Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Kumar Verma
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Kumar VermaYour feedback matters!
Throat tightness, shortness in breath, chest tightness, little cough, burps coming sometimes. These are the symptoms I'm having from past 6 days. Please Help me to know.
I am a Type 1 Diabetic for the last 40 years and are insulin for last 38 years. I was injecting 80 units of Lantus Daily at 9 pm the last 12 years but now I am injecting 40 units of Lantus Insulin for the last 5. Years and got my Hb1ac tested last year in October and it was 6.7. Now I have come to know about Tresiba Insulin Kindly advise me that should I switch on to the new insulin Tresiba or remain on Lantus. I feel to mention here also that I had a first MI in 1989 and second attack in 2010. My Cholesterol level tested a month agao was 123 and LDL was 69. Hope your early advise.
Now a days am getting chest pain. Am unable to conclude whether it is due to gastric ,acidity or some thing else. Feeling chest heaviness when gas releases m getting relief can you please help me with this problem.
My father age is 70 years approx and he has 4 blockage in his heart. Where is the free by pass surgery in india?
Sir, I am 32 years old male. My bp is normal and blood sugar level is also normal. I was passing happy married life but now I have performance related stress. I can't keep my erection more than 2 min. After taking manforce I can keep my erection up to 4 hours but view side effects I am not really interested for these medicine. Sir please guide.
My friend is suffering chest pain. His father dead due to heart attack. So he is very tensed about it. He had chest pain and left hand pain. So he said me, the chances of heart attack is very high. I can't face him because of his over tension. How can I help him? can you please help me to relax him? suggest me any exercises to avoid chest pain?
Hypertension or High Blood Pressure (HBP) is a long-term or chronic health condition where the pressure of the flow of blood is always high in the arteries. High blood pressure can develop over many years and affects everyone at some point in life but if not treated for a very long time, it can escalate the risks of a number of cardiovascular problems and chronic kidney disorders.
- Primary Hypertension - High blood pressure caused by genetic, prenatal or other natural causes like aging (people over 60 develop HBP) is known as primary hypertension.
- Secondary Hypertension - Secondary hypertension is that which is caused due to specific conditions, like kidney disorders, lung disorders etc.
Blood pressure depends on the amount of blood pumped by the heart and the radius of the blood vessels. The delicate balance can get disturbed due to a number of factors.
- Primary hypertension may be caused by genetic factors. There are 35 identified genetic loci related to blood pressure. Mutations in these can cause chronic HBP. Other factors like maternal smoking, deficiency of vitamin D, deficiency of calcium, insufficient breast milk consumption also increase the risk of HBP.
- Secondary hypertension is caused by a variety of conditions like hypothyroidism, hypothyroidism, nephritis, asthma, sleep apnea, depression, pregnancy etc. Overconsumption of caffeine, alcohol, sodium and illegal drugs may also be responsible for high blood pressure.
Hypertension may not show any warning symptoms for several years while it continues to develop. A few tell-tale signs are frequent throbbing headaches, shortness of breath, nosebleeds, excessive sweating but these only occur when there is an extremely serious medical complication.
Treatment and Prevention
Hypertension is a common condition, especially after the age of 40. Medication may help control severely high blood pressure to an extent but certain lifestyle changes go a long way in both preventing and treating the disorder. Some of them are:
1. Taking regular blood pressure readings after the age of 25. High blood pressure is defined differently in different age groups. It is not always 120/80.
2. Obesity causes hypertension. A normal body mass index of 18-25, should be maintained.
3. The daily diet should include at least 4 to 6 portions of fruits and vegetables.
4. Salt intake is to be limited.
5. Drinking and smoking are to be minimized.
6. Stress and burnout should be avoided. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.