Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. VarshaYour feedback matters!
How can I reduce my stomach belly? Will lemon honey green tea detox be good enough for this purpose?
I also have a problem of B12 and vitamin D deficiency. I am taking injections and tablets regularly. I walk on an average 50-75Ks / Month. In Jan 17 I walked around 110 Kms, Feb March and April was around 50 Kms. The more I walk, I get tiredness and after taking few B12 injections I am back to normal. Some one suggested to have a Cod-liver oil imported one to consume regularly to over come the issue. I am confused. I am a vegetarian, Please suggest.
Sir, if I use endura mass or other things to gain weight so what is the side effect of these things. And how much time I gain weight by protein powders.
This is regarding my 13 plus years daughter. She is suffering from Dandruff problem due to which her heirs are falling continuously and now heirs are too light. We are giving her Candid 8 lotion and 8 x Shampoo on local doctor prescription but no benefit. Still too much Dandruff n heir falling. She also has thyroid problem due to which she is gaining weight. Please advise what to do?
I lost too much weigh in last two years how to gain it back now my weight is 49 kg & two years ago my weight was 60 kg.
My friend's mother was diabetes patent. Now a from last one month sometimes she has high diabetes level or sometime got high pressure and sometime get fever so I want to know what was the reason behind this pls give some answer.
Many people have a common workout woe that while they are working out for hours they are not losing weight. The reason on a broad sense is simply that you are undoing your workout. Let me explain the reasons here.
1. Calorie overload/dieting - A general opinion amongst a lot of people is that since they are working out, they can binge on their favourite foods. Another group of people are those who workout with utmost sincerity but do not eat post workout. Both are equally harmful and aide fat generation.
2. Not staying hydrated - While working out, our bodies lose a lot of water. Often, we confuse the feeling of being thirsty as being hungry. So after a workout, when one might actually be hungry, one ends up filling the stomach with food. Stay hydrated at all times, especially before and after workout.
3. Drinking alcohol - A lot of people workout during the day and drink in the evening. This is a strict no-no and if not adhered to, you will end up gaining more weight than losing. Usually it is recommended staying completely off alcohol while trying to lose weight because drinks have calories and high sugar content. If abstaining is difficult, restrict the quantity.
4. Not working out enough - Human mind can be fooled very easily into believing what is not. We often believe that we our workout is enough and we don’t need to increase the number of counts, level of difficulty etc. It is good to give yourself a pat in the back, but never too soon.
5. Rewarding yourself - Rewarding yourself after losing every kilo is a very bad idea. Set a big goal and reward yourself only once achieved.
6. Drinking energy drinks - Advertisements promote energy drinks as a must for people who are working out. What they conveniently hide is the fact that these drinks are full of sugar.
7. Not eating enough vegetables - Many people turn to protein shakes and unhealthy foods instead of eating regular home-cooked vegetables which are packed with nutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
Hello I am 21 years old male, I used to smoke cigarettes and marijuana for past 1 year and I lost a lot of weight, I am 50 kgs now and I couldn't stop smoking and I don't eat food on time, also I couldn't stop smoking. Please suggest me the diet plan for gaining weight.
Hello doctor good morning i'm 20 years old. I have hair fall problem and I want to reduce my weight too i'm weighing around 61 kgs. Please suggest me best shampoo to reduce hair fall and improves my hair volume and how to control my diet to reduce weight. And I also want to grow height please help me.
In life one side is soorow and the other side is joy that is the very nature of life - dukha sukha. Touch your heart can you feel your heart beat, check it out and hear it. Hear a child's heart - dukha sukha, dukha sukha. Unfortunately for most adults it is dukha - dukha dukha - dukha. Try to see the humour if we have a sense of humour, we can lighten up the atmosphere of sorrow. So even in difficulties try to find joy and happiness.
Everything in the world is happening according to laws. We may call it the law of action by which we receive the results of our actions. Or we may have to resist that the lord gives everything. God gives the wisdom to bear it. The intelligent solution for a man of action is to accept it with equanimity.
Do your actions do your best learn to accept whatever result comes. The moment you accept the result it stops affecting. Agitation and grief no longer overwhelm you and you are able to plan out the future. Learn to deal with your sorrows, don't cover them or don't run away from them. Take them as a test and challenge, and you will discover a thrill and a sense of pride when you come out successful. Always remember whatever happens in life happens for the best. If you can keep this attitude with you sorrow cannot really touch you.
Ayurveda is an ancient life science that originated in India. It recognises herbs as medicines and Yogic postures as well as lifestyle changes as the supporting factors in its medicinal field. It is called a life science because the basic mode of treatment is done by tweaking one's lifestyle in order to reach the root cause of the ailment, which will be cleared from one's life gradually. Congestion is recognised as the accumulation of too much mucus and fluid in your lungs and is usually born due to an imbalance of the Vata Dosha, as per Ayurveda. This congestion can happen in the nasal or respiratory passages.
Let us find out what else Ayurveda says about congestion:
- Symptoms: The symptoms of congestion include a tickling sensation at the back of the throat as well as the nasal passages, depending on the exact area of the congestion. Also, severe headaches and wheezing along with laboured breathing and tightening of the chest can point at the presence of congestion. In very severe cases, the patient may also complain of blood discharge while coughing, high fever, rashes on the skin, neck stiffness and other such conditions.
- Causes: There are various causes of congestion. While infection, allergy and cold are some of the most common conditions that may cause congestion, it has also been seen that congestion may arise as a symptom of a more serious ailment. Asthma is one such respiratory ailment that causes swelling in the airways, which can give rise to congestion. Also, inflammation of the bronchial tube lining can cause this condition where a greenish discharge happens due to the viral nature of the condition. Pneumonia and tuberculosis are also ailments, which can cause severe and painful congestion.
- Remedies: As per Ayurveda, there are many remedies that can help in treating this condition. One can drink herbal tea all day as the anti-oxidants will help in flushing out all those toxins that are causing a painful build-up of mucus and fluids inside. Also, one can use essential oils like eucalyptus oil for inhalation, steaming and even massages. One must take care not to let this oil touch the hair as greying might happen. Yoga and aromatherapy can also be practiced so as to do away with congestion. Also, the patient can add a pinch of salt to a glass of warm water in order to do a saline water gargle which will eventually clear the air passages.
Taking care of one's diet is one of the most important parts of any treatment in Ayurveda. Ingesting warm liquids like milk and warm food can help in loosening and removing the mucus build up. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I have gained much weight in thighs hip and arms I need to reduce this is in 3 month as I'm not able to wear any kind of western outfits and I don't feel I' m healthy due to this over weight. Please suggest some food that I can consume regularly to loose weight and have a healthy lifestyle. Thank you.
I am 81 years old, male. With random thoughts throughout night, I have disturbed sleep. Whenever I get into sleep, my mouth upto throat gets dry ,requiring me to sip water to quench thirst Numbness of feet and cramps add to my difficulties. What is he remedy please.
What are the advantages of using flax seed (omega3) oil in our diet. Is there is any effects of using it. How to use in our daily routine?
If you are in an area which has a lot of mosquitoes, any fever that is not subsiding in a couple of days is a cause for concern as it can be due to dengue. It is one of the dreadful diseases doing the rounds in the recent years and when someone complains of fever and joint pain problem, the first question we ask if they got checked for dengue. This is caused by a virus that is carried by an infected mosquito.
The blood is made up of 3 types of cells mainly that are in a liquid medium called the plasma. The red blood cells are the oxygen-carrying cells and the white blood cells fight infection and provide immunity. The third type are the platelets, they are smaller than the other two and help in blood clotting. With dengue fever, both the white blood cell count and the platelet count are decreased. Normal platelet count in the body ranges from 1.5 to 4 lacs and in patients with dengue; this can go down to as low as 20,000 to 40,000. This is because of the following:
- Dengue suppresses bone marrow, which is the platelet-producing area, leading to decreased platelet count.
- Blood cells affected by dengue virus damage platelets, leading to their drastic fall in numbers
- Antibodies produced in dengue also lead to massive destruction of platelets
Patient presents with nonspecific symptoms including a high fever that does not subside, vomiting, pain behind the eyes, headache, nausea, and severe muscular and joint pain. The eye pain and the joint pain lead to the suspicion of the dengue fever. Symptoms develop after 4 to 7 days after the bite. The fever lasts for about 5 to 7 days and is followed by a prolonged period of fatigue, joint pains, body pain, and rashes (learn more about Painful Rashes).
For the sake of confirming the diagnosis, the doctor will run some lab tests. These include testing for antibodies IgG and IgM, PCR testing to check the virus and a complete blood count. This will reveal the decrease in the white blood cells and the platelets to a significant degree. Whether or not a person requires platelet transfusion will be decided by the doctor based on the person’s age, immunity levels and severity of the disease.
There isn't a particular level below which a person would require platelet transfusion. In aged people and with people who have other chronic diseases, platelet transfusion may be required even if the blood count is about 50,000. The doctor will decide this based on the patient’s health. The right thing to do is to go for a medical consultation and discuss your situation with the doctor and identify what needs to be done for your condition specifically.