Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Nutrition Assessment Service
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Mrs. Sosamma JacobYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from skin problems as well as far issues, please suggest me to remove pimples and reduce fat from my body.
I want to gain my weight I am so thin so can you give some advice how to gain the weight. Thanks in advance.
I want to take a Gainer but I don't know which is the best can you please suggest me! want to increase my muscle and also doing gym so please tell us.
Hi doctors I am 22 years old boy with 103 kg weight. I want to lose the weight Please give me appropriate suggestions about exercise and diet chart.
"Getting back in shape” – These are the words that are simpler said than done. Some people treat every day with a renewed vigorousness and attack them with an aim to lose the excess fats. But in most cases even after spending hours at the gym and having a regularised diet may not be effective in losing the weight proportions. The chances are that they are ignoring one fundamental principle in any weight loss procedure - Doing things the right way. Hitting the gym hours together and starving cannot make you lean. They can lead to other health conditions altogether. Having a proper schedule both in the exercise and in the diet are mandatory to achieve an appropriate weight loss. Let us walk to through some of the common mistakes that are hampering weight loss.
- Protein intake: Protein intake is crucial, but having too much protein is not recommended as the excess protein can get stored as fat. They can eventually add to the weight instead of reducing it. Maintaining the average grams required per day is the healthier option. The dietician can chart it down as per the person's body condition.
- Vegetables: While most people add vegetables as a part of the diet they are mostly in the cooked format, thus by the time it is taken in all beneficial components are reduced. It is advisable to eat raw vegetables in subtle quantities, as eating too much raw can also be hard on the digestive system.
- Fruit juices: Just having a cup of juice in the morning is not enough as most fruits have sugar and they can indirectly increase your blood sugar levels. Always make it a point to have a healthy breakfast loaded with fibre and protein as they give all the energy to support a person throughout the day.
- Exercises: It is a common misconception that doing an exercise repeatedly can help in contouring that part. This is not correct as the muscles need time to rest before getting on the next set of exercise. Have the training evenly spaced out so that the strength gets retained in the muscle? In this way, the results also will be long standing. Also initially when starting to exercise, the results will be drastic, but over a period wears out. This does not mean that the effects are not visible. It is simply our body's way of stating that it has accustomed to the new routine and it will make the necessary changes in its own time. Remember that weight loss is not a single day achievement.
- Walking: Man has been designed to walk. Hence do not restrict yourself from this nature's biggest gift. Walking half a mile can rejuvenate the body both physically and mentally.
- Sleep: Having a good relaxed seven to eight hours sleep is also mandatory for the overall body condition. Make sure that the rest is always included as a part of the weight loss program.
The Dietician's Take:
A good dietician would say- "Have patience in any weight loss treatment." This is very much true as weight loss is a step-by-step procedure and avoiding these common mistakes can make the impact more profound and everlasting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am cautious about my weight. I am over weight. My height is 176 cm and I am of 29 years old. My weight is 86 kg. What I should do to become physically fit.
Hlo sir My dad is suffering from diabetes. His sugar level is around 150 (fasting) and around 240 (pp). His foot nails are very black and are brittle. Last year he was suffering from ganguering. And sometimes his fingers became unstable (sleepy fingers) Please suggest something.
I am 20 Years old . I have 55 Kilo gram .with a height of 172 Centi meters .i would like to increase my weight that is my mass with a healthy way. I think that my proprotionality of my height with my weight is not correct. That is I look like a lean. So how can I increase my body mass with a healthy and natural way. Can natural food helps me to overcome this problem. I eat 4 Times a day .a breakfast, lunch,snacks, and supper. Is this enough of not. Pls help me to increase my mass with natural and healthy way.
Because of codleaver oil tablets my weight is more what to do for losing weight I'm still 19 but weight is 60 please reply sir.
Hlw doctor. Please help me I want to reduce my weight. My weight is 90 kg. N I am 22 years old. Please help.
Hi I'm 25 years old I'm drinking womens Horlicks. But in ads thy show for above 30 years. Is that good to take. Pls kindly help.
Please help I am a breastfeeding mother. I feed my baby twice in a day and night feeding. I'm afraid if I follow a 1200 calorie diet and burn 200-300 calories per day. It may lead to my breast milk dry forever. Though I am taking a balance diet food.
1.My son is suffering from headache every two-three days. What should i do? 2.My son is 11 years old his weight is 41 kg i want to decrease his weight what should i do? what should i give to him to eat? 3.I have acidity problem what i do? what should i eat daily?
My periods are due on the 11th. I have been experiencing scanty spotting since past 2 days. I did a urine pregnancy test twice today morning and in both I got on strong line n one fainted line. Am I pregnant?
I want to improve my body weight. Which kind of food is better to improve my body vegetarian or non vegetarian.
I feel tired and lack of activeness because of throat pain .and I feel heaviness in my head. Kindly suggest some remedy .
While the very mention of the word ‘Farting’ makes some of you cringe and cover your nose, you can’t ignore the sheer obviousness of the whole process. It is as natural as eating, drinking, sleeping & other daily habits you associate yourself with. Farting occurs mainly when the air is trapped within your body. Air might be swallowed during eating or from intestinal gas and chemical reactions in the stomach. In hindsight, farting can be a good thing. Don’t think so?
Here are 5 reasons for you to believe that farting is actually wonderful and not as gross as you think it might be:
- The hydrogen sulphide present in the fart is poisonous and smelly, but if used in small amount, is known to be beneficial in the prevention of heart disorders and strokes.
- The smelling farts containing hydrogen sulphide, which is known to be useful for slowing down the ageing process
- Farting, openly and without inhibition, while being in a relationship can actually be considered as taking a step forward in terms of honesty and comfort in the relationship. If you can share the process with your other half without hesitation and can accept the pungency that comes with it, then the relationship is definitely working well.
- Farting can work as a self-defensive mechanism, as proved by recent researchers.
- Holding your fart for a long time might cause uncomfortable conditions, such as bloated bowel movements and haemorrhoids. No matter how much you hold them, the farts will release themselves once you’re relaxed, especially when you’re sleeping.
Bottom-line: Just let it go. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.