Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Submit a review for Dr. Neeraj JainYour feedback matters!
My father (45 years) is having fits. He has dat problem since childhood but its vry sad n depressing to see my father when he gets it. He had one yesterday n even today which lasted for 2-3 minutes. His medical report is all clear. Is it a serious problem? I want to know abt this issue. please help me.
My age 21. Sometimes when I was nervous my body and hand is shaking and have never stopped. Body also weak. Give some advice.
Good morning I am uday rawal from pune maharashtra. My spouse having problem migraine & headache problem. I have gone for other treatment, but results are not satisfactory. Can anyone gives us solution or suggestions.
I have a tumor on my brain. I have a tumor on my brain and it's control my hormones and so the doctor gave me medicine to shrink it and he said I might start to have a period which I haven't had a period in 5 years so I having one witch it lasted 5 weeks I was in pain with it and the put idu in and got then to take it out I finally stop but right now in in alot pain on virtual area and down my right leg and I did a biyose and altura sound and now I go do a bone scan and coloisme a to see why hurt so much so the question is I want you option why does my vangina hurt and right leg.
Near upper right jaw feeling mild pain and numbness. Nerokind tabletes are suggested by dentist when these are used feeling fine but after 8 hours when tab power lasts again repeats numbness at upper right jaw. How long these tabs should be continued.
Hello sir My sisters age is 21. She is suffering from backache n she feels like something is vibrating inside her right chest. Is this any serious matter? please reply fast.
Dear sir She is suffering from some type of mental disease.In that case, she suddenly fall in unconsciousness state .and sometimes talks wrong things .wrong things means she continues abusing others for no reason. Sometimes she behaves so lovingly to them. All tests are normal except some kind of ear test that is not tested yet.
Autism is a complex neurodevelopmental disorder that affects 1-2 people out of every 1,000 people worldwide. It is a wide spectrum disorder, so no two people with autism will have the exact same symptoms. There are those who function easily, those who are impaired and struggle to live normally and then there are others in between. Difficulties in communicating, social impairment and repetitive patterns of behaviour are some of the major symptoms that characterise autism and the related autism spectrum disorders (ASD).
Read the following articles to gain a better understanding of this condition:
In order to create awareness and combat this problem, early diagnosis and social acceptance is necessary. Here's a brief on what we can do to recognise autism.
Decoding the Symptoms of Autism
Although there is no scientific cure for autism, its symptoms can be worked upon with the help of a communication or behavioural therapist.
Treatments for Autism
In this article, we chalk out the main treatments and therapies for curing autism in children and adolescents.
In conclusion, it’s important to treat these conditions not as disorders but to accept them as differences. Accept them in the same way we accept people of all races. These conditions are not caused by any disease or injury but because of genetics andenvironmental factors. Science suggests that neurological diversity has helped humans throughout their evolution to survive in the environment. It’s possible that those affected might just come up with solutions for problems that might escape those with normal brain wiring. Not because they’re necessarily smarter, or better, but because they think differently. So it’s necessary to accept, respect and accommodate those with such conditions. To care, not repair is the outlook we should have for the betterment of mankind.
Does masturbating 2-3 in a week affect our liver or any part of our body. I feel week and I am having hair fall also. My hands shake sometimes I can not run for 5 mins.
Hi doctor I wanted to know why migraine happens and how long medications have to be taken and is it harmful.
If you are being treated for Parkinson's disease. How can you maximize the effect of Levodopa? The effect of levodopa can be maximized by increasing its absorption from the digestive system. In particular, taking levodopa on an empty stomach is very important.
- Take on an empty stomach: Do not eat anything 1 hour before taking levodopa. Do not eat anything for at least 30 minutes and if possible 1 hour after taking it. Take the pill with 2 glasses of water so that it can dissolve. If taking the levodopa on an empty stomach makes you nauseous, confirm that your medication has the right amount of carbidopa in relation to the levodopa (25%). If you continue to feel nauseous, you can eat a piece of white bread around the time that you take levodopa. Do not apply any butter, yogurt, cheese or similar high protein spreads. Protein can drastically decrease the absorption of levodopa.
- Get your constipation treated: This is critically important too. Being constipated can slow down the passage of levodopa through the digestive system. In most patients, drinking adequate water and taking stool softeners is helpful.
- Get your ulcer treated: It can be difficult to recognize that you have a gastric ulcer. However, if you have a burning sensation in your stomach at any time, or belch frequently, you may have a gastric ulcer. If you think you have an ulcer you should get tested (there is a simple breath test now) and treated with antibiotics (not antacids!)
- Do not take levodopa with iron tablets: The iron binds to levodopa and prevents its absorption. Keep a gap of at least two hours between these two medications.
- Try taking levodopa with orange juice and carbonated water (soda): Mix equal quantities of orange juice and carbonated water (soda). Take your regular levodopa with a glass of this preparation instead of water. The carbonated water hastens disintegration of the tablet, and the acidity of both things helps in levodopa absorption. There are special tablets of levodopa (dispersible levodopa, Madopar) which can be dissolved in this preparation. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurologist.
Brain surgery involves several medical procedures, which incorporate fixing issues with the brain, including changes in the tissues of the brain, cerebrospinal fluid and brain blood flow. Brain surgery is quite a complicated method of surgery and the type of surgery to be conducted depends on the underlying conditions.
