Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Treatment of Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Nail Surgery Procedures
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shrinivas T.SontakkeYour feedback matters!
Can diabetes medicine and hypertension medicine be taken together? Do they cause any side effect if taken together at once?
I feel bad sensation (anxiety) of nervousness at time to sleep in to the head, my focus would be goes to heartbeat as well. What kind of precaution you advise to me?
I am 21 years old I have problem in my periods I get periods on 18 April then it delayed on next month and periods come on 23 may and on 23 may I have sex without precaution on the 1st day of mensuration and now its 28 june but periods are not coming please help me out as soon as possible.
I am 23year old. From past 2 months I am suffering with heavy periods. Lasts 15 days and more. What should I do?
Continuous cough from 2 years, used all cough syrups and went through all the tests but nothing is found, can you suggest a good syrup for it or any other suggestion for it.
I am suffering from knee joint pain due to reduced cartilage. Can you suggest me suitable diet restrictions taking into regard of my medications for diabetes and bp.
I am 25, my left knee seems to be a kind of weird. Sometimes I get sudden pain during walking. If I'm running or walking fast, it gives some sudden pain and movement near the knee. Movement meaning, it feels as if the knee is going to break. I had this pain since a year. Earlier it was normal, but these days its getting often..Can you help me out here?
Have a bank job that requires me to have 50% time travelling. But am having a shearing pain in my gums for the past 5 days. Unable to sleep or chew without pain killers. Kindly advice.
Everyone loves a thick luscious mane of hair, which is shown on television commercials. To be able to flick around shiny healthy locks, you may have tried the best shampoo brands, made frequent visits to the parlour and consulted the doctors several times. However, did you know that the best nutrition for your hair comes from the food you eat daily? Thinning hair, reduction in hairline, excessive hairfall resulting in an undesirable physical change, can be a major cause of frustration and low self esteem. Healthy and hygienic lifestyle, sufficient sleep, adequate water intake and exercises along with a balanced diet help to promote the growth of hair.
Important nutrients necessary to boost hair growth and volume:
- Most of the hair is made of protein and therefore it is of utmost importance to include proteins in the diet. Protein cells are building blocks for hair and strengthen your locks.
- Vitamin D leads to a healthy scalp and activates the growth of hair follicles.
- Biotin (Vitamin B7) leads to the synthesis of an important hormone known as Keratin which forms the fibrous part of hair.
- Inadequate Folic acid in the diet can cause a reduction in cell division and lead to premature greying of hair.
- Vitamin A and C help to keep the scalp free of dandruff. They lead to the production of sebum that nourishes the hair strands and prevents split ends. Split ends can lead to the breakage of hair, eventually turning your precious mane into a rough, dull and unmanageable one.
- Omega-3 fatty acids improve blood circulation to the hair roots, promoting shine and health of hair.
- Iron and Zinc prevent breakage and damage of hair. They contribute to strengthening of hair roots.
Some of the best food items recommended for maintaining healthy hair:
- Carrots, Whole grains, Legumes and Lentils, leafy green vegetables, fruits: Carrots are rich sources of Vitamin A. Carrots have several advantageous effects on the human body, mostly showing remarkable improvement in eyesight and hair growth. Carrots can be eaten in a salad, boiled or lightly tossed in the pan in just a few drops of oil and beneficial spices for added flavour. Carrots can also be made into carrot juice and consumed on a regular basis. Vegetables, fruits and legumes are rich sources of iron, zinc; vitamins that are essential for hair maintenance.
- Lean Meat and Eggs: Eggs and lean meat are rich sources of protein. Egg whites do a commendable job when it comes to promoting hair growth. Egg yolk and the egg whites are known to remarkably condition the hair and benefit damaged hair when mixed with a natural hair pack before shampooing it off. Egg protein is beneficial, whether consumed or applied externally. It must be made a vital inclusion in your diet.
- Oatmeal: Known to have multiple benefits, it must make a way into your diet chart, if you are looking forward to healthy skin, hair and the perfect body weight. Oatmeal applied externally can condition and clean the hair, reducing itchiness of the scalp. Oatmeal consumed in breakfast daily can help to control hormonal imbalance that leads to excessive hair loss. It can also play an important role in controlling genetic alopecia.
- Walnuts and Almonds: The “W” of Walnut can also stand for Wonder nut. This nut contains all the necessary vitamins that activate the hair follicles and increase the volume of hair. It contains, iron, zinc, Vitamins B9, B6 and B1, healthy fats and adequate protein. Almonds are as beneficial as Walnuts, containing all the basic important nutrients needed for your hair. A handful of walnuts and almonds daily will zealously guard your hair for a long, long time.
- Green Tea and Dark Chocolates: Rich in anti-oxidants, green tea is beneficial both when consumed internally and applied externally. The hair can be washed with green tea to remove and prevent dandruff. Dark chocolates are also rich sources of anti-oxidants. Now that’s a delectable way towards healthy and happy hair.
- Fish: Salmon, Mackerel, Oysters are excellent sources of Omega-3 Fatty Acids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.