Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Management of Smoking Cessation
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Wilson's Disease Treatment
Well Woman Healthcheck
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Treatments For Ringworm
Submit a review for Dr Singh City Hospital And Medical Research Centre Private LimitedYour feedback matters!
The caraway seeds, leaves and roots are useful in activating the glands, besides activating the actions of the kidneys.
The seeds is considered an excellent purifier of body. The seed helps in assimilation of starchy foods.
It also helps in reduction of flatulence.
Foods for healthier bones:
Among the nutrients the minerals forms the important role in building up healthy bones. The minerals like calcium, magnesium, potassium, vitamins like beta-carotene and protein are essential for bones especially knees. Calcium helps in the bones calcification which deficiency causes several bone disorders like osteoporosis, injuries etc. Now let’s have a look on the foods which are very essential for the healthier knee.
Milk: a large study has found that the milk consumption may slow the progression of knee arthritis. Milk is a complete food possessing all the essential nutrients including protein, calcium, all trace minerals and hence it forms the basic diet in all the elderly people who are prone to the development of bone disorders. A glass of milk a day could help stop women’s knees from creaking, claim researchers.
Cheese: cheese contains health-promoting bacteria known as probiotics. These bacteria reduce the inflammation that can cause joint pain. Probiotics are found in bleu and strong smelling cheeses. By incorporating these in your diet, you may reduce your related pain. In addition to that, cheese contains calcium which is vital for bones health. In case, you are allergic to cheese, it may also cause an inflammation that affects your joints.
Tofu: tofu is made from soybean curds is naturally gluten free and low calorie food which is an excellent source of protein, iron and calcium. When a calcium compound is used as a curdling agent, the tofu becomes a good source of calcium, which helps in maintain healthy bones. Soy isoflavones are known to decrease the bone loss and increase the bone mineral density during menopause.
Sesame seeds: sesame seeds are an excellent source of copper, a very good source of manganese and a good source of calcium, magnesium, phosphorous, iron, zinc and molybdenum. The copper in the sesame seeds provide relief for rheumatoid arthritis as it possess the anti inflammatory and anti oxidant enzyme system. In addition, it plays an important role in the activity of linking of collagen and elastin- the ground substance that provide structure, strength and elasticity in the blood vessel, bones and joints.
Green leafy vegetables specially spinach: they are the rich sources of calcium and other bone building minerals and vitamins like vitamin K, folate, vitamin C. Getting calcium from plant based choices is the best decision and a earth friendly choice of being healthy.
White beans: beans are the excellent source of protein which is the building block of bones.
Fishes especially salmon, sardines: salmon and other types of fishes offer an array of bone boosting nutrients. They contain vitamin d which helps in the absorption of calcium and other minerals in the body.
Nuts like almonds: almond has good amount of calcium, potassium as well as protein that play a supportive role in building strong bones.
Fruits like orange, lemon that is rich in vitamin C: fortified orange juice with calcium aids in the bone development in a progressive way.
Dried fruits like prune: researchers say eating prune everyday with calcium and vitamin D can help improve the bone density by slowing down the breakdown of bone in your body.
Health Tips for Children
With pediatric health problems on a rise, it's important you keep a few crucial tips to maintain your child's health. With the help of these tips, you can inculcate crucial habits in your child's lifestyle.
In today's times, health problems like diabetes, cholesterol, and high blood pressure are not restricted to adults, but have become a common phenomenon among children too. The main culprit for this can be attributed to their inclination towards fast food and lack of activity. Kids love to gorge on fast foods like burgers, pizzas, etc., and with the introduction of video games and a host of interesting programs on television, they are more than happy to watch television instead of playing outdoor games.
Due to this lack of activity and no control on the food they eat, many children suffer from the problem of obesity at a very young age, which further leads to other serious diseases or illnesses. Hence, it becomes the responsibility of the parents to teach children important ways to remain healthy.
Healthy Tips for Your Children
The three most important factors that are necessary for the kids to remain healthy include:
- A healthy diet
- Regular exercise
- Proper rest
Habits we learn during our childhood stay with us throughout our life; it is thus necessary that parents teach these three factors to children as soon as possible. However, you do not need to force them to learn these habits; set an example for them by following these things yourself. Let us look at each factor in detail.
