Doctor in Go4Homoeopathy
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Go4HomoeopathyYour feedback matters!
Many types of contraceptives, but especially oral contraceptives, can cause an increase in your blood pressure. Choose them wisely.
Hi Sir, I am not able to feed my child from her birth due to lactation problem. I had taken all lactare medicines too but no use. Need lactation consultant near Dindigul or Palani for this problem.
Hi Sir, I want to become size zero. I am going to walking. But I want immediate result. What do I do?
What is computed tomography?
Computed Tomography is more commonly known as CT scan. It is a specialized form of X-ray. Computed Tomography is a non-invasive diagnostic procedure. CT scan provides concise images of different body parts and can also divulge any internal bleeding or injury during emergency situations. It is absolutely painless and is known to provide accurate information.
How does it work?
The patient is required to lie down on a table which is then passed through an opening, circular in structure. The radiations are rotated inside the CT scan machine for processing the images of the required body parts.
Benefits of Computed Tomography
- Computed Tomography helps in the identification of any benign (tumor) or malignant (cancer) growth in any part of your body.
- The procedure can be conducted for different body parts such as the head, abdomen, spine and chest among many others.
- The images provide much detailed information. It contains information regarding the condition of blood vessel, soft tissue and bones.
- Various bones and muscular disorders are also identified via Computed Tomography.
- Radiation therapy or biopsy can be carried out with the aid of Computed Tomography.
Risk factors associated with Computed Tomography
- If a person is allergic to Iodine (a dye used in the process), then it must be informed to the doctor beforehand to avoid further complications such as itching, nausea or vomiting.
- At times, kidney functions may get disrupted.
- The radiation emitted during CT scan is known to be harmful, especially for children.
- The dye used for conducting CT scan can cause allergic reaction that can be life-threatening.
At times the doctor may advise anti-allergic drugs to patients who are allergic to the dyes used in the process. CT scan is otherwise a very safe procedure for diagnosing various diseases.
Most of us have probably heard of probiotics and prebiotics in recent days, but do you happen to know what they are exactly and how they can be beneficial to your health? If you have some knowledge about nutrition, you will understand the prominence of prebiotics and probiotics, which aids in health improvement.
Prebiotics are non-digestible food components which are natural and acts as an excellent support for the natural growth of useful bacteria in the human body. They are termed as good bacteria promoters. Consumption of the prebiotic food will enhance calcium level in the body, and they are also responsible for gastrointestinal health improvement. There is no necessity to consume separate pills for prebiotic development; they are available in certain food items like onions, garlic, bananas, soybeans, whole-wheat foods, asparagus, artichokes and much more.
Probiotics are nothing but good bacteria which are naturally available in the body and are responsible for repopulation of intestinal bacteria. Probiotics are also responsible for management of bowel syndrome symptoms. Other than these, probiotics will help in the prevention of allergic symptoms, reduction of lactose intolerance etc. Probiotics are available in non-dairy food products like miso, cultured non-dairy yogurts, kimchi etc.
Advantages of Prebiotics and Probiotics
- Reduces the symptoms of asthma.
- Prevents eczema in children.
- Controls the development of colorectal cancer.
- Improves immune system
- Normalizes the bowel function.
- Improves immune system.
- Helps in the digestion process.
- Helps in nutrient absorption.
- Helps in detoxification.
- Improves health.
Other than the above-listed benefits, prebiotics and probiotics offer multiple benefits. Probiotics present in the body will work round the clock balancing both good and bad bacteria within the GI tract and prevents numerous problems like the poor elimination of waste, poor digestion, stress, oral contraceptives, etc. Overall, both prebiotics and probiotics are highly essential for humans to improve their health.
There are many probiotic and prebiotic supplements available in the market, but it is advisable for consumption of probiotics and prebiotics in a natural way by adding probiotic and prebiotic enriched food items to your daily diet.
