Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Salma Tadvi
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Salma TadviYour feedback matters!
Bad breath, also known as halitosis medically, is a much bigger problem than just being a cause for social embarrassment. It could be a symptom of an underlying disorder in your body which when corrected, will result in bad breath being resolved as well. However, in most cases, halitosis or bad breath occurs due to gum and teeth problems or due to life style habits such as a bad diet. Ayurveda has cure for both the problems and offers specialized treatment as well as home remedies.
Some general tips to fight bad breath
Bad breath may occur due to a combination of bad diet or digestive problems as well as oral hygiene issues. Some of the common things to follow, which will reduce your bad breath, especially concerning oral hygiene, are mentioned below
1. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal as it helps clean food particles which may contribute to bad breath
2. Keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water. Dryness of the mouth can often cause bad breath
3. Brush your teeth, preferably at least twice daily and clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth
4. Avoid alcohol, smoking and excessive consumption of caffeine products
5. Use natural breath fresheners such as mint leaves and parsley
6. Don’t use breath mints, mouth fresheners or mouthwashes which have alcohol in them as they may further dry up your mouth, causing bad breath
7. Try and include more of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet as these will keep you hydrated and supply you with the necessary nutrients to keep your digestive system functional and thus reduce bad breath.
Ayurveda for bad breath
Some of the home remedies as well as specialized Ayurvedic medications that can effectively combat bad breath are mentioned below. However, if you have a persistent problem, it is best to consult with an Ayurvedic practitioner who can help you with tailor made combinations specifically suited to your problem.
- Fenugreek or ‘methi’ and tea leaves: Methi is known to have many medicinal properties in Ayurveda. Boil methi leaves into a cup of tea and drink it once a day to see quick and lasting results.
- Cardamom seeds: This is a quick and effective remedy for bad breath, especially for social occasions. Chew on a few cardamom seeds after a smelly meal and it can definitely take care of your bad breath temporarily.
- Honey ginger and lemon combo: If your body has more ‘Kapha’ based symptoms, then this is a very good remedy. Mix equal amounts of honey with ginger juice and lemon juice and use that concoction to slowly gargle your mouth and then rinse.
- Some specialized medications: Certain special medications may be prescribed by your Ayurveda practitioner such as:
- Kushtha, Nagarmotha, Cardamom, and licorice mixtures
- Dashan Sanskar Churna which is a specially formulated charcoal powder meant for brushing
- Special mixtures made from ingredients such as Manjishtha, Clove, Khadir, Cardamom, Betel nut, Black Pepper, Mayaphal, Kulinjan, Cumin seeds, Vidang, Bakul, and Camphor among others; either in the form of edible medication or in the form of mouthwashes.
Braces ke baad mjhe retainer laga. Kuch din tak to wo sahi tha but fir retainer loose ho gaya. 2 days phale wo retainer tut gaya h.ab mai usko kaise use kru. Wire with clear plastic jaisa retaine hai wo jo lower jaw ke liye tha. Wahi tut gaya h.usko kaise thik kru. Kya mera retainer thik ho skta hai ya ni yaa muje phir se braces lagwane padenge . Please Reply me.
Sir I am suffering from mouth ulcer very badly, doctor prescribed flovit, rinifol tablets along with betadine gargle and kenacort gel. But still having so much pain. Please suggest me.
I just removed my tooth as suggested by dentist. Now I want to implant a new tooth. I don't want to go for a bridge ad it affects adjacent tooth. So I think implant will be better but is there any other option except this two. How much do a implant cost actually. Is there any cheaper thing than implant and bridge.
I Have tootache since last 3 days. Increases at night and while drinking liquids. Please recommend some pain killers.
Hi I had one of my tooth filled today. After removing the tooth's decayed portion my dentist asked me to rinse. After that he straight away put the filling material in my teeth without drying my teeth. Isn't it necessary to dry the teeth before filling. Can this be a problem in future. Can decay occur under my filling.
Actually milk teeth are called milk teeth because they have the refrective index (in lay language whiteness) equal to milk. So those teeth are milky white. But permanent teeth are yellower in shade always. And every person may have different shade of teeth.
Due to some causes like chromogenic bacteria, tea, coffee, tobbaco, food colours, fluorosis, enamel hypoplasia, dentinogenesis imperfecta, etc there may be discolouration of teeth. In that case you need to visit a dental surgeon. Otherwise slight yellow shade of natural teeth is no matter of worry. So do not get confused with television commercials claiming to provide you pearl like white teeth. Tooth colour shade is just like you skin tone. No toothpaste can change your teeth shade. If you want to get a lighter shade then go for bleaching after consulting your dentist.