Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V V KrishnanYour feedback matters!
RESPECTED DOCTOR, my mother aged is 70 years. Already one kidney completely failed. But yesterday she took blood test urea is 28. Creatinine (1.2 and now. 6 after Ayurveda, egfr is 53.5ml/mts per 1.7m2. But after taking usg doctor told 50% function reduced, because of renal medical disease. Her potassium, sodium, chloride, bicarbonate, aniangap level is normal. Microalbumeneria 19.2. Does she will cure from this problem Now she is taking medicine for bp-cilnidipine5mg. Because she is having bp 180/100 past 8 months on wards. But now it has controlled 100/80. Also, she is having urea problem past 10 years. That is also controlled condition. Her weight is 80. Also, she is having arthritis, nerve weakness from her early age itself. Doctor told her urea, creatinine is normal. They told to continue the bp medicine. Past 1 month on wards her bp is 100/80, 110/70, 95/70 Now she is taking ayurveda medicine for kidney reviving nephrons. Just 3 days back, we have checked her sugar range in glucometer shows 114 before meal & after meals 180 (half an hour), 210 (another half an hour, 230 (another half an hour, 255 (last half an hour). We don’t know how it came and raise sudden. Now, for 3 days she is taking diabecon this morning one before meal and evening one before meal. Now, glucometer showing 114 before meal & after meals 180 (half an hour), 230 (another half an hour, 210 (another half an hour),(130 to 180-last half an hour. Kindly advise me what to do. What is the reason of sudden spike. How many tablets shall I take per day (diabecon ds-himalaya herbal product. Is there any excellent ayurveda tablets compared to diabecon ds (Himalaya product) without any sideeffect. Presently mother is taking ayurveda for kidney reviving pack. From that, moti pikshi (natural pearl rose water powder) is there. Will this elevate sugar level. After 15 minutes walking, she is having lower back pain and leg pain. But after rest, there is no pain. Is this pain related to kidney. Please advise me. She is having kidney stone, ulcerative colitis, urinary infection, constipation, cholesterol also. 3years back she took treatment for mild fatty liver problem Will she get cure doctor according to the blood test report. Also, please requesting you that her another kidney will go back to normal. Please advise me, how long she will survive by gods grace?
Will my coronary bypass surgery be performed with the use of a heart-lung machine, or will it be performed while my heart is beating? What length will my chest incision be?
I have taken up a preventive test and few items are inbred, please help interpret the report Cardiac Risk Makers:- apolipoprotein -A1 (APO-A1)-97mg/DL apolipoprotein -B (APO-A1)-97mg/DL High Sensitivity C Reactive Protein (hs-CRP)- 8.81mg/L APO B/APO A1 Ratio: 1 Liver apart amino transferase (SGOT)-38.5U/l Alanine Transaminase (SGPT)-52.7U/l Please note I have diabetes 2 and its avg of 140 I am on no medication from past 1 year.
I am having pain at the centre of the chest portion every time while ingesting food. And It has become regular now a days. I want to know the reasons which could be behind it.
Cholesterol - Cholesterol is a dense, fatty substance that found in every cell of your body. It circulates throughout your bloodstream in little bundles called lipoproteins, interior of its is composed of fat, while proteins forms the exterior walls.
Types of cholesterol -
1) Low density lipoproteins (ldl) - its considered as a bad cholesterol form, it enables cholesterol to create plaque that build up and harden on the walls of blood vessels.
2) High density lipoproteins (hdl) - it is the good cholesterol, because it helps to reduce ldl levels. Hdl helps to transport ldl cholesterol to your liver, which removes it from the body.
3) Triglycerides - another form of fat in your blood that can raise your risk for heart disease.
4) Very low density lipoproteins (vldl) - it is a type of blood fat. It's considered one of the bad forms of cholesterol, because this can clog your arteries and lead to a heart attack.
Causes / risk factors -
* cigarette smoking.
* food that contains highly saturated fat and cholesterol can raise your blood cholesterol levels.
* hereditary / genetic factors.
* lack of exercise / low physical activity.
Normal values of cholesterol in adults -
* total serum cholesterol - 130 - 250 mg/dl
* ldl - 60 - 160 mg/dl
* hdl - 30 -70 mg/dl or
* serum triglycerides - 0 - 170 mg/dl
Prevention and treatment of high cholesterol -
Lifestyle changes -
* exercise - do 30 - 45 minutes a day of moderate cardio. It will help s to lose weight and boosts your hdl levels.
* diet - eat more fibers, eat healthy fats i. E. Nuts, olive oil, avocado all have fats that won't increase your ldl, limit cholesterol intake, i. E. Reduce high saturated fat foods like cheese, whole milk, red meats. Choose fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, low fat or nonfat dairy products, fish, eat low salt diet.
* quit smoking, limit alcohol and caffeine consumption.
* do practice relaxation and breathing exercises.
* garlic - it helps to reduce high cholesterol. In the morning take a small piece of garlic and crush it and take with glass of water. The garlic contains allicin which helps to lower high blood pressure and prevents blood clotting.
* drink 8 - 10 glasses of water, per day.
Homeopathy treatment for high cholesterol - the goal of homeopathy is to lower high cholesterol to desired levels to prevent heart diseases.
1) Allium Sativum - for lowering high cholesterol + made from garlic, s so it helps in eliminating the excess cholesterol from the body by raising vitality of the patient + increased appetite, craving for meat + suffers from acidity symptoms.
2) Calcarea Carbonica - reduces high cholesterol in fat or overweight persons + excessive craving for boiled eggs + sensitiveness to cold air and continuous perspiration on scalp + palpitations also be complained at night or after having meals.
3) Crataegus Oxyacantha - acts as a tonic for heart muscles that have become weakened due to reduced blood supply to heart + dissolve the cholesterol deposits in arteries + difficulty in breathing after even the slightest exertion.