The heart is a wonderfully designed pump that takes care of proper functioning of the body. There are two separate channels, through which pure and impure blood flows through. Blood flow in these two designated networks is one-sided completely and controlled by valves. There are 2 sets of valves as below:
- Aortic and pulmonary valves which controls blood flow from the ventricles to the aorta and to the lungs respectively
- The mitral and tricuspid valves control blood flow from the atria (upper chambers) to the ventricles (lower chambers).
These valves are meant to be elastic and fibrous and open and close freely to allow for blood flow. Due to various reasons, they can become stenosed (hard and narrow) and depending on which valve is affected, complications arise accordingly.
The aortic valve is extremely important in that its proper functioning ensures that pure, oxygenated blood reaches various parts of the body. Due to various reasons, this valve may not open and/or close properly. Some causes include calcium deposits, advanced age, rheumatic fever, endocarditis, etc. With age or deposits, the valve opening can become narrow and reduce the amount of blood flowing into the aorta. The following symptoms and complications arise out of this.
- The heart needs to put extra pressure to pump out blood into the aorta
- The left ventricle therefore grows thicker
- The symptoms will take a long time to manifest, as the heart will work on alternate measures, but after a certain point, symptoms will show up including chest pain, fatigue with minimal exertion, shortness of breath, and racing heartbeats.
- As the heart has its own compensating mechanisms, symptoms show up when the condition is much serious. Therefore, onset of these symptoms requires immediate medical attention.
Diagnosis: This could be diagnosed with routine medical exam when the heart is being checked or it could only be diagnosed when the symptoms are seen as above. Treatment is easier in the earlier case, and requires more rigorous attention.
Management: If the stenosis is mild and was detected on routine exam, then it needs to be monitored periodically. Surgery is usually not done, unless it is very severe. However, preventive measures can be taken including
- Avoiding over-exertion
- Heart-healthy diet can be taken to prevent further damage
- Reduce sodium intake
- Quit smoking
If the stenosis is severe, then surgery is the only definitive treatment measure. Valve surgery can be either a
- Balloon valvuloplasty – the valve opening is enlarged
- Replacement – valve replacement is usually done as an open heart surgery.
Though aortic stenosis is a serious condition, it is also rare and can be managed by adopting an overall healthy lifestyle.
The fundamental principle of homeopathy is the Law of Similars or 'like cures like'. Homeopathy looks at the general health condition of the person and then prescribes remedies that can stimulate the body to function to its optimum capacity and this can naturally eliminate diseased cells and tissues from the body. The remedies stimulate the body's natural healing procedures without introducing chemicals to kill the disease.
Let us discuss some of the benefits of homeopathy in detail:
- No side-effects: Homeopathic medicines are very safe to consume as they are formulated using natural ingredients. Homeopathic pills are known to boost our immune systems and do not hamper digestion process. They do not cause allergies and suits almost everyone including children, adults and even pregnant and senior patients. National medicine agencies assure the safety and quality of homeopathy medicines as per the requirements of european union legislation and european pharmacopoeia standards. Furthermore, homeopathy medication is completely free from chemicals and synthetic materials.
- Inexpensive and cost effective: When compared to conventional drugs, these medicines are much less expensive. Homeopathy medicines are also sustainable as they can be stored for prolonged periods and reused, if required.
- Long term gain: Studies have shown that homeopathic treatment ensures long term relief, eventually leading to complete cure. It is best known to boost our immune systems and strengthen the body's defense mechanisms alongside curing our diseases.
- Effective and permanent cure: acute or chronic: Homeopathy works like a miracle in both the cases. It treats a disease from its root and thus follows a more holistic or permanent approach to healing a person with least chances of reoccurrence of the disease. Most effective for allergic disorders and seasonal illnesses, homeopathy works wonders for bacterial or viral infections.
The incidence of pain and lumps in the breast is on the rise. Breast cancer has grown in incidence over the years. More women are getting diagnosed with it, and the age at which they are being diagnosed has reduced too. Therefore, preventative checks and screenings have gone up significantly. The number of women diagnosed with small lumps has gone up drastically. The good thing is that since these are diagnosed in the early stages, the treatment is simpler and the prognosis far better than women who get diagnosed much later in life.