Nutrition for a Healthy Diet
At a very young age itself, teach the kids to eat all types of food, like fruits, vegetables, meat, poultry, dairy products, etc. Their meals should be divided into five or six small meals throughout the day, rather than just three meals. Cultivate the habit of eating breakfast as it is said to be the most important meal of the day. Eating a healthy and nutritious breakfast helps their body to develop energy for the physical as well mental activities of the day.
Parents should also see to it that children have a healthy lunch while they are at school. Though there are many schools which provide lunch, its nutritious value is a topic of controversy. Hence, it will be best to pack them foods that are high in vitamins and minerals. Other than lunch, also make sure that you provide them with a healthy after school snack, as this is a time where they are likely to indulge in junk food. Dried and fresh fruits, yogurt, cereal bars, etc., are good choices for a healthy snack. Next comes the dinner, or evening meal, which should be converted to time spent with the family. Eating together at least once in a day will help the parents interact with their children and also to keep control on their eating habits. Talking to them about the nutritional facts of healthy foods is a good way of instilling healthy food habits in children. Though too much of junk food does harm a child's body, there is no need to restrict it completely.
Fitness and Exercise
Indulging in daily outdoor games with friends is more than enough physical exercise for children. Parents should see to it that their kids do not spend their entire time in front of the television or playing video games. They should encourage them to take part in sports and other physical activities like dancing, etc., so that their body gets the required exercise. Arranging games for them and their friends regularly at home, in which they have to run around and play, is a good idea. On weekends, take them out walking, jogging, swimming, or cycling, at least for an hour, and you'll be preventing childhood obesity.
Health and Proper Rest
Rest and sleep are two important factors to keep children healthy. Children require 9-13 hours of sleep, depending on their age group. Lack of sleep in children can cause problems like lack of attention at school, feeling sleepy during the day, poor academic performance, etc. Hence, parents must ensure that their children receive sufficient sleep.
Other than these tips, it is important to teach kids proper hygiene rules like regular washing of hands, brushing their teeth, etc., so that they are not affected by infections. Explain the importance of eating the right food and exercising to your kids. Remember, by doing this you are not only providing them a hale and hearty childhood, but also ensuring a healthy future.
Top tips for aiding digestion
Too much food and drink? Keep these useful hints and homeopathic medicines in mind
- Drink a cup of boiled water in the morning before breakfast. This seems to cleanse the stomach and often works wonders.
- Eat slowly. One of the main causes of indigestion is unchewed food.
- Don’t eat food “piping hot”. Our stomachs are not meant to have hot foods inside them. A useful thing to remember is that if it is hot in the mouth it is hot in the stomach. This includes tea and coffee. Food and drinks that are too hot may disrupt enzymes and injure the lining of the stomach. So, always wait for it to cool.
- Don’t eat on the hoof. Meals should be taken at a leisurely pace. If you eat on the move, there is more chance that digestion will not begin. Instead foods in the stomach and intestine will start to ferment, producing gases that bloat you.
- Avoid eating fruit with the meal. Tempting though it is, because it seems lighter on the stomach than puddings, it is not good at the end of a meal. This is because fruit digests faster than dense proteins, so fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- If bloating is a persistent problem, try simplifying your meals. Instead of having lots of food groups at one meal try separating them. For example, proteins need acid enzyme digestive juices, whereas carbohydrates need alkaline enzyme digestive juices. When you have to break down both types all at once you are not achieving optimal enzymatic action, so some fermentation and gas accumulation may occur.
- Try taking slightly smaller servings and think twice about second helpings. As a good rule of thumb, try to get into the habit of estimating the quantity you allow yourself using “nature’s food bowl”. Cup your two hands together as if you were using them to make a bowl. The quantity of food that would fill that “bowl” should be your maximum at any meal.
- Make sure that you drink enough water. Ideally, hydrate your stomach with a glass of water half an hour before a meal.
I am having a problem with premature ejaculation, besides that my penis size is small. Please help me to get resolved this problem.
