Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Cardiologists in India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Cardiologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Ratan RathodYour feedback matters!
I have had an angioplasty and 3 stents inserted two months back. Can I start going to the gym and lift moderate weights?
A heart attack is caused if the blood flow to the heart is somehow obstructed by fat deposits, cholesterol or other substances, thereby, forming a plaque in the arteries. The disruption in this flow of blood destroys a part of the heart muscle and may prove to be fatal if not treated right on time.
Not every heart attack starts with a sudden crushing pain in the chest. In fact, about 30 per cent of the cases haven’t yielded any such symptom. However, the signs may vary from one person to another:
- Heart attack might start slowly causing only mild discomfort or pain initially. The symptoms happen to be sudden and intense, persisting for several hours.
- Mostly heart attack induces pain on the left side or the center of the chest. The discomfort generally persists for a few minutes. It can even result in a feeling of indigestion or heart burn, fullness, squeezing and pressure which can turn from mild to severe.
- One might also experience an aching sensation in the upper stomach, jaw, neck, shoulders, back or both of the arms.
- Shortness of breath is one of those very common symptoms.
- Other common symptoms include excessive sweating, exhaustion, vomiting, nausea, sudden dizziness or light-heartedness.
How can you tell a heart attack from a mere panic attack?
Panic attack occurs even more suddenly and induces intense fear, extracting extreme reactions for something relatively harmless. Once the attack subsides, one usually feels week on the knees and tender near the gut. Some of the symptoms exclusive to a panic attack include a feeling of detachment, numbness, hot flashes, chills and tightness experienced in and around the throat, tremors (primarily of the hands) and a constant fear of losing control or of an impending danger.
Although many indications of a heart attack might happen to overlap with those of a panic attack, there are still a few noteworthy differences between the two. Watch out for those signs and get yourself diagnosed properly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cardiologist and ask a free question.
I am 24 year old male. I used to smoke for last 4 years. Now when I smoke I feel chest tightness. Then I stopped for one week. Then after that I again smoked and suddenly again I felt chest tightness. After a sleep when waking up from bed while coming up I feel a sharp pain at the centre of the chest. After waking it will go. But while pressing at that point I can feel the pain. Then it goes. I have light shoulder and arm joint pain also. What will be the reason for it? Is it dangerous ?If it heal if I stop smoking?
As in morning I go for running everyday but while running I feel exhaust chest pains for little while what is the reason. I asked everybody they said because of empty stomach. What should I eat before running and after running or jogging.
I am a smoker and I smoke 5 to 6 cigarettes I n a day and there is pain in the center of my chest and when I stretch my chest sometimes the clicking sound came. Can you tell me the reason. I already did my medical check up they said everything is normal.
Through halter ECG it was noticed that my heart bit is fluctuating at different intervals from 48-55-65-95.Often I feel dizziness, weakness in walking & uneasiness.Is it due this reason? If so, what is its treatment? i
I want to lose my weight and reduce my cholesterol. Brain pain also and breathing problem alsi when runs.
54 years old man blood sugar fasting-128, PP-185, Hb1C-7.4doing regular walking, wt. 57kgs, BP: 125/85 normal What should I do suggest?
Hello. If I run My legs and knees start paining and also my chest (lightly. Why is it so? Please help.
ह्रदय स्वस्थ्य रखने के उपायग्रीन चाय का प्रयोग करें :इसमें एंटीऑक्सीडेंट होते हैं जो आपके कोलेस्ट्रॉल को कम करते हैं , और ये ब्लड प्रेशर को नियंत्रित करने में भी मददगार होते हैं .इसमें कुछ ऐसे तत्व भी पाए जाते हैं जो कैंसर कोशिकाओं से बढ़ मारते हैं को .ये असमान्य रक्त के थक्के को भी रोकती है , जिस वजह से ये स्ट्रोक रोकने में भी सहायक है .जैतून का तेल का प्रयोग करें :खाना बनाने के लिए जैतून तेल का प्रयोग करें .इसमें मौजूद वसा बुरा एलडीएल कोलेस्ट्रॉल को कम करने में सहायक होता है .जैतून का तेल में भी एंटीऑक्सीडेंट होते हैं , जो अन्य कई बीमारियों से लड़ने में मदद करते हैं .पर्याप्त नीद लें :खासतौर से 4o साल के ऊपर के व्यक्ति के लिए अच्छी नीद बहुत ज़रूरी है .पर्याप्त नीद ना लेने पर शरीर से तनाव हार्मोन निकलते हैं , जो धमनियों को ब्लॉक कर देते हैं और जलन पैदा करते हैं .फाइबर युक्त आहार लें :रिसर्च के आधार पर ये साबित हो चुका है कि आप जितना अधिक फाइबर खायेंगे , आपके दिल का दौरा पड़ने के मौके उतने ही कम होंगे .अधिक से अधिक सेम , सूप , और सलाद का प्रयोग करें .मांस की जगह समुद्री भोजन खाना सहायक होगा .नाश्ता में फलों का रस लें :संतरे का रस में फोलिक एसिड होता है जो दिल का दौरा पड़ने के खतरे को कम करता है .अंगूर का रस में flavonoids और resveratrol होता है जो धमनी ब्लॉक करने वाले के थक्के को कम करता है .ज्यादातर रस आपके लिए अच्छे हैं बस ध्यान रखिये कि वो चीनी मुक्त हों .रोज़ व्यायाम करें :यदि आप प्रतिदिन 20 मिनट तक व्यायाम करते हैं तो आपका दिल का दौरा होने का खतरा एक - तिहाई तक घाट जाता है .वॉक पर जाना , एरोबिक्स या नृत्य कक्षाएं करना फायदेमंद होगा .खाने में लहसुन का प्रयोग करें :रेह्र्ता है कम अध्यनो में पाया गया है कि लहसुन खाने से रक्तचाप .ये कोलेस्ट्रॉल को भी कम करता है और साथ ही रक्त शर्करा के स्तर को भी रखता है में नियंत्रण .इससे शरीर की प्रतिरोधक क्षमता भी बढती है .
