Hello viewers, welcome to our lybrate youtube channel. Mein Dr Priyanka Shende aap sabhi ka iss channel pey swagat karti hoon. Meine BAMS TTCM yoga kiya hai 7-8 saal ka mera ayurved ka experience raha hai, aur meine sukham Ayurveda centre k naam se mera 2 clinic hai ek sector 23. Nerul east mein hai aur dusra sector 12 kharbar nagar navi Mumbai mein hai. Doston aaj kal apne health ko leker, apne diet ko lekar bohot conscious ho chuke hai, lekin iss diet k bare mein mein apko ache se iss channel ki video mein bata deti hoon.
Ayurveda bohot prachin hai 5000 saal purana iska itihas raha hai. isme Ayurveda ayur means life and veda means science basically its science about life or knowledge about a life. Ye ek eisa ved hai jisme hamari jivan shaili ka varnan kiya hai .jo byakti swast hai uska swast banaye rakhne k liye Ayurveda mein dinacharya rudracharya vasayan vajikaran ittadi ka varnan dikhai deta hai aur jo vyadi se pirit hai uss vyadi ko swmul nasht karne k liye ilaaj bhi bataya gaya hai. Lekin swast vyakti kaun hai ye abb hum jante hai. Swast vyakti usse kaha jata hai jinke dosh rehte hai hamare sharir mein, vata pitta kafa aur agni, ek jatt agni aur ek sapta dhatu agni uske sath mein dhatu rasa rakta mansh meda asti maja shukra ye hamere sarir k andar 7 dhatu hote hai, aur jab ye sab balance rehte hai to wo individuals swast kehlata hai. Uske saath mein hi hame hamara atma means soul mann means mind aur senses means indriya agar prasanna rahe ya happy rahe toh wo vyakti swast kehlata hai iska matlab, Ayurveda sharir aur mann dono ka bare mein sochta hai aur usko swasth rakhne k liye kuch niyam sikhata hai.
Doston ayurved k 3 upastamb bataya gaya hai ahaar matlab proper diet, nidra means proper sleep brahmachari, ye teen Ayurveda k upastambha hai aaj hum isi mein se ahaar k bare mein janenge. Hum aajkal bohot busy ho chuke hai aapne lifestyle maintain karne k liye hamein kabhi kabhi chahte hue na chahte hue bahar ka khana khana parta hai, isme se ahaar matlab kya hai? Ayurveda main ahaar ek bhesachvi bataya gaya hai. Veshachvi matlab aushadhi k tarah kaam karta hai aur usikobhi bishivi bhi bola jata hai kyunki hamere sarir mein job hi rog utpanna hote hai wo issi ahaar k wajah se hote hai isiliye hamein hamara diet proper lena zaruri rehta hai, isme se ahaar hum kisse kehte hai? Jo ache mann se banaya gaya ghar mein banaya gaya jo ahaar hota hai wo proper hamare sarir ko ball deta hai varna deta hai strength deta hai hamare immunity ko bara deta hai. Isiliye aajkal hum nonstick pan mein khana babate hai jo ki bohot toxious hote hai aur usse cancer bhi utpanna ho jata hai sarir mein. Isiliye hame ghar mein banaya hua ache mann se banaya hua khana khane chaiye.
