Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Occupational Therapists in India. You will find Occupational Therapists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Occupational Therapists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Neelam
Speech Therapy Treatment
Sensory Integration Therapy
Occupational Therapy Treatment
Control Program Occupational Health - Pcmso
Minor Ot Service Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. NeelamYour feedback matters!
I am a 33 years old having diabetes for past 4 years. For some time I am having some pain in my legs usually at night which results is not so good sleep.
My cousin is suffering from muscle pain under both the knees from last 10 years. He been to many doctors and used no. Of medicines. But there is no impact on the pain. Before 3 months we been to "Satya Sai Hospital" and they prescribed "Neugalin - A 75 mg" which relief the pain. But when he is not take for one day he suffers a lot with the pain again. Secondly, main problem is he started losing weight from last 2 months (75 kg to 51 kg now). We are in deep concern about this. Could you please suggest what to do for the very next step?
I have got small lump near my fore neck area, I have very minute pain when I try to touch it. Could you please tell me what is all.
I'm experiencing upper back ache along with pain in my right arm, mostly when I wake up in the morning.
I am 32 years male it was diagnosed in 2013 i have numerous interal neuroforimas. Whenever some one touches or if there some kind of physical pressure it gives me intense pain which in turn gets me very angry.
I am 53 years old male. I have pain in my right shoulder till elbow since last 3 months. Initially I had burning sensation in my shoulder moving part. I used to sleep on right side and all weight used to come on this shoulder. This due to that or surgical. Now I am taking MECOFOL-PLUS NF 2 tabs daily. My power for this hand is reduced even feel pain for lifting some small weight.
I am suffering from luekoria. I am very upset with this problem. I have back pain also and I get tired very soon.
Myelopathy refers to any neurological deficit pertaining to the spinal cord. The three most common types of myelopathy are Cervical myelopathy, Lumbar myelopathy and Thoracic myelopathy. Here are the causes and symptoms of myelopathy.
- Injury: This is a very common cause of myelopathy. Any type of accident or even a traumatic event can cause myelopathy and perhaps even paralysis.
- Spinal stenosis: This is a condition in which the spinal cord narrows and is one of the leading causes of myelopathy.
- Degenerative disc disorders: As you get older, disc disorders are more likely to occur, as well as other conditions which affect the spinal column, such as osteoporosis, etc.
- Tumor: It is a little known fact that tumors very often do cause myelopathy.
- Multiple sclerosis: There are many other diseases, which may cause myelopathy and multiple sclerosis is one of them.
There are many indications that you are suffering from myelopathy and should consult a medical expert. Here are some of them:
- Change in coordination: It refers to the state, wherein, all of a sudden you may find it harder to move certain limbs the way you want to. Sometimes, it may affect your whole body as well.
- Sudden muscle weakness: It is highly likely, that if you have myelopathy then you will experience sudden weakness in your muscles.
- Decreased hand-eye coordination: This is perhaps the biggest indicator of myelopathy since hand-eye coordination is directly linked to your spinal cord and brain and if they are not functioning properly then hand-eye coordination will be affected.
These are just some of the symptoms of myelopathy, however, the doctor cannot diagnose myelopathy until he conduct certain tests. These tests include MRI scans and other tests as well as a regular physical check-up along with a check of your medical history.