Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Dr. Ms. Meghna KhariaYour feedback matters!
Hello doctor, I am taking swasth vardhak ayurved waight gainer capsule since last 10 days,my qsn is how long can I take this capsule is there any side effect.And I also want to increase my appetid.I am doing work out in gym 4 times a week thats why I am asking this qsn please give your best suggestion ? thanks.
Mera weight km ho rha hai meri height 5'4 hai or weight 46 hai. App mujhy koi deit chart ya fir kuch healthy supplyment btyiye jisse mera weight gain ho sake.
I am very weak so I want to gain weight. And also tell me I have pyria in teeth so please give me solutions.
I am studying in 11th and I have put on weight approx more than my age please help me and give the tips to lose on weight very easily and rapidly I am taking 1 medicine sbl my Age is 16.
I am 25yrs old girl. My weight is 56 and I want to loss weight doctor as soon as possible without any side affects. Because due to increasing of my weight I am getting irregular periods problem doctor. Is green tea or Dr. Tea is helping to reduce weight? what kind of food will reduce my weight? please reply me.
by Caroline Rushforth
July 26, 2012 3:39 PM
￼What kind of information do you like to fill your mind with? Do you find yourself constantly reading cheap or free newspapers only to find there is a terrible story in it that upsets you? Or perhaps you get caught up in other people’s opinions and conversations and find yourself agreeing to things that you actually don’t agree with!
Did you know that you are heavily influenced by the people you surround yourself with on a regular basis? In fact, you pick up behaviors, mannerisms, opinions, beliefs and oodles of other information that your brain unconsciously absorbs, resulting in similar behaviors.
If you want to make a change, grow or break a habit or routine, look to your environment - the people around you, where you work, what you read and how you speak to yourself. All have significant influences on what you are internalizing, and have an impact on how you live your life. Here are five tips on keeping a healthy mind to help you on your way!
We read about the profound effects that meditation has on our mind, but how many of you actually do it on a daily basis? I used to be a complete fidget bum in my early 20s, and the thought of staying still for longer than a minute was catastrophic! It was certainly challenging, but I practiced and persevered and now find it pretty effortless if I give myself enough time to relax. I do have to make time every evening to relax and clear my mind before I can go to sleep, or else I won’t sleep well! Of course, first thing in the morning is also a great time to meditate. When you meditate, you are giving your mind time to clear, reformat itself for all the new information that is going to be taken in the following day, or day ahead.
As important as it is to be aware of what is going on in the world, the media is very centered on pain and negativity. This fuels pessimism, and ideally it’s best to avoid subjecting your mind to it regularly. There is no point in being stressed or worried about something you have limited control over; it’s a pointless waste of energy. Also, beware of brainwashing; all is not necessarily as it seems, and the media are great at exaggerating and bending the truth. If you want to make a difference to the world in some way, you could seek out some voluntary work or donate to a charity.
3. Surround yourself with people who give you opportunities to grow.
There is a metaphor which I love to use to describe letting go of old friends or relationships that are no longer useful to us. I like to call them “Old Potatoes.” If you can let go of some Old Potatoes, you can make way for New Potatoes. Friendships and relationships are based on love, and love is energy. When the frequencies change, you will find that particular friends and relationships may drop away, or you don’t feel you have anything in common with them any longer. If you continue to hold on to relationships which no longer serve you, they sap your energy resources or distract you from focussing your mind. Holding on to Old Potatoes blocks the doorway to gaining new ones. Don’t be afraid to let go if you feel the time is right; you will find that new opportunities will arise as a result. You never know who that next amazing person/teacher/friend/lover/mentor is going to be!
4. Eat healthy
Of course, eating healthy and staying hydrated are really important for brain function. I have spent many years discovering what my body likes and dislikes, and it’s taken me years to change habits and routines. But, I feel so much better for cutting down on wheat, dairy, caffeine and sugar. All of these things affect how I think and how my body feels. Of course, the experience is different for everyone, which is why only you know what your body needs and would benefit from eliminating. You can experiment by cutting out a certain food or drink for as short as a week if you suspect that your body is rejecting it. The turnaround time is normally five days to completely flush it out of your system.
5. Spend your time doing something you LOVE!
The most important thing of all is to ensure you spend time doing a hobby or activity you love. When we participate in doing something we love, we radiate so many positive emotions, all magnetizing out into the universe to bring you back more joy and happiness. So many people get stuck in a rut and lose focus on what is important and brings them pleasure. Find something you love to do, and do it daily.
I am suffering from over weight, please guide me by an home base idea, cause i am not free more for outing sources.
I am diabetic patient blood sugar level is 115/284. Kindly suggest me what to do. Taking glynase 5 mg.
I have a fever my whole. Body feel very tired in this situation what i. Am. Trying to. Do please give. Me. Suggestion.
Hello sir. Can you please tell me wat 2 do. To gain weight. I have tried everything even endura mass but didn't work. please hlp me out. Thanks.