Kabhi kabhi hum dekhte hai hum tv dekhte samaye ya mann mein kuch sochte samaye hum khana bante hai aur wohi saab khane mein uttar jate hai aur phir poore poshan na milne k wajah se bachon ko bahar se phir annya brand ka powder doodh mein milaker dete hai. Aisa nehi hota poorana zamane mein shlok bolte hue khane banana ka vidi bataya gaya tha kyunki ache mann se banaya hua khana hi acha parinaam dikhata hai. Ahaar ka parimaan desh k anusaar matlab hum jiss country mein rehte hai uss k anusaar ritu k anusaar matlab weather keisa hai uske anusar aur hamara age kya hai iske upaar aur hamare digestive power k uppar nirbhar rehta hai. Yaad rakhiye, digestive power jiska acha hai, wo moods aur foods dono ko pachak karr sakta hai. Iske liye hum sochenge ki ahaar kesa hona chaiye usse kabb khana chaiye. Jesa abhi meine bola k sabka appetite alag alag rehta hai sabka jatharan alag alag rehta hai. Toh jatharagni agar prakrut rehega toh hum job hi khayenge uska ache se pachan ho jaega ye jatharagni prakrut rehne k liye humein 2-2 ghante k baad khana khana chaiye. Raat k antaral k baad mein subha breakfast karna bohot hi zaruri hai. Yaad rakhiye dosto hum 9-5 baje k schedule mein rehte hai toh hum utna diet proper nehi le pate hai subha k breakfast hum skip kar dete hai lekin ye bohot hi hanikarak hai. Hamari sarir ko breakfast ki utni zaroorat rehti hai isiliye 10 baaje se pehle hume appna breakfast kar lena chaiye. Jo bahar hai wesa he apna sarir k andar chal raha hota hai jeise jeise sooraj tez hojata hai uske dhoop tez hojati hai wesehi hamare sarir mein jatharagni pradipt ho jati hai, isiliye 12-2 baje k beech mein hamein apna lunch kar lena chaiye, ho sake toh raat k 8 baje se pehle apna khana kha lijiye warna wo digest nhi ho pata hi. Agar usse late hota hai toh aap supachyak ya halka ahaar hi preffer kijiye. Ye hogaya hamein khana kabb khana chaiye aur ek baat mein yahan batana chahungi ki jatharagni agar pradipt nhi hai matlab hamein bhook nhi laagi hai lekin phir bhi kuch log aapna time ho chukka hai ya phir hamara regular diet 3 chapati katori bhar roti ka ya rice ka hain toh utna hi lete hai to ye cheez achi nehi hai kyunki haar samaye hamara jatharagni badalta rehta hai ritu k anusaar badalta hai hamare age k anusar badalta hai to uska bhi hamein dyan rakhe diet le lena chaiye.
Ahaar keisa hona chaiye?
Ahaar atraasatmak hona chaiye doston jisme madhur amla lavana katu tikta kasai ye poore 6 k 6 rass hone chaiye. Jese meine pehle hi bataya sharir panch mahabhooton se bana hai aur ye jo abhi hamne rasa bole wo bhi panch maha bhoot se hi bane hai isiliye usi kram se hamein usse khana chaiye. Hum aksar dekha karte hai ki hum jab shadi mein jaate hai ya partyion mein jaate hai toh desserts hamesha hum last mein khate hai jo ki galat hai isiliye kyunki hame madhur ahaar ko sabse pehle kha lena chaiye. Hume kabhi bhi khana khane k 2 ghante k baad ya khana khane se 1 ghante pehle vyam ya maithun nahi karna chaiye doston ye toh hogaya ahaar k baare mein.
Ab hum sochte hai humein paani kabb peena chaiye?