Reasons for Brain Surgery:
Brain surgery is performed for the correction of physical brain abnormalities. These abnormalities could occur because of diseases, birth defects and injuries. A brain surgery is required when the following conditions arise in the brain:
- Abnormal blood vessels
- Blood clots in the brain
- When the protective tissue or dura is damaged
- Due to nerve damage
- Parkinson's disease
- Any kind of pressure after an injury
- Skull fractures
- In case of stroke and tumors
A surgery may not be required for all the above mentioned conditions, but in case of many, a brain surgery is very important as the conditions may worsen health problems.
Types of brain surgeries:
- Craniotomy: During this open brain surgery, an incision is made in the scalp, and a hole is created in the skull, near the area, which is being treated. After this process is complete, the hole or bone flap is secured in its place using plates or wires.
- Biopsy: This form of brain surgery helps in the removal of a small amount of brain tissues or tumors. After removal, the tissues or tumors are examined under a microscope. The creation of a small incision and a hole in the skull is indicated as a part of this process.
- Minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery: This form of brain surgery enables the removal or lesions and tumors via the nose and sinuses. Private parts of the brain can be accessed without creating an incision. An endoscope is utilized in the process which is used to examine tumors all across the brain.
- Minimally Invasive neuroendoscopy: This process is similar to the minimally invasive endonasal endoscopic surgery. This method also involves the use of an endoscope for removal of brain tumors. Small, dime sized holes may be made in the skull to access some brain parts.
Brain surgeries may be associated with several risks. They may be:
- Allergic reactions to anesthesia
- Blood clot formations
- Swelling of the brain
- A state of coma
- Impairment in speech, coordination and vision.
- Problems in memory
- Strokes and seizures
- Infections in the brain
Brain surgeries are now much safer with advancements in medical science. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
I am suffering from Migraine. Can you please suggest me any medicine so that I can get rid of the heavy pain which was unbearable.
My simple question is im really confuse bcoz im having pain in my head from 5 years and pain is continually 24 hours is this migraine headache. Is migraine pain 24 hours.
Headaches and migraines can vary drastically depending on their duration, specific symptoms and the person they are affecting. The more you know about your specific type of headache or migraine, the better prepared you will be to treat them—and possibly even prevent them. The two types of migraine are-
- Migraine without aura: The majority of migraine sufferers have Migraine without Aura.
- Migraine with aura: Migraine with Aura refers to a range of neurological disturbances that occur before the headache begins, usually lasting about 20-60 minutes.
Symptoms of migraine vary and also depend on the type of migraine. A migraine has four stages: prodrome, aura, headache and postdrome. But it is not necessary that all the migraine sufferers experience all the four stages.
Prodrome: The signs of this begin to appear a day or two days before the headache starts. The signs include depression, constipation, food cravings, irritability, uncontrollable yawning, neck stiffness and hyperactivity.
Migraine Aura: Auras are a range of symptoms of the central nervous system. These might occur much before or during the migraine, but most people get a migraine without an aura. Auras usually begin gradually and increase in intensity. They last for an hour or even longer and are
- Visual: Seeing bright spots, various shapes, experiencing vision loss, and flashes of light
- Sensory: Present in the form of touch sensations like feeling of pins and needles in the arms and legs
- Motor: Usually related with the movement problems like the limb weakness
- Verbal: It is related with the speech problems
Headache: In case of a migraine attack one might experience:
- Pain on both sides or one side of the head
- Pain is throbbing in nature
- Vomiting and nausea
- Sensitivity to smells, sound and light
- Vision is blurred
- Fainting and lightheadedness
Postdrome: This is the final phase of the migraine. During this phase one might feel fatigued, though some people feel euphoric.
Red flags that the patient may be having underlying serious disorder not migraine
- Onset of headaches >50 years
- Thunderclap headache - subarachnoid haemorrhage
- Neurological symptoms or signs
- Immunosuppression or malignancy
- Red eye and haloes around lights - acute angle closure glaucoma
- Worsening symptoms
- Symptoms of temporal arteritis
These patients require CT scan / MRI or CSF examination. Most Migraine patients do not need these tests.
Diagnosis of Migraine: Usually migraines go undiagnosed and thus are untreated. In case you experience the symptoms regularly then talk to the doctor, who evaluates the symptoms and can start a treatment. You can also be referred to a neurologist who is trained to treat the migraines and other conditions. During the appointment the neurologist usually asks about the family history of headaches and migraines along with your symptoms and medical history.
The doctor might advise for some tests like:
- Blood Tests: These reveal problems with the blood vessel like an infection in the spinal cord and brain.
- CT scan: Used to diagnose the infections, tumors, brain damage, and bleeding that cause the migraines.
- MRI: This helps to diagnose the tumors bleeding infections, neurological conditions, and strokes.
- Lumbar Puncture: For analyzing infections and neurological damages. In lumbar puncture a thin needle is inserted between the two vertebrae to remove a sample of the cerebrospinal fluid for analysis.
Migraine treatments can help stop symptoms and prevent future attacks.
Many medications have been designed to treat migraines. Some drugs often used to treat other conditions also may help relieve or prevent migraines. Medications used to combat migraines fall into two broad categories:
- Pain-relieving medications. Also known as acute or abortive treatment, these types of drugs are taken during migraine attacks and are designed to stop symptoms.
- Preventive medications. These types of drugs are taken regularly, often on a daily basis, to reduce the severity or frequency of migraines.
Your treatment strategy depends on the frequency and severity of your headaches, the degree of disability your headaches cause, and your other medical conditions.
Some medications aren't recommended if you're pregnant or breast-feeding. Some medications aren't given to children. Consult a doctor find the right medication for you.