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. With the most amazing feeling of being a mother, comes big challenges and responsibilities. The first and foremost being, keeping the baby safe and healthy. Providing babies their best start begins with breastfeeding. Doctors around the world recommend exclusive breastfeeding to begin within the first hour of a baby’s life and continue until six months.
A mother’s milk has no substitute. It is packed with amazing nutritional benefits, the absence of which can lead children at risk of malnutrition and various diseases. Breast milk is often being termed as complete food with added antibodies, enzymes, hormones and fatty acids extremely vital for a delicate immune system of an infant. Babies build their immunity in the first few years of their life and breast milk is critical to developing immunity.
UNICEF working on child’s rights and well-being world over promotes breastfeeding schemes across many countries.
According to UNICEF reports, a non-breast fed child is 14 times likely to die within first six months than an exclusively breastfed child. An estimated 8,20,000 children under the age of five could be saved each year with increased breastfeeding. However, Only 38% of infants globally are breastfed. Looking at India’s state, Malnutrition continues to be one of the greatest challenges. One cost effective, safe and smart intervention to curb malnutrition and decrease infant mortality is breastfeeding.
Let’s now look at the benefits of breast milk for infants and mothers:
- Breast milk is found to reduce the risk of respiratory tract infections, diarrhea, asthma, food allergies, leukemia, diabetes and celiac disease.
- Psychologists have long established the positive effects of mother’s touch in the emotional development of babies. In addition to this, breastfeed has positive effects on child’s cognitive development.
- Breastfeeding has amazing benefits for mothers. It is found to aid weight loss post pregnancy. It promotes better uterus shrinkage and delays menstruation. Lactating mothers naturally avoid pregnancy till they breastfeed. It reduces the risk of breast cancer, cardiovascular disease and rheumatoid arthritis later in life.
- Considering the benefits of this super natural milk, many countries have now adopted an international code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes. The code promotes breastfeeding and restricts marketing of infant formula milk. India along with many other countries signed it.
India has also begun with a baby friendly hospital initiative where hospitals educate new mothers regarding breast feeding and strictly discourage infant formulas wherever possible. The myth of feeding newborn babies with honey, water, sugar does more harm than good. Thus, it is vital to exclusively breastfeed the baby at least for six months before introducing other foods.
Ensure your child’s right to a healthy life through breastfeeding!
What are STDs?
STDs or STIs are infections that are caused by intimate contact that involves exchange of bodily fluids. These are also called venereal diseases and can be caused by vaginal, anal or oral sex. Most of these infections do not show any symptom initially, but they develop over time. The causative organisms can include viruses, bacteria or parasites. The signs and symptoms can be in the form of unnatural vaginal discharges, or penile discharges, or warts and ulcers in the pelvic area.
It is a very serious disease as some of those are not curable, such as HIV/AIDS or Hepatitis-B. Other diseases may include gonorrhoea, syphilis, Chlamydia etc. While there surrounds a stigma around STDs and people may feel ashamed to even go forward to ask for any help, there is nothing to be ashamed of and it is the best to seek medical attention when you feel you may have contracted a STD.
But as we know, prevention is always better than cure. Here is a list of tips that might help you prevent it in the first place:
- Prevention: It is actually the cure to some diseases such as HIV and herpes
- Vaccines: It can prevent you from concurring diseases such as Hepatitis- A and Hepatitis-B. It is advised to get yourself vaccinated before sexual contact to prevent the disease.
- Anti-microbials: Anti-microbials such as Nonoxynol-9 can be used in the vagina to prevent any sort of venereal disease. However, the efficacy of the anti-microbials may vary depending on the efficiency in application and the type of micro-organism.
- Condoms: Female or male condoms can help to prevent venereal diseases tremendously. They help to prevent the interaction of body fluids by keeping a barrier between if used properly. Otherwise the uncovered will still be susceptible to infection.
Ways to use a male condom properly:
- Never reuse a condom
- Always keep a certain space on the tip of the condom for the ejaculation, as it may reduce the incidence of it bursting
- Be careful with the condom, if your nails are long
- Flavoured condoms should only be used for oral sex as the sugar in the condoms can cause yeast infections, if used in the vagina
- Do not wear the condom if it is too loose, it can come off