Hum agar khana khane se pehle paani pee lete hai toh wo hamare sarir mein ajirna paida karte hai matlab ki indigestion utpanna karta hai, jirne vari balapradam khana khane k ek ghante k baad mein agar aap water intake kar lete ho to wo proper aapne diet ko pachane mein madat karta hai. Bhajanecha amrutam matlab bhojan karte samay hamein sip sip water le sakte hai. Water k jagah dopahar k khane mein hum chhas le sakte hai subhah k khane mein juice le sakte hai, toh ye water part ho jata hai. Khana hamesha adha pet khana chaiye 1/4th part uska water k liye chhorna chaiye aur adha hamein hawa k liye chhorna chaiye doston. Ye toh hogaya khana khane k bare mein lekin hamein khana khate samay ek baat ka vishesh dhyan rakhna hai, aksar hum khare khare ya bhagte dawrte khana khate hai wo bilkul galat hai kyunki khane ka ek niwale ko zada se zada chaba lijiye matlab chew kar lijiye usse kya hota hai hamara saliva usme mix hota hai aur wo jatharagni mein jaake jaldi se pach jata hai. Jinka metabolic rate bohot slow hai wo ye baat achi tarah se samajh le. Aksar hum dekhte hai ki jiska wajan bada hai unke pet k niche k charbi bohot badi hui dikhti hai , agar wo isko follow karenge ki eke k niwale ko barik tarah se kha lenge toh wo charbi kamm ho jaega. Abhi paani ko khana khane k ek ghante ka baad mein hi khana hai usse pehle agar hum khane khane k baad mein kulla kar sakte hai garam paani se, agar koi byakti chakkar aa raha hai ya kuch dehydration ho raha hai toh wo paani pee sakta hai. Ye hogaya hamein paani kabb peena chaiye .
Doston, hamarein Ayurveda mein virudhahar ka ek varnan milta hai jismein hamein ye bataya jata hai ki kaunsi chizon ko hamein ek saath nehi khana chaiye, jese k doodh aur daahi ko kabhi ek saath nehi khana chaiye, doodh aur namkeen cheezon ko ek sath nehi khana chaiye, doodh aur kisi bhi amla padarth ko ek sath nehi khana chaiye, uske saath mein kabhibi machli ya mooli khane k baad gurr nehi khana chaiye, machli khane ka baad mein ya kathal khane ka baad mein hamein doodh nehi peena chaiye. Hum jabhi poochte hai toh doodh machli k baad hum doodh toh peete nehi hai lekin non veg food humne kha liya hai toh uske baad hum ice cream zaroor khate hai toh wo bhi ek milk product hai toh usko hamein nehi khana chaiye. Iske saath mein hi shahed aur ghee ko kabhi equal proportion mein mix karke hamein nehi khana chaiye wo andar jaake vish saman kariya karta hai. Ye sab cheezein hum eksaath kha lete hai toh hamarein sarir mein Psoriasis ya eczema jeise skin disease utpanna ho jaati hai. Isiliye isko hamein ek saath nehi khana chaiye, chai k baad thanda paani nehi peena chaiye ya phir garam khana khane k baad thanda ice cream nehi khana chaiye. Toh ye saab hum virudh ahaar karenge toh vyadi se toh pirit hum ho hi jaenge. Ye hogaya virudh ahaar k barein mein abb saahi diet kya hai.
Doston hum toh thora aware ho chuke hai lekin phir bhi mein aapko bata doon, gehu jo rehta hai purana zamane mein wo chapta aur lamba jeisa milta tha but abhi k zamane mein wo milna possible nehi hai. Isiliye gehu mein glutamine namak ek tatwa paya jaata hai jo hamarein andaar jaake inflammation peida kar sakta hai isiliye usme gehu ka aate mein aap methi ka dana aur soya bean mix kar k usse roti bana lijiye toh ye pachne mein thora halka ho jaega. usi ke saath mein bajri jawar rachri means rahri isko mix karke agar aap roti banate hai wo bohot hi healthy rehega. Uske saath mein hi daal mein kya khana chaiye toh moong daal sabse sresht batayi jaati hai kyunki moong daal pachne mein bohot hi halki rehti hai isiliye hum moong daal ki khichdi bimari byakti ko dete hai kyunki wo agni pradipt karne mein madat karti hai. Toor daal aur chane ka daal ka sevan ho sake utna kaam kijiye kyunki ye acidity badati hai, pittakarak byakti ko isse zada takleef hoti hai. Uske saath mein hi hamein sabzian kaunsi khani chaiye toh job hi lambi sabzi rehti hai jeise ki snake gourd bottle gourd drumstick jisko hum bolte hai sevga , parwal dhorka Marathi mein hum jisse bolte hai wo cheezein humein khane mein zada se zada khani chaiye. Batata matlab potato brinjal aur matar jeise jo product food hai wo gases utpanna karte hai. Sabzion mein hamein sirf lambi wali sabzi khani chaiye jeise ki snake gourd bottle gourd wagara aur hamein 3 poisons bataya gaya hai Ayurveda mein ek sugar hai dusra maida hai teesra namak hai in cheezon jitna ho sake utna kaam khaiye aur swast banaiye.
