Routine Eye Checkup
Computed Corneal Topography Procedure
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Orbital & Optic Nerve Decompression Procedure
Treatment of Leg Length Inequality
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Submit a review for Gupta Eye HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kanav Gupta to be very helpful. Thank you sir
Anterior most transparent layer of the eye is called cornea. It is an extremely useful layer for refraction and protection of eye.
Any trauma, foreign body or chemical etc can invade the integrity of this layer and can be invaded by bacteria, fungus or virus, resulting in the corneal ulcer. Sometimes, due to hypoxia induced by contact lenses too can result in a corneal ulcer.
Depending on clinical presentation, a doctor diagnoses the cause of the ulcer and starts the therapy. Since the transparency of cornea is very important, a doctor may start with very intensive therapy depending upon the cause and extent of infection. In spite of repeated frequent checkups, if proper and intensive therapy is not given, the ulcer can progress and can cause collection of pus in the eye (anterior chamber) which if not attended properly, can cause the infection to travel into the interior of the eyeball (vitreous chamber) resulting in total blindness. The ulcer can become deeper and lead to perforation of the cornea, causing severe damage to the eye and may require removal of eyeball also.
Generally, fungal ulcers are more dangerous and occur mostly in rainy season or with a minor trauma also resulting from an injury with a vegetative matter like leaf, wood, plants etc.
It is imperative that a case of corneal ulcer be diagnosed promptly and very intensive and proper treatment is given to save the disfigurement of the eye and total irreparable loss - blindness.
At times, with topical eye drops, oral therapy also has to be given. Injections in the eye may also be required in severe cases. Culture sensitivity also has to be done in severe cases to identify the causative organism for proper treatment.
In extremely severe cases, we may have to perform, therapeutic keratoplasty.
Conclusion: Corneal Ulcer is a serious challenging problem with the potentiality to cause total and irreparable blindness and must be attended promptly by a very expert ophthalmologist to save the eye.
I am 24 years female. I have headache n pain in my eyes from past one week. I have used headache medicines and itone for eyes for couple of days but haven't got any relief. I work 9-10 hrs daily in office sitting in front of computer. May be that is why I am facing such problem. Please let me know what can I do to get relief from pain.
I'm a 20 year old male. Since last 3 weeks I have partial yellow color in cornea of my eye. And a slight discomfort over my left abdomen slightly above level of umbilical. My water intake had been reduced drastically. I get dark colored urine. On drinking sufficient water urine is back to normal.
I am 21 years old girl. Studying. I have a vision problem. Its difficult to see things which are far from. Me. I don, t want spectacles. So please tell me what should I do.
My baby is 10mths old and he is sneezing constantly. He also has running nose. His mother had cold a day before and seems he is also affected. Could you please suggest home remedies? Or do we require to see a doctor?
Hai sir, My name is s. Anand, I am 29 years old. I am suffering with back head pain regularly. I have long eye sight of 2.00. Pls help me.
Do you spend long hours in front of the computer? If you do, you may be experiencing eye strain on a regular basis. Eye strain is a common problem and is characterised by fatigue, decreased productivity, red eyes and eye twitching. You can get rid of eye strain by making use of any one of these simple tips.
1. Ensure that your workplace has correct lighting
Often eye strain occurs as a result of improper lighting. This can be caused by exposure to bright sunlight coming in from the windows and doors or excessively dazzling indoor lights. You can avoid extra lights by keeping blinds or shades closed and by avoiding high-intensity bulbs or fluorescent lights. Alternatively, opting for incandescent or halogen lighting can be beneficial.
2. Minimise glare
You can install an anti-glare screen on the monitor of your computer to minimise glare. Keep the windows covered to reduce glare caused by outdoor sources.
3. Modify the display settings of your computer
You can modify the display settings of your computer in the following manner to reduce eye strain:
• Brightness-Set the brightness of the display to a level, which equals the brightness of your workplace.
• Text size and contrast-Modify the text size and contrast according to the comfort level of your eyes. For most people, black text colour on a white background ensures minimum eye strain and maximum convenience.
• Colour temperature- The spectrum of visible light, which a colour display usually emits is its colour temperature. Blue light is considered to cause more eye strain. So, you should decrease the colour temperature to minimize the amount of blue light emitted by your computer’s display.
4. Try some eye exercises
You can practise some easy eye exercises to prevent your eyes from getting tired. Try staring at a distant object for 10-15 seconds and then looking at any nearby object for another 10-15 seconds. Return your gaze to the first object. Repeat 10 times.
5. Opt for some computer eyewear while working
Try wearing a pair of computer glasses while working. They ensure that your eyes remain correctly focussed on the computer screen, while reducing strain to a minimum. Computer glasses also prove to be very effective in diminishing glare.
6. Take short breaks at regular intervals
Apply the 20-20 rule to your work regime. After each 20 minutes of work on the computer, give your eyes a 20 second break by looking away from the screen towards any object located 20 feet away from you.
7. Go for a comprehensive eye exam
Make sure that you go for a comprehensive eye exam every year to reduce vision problems caused by computers. This will also help in detecting the root cause behind your problem, so that you can effectively employ curative or preventive measures to control eye strain.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
My eyes becomes red when I worked more than 2 hours. But my eye sight is normal I have checked last month. Any suggestions?
My name is dev kumar and I am eighteen years old. I have problem of my health that some times my eyes are very paining and I can't see.
Before one month. My friend playing cricket unfortunately cricket ball bite his left eye. Itz turn into red colour. Then he consult a doctor. Doctor gave some eye drops. Then eye became normal after some days his both eyes became red colour please help him.
I Have have less night vision, doctors sayd I have -0.75 numbers on both eyes. Is there any chances for reduce this numbers?
I have eye sight and I had a glass of milk, curry leaves and boiled egg for every day but sight is not decreased. Why is solution to it.
I have mine right eye vision low that was 6/9 and my left eye 6/6 what should I do for making 6/6 vision of right eye I don't want goggles any options?
This is the worst time of the year, for your eyes. Pollution from firecrackers, smog due to weather change and generally ever increasing vehicular pollution adds up to be the worst for your eye health.
Protect your eyesight and take care of your eyes by following these simple daily eye care tips.
1. Eat Well: Protect your eyes from within. Eat for good vision. Eat foods that have various nutrients such as omega 3 fatty acids, zinc and lutein, vitamins A, C and E to keep eye problems at bay. Green leafy vegetables, salmon and other oily fishes, eggs and nuts, orange and citrus fruits are great for eyesight.
2. Quit Smoking: For better eye-care leave smoking. This simple activity can make you likelier to get optic nerve damage, macular degeneration and cataracts.
3. Have eye-care routine: Most of us don’t have an eye care routine, which is essential for keeping them fit. So, develop a good eye-care routine. In this routine, practice eye exercises, focusing eyes on a point far away to promote muscle development. Clean eyes everyday with fresh, clean water to reduce eye mites and other problems.
4. Wear Sunglasses: Wearing sunglasses on a regular basis will protect eyes from UV rays and ensure protection. This will help in reducing the chances of getting cataracts and developing macular degeneration.
5. Use Safety Wear: It is important that you regularly wear safety wear problems. For instance, for sports, wear eye protection products, sports goggles or protective face masks.
6. Look away from computer: A lot of us use computers too much for work and recreation. Now is the time to look away from it. Staring at the computer for long can cause eyestrain and blurry vision, trouble focusing at a distance and result in dry eyes as well as neck and shoulder pain with headaches. So, take regular breaks from that computer.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Would you like to share this interesting fact with family or friends? Go ahead and Share!