My husband is detected with high bp. Initial reading was at 150/90 when he was put under medication of Nexovas 10 mg. He is just 33 years of age and does regular strength and cardio exercise. He wanted to reduce his BP with proper diet and exercise so he stopped taking tablet after 1 week and increased his exercise and switched to low sodium diet. His BP came down to 120. After 7-10 days he got fever and dizziness so went to general physician who mentioned his bp has gone upto 150. He was asked to do lipid profile test and detected with high LDI cholesterol of 140.6. The general physician put him under HH Rosu 10 mg to reduce LDI. Since he has consulted another doctor earlier for BP he went back to him to take his opinion on medication and show him lipid test. He asked to stop HH ROSU and put him under 80 mg Azilsartan Medoxomil 80 mg. We are totally confused what is good for him and what he should continue. We want his bp to control without any side effect of high dose medication. Suggest.
Hi I am 27 years old male and I have anxiety effect from last one month some times I am feeling like getting heart attack but it is not physically in my body during anxiety my breathing and heart pulses were increasing. And I have consulted with doctors & they were done ecg, eeg and tmt test but all reports were normal.
Please tell me when a person is in deep sleep and suddenly wakeup & fast heart beat starts. And also blurred vision from 5 to 6 days. Is it because of high blood pressure or anxiety or any other problem. Please reply.
I have cholesterol TOTAL 162, TRIGLYCERIDE 220, LDL 68, HDL 50, VLDL44 NON HDL RATIO 1.36 PLEASE ADVICE ME WHAT TO DO?
I am having head ache pain in my belly button and slightly pain in chest and always feel sleepy what should I do to be away from this. Pls suggest some tips and I am also having bp of 158/95.
Breathing is life, without breathig, there is no life. Who knows this better than an asthmatic or someone with breathing problems like wheezing, coughing and shortness of breath 24/7? If you have breathing problems, read on about possible causes and treatments for them
- There can be a number of causes of breathing problems. They can happen due to colds, acute sinusitis or inflammation of sinuses. This usually subsides in a week or two with the inflammation going down and the sinuses draining out.
- But if you are still experiencing breathing problems, you could be in more dangerous territory.
- Breathing difficulties can happen in a case of asthma, allergies, and infections of the lungs, bronchitis and even heart problems especially if you feel a shortness of breath during exertion. These can all be long-term problems that need proper management.
Chronic issues that cause breathing problems, especially asthma and allergies have a number of symptoms like
- Nasal and chest congestion
- Runny nose
- Itchy or watery eyes
- Laboured and/or shallow breathing.
A number of virus and allergens like pollen reach the lungs via the nasal passage. Any inflammation in the nasal passage due to an allergy is a major cause for concern because the number one trigger for asthma is allergies. If left undiagnosed and untreated, these can make life hell for you.
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD, which includes emphysema and chronic bronchitis, also causes breathing problems. Breathing issues can also stem from other serious diseases like lung cancer, tuberculosis, and pneumonia. Most of these can be diagnosed by a specialist.
How are breathing problems treated?
- Breathing problems caused due to asthma and allergies are usually treated by avoiding allergy triggers like air pollutants, pollen, dog hair, dust, mites or dander.
- Wearing masks, avoiding peak traffic, staying indoors during low air quality days, all make a significant difference to allergy and asthma sufferers.
- Medications are another way to treat breathing problems due to asthma and allergies. Allergy drugs such as antihistamines and decongestants can make it easy to breathe for some.
- Inhaled steroids are also given to people with chronic allergies and sinusitis for reducing inflammation in the airways. Allergy shots to reduce sensitivity to allergens are another option.
- Asthma is treated with inhaled or oral drugs that help open nasal airways and reduce inflammation. These cut down on breathing difficulties because the airways are cleared of excess mucus and inflammation.
- If you have more serious issues like cancers, heart disease and lung diseases, the medication will vary according to your diagnosis. Your specialist will diagnose the problem first and set you on a proper course of medication.
The last piece of advice before we go, don’t ignore breathing difficulties especially if they persist beyond 2-3 weeks, get yourself a doctor’s appointment.