Yaad rakhein doston jobhi hum khate hai usse pachit ghatak ya toxin paeda hoti hai aur wo hamarein sarir mein store kiye jaate hai aur ussise illness body main paeda hota hai issi toxins ko bahar nikal ne k liye Ayurveda mein panchakarma therapy ka ullekh aya hai. Isse hum internal cleansing karte hai aur jo toxin material hai usko bahar nikal dete hai. Isiliye agar possible ho sake toh doctor k salah se aap saal mein ek baar ya do baar panchakarma kaewa lijiye. Sahi khaiye swast banaiye. Hamarein iss channel ko subscribe karein like karein share karein aur phir ek baar mein agli baar aapke samne hazeer hongi ek naya health video k saath mein.
Thank you .read more
Find numerous Ayurvedas in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Priyanka Suneet Shende
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Hair Fall
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Knee Pain
Treatment of Cold Cough
Submit a review for Dr. Priyanka Suneet ShendeYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyanka Suneet Shende to be very helpful. Doctor i dnt take any type of junk food or fried food, i left these types of food from near about 6months, i daily eat juicy fruits and only chapatties with any simple dish but it also does not digest properly, i dnt get sleep at night n then i do vomit to get relief.............n one more thing my diet is too much i can eat too much food but it does not digest.......nw frm some days i am taking only light food(biscuits) bcoz of ulcers.....Thanks Doctor
I am so happy that I chose Dr Priyanka Suneet Shende for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine. She is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. The nurses at the Soukhyam Ayurveda Centre were really helpful. She never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. I was in so much pain due to my female sexual problems. I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best
I am really grateful as her dysuria treatment has give me a ray of hope. I never get sick, but then last year i started developing these symptoms. I was shocked to experience dysuria. The nurses at the Soukhyam Ayurveda Centre were really helpful. My previous experiences were not so good, but Dr.Priyanka Suneet Shende has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble.
I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my male sexual problems. My previous experiences were not so good, but Dr Priyanka has completely changed my opinion as she is very helpful and humble. During the treatment, she supported me a lot. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Soukhyam Ayurveda clinic is so nice.
Due to my skin rash my daily activities were suffering. I had lost hope, but the skin rash given by Dr Priyanka has helped me regain my confidence. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to her for the perfect advice. Whatever tests she prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition.
I was quite bothered about my small penis. I consulted Dr Priyanka, she is a well known Ayurveda specialist in Navi Mumbai. I owe her a big thank for treating me so patiently. Though she is an ayurvedic doctor, but she treats the problem in modern way if required. Also she is capable of handling high risk cases.
I am almost my normal self post the Sinusitis treatment and for that Dr Priyanka is the reason. Over the period of time the sinusitis treatment has helped me a lot. I am amazed that she is such a sweet doctor, even though she is so busy all the time. I am quite benefitted with teh treatment she gave.
I owe her a big thanks for making me fine again. I was having haert related issue due to which my daily activities were suffering. I consulted Dr Priyanka .She has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. She helped me immensly to deal with an issue.
dr Priyanka Suneet Shende gave me a treatment for my problem of anal fissure. She understood my problems and trouble areas. I trust her words and treatment to stick by the instructions. I consulted her at Soukhyam Ayurveda Centre in Mumbai.
I was in so much pain due to my testicular pain. In the very first sitting, Dr Priyanka clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. Her advice and counselling has helped me immensely.
