Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shailaja Shinde
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shailaja ShindeYour feedback matters!
I M 5 Month Pregnant meri teeth me lagbhag 8 month pehle half kidey ne kha li thi us time me doctor ke pass gayi thi to usne lagbhag 15 din dawai kane ko di. But jab maine conceive kar liya to me nahi gayi. Us time mujhe koi pain bhi nahi thi but ab pain bhi hota hai or teeth me khana atak bhi jata hai. Usi row me upper side me ek teeth me black kide lag gaya hai me 2-3 din se pareshan hu khana chabha ke khane me taklif hoti hai of side me atak bhi jata hai plse bataye me kya karu actually kisi ne bole the dentist hard medicine dete hai jis se baby pe effect hoga. Kya me clove oil laga sakti hu us se koi farak padega ya dentist ke pass hi jana padega. Agar aap hi koi medicine bata dete to thanks.
I am 20 years old girl. I am concerned about my menstruation as they got delayed by 20 days. Maybe this happened due to malaria medications which I took for about a week for minor malaria. I am not sexually active. Please help me to get my periods as soon ae possible.
My friend had a sex with his boyfriend n they dont had used the precautions n now the periods are not on the time But they are confirmed about the sperm is not released inside so can you please tell me any solution for it.
Libido or sex drive means the desire to have sex; there are a number of reasons that can lead to low libido. There are a number of methods by which you can increase your libido, some of them are:
- Exercise: Exercise is one of your major weapons against low libido; make sure to exercise on a regular basis as it helps in improving circulation in the body. Do various exercises such as squats and push-ups to improve your strength and endurance. It is known to increase production of sex hormones and endorphins in the body.
- Limit Smoking: Smoking cigarettes causes complications in the body as it is known to be a vasoconstrictor. The blood vessels tend to narrow, thus leading to damage in the arteries and veins. The veins of the penis may be damaged leading to sexual problems.
- Stress Reduction: You may adopt various techniques such as meditation and yoga to reduce stress levels in the body. Stress raises cortisol levels in the body which can hamper your sex life.
- Sleep: You need to sleep adequately and sleep sound as sleeping deficiency has been linked with erectile dysfunction. Sleep also revitalizes your body and releases beneficial hormones in the body.
- Restrict Alcohol Consumption: It is important that you restrict alcohol consumption as alcohol in excess may lead to obesity and other related disorders. It may also lead to mental health problems such as anxiety which can impair sexual drive.
- Cut Down on Coffee: Coffee is a known vasoconstrictor as it tends to narrow your blood vessels. It limits blood flow, thus may reduce your sex drive. Make sure you limit coffee intake to 1 or 2 cups of coffee to avoid the complications.
- Diet: Include plenty of vegetables and fruits in your diet to get the necessary nutrients in your diet. Vegetables such as cabbage and broccoli contain antioxidants that protect your body against free radical damage. Include oily fish such as salmon that is rich in omega 3 fatty acids because they help in improving sexual drive.
If anyone is pregnant an we want to make the baby beautiful smart intelligent than we can do something or not.
All of us lead extremely busy lives and amidst all this chaos, we tend to indulge in certain detrimental habits which drastically drain our physical and mental energy levels. So if you are constantly feeling down-and-out, make sure to steer clear from these seven troublesome habits.
1) Not drinking enough water - Loss of water is closely associated with thickening of blood which greatly decreases the rate of oxygen exchange, ultimately leading to low energy levels.
2) Using electronic devices at bedtime - According to research, exposure to any light-emitting technology at bedtime has an adverse effect on your sleep pattern and does not give adequate rest to the brain.
3) Iron-deficient diet - If your body lacks adequate amount of iron, you are bound to experience weakness, lack of concentration, sluggishness and mood variations. Make sure to include iron-rich products in your diet such as green leafy vegetables, eggs, red meat etc.
4) Entertaining negative thoughts - People who constantly focus on the negative aspects of life have been found to have lower energy levels than the ones with a positive outlook. Prolonged negative thinking can also spark early dementia.
5) Skipping breakfast - Breakfast is certainly the most important meal of the day. Your body burns calories even when you are sleeping and thus after you wake up from a long night’s sleep, it is the right time to refuel your body and fill it up with nutrients for the entire day. Therefore, do not miss your breakfast at any cost.
6) Excessive consumption of junk food - Regular consumption of food products rich in trans fats, refined sugar and starchy carbohydrates leads to a sudden rise in blood sugar which is followed by a sugar crash, eventually leading to extreme fatigue.
7) Living in a cluttered environment - Research has proved that working in a cluttered environment leads to reduced functioning of the brain and poor concentration. It is also known to hamper the information processing capability of the brain, leading to a feeling of lethargy and sluggishness.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on 'consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media
Carom (ajwain) is a crucial herb that is found in all Indian kitchens and is used primarily as a taste enhancer. Carom has numerous medicinal properties that make it beneficial for maintaining a good condition of your health. Dietary regime that utilizes carom on a regular basis can derive a lot of health benefits in the long term.
