Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neeraj Jain
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj JainYour feedback matters!
My hands often shiver like a old man, wherein I'm just 23. What is the remedy for the nerve weakness?
Respected doctors, I am a male of 29 years of age, I am suffering from generalized anxiety disorder feeling like I am in a like state, light headed, foggy vision, stiff head, head feeling numb, depersonalization, tough to carry on life since 1 and half year. One of psychiatrist tell me that I had taken lots of medicine as I was hospitalized 3 times in a year and therefore depersonalised has taken place and feeling numbness in head due to heavy medicine. Eat healthy sleep healthy will create stamina and slowly your anxiety will be improved. Please suggest.
A neurological disorder characterized by sudden recurrent episodes of sensory disturbance, loss of consciousness, and convulsions associated with abnormal electrical activity in the brain.
Role of physiotherapy in epilepsy
It helps improve strength, mobility, and increases the range of motion and sphere of movement.
It helps improve sensory awareness, response, balance, and coordination.
It helps to improve quality of movement and physical performance.
The goals of physiotherapy
To develop strength enough to support one’s head upright
To have balance and motor control to maintain their trunk at midline
To use many different muscle groups
To assist necessary motion in their trunk and extremities
The physiotherapists write short-term goals for each of the items on the problem list that need to be covered to help the patient achieve the long-term goals
To understand what the patient is good at and does well
To focus on what he or she capable of doing rather than on what they can’t do
To educate and provide awareness with a view to prevent injuries
For example, advice on special swimming equipment to prevent drowning if he/she gets seizures in the pool
Padding out sharp corners in the house to prevent damage if fallen on
Physiotherapy treatment for a healed fracture consists of strengthening muscles that have got weak from being immobilized and stretching muscles that are stiff owing to being in the cast for a long period of time.
How can physical exercise help with seizures?
Physical exercise improves fitness, energy, and mood and even relieves stress. Improving overall health and well-being in this way can help reduce seizures.
- It can also help people feel more in control of their health.
- It also helps release ‘feel good’ hormones into the brain, keeps muscles active, reduces fat levels in the body, and increases oxygen flow to the brain.
- It can also increase the bone density.
- A research showed that regular sessions of aerobic exercise (for example running, walking, swimming, cycling) for 60 minutes, twice a week, for 15 weeks can result in a significant reduction in the number of seizures they had.
- Drink water, diluted fruit juice, or squash while exercising to help replace the fluids and body. Do not exercise straight after a meal.
- Team sports or group activities such as walking or gardening groups can also be a good way of increasing self-confidence.
- Making new friends may help with any feelings of isolation.
- Most sports, including contact sports like football, hockey, basketball and rugby, have not shown to increase the chance of someone having a seizure, but contact sports come with an increased risk of head injuries, which could affect people with a history of epilepsy. Protective sports headgear helps to reduce this risk.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!