Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Unani Specialists in India. You will find Unani Specialists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Unani Specialists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Gestational Diabetes Management
Treatment of Mellitus
Percutaneous Nephrolithotomy Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shazia Hussain KhanYour feedback matters!
I want to gain weight because I am very thin so please help me to gain weight as early ad possible and I pure veg. Thankuuu.
I am now 25years old, but my body is not of 25, I am very slim and also not fell healthy, so please sugest me some keeps.
Hello, I wish to seek opinion from a Nutritionist /Dietitian. My query is regarding by friend. She is very thin and does not eat well. She also does not feel hungry and is unable to consume the quantity of food that a normal adult consumes. Consuming a small amount of food makes her feel full. She is 28 years old, height: approx 5 feet, and her weight is 36 kgs. She feels tired frequently and also gets low BP and anxiety. Since childhood, she has a thin built. She gets backache if she tries physical exercise. What can help her gain weight and improve her appetite?
I am 35 years old woman. My menstrual period cycle become irregular. I had thyroid test but its normal. My last period date was november24th 2015. What is the cause for my irregular periods. My weight is 55kgs. Height 5.4.
I have a physical test for delhi police s.i. I want to race in the test. I want to increase my stamina. Please give me some advise of it.
Sir, I am suffering from energy from past 2 week. Can you suggest me what to consume aand what to not.
Hi doctor, I am not eating properly due to some problems. I would to take supplementary food like nutri gain, weight gain products. This is good or not, if take this we have any side effects. Pls help me. THANK U.
I am 21 years old, severely suffering from ring worm on buttocks and around anus at night times severe itchiness comes. So what is my problem what should I do now?
1. Cuts Risk of Cancer
2. Protect against skin disorder
3. Increases metabolism
4. Stay Young
5. Control Blood Pressure / Cholesterol
6. Tea is naturally rich in antioxidant & hence helps to reduce the harmful effect of stress, Pollution, smoking, etc.
7. Preventing damage to healthy cell and tissue
8. Good for Brain power , Lungs , Liver , Bad Breath , Immunity & Bone
What should I do to be fit and strong? If I do dieting I am getting exhausted and tired very often. Please help me with this.
Hallo doctor, I am a 22 year old girl and my weight is 40 k. G which is very low respect to my age. I took dairy products also but nothing helped. Please suggest what should I consume and how can I increase my weight? Also my height (4 ft 11) is short, Tell some procedure if I can increase my height.
In India, especially the urban centers, obesity or even being overweight is becoming a new epidemic. The increases in consumption of fast foods, sedentary lifestyles and stress have increased the incidence of this problem. This has in turn, led to an exponential increase in the cases of diabetes, heart diseases and blood pressure among a host of other problems.
The Ayurvedic approach
Ayurveda is a discipline, which has been practiced over many millennia and contains the collective wisdom to effectively treat problems of obesity or being overweight without side effects. According to Ayurveda, the body is made up of 7 elements or Dhatus:
- Rasa (Lymph)
- Rakta (Blood)
- Maans (Muscle)
- Meda (Fat)
- Asthi (Bones)
- Majja (Nervous system)
- Shukra (Reproductive System)
However, if you are overweight then it means that due to an imbalance of the ‘Kapha’ dosha, you are accumulating more ‘meda’ or fat. Ayurveda has some very effective actions to prescribe through which you can lose weight very effectively. Some of these tips are mentioned below.
- Drink a mixture of lemon, honey and water first thing in the morning: Drinking a mix of lemon, honey and water helps to jump start your metabolism and boost your digestive system. Drinking this regularly over a period of a few months and would help reduce your weight very quickly.
- Meditate for at least 10 minutes a day: This is a very important step as meditation helps relax your mind, muscles and nerves and reduces stress. This enables you to take better decisions throughout the day. It also controls your appetite thus stopping you form binge eating. Meditation and relaxation have also been shown to contribute to weight loss by keeping the metabolism regulated.
- Do at least 30 minutes of exercise: It is important that you do at least 30 minutes of exercise daily as it would regulate your metabolism and help you to keep burning fat throughout the day. Incorporating light yoga along with a brisk walk is possibly the best way to safely and easily lose weight. Some of the easiest poses to lose weight would be
- Dhanurasana or Bow pose
- Setubandhasana or Bridge pose
- Bhujangasana or Cobra pose
- Vakrasana or Half spinal Twist pose among many others
- Consider your diet according to season: According to Ayurveda, you should be careful about what you eat during the various seasons as this will ensure maximum nutrient absorption without the deposition of fat.
- Eat three meals a day, not more: According to Ayurveda, you should have three meals a day without any snacks in between. Have a heavy breakfast as that tends to set the tone for the day, followed by a comparatively light lunch and an even lighter dinner. This is because your digestive system functions most effectively in the morning, fairly fast at noon, but it is the most sluggish at night.
- Go to bed early and rise early: This is often propagated as disturbances in the Circadian rhythm or the natural sleep and waking cycles are a big contributor to weight gain. Once this is properly regulated, it could result in weight loss because of your body metabolism being properly regulated.