Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Weight Management Treatment
Customised Diet Chart
Diet Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Treatment
Child Nutrition Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Healthy Heart Diet
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Treatment Of Restenosis
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Hello sir, I have very skinny body structure at the age of 19 and my height is only 5 feet 4 inches. I want to increase my height as well as body well. Please guide me.
Sir just now I checked my blood pressure and it was 84/46 , heart rate was 67. Sometimes I feel week while waking up from sitting or sleeping posture. So I want to know what are the possibilities and remedies for this. I think I have low blood pressure. Can you recommend diets that can increase blood pressure? Thanks in adv
I am 28 year married female my height it 5.3 my weight is 47 is that ok or not my period is irregular.
I feel lazy. And tired. Always. Therefore I have no mood to work hard. If I willingly. I feel tired. Always. What should I do? Help me.
My mother recently had stroke and brain hemorrhage. She is now Lil stable but her weight is gaining a lot. She can't walk coz swelling feet. Her weigh is now 83kg she is 50years old. What should we do for her weight loss.
My aunt is 50 years old most of the time she have low body temperature so please give some tips regarding this.
I am having a belly fat. Can you suggest the remedies to remove. I recently delivered one month back so pls give the suggestion according to.
My mother is 70 years old & just diagnose sugar around 200. How to keep normal a sugar level! medicine as well as proper diet.
Hello, . I am 40 years old. I am suffering from lack of calcium in my body. What should I do to form calcium again in my body?
I am 30 years old unmarried female. I have frequently urine problem. I didn't feel pain or burning. I have pcos too now I am taking homeopathy medication for both problem but urinary problem is still same. I don't have diabetes and I drink 2-4 ltrs water every day but still nothing helped. I am so depressed and feel ashamed of going out coz of it. Please help me.
White rice is originally Brown rice which has been thoroughly refined before it is made available in the stores. Rice grain in its natural unpolished state is rich in fiber, thiamine, proteins, magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Whole rice is also rich in fiber which is good for your digestive system and also aids you to manage your weight effectively. There is a raging debate over the type of rice which is good for your health.
The following are some of the pointers that compare white rice to brown rice:
- Calorie composition: White rice contains more calories when compared to brown rice. A cup of white rice comprises of 242 calories, while a cup of brown rice comprises of 218 calories. Brown rice is recommended to people who are interested to cut down on their calorie intake as a whole.
- Carbohydrates and Fiber composition: Both brown rice and white rice are rich in carbohydrate. A cup of brown rice comprises of 53 grams of carbohydrates and a cup of brown rice comprises of 46 grams of the same. But when it comes to fiber content, brown rice contains more fiber. Fiber is known to boost the blood cholesterol level and aids in weight management; therefore brown rice is more beneficial for help.
- Fat and Protein composition: In case of fat and protein composition, both types of rice have a low fat composition while a cup of each type of rice contains about 4.5 grams of protein.
- Vitamins and Minerals composition: Brown rice is known to contain more percentage of natural vitamins and minerals when compared to white rice. White rice is thoroughly refined which results in the loss of its natural properties. The manufacturers tend to add vitamins and minerals artificially during the processing of the whole rice grain.
- Glycemic Index: According to studies, foods which have a high glycemic index tend to increase your blood sugar level. As per the glycemic index, brown rice has a much lower glycemic index than white rice. The average glycemic index of white rice is about 89 while in case of brown rice it's 50.
It can be said that brown rice is much more nutritious than white rice due to its wholesomeness and higher concentration of nutrients. Brown rice is highly recommended to those people who are health conscious and tend to be careful about their calorie intake.
Related Tip: "6 Do's and Don'ts of Healthy Eating Habits"