Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Madhushree VenkatYour feedback matters!
My sister is 24 years old, height is 5 feet 1 inches she have a weight 58 kg. She have no sugar or thyroid problems. How can she lose some kilos? please reply.
Doctor every month the period will come correctly but it not flows good in first day after that second day it' s gud then third day flows half of second day by fourth day a pinch only and same time white will come regularly. Half of the month it means before period I have pain in my left breast too. It may give problems to birth baby. I m newly married couple and my age is 22. Please help me and give a suggestion to me. I am always thinking about that
A stroke may be called a brain attack. It may happen to any person at any time. A stroke occurs when there is a vascular event in the brain causing a blockage of blood vessels or a rupture of vessels causing hemorrhage. The brain cells are starved of food and oxygen or are assaulted by a barrage of harmful agents released as a result of hemorrhage, suffering reversible or irreversible damage. Dead or disabled brain cells result in brain dysfunction due to which patients may lose control over parts of the body or lose the capacity to speak, think or remember.
Strokes can be mild to severe and require immediate medical attention. Stroke requires advanced care and a stroke patient is ideally treated by a multidisciplinary team of experts. At various stages of treatment, the attention of doctors specializing in Neurology, Neurosurgery, Critical Care, Medicine, Radiology and Physical Medicine may be required. Besides, good nursing care and physiotherapy are essential for better recovery from stroke.
Types of Stroke-
- Ischemic Stroke: This kind of stroke occurs when there is a blockage in a blood vessel, which supplies blood to the brain. The commonly seen underlying causes are atherosclerosis (which is a condition where fatty deposits occur in the walls of the blood vessels) or embolism (blood clot formed elsewhere reaches the brain circulation and blocks a smaller blood vessel). Other rarer causes of ischemic stroke are trauma, hypotension, vasospasm, etc..
- Hemorrhagic Stroke: This type of stroke occurs when a blood vessel ruptures into the brain. This can be caused by high blood pressure, weakened vessel wall due to atherosclerosis, or vascular malformations like aneurysms, AVM, or cavernomas.
- Transient Ischemic Attack: This type of stroke is also known as a mini-stroke. The blockage caused is temporary or transient in nature, and may happen repeatedly.
Treatment of Stroke:
A. General Treatment: Most cases require supportive management to prevent the secondary complications of stroke, so that the patient gets adequate time for the brain tissue to recover functions. Medicines are administered to control brain pressure, prevent convulsions and aid brain tissue recovery. Paralysis of muscles, difficulty in eating, drinking, breathing, controlling urine etc. make the patient highly dependent. Physiotherapy is essential for good recovery of impaired functions. It is essential for family and friends to encourage the patient and involve themselves in supportive care to prevent depression from setting in and for robust rehabilitation.
B. Specific Treatment of Ischemic Stroke
- Tissue Plasminogen Activator: This is one of the best ways to treat ischemic strokes presenting early. This medicine is given to the patient intravenously. It dissolves the blood clot and improves blood flow to the area of the brain which is affected. The medicine should be given within three to four hours after stroke symptoms appear.
- Endovascular procedure: This is again useful only if the patient reaches early. This is a process by which the blood clot is removed using a catheter, which gets inserted into the area of the blocked blood vessel. It helps in restoring blood flow to that area.
- Decompressive craniectomy: Large ischemic strokes cause a rise of brain pressure which may cause death. To reduce brain pressure, decompressive craniectomy surgery may be required if medicines alone are not effective.
In this, a large part of the skull on one side or in the front may be removed to allow space for a swelling brain and relieve intracranial pressure.
C. Specific Treatment of Hemorrhagic stroke
- Surgical treatment: Different modes of neurosurgery may be undertaken to remove blood clots, repair vascular malformations and for relieving pressure within the skull. The need for surgery depends on the cause, location and volume of hemorrhage besides other factors. It is an important decision, and the family needs to consult with the neurosurgeon and understand the implications thoroughly before agreeing or disagreeing for treatment.
- Endovascular coiling or embolisation: Act as standalone treatment or as an additional aid to surgery especially in vascular malformations like aneurysms or AVMs.
Hi Dr. My daughter is of 14+ n during periods she suffer from heaving bleeding plzz give sm suggestion she had bleeding for 7 DayS. please tell me something she can't take medicine also because it affects a lot during periods. So Dr. please help me.
My friend is feeding mother from 1 year. Now she stopped it. So she lost her breast tightness. She is irritating for her loose breast.
My period is irregular, first it use to come in 45 days bt now a month or 2 months. As i am getting married in 3 month, please suggest some beneficial home remedies.
I have taken ipill.After taking ipill I am doing toilet with burning sensation. Is dis normal Please suggest me mini pill name
Hi, i' m 24 yrs old, i' m a new mom. Yet i' m a nursing mom to my baby. My periods started after giving birth. It continued for 2 weeks and furtherly stopped. Im giving breastfeeding to my 5 months old baby. But again after 4 months, again my menopause have started. But I can see heavy flow than my older menopause. This is first time, i' m getting heavy menopause, tampering for the very 3 hours. This is my 3rd day. Still having heavy flow. Y it occurs? is there any problem? I afraid of it.
My periods r always late .some time they r painful .and I am not sure but I think I had a pcod .and my periods some time they late for 2-3 months .now I am a married and I am 19 years old.
What should be the precautions after saheli pills starts. How much time we must avoid direct intercross?
Hello doctor we are newly married couple we planned for our honeymoon this week plss suggest us how to overcome fear of pain how to minimize pain and maximize pleasure.
She had her periods last on 13th Feb. After that she had unprotected sex with her bf on 2nd March. Is there any chances of her getting pregnant. If yes, please suggest something to avoid this pregnancy.
I am 15 year old, 10th standard girl but I still not stated menstruation cycle Kindly advise is there any problem later stage.
I have intercourse 4 month ago but he wihdrawl before ejaculation I have get period in next 2month but the flow is slow now I have missed my period for 2month and I have hemoglobin8.4 is iam pregnant?
My wife is 26 years old and she is suffering from pcos problem. After trying allopathic and homeopathic medicine for one year we could not be able to get child. Now my wife's periods is normal and she stopped the medicine last five months. Please suggest me any treatment so that my wife get pregnant.
Sir meri shadi ko 4 mhine ho gye hai hame sex karte hai bina condom k par pregnecy nhi ho rhi hai or period ek month me do bar ate hai par meri biwi ka pet bada ho gaya hai kya daily sex karne, se pragnacy me koi problem ho sakti hai.Please tell.
Every month my period change the date and it's come little bleeding I use 2 whisper a day and one night time. What happens.
Refreshing Cups of Tea, Coffee?
It is a medically known fact that tea, coffee, and colas contain a chemical caffeine which is responsible for giving you the feeling of mental and physical alertness. Caffeine is also present to some extent in chocolate.
If you take these beverages only very occasionally,a single cup of coffee can increase your blood pressure by up to 10mm Hg. However if you take it every day, your body gets used to its effects and there may not be any effect on your blood pressure, even in the long run. Women who suffer from low blood pressure will actually benefit from an occasional cuppa.
People who have an established history of heart disease need to be cautious if they take more than 2 cups of coffee and equivalent per day. In the long run, caffeine may increase anxiety and depression.
On the other hand, long-term caffeine intake of more than 2 cups a day may reduce age-related memory loss, Parkinson's disease, liver cirrhosis and onset of diabetes.
If you want to make your cuppa super efficient and boost your metabolism further, just sprinkle a pinch of cinnamon powder on top.It may just help you loose weight faster...