Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gastroenterologists in India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gastroenterologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Madhvan IyengarYour feedback matters!
I am 28 years male I have been suffering from gargling sound in my stomach with stomach upset for almost 2 months, which I was not understanding why it is happening. Initially I had bleeding in my stool as I have a lump around my anus which indicate piles but not sure whether bleeding come, because of piles or anything else as I had lots of spice food consistently 2 days before of this problem and started bleeding for another 2 days and then go away. And I have chronic constipation problem and I was using isabghol to cure my constipation which really helped to cure it. But since the time this gargling sound started in my stomach I started to worry more and I used so many medicine prescribed by Dr. but did not work.. So Dr. prescribed me to start Isabghol again. And I started to use isabghol which helped passing stool very smoothly, but still gargling sound was coming from stomach and after couple of days I realized I have started loose motion with fluffy/mushy soft stool and feeling weak/weight loss because of taking extra fiber. And yesterday I decided to take Norflox TZ which I usually take since my childhood to cure loose motion and thanks to God I observed its relaxed me, But I just wanted to know can I take Norflox TZ with Neksium 40 and normaxin RT which was recently prescribed by my Dr. to cure acid reflux and stomach ache.
I have severe gastritis problem where the gas gets stuck on my lower abdomen and the pain becomes unbearable. Due to gas the abdomen pain last for a day or two. I am 2 months pregnant. please help.
Diagnosed with Hernia in CT scan suffering from chronic GERD, suffering from abdominal pain since last few months. But on medication it goes off. But this time severity has increased and it prolonged.
I have been suffering from ulcerative colitis or crohn's disease I do not know. There is mucus in stool and feel weak and chill. What should I do and can I be cured? please help.
Hello doctor my dad is suffering pain when passing urine. And some reddish liquid coming from anus .what will be the reason. And he is a patient of pontine stroke too. Reply me fast.
Sir, I am suffering from piles from last few months. Feeling to much heat in anus after came out from latrine No bleeding but feels like a piece of glass or point of knife got stuck inside. Pain remains for 2-3 hours after leaving latrine. Sometimes also feels heat like that anal tube is filled with mirch powder. So much irritation, Please suggest me best Homeopathic remedies to get rid of it. Thanks.
My mother is 40 year old and suffering from khata dear (acidity) for last 8-9 month and headache. She took medicine but haven't got any relief. But from someways (5-6 days, she feel dry cough, irritation in the throat at the time of eating, headache and illness twice and thrice in a day. She is also not willing to eat anything. What should she do?
I saw little blood in my stool today. I am worried for any kind of diseases. I do not have any kind off pain. Little itching kind off but not serve. Stool is normal. Is it piles?
How to improve my digest system? I can't digest all which I eat easily When I eat something, I have to go for washroom within 40-60minutes Which medicine should I take? I am 19year boy This problem has occurred from last 2-3months.
Last year around the same time, I started having blood in my stool and a bit of pain during the excretion process and sometimes during sitting. On consulting with a doctor, he said that it's nothing and it healed after sometime and I was good to go. Now again I am going through the same problem and I don't have any idea what to do. Please help and guide me because I am too worried about it.
During excreta process my anus has a little sensation as if a cut or pimple exists . Can't excrete properly. Please help.
I have severe acidity and gas problem that result in heartburn ,headache and indigestion .Kindly suggest me some medicine.
Hi, I am getting continuous brups after eating anything, I have been on antibiotics for past 10 days. I have no burning sensation in stomach. Is it gas problem? Today after lunch I had pain in back and continuous brups and got reduced when I had walking for sometime. I have no habits of smoking or drinking. I still have pain in my right shoulder blade.
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures.