Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Critical Care Procedures
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Management of Emergency Conditions
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Manual Therapy Treatment
Memory Improvement Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Raj NathYour feedback matters!
I have high blood pressure and and anxiety crisis due to which my doctor has prescribed amlodac and paxidep 25 .I am under this medication for over 2 years .Is it safe ?
Sir, I taken tobacco mix pan masala since last 18 years. App last 8 year my mouth open only one finger. At presently last 6 month I withdrawn all drug's. Any suggest pl reply.
I am having problems in studies. It can't goes properly to my brain. Specially in Maths. Then what should I do or have food.
Hi am 24 year old man. I did not erect my penis till last 8 days. My testtrone level are low. Can this means I did not marriage. I am crying every time. I feel like I came suicide. Can law tastrone level permanent treatment is possible? Please help me sir.
My brother started stammering from 1 year. During speaking he stops eventually in front of someone else as well as family members. Due to this he lost his confidence in himself and now he even do not want to talk to Anyone freely. He fears that if he will speak he will stammer and will be laughed at by others. During stammering he sometimes pronounces a word longer than actual time Or sometimes he eventually stops during speaking and says that the word seems that it will not come from his mouth at that point of time. So I request you to give me suggestion on what I should do for my brother. Thank you.
My husband who is 72 years old has a very bad temper and cannot control it when disturbed He uses fowl language often. He will go into shell for a week or so. What treatment do you suggest for him?
Does extraction of teeth affects on brain? I I have problems in remembering text book stuffs? Please advice.
Unlike what you may think, anxiety is a common emotional response in a situation where we are worried about an outcome. It is, in fact, beneficial to us as it keeps us alert and charged for a reaction. Anxiety disorder, however, comes when you lose control over your reaction and let it take control of your life in a way that disables you from living a normal life.
The first thing to do as a positive step is to accept that you have a disorder. Mental health problems are as big as physical problems. Just like the body needs to be treated to cure a disease, the mind too can be treated to cure you of your problems. The next thing to do is to know what type of disorder you are suffering from to get specific treatment for it.
Connection between anxiety and depression:
Anxiety is not just incessant worrying. It is sometimes an obsessive compulsive disorder that can takeover your life or a terrifying phobia that can prevent you from doing things that are routine for others. Over a period of time, living with such a disorder can take an emotional toll leading to depression. Chance of developing depression in addition to anxiety is quite high. In fact, almost half of all people with major depression also suffer from severe and persistent anxiety. In many cases people suffering from post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and anxiety are also victims of depression.
Symptoms of anxiety and depression disorder
Constant fear and worry
Loss of interest in normal life, hobbies and activities
Insomnia and fatigue with inability to relax
Feeling of sadness and worthlessness
Coping with anxiety and depression disorder
The first and most important thing to know is that both conditions are treatable and patients who get regular care, medication and support from friends and family can come back to living a normal life. Here are some of the treatments available:
1. Medication: Taking proper medication is very important as it acts quickly and is quite safe. Most people do not take medication, such as sleeping pills, fearing they might get addicted to them, which is a myth. Also, medications prescribed by your doctor are safe and specific that is why they have been prescribed.
2. Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT): It is used to first figure out what the cause behind the anxiety or depression. It is then used to teach people to manage their fears, anxieties, and depressive symptoms and also learn how to take control of their emotions. Another therapy used for treating depression is Emotive Behaviour therapy.
3. Lifestyle modification: In order to overcome, anxiety and depression, certain lifestyle changes are required, such as one should exercise daily at least for 30 minutes and eat a healthy diet.
4. Counselling: Counselling helps the person to overcome the oppressive thoughts and cope up with the feeling of worthlessness.
5. Group therapy: Knowing you are not alone with your pains and fears can often come as a big relief. Not only will the patient benefit from joining a local support group, the care giver will also learn how to cope with the developments of the disorder and how they can continue to provide care and support to their loved ones.