Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Submit a review for Dr. V V KrishnanYour feedback matters!
I am 65 yrs old having sr. Creatinine and sr. Cholesterol 1.2mg/dl and 210mg/dl respectively. Please advice me to bring down the levels.
I am an old of 73 years. At present feeling a respiratory trouble & a mild pain on left chest, most probably due to 1st stage of Angina. I take medicine for BP e.g. Espin-AT & Losium-50 and for ear blockage I take Trinerve Cap, Gincoba Tab, Relent Tab. What should I do for my chest pain? Please help me.
If LVEF IS 45%, DOES IT MEAN THERE WILL BE BLOCKAGES. IS CT ANGIOGRAPHY AS GOOD AS REGULAR ANGIOGRAPHY.
I am 35 years old male and have following problem1) blood pressure2) cholesterol 247 triglycerides 298 hdl 35 ldl 152 vldl 603) uric acid 9.24) RBC 4.39 MCV 107 MCH 34.5Doctor recommend me----1) Seloken xl 2) Olmark 3) Atchol f 4) febustat 40Please help me.
My mom has b. P. Problem and it's fluctuate lower side to higher side. Sometimes BP is 60/90 and when took coffee for dis, it goes like 155/210. We consult to many doc but no favorable result.
I'm a 32 year old, I'm a regular smoker, but not a chain smoker, but few days I've suffer chest pain in my left side, what should I do.
I am a patient of high cholesterol since last 10 years ,which is the best diet to be healthier with less medication and average fitness routine.
I am 67. I remained for 11 days in AC in day & insight under fan at a temp. 30 degree after that have pain in throat & pain in front of chest at the joining point of both sided of ribs. Some time I feels fever. I like sweets much.
My orthopedic doctor prescribed me Neuro Q10. MY family doc also given Roseday 10 mg and Volanz for increased Cholesterol. My age is 41 and I am working women can I take this medicine along with each other.
My brother has HDL cholesterol 36mgms/100 ml does it is bad for him . If bad then please tell me the precautions to make it good.
I am suffering from cough from last three weeks I also have a pain in chest I am suffering very bad please suggest me what should I done?
Dear cardiologist sir yesterday I met cardio doctor and he prescribed 01 tab. Prolomet xl 50 in a morning after meal Sir this tablet side effect or any other issue please solve the problem.
Most people associate fibre to be good for the digestive system. It helps to add roughage and therefore helps in avoiding constipation. When we dig deeper, the fibre seems to do good not just to the stomach but to the heart as well. Those who are prone to develop heart disease should make an attempt to include more fibre in their diet and reap the rich benefits it offers.
There are two classifications of fibres
Dietary are found in diet products and functional being added fibre through various food supplements. Soluble and insoluble fibre, based on their solubility in water. Most foods contain some amounts of both. The insoluble one has more digestive benefits, as it adds to the roughage. Both types have cardiac benefits.
Read on to know some of the cardiac benefits of fibres.
- Reduces cholesterol: There is good cholesterol which is essential for the body, and there is bad cholesterol causes heart disease. What fibres do is reduce the amount of bad and overall cholesterol in circulation. The fibre binds to the cholesterol and removes it from the body, which otherwise would get into circulation and lead to plaque formation and heart disease.
- Reduces blood pressure: Because the cholesterol does not circulate in the blood stream, the blood is not as viscous and therefore the vessels exert much less pressure to allow for free flow. A diet change to whole grains can show a marked difference in people with hypertension.
- Weight management: Eating fibre means more bulk and fewer calories so that a person feels full after eating smaller amounts. This is a great way to lose weight and bring preexisting heart disease under control.
- Stroke prevention: The circulating cholesterol usually gets sluggish and settles down along the walls of the blood vessels. This attracts more cholesterol, which eventually forms what is knowns as plaque. When this plaque attains a considerable size, it gets dislodged, circulates in the blood stream, and can reach any of the vital organs. When it reaches the heart or brain, it can lead to heart attack or stroke. By removing the cholesterol which leads to all these complications, fibre reduces the incidence of stroke and heart attacks.
- Management of diabetes: Blood pressure, increased weight, and heart disease all are predisposing factors and have common contributing factors as does diabetes. Controlling all these helps in prolonging the onset of diabetes and reducing its severity too.
High-fiber diet mainly reduces cholesterol which helps in multiple ways to maintain not just a healthy body but also improves the overall quality of life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cardiologist.