Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Psychiatrists in India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Psychiatrists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Vijay Kumar DwidvediYour feedback matters!
My mind and concentration power is very weak like my friend reads 2 times and I also she is able to write in the exam but I can't I forget whatever I read so please help me out.
The risk of a mental illness increases, if one or more of your family members have a mental disorder, but this increased risk doesn't guarantee that you will develop a mental illness. Not only have some mental illnesses been found to be hereditary in nature, but certain studies have found that some major mental illnesses can be traced to the same genetic variations.
Some hereditary psychiatric disorders are:
- Obsessive compulsive disorder: Obsessive-compulsive disorder or OCD is a disorder of the brain and behavior. A person suffering from OCD has uncontrollable, recurring thoughts and behaviors they cannot stop repeating. Ocd also causes severe anxiety in such people. In 2000, a study conducted by researchers in Washington d. C. And Baltimore concluded that having one or more ocd family member (s) may increase the chances of you developing it too. In 2010, a study tracked down possible chromosomes that may be responsible for OCD.
- Schizophrenia: Schizophrenia is a chronic mental illness that affects and dictates how a person feels, thinks and behaves. Those suffering from schizophrenia may lose touch with reality and experience delusions, hallucinations, thought disorders and movement disorders. It has been seen that people who have an identical twin with schizophrenia are 50% more likely to develop the disorder and those who have one parent suffering from schizophrenia are 18% more likely to inherit the illness.
- Depression: Major depression or clinical depression is a common though severe mood disorder. It is characterized by an episode of sadness or apathy along with other symptoms that last at least for two consecutive weeks. Those suffering from depression may feel helpless and worthless, lose all interest in daily activities or activities they used to enjoy and feel unable to take part in normal day-to-day activities. Other symptoms of depression also include sleep pattern and appetite changes, chronic fatigue, concentration or focus problems and physical discomfort. Some patients with depression may become suicidal.
In 2011, a study pinned down a specific chromosome that may trigger depression development. Research on the hereditary properties of depression within families shows that some people are more prone to develop the disorder than others. If you have a parent or sibling that suffers from depression, you might be 1.5 to 3 times more likely to develop depression than those who do not have a close family member suffering from this condition. You are also more prone to developing bipolar disorder in such a scenario. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
My age 21, I am stammering problem (haklana) I am not go to collage, because I am not speak public, I am so depression, I am 24 hour in room, I am not going my home, any person I am not speak, I am very fear boy, solution plz, I leave study ,I do not choose career, last solution suicide.
I am twenty seven years old. I am not married. Whether it is possible to live with out marring for life.?
I hv diagnosed as General anxiety disorder almost 3 months ego. Right now i'm taking pari cr plus 12.5 daily one tablet. Side by side i'm taking herbal product (supragya) for the same reason. I was on rest earlier and joined office a month ago. The most issue I faced these days is bloating in my stomach. My abdomen always feel fuller whatever I eat and produces gas too much. Also I feel down throughout the day and numbness in my feet. Please suggest to overcome the problem. Is it related to the side effects of the med. Also advice if it safe to take chamomile tea at the same time continuing my medicines.
I lost somebody last week and now I am feeling very depressed and regularly I am having fever what can I do for this?
My friend had one bad habit he doing daily pumping with hand on both room. He try to many time to stop this but he can't control him self at both room what he do to forget that bad habit. And he thinking may any problems facing in future with this bad habit. please reply me this answer as best as.
I want to ask about my son he is 7 year old. His behavior is not good not talked in mannerable way. Never listen and follow to anyone. always jumping shouting making face etc. Never concentrate on one thing. If we did not do whatever he like he shouts hits to everyone. Did not concentrate on his studies too.
Hi. I am 17, I was in love with her from past 3 years it was initially one side from me and later accepted my love during the course of 1.5 th year. Till now she broke up with me for 3 times, which I dealt with and got back but 2months back she said she is completing breaking up with me. And also says she loves someone, but I find it false. Suggest me some tips as a best friend and a doctor. I am undergoing treatment for depression, with good improvement from past 1year.
Dear Ma, am, My age 40, height 5,9',weight 104, waist 42. In 2014 my weight was 84 and now its 104. Whole body hurts, kind of burning, major joint pain, head spins, sudden episodes of sudden angers are coming again. My hate towards spiritual institutions, god, people who preach about god or spiritual practice is on high again. I am getting irritated from everything, any sound, people talking loud. I can not trust anyone. I want to get disconnected with entire world, no one means no one. Bloody lock my self in some place and take sleeping pills and sleep for months. My last ESR count was 87, today morning my fresh ESR Test is done. 25-OH Vitamin D Total value is only 11.43 against the Deficiency range of 20, LDL 132 Below is present condition as of today. Here is my history.
Hai i'm addicted spasmoproxyvon since last 6 years. I'm addicted of this pill. Now I want to leave it but i'm unable to leave. Kindly suggest.
I don't like my life and myself, I didn't do what I want to do, I am in depression. I am not liking my life at all.
5 Ways To Remove Stress Instantly
Feeling the blues once in a while is natural for the kind of hectic lives we lead. But feeling stressed and burned out deeply affects on our body, mind and soul. When you feel stressed, you need to take measures that can help you cope up. Something as simple as saying ‘I love you’ in the mirror once in a morning turns around the way you approach your day.
Try these stress reducing tips to rejuvenate yourselves immediately.
1) Meditate- Its the best way out. It eases anxiety, which is the culprit behind those stressed out moments. All you have to do is just close your eyes, focus your attention on positive thoughts or repeatedly chanting 'Om' which has a vibrational impact. Don’t let negative thoughts distract you.
2) Inhale Deeply- There are several occasions when you might not be able to mediate. In such a case, simply start to inhale through your nose, bring it to your abdomen and let it make way through your body slowly. Deep breathing can also reduce the instances of blood pressure.
3) Laugh Out Loud- Laughing can reduce cortisol, a hormone responsible for stress. You can watch your favourite comedy show, a sitcom or simply look for a few videos online.
4) Listen To Music- Simple but effective. Listening to music can lower your blood pressure, heart rate as well as anxiety. Go ahead and create a playlist of your favourite songs or music. And if you fancy, try to sing on the top of your lungs too!
5) Exercise- Exercising has too many incredible benefits. One of them is easing depression and anxiety. Deal with stress by exercising a few minutes every day. Ideally, 30 minutes a day is what you should aim for.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.