Dr. Priyanka Suneet Shende provides answers that are saved my life. Thank you mam for giving me the best reply and positive also.yes i also try to do streching exercises well.thank you again
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyanka Suneet Shende to be very helpful. Thanks for ur reply...surely ill follow this.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyanka Suneet Shende to be very helpful. Very helpful...thankyou so much
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priyanka Suneet Shende to be well-reasoned. Thankyou for your guidance
Dr. Priyanka Suneet Shende provides answers that are inspiring. Love u mam...
I am too fat please tell me pills to loose it. I am not able to do exercise because of fat and I feel exertion in little workout so please tell me way to out from this.
Alopecia areata is stated as a baldness disorder where there is hair loss due to a mistaken attack of the immune system on the hair follicles (the region where hair growth starts). The damage which the hair follicles face is not permanent. However, the reason why the immune system attacks the hair follicles is still unknown. Although this problem is commonly seen in people below the age of 20, it may also be found in adults and children belonging to any age group. Men and women equally fall victim to this disorder.
Causes of Alopecia Areata-
It's yet not perfectly understood what causes alopecia areata. For some reason, follicles stop producing visible hair, resulting in smooth bald patches that can appear overnight. Researchers are trying to determine what triggers the disease, and whether it's from within the body or from environmental factors. There are no diagnostic tests available which can predict the onset and behavior of alopecia areata.
However, there may be some hereditary factors which play a role in hair loss, in about 20% of cases people with alopecia areata have a family member who are also affected. Below area few common factors which are known as a trigger for Alopecia areata.
Exposure to chemicals
Local skin disease
Increased hair fall in ayurveda is termed as khalitya and is classified under shiroroga.
Romakupagata / keshamulagata vitiated pitta (bhrajaka pitta) along with vitiated vata leads to dis-lodgement or withering of the hair from the hair roots. Further to this, vitiated sleshma / kapha along with rakta will cover and causes obstruction to the hair root, which results in no further hair growth from that place.
A few ways of treatment to reduce hair fall and stimulate hair growth:
Pitta Pacification: This type of treatment is stated as an effective ayurvedic treatment to enhance the digestive system including pitta pacification dietary chart and pitta decreasing ayurvedic medication. This therapy removes toxins from the biological system through effective herbs.
Ayurvedic Oil Application: Jasminum grandifolium induced medicated herbal hair oil is highly effective for treating baldness.
Panchakarma Therapy: Panchakarma is defined as five (pancha) remedies (karma) which involve ayurvedic measures to cleanse the body. This therapy is generally seen as a supplement to the whole therapy needed for treating alopecia. Specific suggestions of Panchakarma therapy are shirodhara (head massage with medicated oil) and Ksheera vasthi, which includes medicated enema (injecting liquid or gas into the rectum, to take out the harmful contents like toxins).
Nasya: This therapy is characterized by the ayurvedic intake of medication through your nasal cavity which then eliminates the impurities from there. It is a very effective therapy for treating the signs of alopecia.
Ayurvedic Diet: Ayurvedic diet is considered an essential treatment method for alopecia. Certain food products must be included or increased in the diet. These include:
Food with astringent properties (making skin less oily and reducing bleeding from minor abrasions), sweet and bitter.
Lentils, leafy green vegetables and pulses.
Herbal tea like liquorice tea and peppermint tea.
Seeds and nuts like soaked almond, sesame seed and sunflower seed.
- Egg white, turkey, chicken, and fish.
Cinnamon is usually seen as a condiment added to almost any kind of dish to make it flavourful. But no dish in this world has ingredients which do not benefit the eater nutritionally. Cinnamon has been used for a long time in Ayurvedic medicines. It is a natural ingredient which keeps people healthy and nourished.
There are several benefits of consuming cinnamon some of them are explained below.
