Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neelam
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. NeelamYour feedback matters!
Because of joint pain, not able to walk properly. Even not able to keep the legs straight. Any suggestion or any advice regarding medication?
My mother feeling pain all body. Last 15 years she is suffering bone pain in the joint of hand and backrest. That time it was not serious, but now this problem is very serious. She can not stand or sit or walk more than 25 minute. When she cut vegetables, talk in phone, watch TV, or travel in train, she fell a kind of pain in (neck back) to shoulder. From today she is very ill, her vain from neck to shoulder getting so tension (a kind of feeling when we carry a heavy load)
She had joint pain. Frm last 10 year. May be suffering from arthritis. And always leg become swollen.
I am Having a serious pain in left arm from 3-4 days, is this an indication of heart disease? Please suggest. I am a 54 year male.
I have a problem with my right hand Whenever ivory to lift any weight it doesvfeel. Paining I have all my elreports ok butvdont know why it pains Please helpvme sir.
I am 19 year's old boy. My two shoulders are little down and bends towards front And at the neck region I feel pain. Nearly About 2 years I have treatment but I get not any relief.
I am suffering from tendonitis in right arms from 2 months. It's very painful. How could I relief from tendonitis.
Plantars Fasciitis is an orthopaedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain.
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive Footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific foot wear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantars Fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for the feet. These also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pull at the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and this ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretches and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Pain Killers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti Inflammatory Drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor.