Dr. Kanav Gupta is an eminent Ophthalmologist in Panipat who is concerned with confirming the well-being of his patients. He aims at gifting his patients with a better vision. He is a trusted Eye Surgeon who has completed MS in Ophthalmology from NKP Salve Institute of Medical Sciences, Nagpur in 2011 and received a Fellowship in Vitreoretinal Surgery from Narayana Nethralaya in 2013. He happens to be a professional member of organisations like Vitreo Retina Society of India (VRSI), American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO), and All India Ophthalmological Society.
Dr. Kanav Gupta is regarded as one of the most helpful and knowledgeable doctors in the country. He works towards building a nation with improved vision through services like Refractive Surgery, Oculoplastic Surgery, Lasik Surgery Treatment, Retina and Lasik Surgery, Eye Check-up, Eye Muscle Surgeries, Eyelid Surgeries, Oculoplasty Procedure, treatment of Squint and Reduced Vision treatment. Dr. Kanav Gupta is available at Gupta Eye Hospital, located in 332-R, Model Town, near Lal Tanki Market of Panipat, Monday to Saturday, 9 AM to 1 PM, and then 5 PM to 8 PM.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanav Gupta
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Kanav GuptaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Overnite my poor eye sight aggravated. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I thought that post treatment it won't happen again, but then after sometime, the symptoms re appeared. I remember, I read an article of Kanav Gupta in the paper and made contact. I was admitted to the Gupta Eye Hospital in case of emergency, but not once did any of the nurses panicked. I owe him him a big thanks for making me fine again. In the very first sitting, Kanav Gupta clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future.
I saw Kanav Gupta clinic's advertisement in newspaper and that is how we referred him. Never once that I felt that he is getting impatient, rather he has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. My case was quite serious, but he really handled it very nicely. All of sudden I developed this eye infection and didn't know what to do In the past i consulted so many doctors, but nobody was able to help me with my eye infection, but he has helped me immensely. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before.
I am really grateful as his weakeyes treatment has give me a ray of hope. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. The Gupta Eye Hospital is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from weakeyes, but my Kanav Gupta was able to handle it. He is very patient with all his patients.
I was suffering from eye allergy. Everything was just spick and span in the Gupta Eye Hospital. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. It was amazing, Dr Gupta Eye Hospitall was so nicely made. He is a very practical doctor. Dr Kanav Gupta certainly knows the in and out of his speciality.
I was diagnosed with weak eyes. He is very professional and is a really patient listener. I am so much benefitted with his weak eyes treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. The atmosphere in the Gupta Eye Hospital is always so positive and full of life. My case was extremely serious, but he really handled it very nicely.
I am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to Dr Kanav Gupta's perfect otoplasty treatment. On the very first day he identified my problem. The overall atmosphere in the Gupta Hospital is very soothing. He ensures that he listens to his patients. Dr Kanav Gupta was able to totally handle my case.
He is very patient with all his patients. Gupta Eye Hospital has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself after his lasik surgery treatment.. Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured.
He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. I had lost hope, but the lasik surgery given by Kanav Gupta has helped me regain my eye health. I am so thankful that Dr Kanav Gupta has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of conjunctivitis. I owe doctor a big thanks for making me fine again. He is very talented and seasoned doctor. So many doctors I consulted, but hertreatment was the best. Dr Kanav Gupta has expert knowledge in the field.
Dr. Kanav Gupta provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you soooo much fr ur precious advice. .i found d answer to be v helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kanav Gupta to be very helpful. Thank you sir
Eye twitching, tics in the eyelids and spasms in the eye are pretty common. In case of eye twitching, usually the lower eyelid becomes involved. The upper eyelid may also twitch in certain cases. Twitches are not permanent in nature, and they leave after some time. In some cases, eye twitching may last for long durations of time such as weeks or months.
Eye twitching is not a critical medical condition. It is a temporary prickling and irritation in the eyes, which ceases after some time. Common twitching of the eyes is not related to any neurological disorder.
Here are some reasons which cause eye twitches:
- Stress: Every individual goes through some amount of stress, and the body reacts differently in different people as a result of stress. An eye twitch may be caused due to stress, especially related to strain in the eyes. In order to reduce stress you should practice yoga, meditation, perform breathing exercises and take a break. Reducing the stress would also cease the twitching in the eyes.
- Tiredness: Eye twitching can appear when you are fatigued or very tired. Lack of proper sleep makes your body tired, and this might trigger eye twitching.
- You should improve upon your sleeping hours and sleep more.