In a majority of cases, once a lump is identified the most preferred treatment is removal. This is known as lumpectomy. However, before a final decision is made to remove the lump, there are certain tests that are run by the doctor to confirm the diagnosis and extent of spread.
- A thorough breast exam to identify if this is an isolated lump or if there are more lumps in either breast. The exact shape and size of the lump also need to be identified so that treatment can be planned accordingly.
- Imaging to see if the lymph nodes have been involved. In most cases, there could be spread to the lymph nodes in the armpits which also need to be removed if required. If the lump is too big or too many in number, then a mastectomy may be required instead of a lumpectomy. This requires removal of the entire breast tissue on one or both sides (rarely) along with involved lymph nodes.
Pre-surgery: Once the diagnosis is confirmed, then the doctor will plan treatment. Prior to the surgery,
- Talk to your doctor about your other medical conditions and medications and allergies, if any
- Gynecologic history is very important to be discussed in detail
- Blood thinners have to be stopped prior to the surgery
- Post-surgery care needs to be planned, including a caretaker for a few days and postop care
- Lumpectomy or mastectomy is often done under general anaesthesia
- This requires hospitalization and carries the risks associated with anaesthesia
- The outlined breast tissue or complete breast and surrounding lymph nodes will be removed. The area will be closed using sutures and bandaged
- The wound needs to heal, and so postop care is very important
- For the first few days, painkillers and antibiotics are used to control pain and infection
- As a follow-up, some women may require radiation therapy to contain the suspicious tissue that may be left behind after lumpectomy
- If extensive breast tissue was removed, some women may prefer to have reconstructive surgery done
- Remember that lumpectomy is not a definitive procedure, and there could be cases that require a repeat operation
- Less invasive compared to a mastectomy
- The appearance of the breast is minimally affected, and symmetry is maintained
- May not ensure complete removal
- May require additional radiation therapy
- May require repeat surgery
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Experiencing menstrual cramps for a few days every month is quite common for every woman. These cramps are commonly accompanied with pain. Menstrual cramps are referred to as dysmenorrhea. This is not a very serious health condition, but still the cramps can cause you pain and distress. You can manage the pain caused by menstrual cramps by making some simple changes and starting some practices. They are as follows:
Dietary Changes: You have to make several dietary modifications to manage menstrual cramps. Reduce fat from your daily diet and consume more vegetables. A low-fat diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation in your body. These changes will successfully help you to reduce the severity of menstrual cramps. You have to adopt a well-balanced diet.
Medicines: Several painkillers which fall under the non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory groups are prescribed to relieve pain caused by the cramps. These medicines lower the production of prostaglandin that causes menstrual cramps. Inflammation and pain are relieved.
Consume Green Tea: There are certain green teas, which relieve menstrual cramps. Herbal tea has been used since medieval ages for this purpose. Cramp bark is an effective tea used for this reason. Peppermint oil tea is also considered good.
Fish Oil Supplements and Vitamin B1: Fish oil supplements and vitamin B1 help in naturally treating menstrual cramps. You will get quick and long-lasting relief by consuming these.
Acupuncture: Acupuncture can be utilised to treat menstrual cramps. The nervous system gets relaxed, which increases the flow of blood to the internal body organs. Acupuncture assures effective pain relief.
Massage Therapy: You can undergo massage therapy using certain essential oils. This provides great pain relief and is beneficial for menstrual cramps.
Heating Pads: Heating pads provide efficient relief to menstrual cramps. Topically applied heat is also considered to be effective and pain relief is obtained in a short period of time.
Boosting Endorphins: A boost in the endorphins improves your mood and gives relief from menstrual cramps. Endorphins are released when you work out or have an orgasm. Aerobic exercises and stretching techniques should be carried out regularly.
Boosting Magnesium: Boosting the amount of magnesium in your diet helps in relieving pain from menstrual cramps. You can consume food items rich in magnesium or magnesium supplements.
Menstrual cramps usually do not require hospitalisation and you can self-treat it using simple remedies. However, if the pain experienced due to cramps is very severe and does not go away, you must consult a doctor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!