added to a variety of food items and cuisines. It can also help lower high blood pressure levels. This is enough reason to add a dash of basil leaves to your food when you cook.
- CINNAMON: Cinnamon is again used as a seasoning in a lot of dishes and there is not much effort one has to take in order to incorporate it into their regular diet. The consumption of cinnamon is seen to be beneficial, especially in people with hypertension. You can make an effort to incorporate more cinnamon in your diet by sprinkling some in your oatmeal, breakfast cereal or coffee.
- CARDAMOM: This seasoning is very common in India, most prominently in the south Indian states. Studies investigating the effects of cardamom have shown that incorporating cardamom in your food for several months has positive effects on the blood pressure by reducing it. You can add cardamom in the form of seeds or powder in your soups and stews. Cardamom goes well if sprinkled on baked goods as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Bad breath is a condition that is also known as Halitosis in medical terms. It is mostly caused by the sulphur producing bacteria that lurk around beneath the surface of the tongue. This is what produces the foul odour. These bacteria grow with the help of protein that gets deposited in your mouth, and may develop even faster when there is poor oral hygiene at play. The causes of this protein deposit may include food debris, bleeding, mucus blood, infection and disease in the gums or oral tissues.
So how can you naturally combat this bad breath problem? Read on!
- Oral Care Products: Your very first step should be to change your oral hygiene products like toothpastes and mouthwashes in order to bring in products that are specifically used for fighting bad breath and the related causes or problems. Brushing and flossing at least twice a day, or even after every meal is an absolute necessity that one must not compromise on.
- Fibre Rich Food: It is important to have plenty of fibre rich food as this helps in preventing bad breath or Halitosis since the fibre content is known to flush toxins out effectively.
- Junk and Processed Food: Food that has too much of sugar or artificial sweeteners and food that is packaged and processed with artificial flavourings and emulsifiers, can be bad for the digestive system in general. This kind of food also tends to create bad breath and should be avoided in case you are already suffering from this condition.
- Medication: It may come as a surprise to you that there are certain medicines like antidepressants and diuretics that can lead to side effects like drying of the mouth, which in turn can cause a problem of bad breath. So, it would be recommended to steer clear of this kind of medication for a while until the bad breath problem abates.
- Tea: Drinking green and black tea can be beneficial for people suffering from this condition as both these types of tea happen to contain substances known as polyphenols that can help in fighting oral bacteria and sulphur compounds. Apart from this, one must also drink plenty of water in order to keep the mouth fresh and to help the digestion work in a better.
- Dentures and Braces: If you happen to be wearing dentures and braces, then you may want to clean these regularly and maintain good oral hygiene so that you do not suffer from bad breath.
Bad breath can be a confidence killer and one should get it checked in case it is a persistent and prolonged problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.