- Antioxidants: Polyphenol is one such antioxidant that is present in cinnamon. In fact, a study has shown that out of twenty-six natural ingredients which contain this property, cinnamon has emerged as a clear winner, even leaving behind garlic. It is also the antioxidant-rich property of cinnamon which makes it a well-known preservative. Thus apart from adding flavour, and having anti oxidant properties, cinnamon also preserves the food for a longer time.
- Anti-inflammatory: This is one of the most important properties of cinnamon. This helps in fighting diseases and keeps infections and diseases causing germs at bay.
- Helps in controlling heart diseases: Diabetes is one of the main causes of heart disease. However, it can be kept in control by controlling cholesterol levels and triglyceride levels. This can be effectively done by cinnamon. Thus by controlling diabetes and increasing good cholesterol in the body, cinnamon actually reduces the risk of getting heart diseases.
- Reduces insulin resistance: Insulin is an important element in the body. It controls hormonal and even blood sugar levels in the body. However, there are many people who have resistance to insulin. This actually is a serious issue which can give rise to diabetes and various other problems. However, a minimal intake of cinnamon everyday reduces the risk of being insulin resistant and helps the body to accept insulin more readily.
- Lowers blood sugar level: After mentioning how cinnamon makes insulin more acceptable in the body, it is important to highlight the other factors which are controlled by this ingredient which helps in maintaining a balanced sugar level in the body. First, it regulates the glucose entering the body. Second, cinnamon is made of a particular type of compound which can act as a substitute for insulin.
- Cancer: Till date, even after heavy research and tests, cancer has no definite cure. But theory has it that there are many natural preventive measures which can be taken against this deadly disease- consumption of cinnamon being one of them.
Thus, these are some of the main advantages of consuming Cinnamon. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Ayurveda believes health is managed by 3 components i.e. pitta, vata and kapha dosha. The type of skin that a person has also depends on which of these is predominant. Accordingly, in people where pitta is dominant, it is warm to the touch and more prone to breakouts, moles and freckles. In people where vata is dominant, the skin is thin and remains cool, gets dehydrated easily and is easily affected by dry weather. In people with kapha dominance, the skin is thick and greasy and is more tolerant to sun exposure.
Allergy is when the body responds adversely to a component which might have reached the system either through air, food or contact. Various substances cause allergies and with most allergies, skin rashes are common, can be of mainly 4 types:
- Contact dermatitis: When the skin comes in touch with an allergy-causing agent, the skin breaks out into a rash. The inducing agent could be rubber, chemicals, metals, pets, etc.
- Bites and stings: When insects such as bees or other insects sting or bite, the surrounding area develops a rash.
- Warm weather: When the weather is too warm, there is prickly heat effect, which produces a rash.
- Food induced: When certain food items like peanuts or eggs are consumed, some people develop a skin rash.
Whatever the reason, the mode of management would be to try to achieve a balance between the three components.
- Poppy seeds: A paste of poppy seeds powder mixed with lemon juice and water can help get rid of rashes.
- Buttermilk and baking soda: Use a cotton swab to apply a mixture of buttermilk and baking soda on the affected skin area and see the rashes disappear. The soothing effect and relief will be felt immediately.
- Basil leaves, garlic and olive oil: Crush some basil leaves and add some garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil to form a smooth paste. Apply over the skin rash for 1 to 2 days until the rashes disappear.
- Oatmeal bath: Adding a cup of uncooked oatmeal into the bath water and using this water for a bath after 5 minutes is a great way to get rid of rashes and their redness and itching.
- Essential oils: Almond oil, chamomile oil, and tea tree oil can be mixed in equal proportions to get relief from rashes of almost all causes.
- Cold tea bags: Using cold tea bags on the skin helps relief of the rashes through tannin contained in the tea, which has great healing properties.
Just as skin rash is very common, so is the treatment. These substances are readily available in the kitchen and so treating a skin rash is very easy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a ayurveda.
