Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Intra - Arterial Thrombolysis Procedures
Treatment Of Restenosis
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. V V KrishnanYour feedback matters!
He is 70 years old already taking Rozustat 20 medicine for cholesterol as per last report ldl cholesterol count-65. But I just checked through Lybrate. It is showing hdl cholesterol-19 Ldl cholesterol-75 & ratio is 8 & 4 respectively. .pl. Suggest he will continue same medicine or any changes. Pl. Confirm.
For last three years I am facing chest pain. Pain near my heart continuously. I also have acidity problem now and then. I consulted 4 different doctors in this period. I also got my ECG done before 2 year that was normal. I consulted to heart specialist also but every Dr. said that you do not have any heart problem but this pain is due to anxiety and acidity. I do not know how can it be anxiety. I do not think too much about anything and I do not have any fear or anything like this. I do not smoke. I am not alcoholic. I am not fat. I am 29 year old boy. My height is 5'5" and weight is 62 kg. The period in which I take medicine as prescribed by Dr. I feel normal but as soon as I left the medicine chest pain starts again even without acidity. I am very confused why I feel this pain. Can it be angina? I want to get rid off this pain. Pls help. Thnx in advance.
My father 51 years old suffering from low b. P and depression since last three years. He is very weak due to this. Please prescribe?
I have acidity problem. Due to this have feel irritate and uncomfortable. And feel like someone burn and fire in my chest so please solve my problem immediately thanks.
My wife is 32 weeks pregnant n before ten days she gone to check up her hb n bp r normal but since from 5 days her legs r bit swelling completely (complete legs) bit of back pain too other than that she is normal wts the problem bcoz bp n hb both r normal so. please suggest.
I want to know about ct scan of chest What is the difference in male or female ct scan? What was the position of patient?
For blood pressure I am using telesmartin 40 mg and amlodipine 5 mg Can I reduce the dose either of two or both of the tablet I am using in future.
Dear sir I am Krishna 24 years old my weight was 82 kg. My weight was no change in last three years. Can I check my sugar, cholesterol level in my blood?
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.