Sir, I am 40 years male old & I am diabetic, in blood test, I have ldl cholesterol - 117 mg/dl hdl, - 39. 6 mg/dl triglycerides - 176 mg/dl serum creatinine - 0. 9 mg/dl ldl/hdl ratio is 3. 0 cholesterol / hdl ratio is 4. 8 non-hdl cholesterol: 152 mg/dl doctor suggested the medicine i. E" atorvastatin tablets 40mg, is it correct dose? please clarify my doubt.
I am a 20 yr old college student and live in hostel so I don't have access to good and nutritious food. I have belly fat and I wanna reduce it. I go to gym regularly but I don't have satisfactory results. So can you give me a diet plan suitable for this considering my above stated conditions. I have heard low carbohydrate diet help in reducing fat is it true?
Many women experience pain in their genitals intermittently or a few times during their lives which may be caused by varying factors. However, when pain in the vulva and the surrounding area occurs in regular cycles or constantly without any underlying reasons, it is known as Vulvodynia. This is characterized by pain in the vulva, the surrounding areas, the entrance to the vagina and the urethra. Let's look at some of the treatment options for Vulvodynia:
1. Topical or local anesthetics: As Vulvodynia is a condition due to the abnormal sensitivity of the area surrounding the vulva, using anesthetics will help to ease the pain. Treatments like ointment and sprays will numb the area and ease the symptoms. This can even be applied before sexual intercourse if it is a trigger for pain.
2. Injections that act as nerve blocks: Some women may experience sensitivity as they may have neural problems and due to this sensitivity in the nerves in the genital area, may suffer from Vulvodynia. This is usually treated with nerve blocks or medications that reduce the sensitivity of the nerves. This should be only after consultation with the doctor.
3. Biofeedback therapy: There are certain forms of physical therapy which can be employed to reduce pain from Vulvodynia. Biofeedback therapy primarily deals with this problem by teaching patients to relax muscles.
4. Physical therapy of the pelvic floor muscles: This is also a common therapy where the patients are taught to relax and control the pelvic muscles. These are the muscles which support the bowel, the bladder and the uterus and specific exercises will help relax them, reducing the symptoms as well as decreasing the incidences of intermittent Vulvodynia.
5. Medications: This is the most common treatment for Vulvodynia. Various medications can be prescribed to patients depending on the type of pain they experience, such as Antihistamines for itching, tricyclic antidepressants for chronic pain among others. Steroids and anticonvulsants are also used to reduce pain.
6. Surgery of the affected area: If your pain is chronic and can't be treated by any other method, then doctors might suggest surgery to remove the bits of tissue from the affected area to reduce sensitivity and pain. However this is done only in the rarest of cases. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.
Hi doctor, my age is 25 and my body is like if I eat a single chapati that works equivalent to 4 to 5 and it gains weight very easily. I am doing exercises daily for about half an hour in the morning. Please suggest what else I can do to regulate my weight. Also, if by any means I loose some, then before my body gets affected, my face used to shrink because of that and my other body parts never show any such weight loss. Thanks
High Potassium Foods
- White Beans
- Dark Leafy Greens (Spinach)
- Baked Potatoes (With Skin)
- Dried Apricots
- Baked Acorn Squash
- Yogurt (Plain, Skim/Non-Fat)
- Mushrooms (White)
I am 24 years old male. My weight is 49 kg and I am very thin so how can my health improve and get fitness?
As stated by Ayurveda, Panchakarma is carried out in order to perform detoxification of the human body. "Pancha" means five while "karma" means treatment, thereby alluding to the five routines that are used to lessen the problematic doshas. Panchakarma is used to oust the doshas that are in excess and correct uneven characters. Moreover, it wipes out the problematic "ama" from the framework through the body's organs and elimination methods. Panchakarma sanitizes the tissues in a deeper manner. It incorporates step by step massages as well as oil showers, natural enemas and nasal associations. Ayurveda prescribes Panchakarma as a general medication in maintaining mental as well as physical cleanliness and balance.
Like each single medicinal procedure, Panchakarma Therapy should be started with an interview with a qualified Ayurvedic doctor who can then determine the individual's "prakriti", the condition of the health issue and the best possible level of power of those supported medicines.
There are a variety of therapies that can be used during the "Panchakarma" process. Two or three processes can be utilized in combination with each other. The five different therapies are:
- Abhyangasis the only home developed oil massage expected to deeply pass through the skin, loosen up the mind and body, differentiate between polluting influences, and recreate both blood and lymph stream. This brings about wanted conditions which is a raised state of mindfulness that will initiate and direct the inward repairing course of action of the body.
- Garshana pharmaceuticals include brushing technique using a dry lymphatic skin with silk glove or wool. This redesigns the flow and cleanses the skin so that the oil and home developed drugs can go through the skin pores.
- Swedana is an independently herbalized steam shower, in the midst of which, the head as well as the heart are cooled but the body is warmed to clear mental and physical toxic substances held up significantly inside the tissues
- Pizichili is a relentless pouring of warm, soothing herbalized oil applied on the body by two Ayurvedic physicians as they back rub the body in flawless agreement.
- Udvartana is a highly probing common glue lymphatic massage which re-establishes the characteristic brilliance while taking out other dangerous components.