Vitiligo is a medical condition, which causes the loss of skin color due to loss of pigmentation. This usually occurs in blotches and looks very unsightly. Vitiligo is very unpredictable and can affect any part of your body. In some cases it also affects the inside of the mouth, eyes, and hair. Vitiligo is more noticeable on people with darker skin tone.
Symptoms of Vitiligo:
- Premature graying or whitening of the hair in your eyebrows, eyelashes, scalp, and beard. This usually occurs before the age of 35.
- Skin discoloration can also occur from other parts of the body such as hands, feet, abdomen, neck and other areas.
- Change or loss of the color of the retina (inner layer on the eyeball).
- Discolored patches on and around the navel, rectum and genitals.
What causes vitiligo?
A medical disorder where your immune system destroys and attacks the melanin forming pigments in your skin. This is known as an autoimmune disorder and by far is the most common cause behind vitiligo. An event such as sudden or prolonged stress, sunburn, or being exposed to industrial chemicals. A history of family members or relatives having vitiligo in the past.
Ayurvedic Treatments for Vitiligo:
- Mustard and Turmeric Oil: A paste made with mustard and turmeric oil can be applied on the affected area. This is also good for the skin and reduces vitiligo. Do this at least 2 times a day to reduce the patches considerably.
- Duckweed: This is a type of water plant and is very rich in a mineral called lignin. It is considered a natural treatment for skin disorders and vitiligo. It will also help to restore your natural skin color.
- Sun screen: If you already have vitiligo, exposure in the sun can make it worse, so applying a sunscreen with SPF 30 or above (or an appropriate level of sunscreen protection) can protect your skin from further damage.
- Papaya: This fruit is great for restoring and reviving melanin (responsible for skin pigmentation). Drinking papaya juice or rubbing papaya on the affected area can reduce vitiligo to some extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Not everyone can conceive a baby easily. The inability to conceive a baby despite having intercourse during the fertile window in a woman’s menstrual cycle for over a year is termed as infertility. Infertility does not affect only the physical health of a woman, but also her mental and emotional well-being as well as the couple’s social health.
In some cases, infertility can be treated with Ayurveda. According to Ayurveda, a couple needs to be both physically and mentally strong and healthy. Ayurveda believes that a lack of nutrition in the shukra dhatu or the person’s reproductive tissue is the cause of infertility. This can be triggered by indigestion, anxiety, depression, insomnia and the presence of toxins in the body. Some of the ways Ayurveda can be used to treat infertility are as follows:
- Eat cool foods: Spicy food can affect the quality of shukra dhatu and lower the quality and quantity of both sperm and ovum. This is because shukra dhatu requires a cool environment to promote fertility. Hence, eat food that is easy to digest and which has a cooling effect on the body. Men can benefit from foods like asparagus, dates and almonds, while foods like quinoa and pineapples can help a woman conceive easily.
- Shirodhara therapy: Shirodhara involves the movement of liquid over the forehead in a rhythmic manner at specific points. This stimulates the hypothalamus, pituitary and pineal glands and aids in the secretion of hormones including follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH). When it comes to women, FSH stimulates the ovarian follicles into releasing an egg without which it would be impossible to conceive a child.
- Fight stress: One of the effects of stress is reduced libido. Prolonged exposure to stress is often a major factor that contributes to infertility. When it comes to women, stress makes a woman ovulate less regularly. In men, stress can affect the sperm production and affect testosterone levels. To fight stress, try deep breathing exercises like alom vilom or keep a little time aside each morning for a walk or light exercise.
- Lodhra: This herb is very beneficial in treating women with infertility. It stimulates FSH and luteinising hormones (LH) and lowers the risk of a miscarriage. It also increases chances of conception. Lodhra should be taken twice a day along with honey and milk.
