Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vijay Kumar Dwidvedi
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Kumar DwidvediYour feedback matters!
I have a two years old baby plus work load of my house hold. While I want to study with fresh mind. please give me some suggestions. Thank you.
Hi.As we all know every human being is going to die some day as he or she will grow very old, but whenever I think about this I became very inpatient and my mind stuck with panic as it will happen one day to me and to my mother whom I love the most. Please help me out. I will be always thank ful to you.
Respected, I am 16 year old. I am aspirant of iit. While studying after 15 to 20 minutes I got some pain in my head and after doing study I feel some vibration type in my head, and also suggest me how to increase my IQ,
A neurological disorder is characterized by sudden recurrent episodes of sensory disturbance, loss of consciousness, and convulsions associated with abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
Role of Physiotherapy in Epilepsy
- It helps improve strength, mobility, and increases the range of motion and sphere of movement.
- It helps improve sensory awareness, response, balance, and coordination.
- It helps to improve quality of movement and physical performance.
The Goals of Physiotherapy
- To develop strength enough to support one’s head upright
- To have balance and motor control to maintain their trunk at midline
- To use many different muscle groups
- To assist necessary motion in their trunk and extremities
- The physiotherapists write short-term goals for each of the items on the problem list that need to be covered to help the patient achieve the long-term goals
- To understand what the patient is good at and does well
- To focus on what he or she capable of doing rather than on what they can’t do
- To educate and provide awareness with a view to prevent injury. For example, advice on special swimming equipment to prevent drowning if he/she gets seizures in the pool
Physiotherapy treatment for a healed fracture consists of strengthening muscles that have got weak from being immobilized and stretching muscles that are stiff owing to being in the cast for a long period of time.
Physical exercise improves fitness, energy, and mood and even relieves stress. Improving overall health and wellbeing in this way can help reduce seizures. It can also help people feel more in control of their health. It also helps release ‘feel good’ hormones into the brain, helps keep the muscles active, reduces fat levels in the body, and increases oxygen flow to the brain. It can also increase the bone density. A research showed that regular sessions of aerobic exercise (for example running, walking, swimming, cycling) for 60 minutes, twice a week, for 15 weeks resulted in a significant reduction in the number of seizures they had.
Drink water, diluted fruit juice, or squash while exercising to help replace the fluids and body. Do not exercise straight after a meal.
Team sports or group activities such as walking or gardening groups can also be a good way of increasing self-confidence. Making new friends may help with any feelings of isolation. Most sports, including contact sports like football, hockey, basketball and rugby, have not shown to increase the chance of someone having a seizure, but contact sports come with an increased risk of head injuries, which could affect people with a history of epilepsy. Protective sports headgear helps to reduce this risk. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!