Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Harshada DeshpandeYour feedback matters!
Hi. Greetings! Well I have a great concern with regard to my eyes as it turns red whenever I eat sweets since 2008. I did consult eye specialist then couple of times and even now I do blood check up but it always come within normal range. I am scared whether I am diabetic. I hate injections. I have cut short all my sweet cravings still once in a while I have some and I get my eyes turn red in some time. I am scared and emotionally its taunting me high as I am a single mom and have a small kid with me who is totally my responsibility. Please suggest me. Thanks for your time!
Ghee is a good fat! if you know how to use It.
- Ghee, which is known as ‘ghrita’ in ayurveda, is described as ‘the best’ among lipid. Media due to its quality of inheriting and enhancing the drug potency. It is given Foremost importance for internal usage in diet or as an adjuvant medicine.
- It is extensively used in ayurvedic practice, especially in degenerative, chronic and Deep-seated diseases.
- Ghee is used as medicine by itself or as media for extraction, absorption and Assimilation of any medicine. It is used as medicine when qualities of lipids and fats Are required for treatment. It is used as solvent or base for extraction of herbo-mineral Active principles. It is used as media for absorption of lipid soluble vitamins or other Active principles in the food or medicine. It is also used as a carrier media in certain medicines to facilitate the transport of active principles across the cell membrane, which is permeable only to lipid molecules, e. G, the blood-brain barrier where transport of ‘medhya’ (which promote intellect and memory) medicines is possible if the drug is processed in lipid media.
- Ghee is used in different doses for different purposes at different timings in ayurvedic treatment. It is given in larger doses on empty stomach without food for the purpose of cleansing the body by panchakarma procedures. Whereas, if it is to increase the bulk of the body, then it is given in small quantities mixed with food. Similarly, if it is used as medicine to alleviate some disease process, then it is given in moderate doses on empty stomach.
The relevance of such usage of ghee in this era of ‘cholesterol threat’ can be explained as follows:
- Even though ghee is an animal fat, studies have shown that the larger doses given for cleansing purpose do not increase the level of ‘bad’ cholesterol, ldl. Instead, this increased the ‘good’ cholesterol hdl or sometimes did not alter the lipid profile at all.
- Alleviating doses of medicated ghee is helpful in absorption and transport of lipid soluble active principles across cell membranes, which are permeable only to lipid media. Also, ghee has the ability to increase the levels of fat soluble vitamins, especially vitamin e in the blood which is an important antioxidant in preventing oxidation of ldl in the sub-endothelial space of arteries and thus, preventing atherosclerosis and the consequent heart attack or stroke.
- Bulk promoting doses of ghee are used where there is indication for that, especially in a lean and emaciated person. In such cases, there will be deficiency of fats and fat- soluble principles. Moreover, even though ldl is depicted as ‘bad’ cholesterol, it is required in its non-oxidized form to build and repair the cell wall and hence, for all structural units in the body. So, administration of ghee in such persons will fulfill the deficient principles to build, maintain and repair those structural units.
- Many enzymes and hormones are also released and activated by lipids in gi tract and blood. Ghee stimulates biliary secretion and contraction of gall bladder. It nourishes Gi mucosa, lubricates it, enhances the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and strengthens the colonic flora of useful microbes.
- Thus, usage of ghee in suitable conditions with suitable doses of suitable preparations will render thousands of benefits due to nullification of toxins and toxic effects of drugs; increased absorption, transportation and bio-availability of the drugs used and also by acting as a media to dissolve and enhance the efficacy of the active principles in the drugs used. Hence, usage of ghee explained in ayurveda is very appropriate, if
- It is used judiciously by considering the indications and contra-indications properly.
Hi sir I like to know how to reduce my belly soon as possible give some tips regarding food in take.
Im 20 yrs old male, n hv grown only sm hairs on chin n small hairs on uppr lip, pubic n leg hairs r fine. Wt shud b done? Waiting fr response, thnku.
Pigmentation on my face is not fading away. M caring for it too much nad using retina a as well but no effect. please sugest remedies.