- Eye strain: Vision problems and any issue related to the eyes can cause stress, which may result in constant twitching in your eyes. Whenever too much stress is imposed upon your eyes, they tend to react and twitching occurs. Any problem would make the eyes put in more effort, which results in strain. You should have an eye check up if you experience an eye strain accompanied by twitching sensation in your eyes. People who use computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones for a profuse period of time experience pain and twitching in the eyes. There is a 20-20-20 rule to be followed while using such devices, which reduces eye strain and reduces itching or twitching. You can also avail special eyeglasses for people who spend a lot of time on computers.
- Caffeine: Intake of an excess amount of caffeine leads to eye twitching. Cut down your doses of coffee, tea, dark chocolates and soft drinks in case of eye twitching and you may observe an easing in the twitching.
- Alcohol: Alcohol also leads to eye twitching so you must abstain from alcohol in case you are having twitching in the eyes.
- Dry eyes: This disorder develops in people who have crossed the age of 50. People who use computers a lot also develop dry eyes, which leads to eye twitching.
Our eyes twitch because of a lot of reasons. You should know the facts right and avoid situations that lead to eye twitching. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
This method is implied for youngsters and people aged below 40 years, who have high power glasses, and are not suitable for lasik treatment. Here, an ultra slender lens of an uncommon configuration and the required force is situated in the eye over the normal lens inside the eye. This lens amends the spectacle force of the eye. ICL (Implantable Biocompatible Lens) is made in Switzerland, and the request for the lens is set according to estimations of the eye.
Here are some facts you should know about ICL:
- Spherical ICL lens redresses only spherical powered glasses. Toric ICL lens rectifies chamber alongside the spherical force of glasses. The main technique for changeless vision rectification that didn't include glasses or contact lenses accessible to patients who are not reasonable contenders for LASIK is the ICL or the Implantable contact.
- It is embedded in the back chamber, behind the iris, over the normal lens of the eye so as to correct the refractive mistake of the eye.
- It offers vision adjustment that is more honed and has more prominent profundity and measurement than other refractive surgeries. Indeed, ICL may create unrivalled visual quality as confirmed by less higher request abnormalities than corneal refractive surgeries. Patients encounter an almost immediate vision recovery.
- The lens is invisible to the eyes of the patient and also other people. The whole surgery takes around 10 to 15 minutes. The lens is biocompatible and made of collamer, a material based on collagen. It contains a UV blocker that forestalls unsafe UVA and UVB rays from entering the eye.
- ICL surgeries are amazingly safe. A few patients may encounter some distress amid the mending procedure like dry eyes or light affectability. These impacts are brief. Your specialist will examine with you the dangers and advantages of the method amid your interview.
Advantages of ICL:
- The lens is foldable and infused through a small, torment free, self-recuperating entry point in your eye.
- The ICL gives very successful results, and fantastic nature of vision. After this treatment, you can leave the clinic following two or three hours, because of fast recuperation. You will have the capacity to make the most of your new sight very quickly and retreat to your dynamic way of life. Your specialist will give you a point by point exhort on this.
- ICL corrects a very large range of visual defects.ICL Is one of the most effective spectacle removal techniques. It corrects your vision instantly after a surgery and lasts quite long. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
I have been diagnosed with ANA 1+ speckled pattern. I have been prescribed tab HCQS 200 mg twice a day. For 2 months followed by 1 tab a day for 1 month. .i hv been feeling a lot of discomfort in my eyes. I consulted an ophthalmologist. .he said its due to dryness in d eyes. N prescribed some lubricant.
What is amblyopia or lazy eye? Amblyopia is decreased vision in one or both eyes due to abnormal development of vision in infancy or childhood. In amblyopia, there may not be an obvious problem of the eye. Vision loss occurs because nerve pathways between the brain and the eye aren't properly stimulated. The brain, learns to see only blurry images with the amblyopic eye even when glasses are used. As a result, the brain favors one eye, usually due to poor vision in the other eye. Another word for amblyopia is 'lazy eye'. It is the leading cause of vision loss amongst children.
The major causes of Amblyopia are as follows:
- Eye Misalignment: The most basic reason for amblyopia is misalignment of the eyes. In case, both your eyes are not aimed in the same proportion or direction, the image from the affected eye is turned off by the brain. Only the better eye functions. Double vision is restricted. The persistence of this defect for a prolonged time, makes the eye lose connection with the brain's visual cortex. Amblyopia develops.
- Imbalanced error of refraction: If the refractive number of both the eyes is not the same, both eyes can't be in the center at the same time. Amblyopia happens when one eye stays out of the center since it is more myopic, farsighted, or astigmatic than the other. One eye becomes dominant. This results in the neglect of the unfocused eye, which neglects to associate with the mind. Treatment with glasses or contact lenses to adjust the refractive blunder of the eye is required.
- Cloudiness in the visual system: Any kind of obstruction or cloudiness in the normal functioning of the eye tissues can be another reason, which leads to amblyopia. Disorder of any kind which blocks a clear image from being focused is capable of blocking the formation of a clear image on your retina. This may lead to amblyopia. This is perhaps the most severe type of this disease.