- Lifestyle changes: Ayurveda is not only about herbal medicines but also following the right lifestyle. Bad habits like smoking, drug usage and alcohol not only affect a person’s overall health but also interfere with fertility. Hence, when trying to conceive a child, quit these bad habits and try following a healthier lifestyle that involves following a routine, eating right and exercising regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Dear sir/mam, Kya me Ashwagandha, safed musli. Kaunch beej aur shatavari ke churan ko mix karke subha shaam le sakta hu isme koi problem toh nhi hai na me Gym karta hu mere pass supplement lene ke liye paise nhi hai isliye muje ye hi lene padege kitna kitna spoon lena hai ye bhi btayiega please suggest me I'm 22 year old.
In an incredibly fast paced and unhealthy lifestyle of the modern world, irregular menses aren’t exactly an unusual situation. The length of a monthly cycle may either last longer than usual or end earlier than usual, only to begin in a short while again, accompanied by greater abdominal pain and blood loss. Irregular cycles may vary from 8 to 21 days or more. The variation of 21 days or more is considered highly irregular and abnormal. A woman may face some menstrual irregularities at both ends of menstrual life, (onset- menarche and end of cycle- menopause) which is normal and in most of the cases, it is self-establishing.
Causes of Irregular Menstrual Cycle:
The cause of irregularities in menstrual cycle is basically hormone imbalance. The altered levels in the body lead to irregular cycles. There are many factors in routine life which affect hormonal balance. Some of them are:
- Poor diet or wrong dietary habits
- Stress and anxiety, thoughts and emotions
- Lifestyle: Lack of physical activity and exercise, too much physical exertion, stress and strain during menses.
- Illness: Long-term illness like fever, tuberculosis, thyroid problem etc.
- Medication: Certain medicine if taken for a long time, like oral contraceptive pills, hormonal therapy etc., alters hormonal balance.
- Imbalance of Tridosha (vatta, pitta and kapha) in body, leads to irregularities of reproductive system.
As per Ayurveda, Vatta is the main culprit in menstrual irregularities.
How To Deal With Menstrual Irregularities:
With the sudden acceptance of eastern concepts of yoga and organic and indigenous medicines around the world, Ayurveda has gained importance in treating irregular menses, gynecological and obstetric problems.
- Lifestyle and Food- There is no alternative for lifestyle and food habits correction. Eating healthy and nutritious food, regular exercise, yoga, physical activity, outdoor games lead to good physical health.
- Meditation and Breathing: Exercise is good for taming hormones. It keeps a person physical and mentally healthy.
- Avoid heavy physical work during menses.
- A good oil massage over body keeps Vatta in balance (one of the important tridoshas of body: vatta, pitta and kapha).
Ayurveda has proven to be much helpful in regulating the menstrual cycles. According to certain studies, Ayurveda came in rather handy while tackling Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), a disease distressing 1 in 3 women today. It is certain that Ayurveda medicines work better in certain scenarios and definitely have fewer risks in comparison to allopathic medicines and surgeries. Over a period of time, they have proven much more beneficial in overcoming the irregular menses and the irritation along with the accompanying pain and PMS symptoms. Ayurvedic medicines use herbs and roots and almost everything found in nature to discover a rather organic cure for diseases. Certain plants like Shatavari are used to reduce the much spoken about mood swings or PMS symptoms during periods which can only worsen in case of an irregularity. The bark of the Ashoka tree has proven to be quite helpful in relieving menstrual pain and excessive bleeding. Other plants and their parts like the Lodhra, Guggul, Guduchi and Amlaki, Jatamansi etc. are useful in regulating periods and reducing the stress and irritation accompanied by it.
Panchkarma- Basti therapy (Enema- administration of medicines through rectal route). In this treatment, decoction of different herbs and medicated oils are used for giving enema. Basti has proven its efficacy since centuries, for treating Vatta. A course of 5, 8, 15, 30 or 60 basti, as per person’s requirement can be given for menstrual problems. Irregular periods, although are faced by a large chunk of women, pose different symptoms for different people and hence individualized treatment is advised. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.