The following are some of the benefits of carom:
- Acidity- Carom has anti-acidity properties that can prove beneficial in providing relief from the symptoms of acidity and enables you to control your problem your acidity effectively. A solution made from a pinch of salt, carom and lukewarm water, when consumed every morning or post meal on a regular basis, works wonders.
- Asthma- The smoke of carom seeds act as a bronchodilator that is effective in easing the breathing pattern. If an asthma patient utilizes the mixture of carom seeds and jaggery twice daily on a regular basis, it will provide considerable relief from the discomforts that are associated with asthma.
- Diabetes- Carom has medicinal properties that aid you to control your blood sugar level. Consumption of a solution made from a tsp of neem powder, half tsp of cumin powder, carom seeds and a glass of hot milk on a regular basis can help you manage your blood sugar.
- Cold and migraine- Carom can be utilized for the treatment of recurrent and persistent cough and cold. Inhalation of grounded carom seeds is effective in providing relief from constant headache, cold and migraine.
- Stomach problems- Carom seeds have mild alcoholic properties that can be utilized to treat the problem of stomach pain and indigestion. A mixture of carom seed and salt when consumed with a sip of water is effective in providing relief from the symptoms of indigestion and stomachache.
- Menstrual cramps- Application of carom seed oil can help you achieve speedy relief from the discomfort of menstrual cramps. The seeds of carom act as an effective nerve tonic and reduce the intensity of menstrual cramps.
- Sperm count- Carom seeds are effective in increasing sperm count and can also be utilized to treat sexual dysfunctions. Roast a mixture of tamarind kernel, carom seeds and clarified butter; add a tsp of the mixture and honey to a glass of milk and consume it on a regular basis prior to sleep to achieve speedy results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
I am 25 years old, I'm married n I wanna conceive. I have pcos problem also. what should i do ? can i conceive a baby?
Diet is an important part of any person's life as food that goes in your body is what replenishes the resources lost in a day's work. The wrong kind of food will have adverse effects on the body in all sorts of ways, and that holds especially true for nursing mothers.
A mother, after carrying a baby to a full term, has to go through many hormonal and physical changes, which can be very stressful. After childbirth comes one of the other most important phases i.e. nursing and it is important to ensure that the mother gets proper nutrition during this phase. This is because it is the mother's milk that provides the baby with the required nutrients for growth as well as to build and immune system, which is why it is very important for a nursing mother to have a proper diet.
Let's look at some of the food items that should be consumed during this time:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables - These are important during the nursing period for the mother as she needs to supplement important minerals in her body such as calcium and iron. Green, leafy vegetables are a must.
- Dairy products low in fat - As the mother's body produces milk, certain minerals get drained quicker than others and a direct supplement for them would be dairy products. However, it is important to ensure that their fat content is low as this can add cholesterol and thus, may adversely affect the health of the mother.
- Lean meats - Lean meats are a great source of protein that can supplement many of the minerals and nutrients. However, rich meat-based foods and heavy red meat should be avoided. Chicken in roasted form or tikka form is also healthy proteins that can be consumed 2 - 3 times a week. Fish, especially Salmon fish, is also a healthy and rich source of omega-3 as well as high in protein.
- Legumes - Legumes are a great source of iron, which is an extremely important mineral for a nursing mother. This is also an alternative for vegetarians. Legumes are not only a rich source of iron, they are also high in protein and helps the mother to stay fit and energetic to be able to take on the additional responsibility of her new-born baby.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
Hii! I am 30 years old .i have done pregnancy urine test at home after 15 days of missed period. And it comes negative. I have done 3 urine test at home under 15 days. 15 days is enough to get correct pregnancy test? Or should I take 2-3 tests more. Pls.
My wife has a extra harmone on her neck. Some doctors suggest us to go for the thyriod test but the result was negative. Doctors said that this is a extra harmone do not worry but from the last week she fells problem while having meal. Please advice.
IVF (in vitro fertilisation) and surrogacy are alternative methods of having a baby and can be resorted to when a couple cannot conceive the natural way. There are three things you must keep in mind before making a choice between IVF or surrogacy:
Surrogacy is opted for when the woman is unable to conceive by natural means and when there's no possibility of her getting pregnant whatsoever. Surrogacy can be of two types- full surrogacy and partial surrogacy. On the other hand, IVF works towards the treatment of infertility in one or both the partners, enabling the woman partner to conceive the child.
IVF involves the fertilisation of a woman's eggs by the sperm of the intended father in a laboratory dish. The developed embryo (or fertilised egg) is then implanted in the woman's uterus.
Risks of surrogacy include multiple births, ectopic pregnancy (implantation of the fertilised egg in the fallopian tube instead of the uterus, leading to miscarriage) and birth defects in the child, to name a few. As for risks associated with IVF, ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (swollen and painful ovaries), multiple births, ectopic pregnancy and stress can take place if IVF is opted for.
Surrogacy requires the fulfilment of complex legal processes, such as determining eligibility, matching profiles of surrogates with intended parents, finding of a potential surrogate and more, which require proper legal counselling. Besides the cost of surrogacy in India is higher than IVF.
IVF does not involve any such processes and is easier to carry out. The low cost of IVF in comparison to surrogacy makes it a much more viable option. Based on these factors, you can make the choice of a procedure that is best suited for you. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!