Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Sachin Lokande
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Sachin LokandeYour feedback matters!
Hello Dr. last year I was pregnant with a hydrocephalus head baby so it was aborted in fifth month of pregnancy. Now my torch is normal my karyotype is normal n my husband's karyotype is also normal. I want to ask that can I have normal baby ever in my life or my previous history of abortion will affect my baby again.
My last LAMP is 10.01.17, my hcg level on 21.02.17 is 1624. But in TVS scan my doctor found only 2.6 mm sac and no fetal pole was observed. This is giving lot of tension to me pls suggest the best & chance of my pregnancy.
I m 33 year old got married in June 2014 and conceived in july month. But when i go fr scan at 2 months in september, i had to go through D&C bcz of Blighted ovum. Afterthat i got my period back in november after 2 months. Dr. Said to me try after 2 cycle.Now i m trying fr 2 months bt nt coceiving. This month i got period after 32 days. I thought i conceive bt yesterday period showed her ugly face. I never been my period late. My cycle r 28 days. Please suggest wht to do i m stressed bcz my age is 33.
Aromatherapy is an ancient practice that dates back to ancient times across many cultures. This is a practice where concentrated oils are used to treat many imbalances and disorders within the body. The oils emit a fragrance or aroma, through which many important molecules enter your blood stream which have a healing effect. The oils can be applied on the skin and the aroma is then absorbed directly into the body through it. They can also be used as an aromatic agent where you need to sniff them in order for the molecules to get inside the body and then be absorbed into your blood.
What kind of oils are generally used in aromatherapy?
Aromatherapy uses essential oils similar to the ones used for massage in many other forms of alternative medicine such as Ayurveda and Chinese medicine. These oils have the organic compounds within the plants or respective sources concentrated into a small dose so it can pass on the benefits of those compounds to you, healing your body. Some of the types of oils used in aromatherapy are –
1. Peppermint oil
2. Tee tree oil
3. Lavender oil
4. Frankincense oil
5. Lemon oils among many others
How are essential oils made?
Essential oils are made from natural ingredients such as herbs and resins of different plants. These can be extracted from the following sources of a plant, tree or herb:
7. Stems etc.
Aromatic oils tend to be powerful as a lot of ingredients go into the making of a small quantity of oil. It is estimated that it takes multiple kilos of an ingredient to make only a few milliliters of an essential oil. Due to the immense concentration of the powerful organic compounds created by this, organic oils are very effective and thus potent in curing ailments. The compounds are separated through a distillation process that separates the oils from the other components.
How and where are essential oils in aromatherapy effective?
Aromatherapy is very effective in dealing with lesser ailments and also as a supplementary form of treatment for other larger problems such as recovery form surgery and pain relief. Some of the more common areas where aromatherapy is very helpful are:
1. Relieving and reducing stress
2. Relief from joint pain
3. Resisting Cold and flu like infections
4. Building the immunity of the body
5. Improving the appearance and health of your skin by fighting wrinkles, skin infections and inflammation
6. Reduce pain from inflammation and other disorders
7. Corrects and properly regulates hormone production within the body
8. Helps with gastrointestinal problems as well as improving digestion among many other such benefits
Certain specific types of essential oils and their benefits in aromatherapy
1. Lavender oil: Helps heal burns and cuts quicker, relaxes your body and improves your mood
2. Peppermint oil: Helps with digestion, builds up immunity, and helps with the ability to focus among others
3. Rosemary oil: Helps build hair strength, improves memory and brain function in general
4. Sandalwood oil: Improves skin quality, fights inflammation and wrinkles and also acts a as a libido booster
5. Rose oil: Extremely effective for combatting skin problems as well as for natural glow of the skin
6. Tea tree oil: An excellent immunity booster, Tea tree oil also has antifungal and antimicrobial properties which can fight off infections and cure the ailments much quicker. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi I am 28 yrs old female. I had my periods start on 1st dec and on third day that is on 3rd dec I had fever with temp 103.3 degrees celcius with shiver and damn bad headache. I was feeling like my head is goin heavy specially at the front, above the eyes and at the back plus I was feeling as someone is stretching my intestines in stomach badly. In the evening I had vomit then at night I had consulted a local physician nearby and he gave me medicine. Withing half an hour my headache and fever ws gone but stomach and lower abdominal and pelvic pain was still there. Then on 4th dec in the morning 4: 15 a. M I had damn bad abdominal pain (which covered the vagina, pelvic area in the centre and pelvic area in the right side and the pain is felt in anal side also) then I managed to take meftal spas and the pain ws less then before but it is still there. Now I feel tenderness in my stomach area, pelvic area and on vagina. Pain is still there in centre and right side of the pelvic area. Every time I cough or do anything its paining badly. please help and suggest what kind of problem is this. Recently last month I consulted gynae and se told I have vaginal infection and gave me medications for that. I guess it was cure but this pelvic pain problem I m facing from past 15-20 days. please help and suggest what is my problem and which doc should I consult?
Detoxification refers to the removal and the elimination of the toxic substances from the body. Various methods are used to achieve that and drinking plenty of water is primary among them.
However that is not the only way. Other ways include:
- Abstain from drinking alcohol and coffee: The disadvantages of alcohol and coffee are aplenty and one among them is their tendency to accumulate toxins in your body. Removing them from your diet goes a long way in removing toxins.
- Lessen the use of shampoos and other health care products: The shampoos and the deodorants, which are available in the market despite their attractive packaging and numerous tall claims, are replete with chemicals. The excessive use of these products has a detrimental effect as they build up toxins in the body. You must therefore either drastically lessen their use or use alternative products to avert from the fatal eventuality.