How to cure amblyopia?
For treating amblyopia, a child must be compelled to utilize his affected, weaker eye. This can be done by correction of any disorder of the affected eye such as refractive error, problems in the retina, etc. The goal is to correct the amblyopic eye. The normal eye is usually covered up by a patch, so that only the affected eye can be used for vision. The patching up may continue for weeks, months or years until the best vision gets restored. The improving eye should be maintained well. Spectacles are also prescribed for correction of errors regarding refraction. Eye drops such as atropine are also used for blurring the vision of the good eye. Amblyopia makes you visually impaired. The earliest symptoms must be perceived and acted upon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
I have heavy eyelids there is so much of fat deposit on my upper eyelids .what can I do to get rid of it? Without any fillers or surgery? Can changing old habits, taking collagen etcc help it? I want to fix it in a natural way.
While it's assumed that numerous eye injuries are inflicted at work, just about the same number of them may happen while at home. Luckily, most eye wounds are preventable. Find ways to prevent eye injuries, as the eyes are very sensitive and delicate.
Here is a list of some of the most common eye injuries and tips on how to prevent them:
- A lot of eye injuries happen from dust particles entering the eyes, causing itching and burning sensation. Protective glasses should be worn when doing any kind of activity in a dusty area with flying particles.
- Pencils, scissors, forks, knives and all similar sharp objects can cause a serious eye injury. Day to day household items like bungee cords, wire coat hangers, rubber bands and fishhooks are capable of causing eye injuries. You must always remain aware and super conscious while using such objects.
- While performing activities such as dusting, sweeping or lawn mowing, make sure to protect your eyes well as dust is involved.
- Children are very curious by nature. Thus, all hazardous stuff like fertilizers, acids should be kept away from their reach. These contain harmful chemicals, which may inflict fatal damage to the eyes.
- Cooking powder and spices like chili powder can cause injury to the eye. Always wash your hands after using these items, so that you don't harm the eyes if you by chance rub them with your hands.
- Precautions should be taken while dealing with heat or boiling water or oil. They may spill and cause damage to the eyes.
- Secure floor coverings and railings. On the off chance that a kid or elderly man lives in your home, use a safety gate at the top and base of stairs, and consider covering sharp furniture edges and corners with a padding material.
- While travelling in a car, abrupt jerking or breaks may cause the head to bump and cause injury to the eye. Always put on your seat belt and do not allow children to sit in the front of a car.
- Many modern toys, which are very attractive have got sharp edges because of their fancy design. Abstain children from playing with these kinds of toys.
- Laser pointers, a common fun gadget for children is very harmful and causes permanent damage to the retina. Stay away from laser pointers.
- Wear eye gear to protect your eyes during sports activities. Also wear goggles during swimming as chlorine in swimming pool water damages the eyes.
Eye injuries may happen out of nowhere. You must always remain alert to avoid eye injuries. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.
My Father is 55 years old. He is regularly having headaches and eye sight is gradually decreasing. He also seems to hear less from one ear. What could be the problem? What is its solution? Whom to consult?
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ophthalmologist.
Anterior most transparent layer of the eye is called cornea. It is an extremely useful layer for refraction and protection of eye.
Any trauma, foreign body or chemical etc can invade the integrity of this layer and can be invaded by bacteria, fungus or virus, resulting in the corneal ulcer. Sometimes, due to hypoxia induced by contact lenses too can result in a corneal ulcer.
Depending on clinical presentation, a doctor diagnoses the cause of the ulcer and starts the therapy. Since the transparency of cornea is very important, a doctor may start with very intensive therapy depending upon the cause and extent of infection. In spite of repeated frequent checkups, if proper and intensive therapy is not given, the ulcer can progress and can cause collection of pus in the eye (anterior chamber) which if not attended properly, can cause the infection to travel into the interior of the eyeball (vitreous chamber) resulting in total blindness. The ulcer can become deeper and lead to perforation of the cornea, causing severe damage to the eye and may require removal of eyeball also.
Generally, fungal ulcers are more dangerous and occur mostly in rainy season or with a minor trauma also resulting from an injury with a vegetative matter like leaf, wood, plants etc.
It is imperative that a case of corneal ulcer be diagnosed promptly and very intensive and proper treatment is given to save the disfigurement of the eye and total irreparable loss - blindness.
At times, with topical eye drops, oral therapy also has to be given. Injections in the eye may also be required in severe cases. Culture sensitivity also has to be done in severe cases to identify the causative organism for proper treatment.
In extremely severe cases, we may have to perform, therapeutic keratoplasty.
Conclusion: Corneal Ulcer is a serious challenging problem with the potentiality to cause total and irreparable blindness and must be attended promptly by a very expert ophthalmologist to save the eye.