I am 34 yrs old. My penis foreskin is tight, not going back, its itchinng, and redish, some minor cuts on it. Hurts when I have sex.
My premolar 1 gum has swelled up, I am having diabetes from last 4 years .How to treat tge swelling gum.
The last molar teeth in the mouth are called as wisdom teeth. While in some people they erupt completely into the mouth and function with no problem whatsoever, in others, they remain embedded in the bone, erupt incompletely, erupt at an angle, or are covered by bone or a flap of tissue. They are absent in many.
Of late, dentists recommend removal of wisdom teeth, more a preventative than remedial measure. Some of the reasons for wisdom tooth removal are listed below-
Impaction: Often, wisdom teeth do not have enough space to erupt in their normal position. This can only be evaluated properly on an x-ray. If the x-ray shows that the tooth is unlikely to erupt because of being blocked by a root or bone, this needs to be removed.
Pericoronitis: The tooth partially erupts into the mouth but is covered by a flap of gum. This attracts food and bacteria to accumulate, leading to decay and infection, a condition called as pericoronitis. Very common in the lower wisdom teeth, it leads to severe tooth pain, painful swallowing and swelling of the lymph nodes. This is the most common cause for wisdom teeth to be removed. An x-ray will reveal the tooth to be infected and sometimes periapical abscess may also be present.
Cysts: Impacted teeth can develop fluid-filled cysts which can cause severe and even permanent damage to the jaw bone, adjacent teeth and nerves. Dentigerous cysts are the most common type.
Alignment: Misaligned wisdom teeth exert a constant mild pressure on the adjacent teeth which can hamper the alignment and reverse the effects produced by braces. The bite may be altered also, thereby necessitating removal.
Adjacent Tooth Damage: If the malposed wisdom tooth is causing pocket formation or decay in the adjacent teeth, it is time to get them removed.
Recurrent Sinus Infections: With their proximity to sinuses, there could be constant pain and pressure and infection of the sinuses. This is another indication for their removal.
However, not all wisdom teeth need to be removed. If they have erupted fully, are healthy, produce a good bite, and can be cleaned easily, they do not require removal.
During the teenage years and through 20s, check with your dentist on the health of the wisdom teeth. X-rays can be taken to monitor them and for early identification of problems. If they need to be removed, it is easier to take them out when you're young. The bone surrounding the impacted tooth is less dense, and therefore easier. The ability of the body in general and the jaw bones in particular to heal is also better at a younger age.
I wish to know if we can undergo Back bone surgery on our senior male member of the family after he had a broken bone (kulahe like head) from accidental fall at Home. Although he's grown weak with age but he's been active throughout life. We've got him admitted in a hospital for hip replacement surgery but now doctors are suggesting an pacemaker be operated in first place after doing eco tests (the lab reports attached) As we feel the unnecessary demand being imposed on us for additional expenses, please advise if reports indicate on pacemaker needed as patient hasn't ever reported by or related problems - warm regards.
I am 25 year old. I have many pimples and blackheads on my face. I have applied many cosmetics and medicines but they didn't effective. I should I do. please help me.
I am feeling pain in my back bone and start fever in daily evening I also have common cold so tell the treatment.
My age is 26 I have a digestive problem I have to go to toilet 2 to 3 times a day my weight is 75 kg I have some fat on my tummy I want to reduce my weight but I coudnot get time ffor gym or exercise suggest me some tips.
Im having sore throat after prescribing an doctor he says you have tonsils what should be an possible cure?
On the auspicious occasion of makar sankranti I wish all the users a very happy sankranti. With the occasion one food product is associated and that is til (or sesame seeds). Here are some benefits of sesame seeds
1) It acts as antioxidant and has anti inflammatory response.
2) It is rich in magnesium hence good in respiratory ailments
3) It is rich in calcium and hence good for bone health
4) It cut down the bad cholesterol and increases good cholesterol
5) It lowers the bp hence good for patients of hypertension.
6) It support healthy digestive system.
7) It is rich in protein and hence must item for all vegetarians.
Hope you all have wonderful healthy year ahead.
Stay healthy stay updated
Dr. Rama Bhardwaj