- Take less stress: When you are under overt stress, your mind as well as your body shows clear signs of that. In instances of overt stress, the body releases the stress hormone that may provide a temporary boost of energy, but manifolds the accumulation of toxin in the body.
- Include fruits in your diet: The advantages of fruits do not require an introduction. They are well known and unanimously acknowledged. The reason why doctors vehemently insist on including at least one fruit in the diet is due to its ability to cleanse the body from the daily assemblage of toxins in the body.
- Eat vegetables which contain fiber: Vegetables like beets, cabbages and radishes, those which are rich fiber serve as excellent detoxifying foods.
- Drink green tea: Drinking green tea is a habit that has recently developed but in little time has gained immense popularity. This habit is credited not only with weight loss but also has tremendous ability to eliminate toxins from the body.
- Indulge in exercise or yoga: Another way to ensure that your body is bereft of the harmful chemicals is by indulging in various exercises or yoga. Both the practices significantly improve the physical health and at the same time detoxify the body. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am pregnant for three weeks and iav taken abortion kit but only a slight spot was observed, so can I take one kit more which contains 5 pills？
I am Dr. Prabhjot Manchanda, Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologists, Jagruti Clinic Ghatkopar East, Mumbai and Cofounder of Blessed Beginnings.
Before your bundle of joy arrives, it’s your responsibility to keep him or her in a healthy environment. This list of dos and don’ts in pregnancy will help you in that and provide answers to what you should worry about and what you should not really fed over. So let’s get started. First: sex during pregnancy, pregnancy is a crucial time for couples as their one mistake can risk the life of their unborn baby. Sex done during wrong time can lead to abortions also, so what is the right time to do sex during pregnancy? Sex if done during first three months of pregnancy can lead to abortions and during seventh and eighth month of pregnancy can lead to premature delivery. So sex during fourth, fifth, sixth and ninth month of pregnancy is safe. In fact if sex done during ninth month of pregnancy actually helps you in getting a normal delivery by enhancing natural labor pains. Of course sex position has to be chosen wisely. Second: travelling during pregnancy, for the same reasons travelling during first and last three months of pregnancy is not advisable. Travelling during ninth month is also not advisable as after eight month of pregnancy airlines themselves do not give permission to pregnant lady to travel and also if you are travelling in the ninth month and you start getting labor pain you don’t want to deliver in train or bus, right? Similarly heavy work and lifting heavy weights is not advisable during first and last three months of pregnancy. Third: food Habits during pregnancy, pregnancy is a time for pregnant females when there is a lot of bombardment of unwanted advice about what you should eat and what you should not eat and some of them are exactly opposite to each other. Confused. So whom you should listen to? Listen to your doctor. You can eat whatever you want to eat. For the first three months of pregnancy, because of pregnancy induced vomiting, either ways you are unable to eat half of the stuff. So observe in this period that what is suiting you and have that stuff often. Drink a lot of water and keep yourself hydrated. Some people say that papaya causes abortion but the less known fact is that raw papaya and papaya seed causes abortion and ripened papaya should not be blamed for. In fact you should limit on the ghee and butter laden Ladoo, which your daddi, nanni says it increases baby weight, but it does not increase baby weight. It increases your weight and risk your risk of getting diabetes during pregnancy. Protein is what is required to increase the baby weight. Of course you should avoid oily and spicy food as it may cause gastritis and iron and calcium supplements what you are taking makes you prone to gastritis. You have to choose either of them. Be wise and choose either of them. Fourth: exercise during pregnancy. Light exercises, yoga, meditation are actually good in pregnancy. They keep you mood elevated and also keep a check on you weight. Heavy exercises and lifting heavy weight is not advisable as I told you before. Light exercises and of course squatting can actually help you on delivering normally. Long walk especially with your partner is advisable with an errand benefit of bonding. Fifth: ultrasound during pregnancy, ultrasound and sonography are extremely safe during pregnancy. Sonography is the bone of motherhood as the doctor can actually see what is going inside the womb what is happening inside the womb, what is happening to the baby, and can make a decision so as to how the pregnancy should be carried for. Ultrasound during pregnancy can be done in numbers for time. X-rays although avoided in pregnancy, but can be done in unavoidable circumstances once or twice depending upon the site of x-ray and of course wearing abdominal sheet. Sixth: dental extractions during pregnancy, if you are having a decaying tooth, you cannot wait a month to get it removed, in fact get rid of tooth before it changes into pus or aphis. So by this I want to say, yes, dental treatment, root canal treatment and other dental conditions are extremely safe during pregnancy. You just have to visit your gynecologist for antibiotics. Seventh: medication during pregnancy your gynecologist must know what you are taking and what for you are taking. Certain medicines are really life threatening for the baby. It can also cause miscarriages or serious birth defects also medicines can also get secreted in the breast milk. So before taking any medicine ask your gynecologist about taking it, be it for a headache, a fever, a dental extraction or whatever you gynecologist should know what you are talking and when you are taking and also don’t hide anything from your gynecologist. Be it a history of tuberculosis, epilepsy, thyroid, cancer or whatever. Your gynecologist has the right to know about your medical conditions. Eighth: do not eat raw meat or eggs. Raw or undercooked meat or eggs can actually cause like threatening food poisoning like listeriosis or toxoplasmosis which can cause serious birth defects in the baby and also can lead to miscarriages. So make sure what you are eating and make sure all your eggs and meat is well cooked.
I hope with this small video you can carry your pregnancy with ease and less confusion. If you like the video please like it and if you have any doubt or query, fell free to contact me directly or through lybrate.
Thanks for watching the video.