Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Surgeons in India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Surgeons online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. B K Saxena
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. B K SaxenaYour feedback matters!
My name is Altaf Ansari having black spots on face, please help me to remove those spots I will be very happy.
Hernia is a small protrusion or escape of any structure or organ through nearby weak spot or muscle. There are several types of hernia like inguinal hernia (direct and indirect), femoral hernia, umbilical hernia, umbilical hernia, epigastria hernia and incision hernia. This hernia can be removed and relocated to its original position and secured with special type of hernia mesh to prevent the recurrence of hernia.
When hernia surgery is required?
Hernia is not a serious health issue that requires surgery immediately. But surgery is essential only during the following situation-
- Size of hernia is more than half an inch.
- Hernia causes severe pain and causes much physical discomfort.
- Hernia causes disfigurement.
There are two different methods used for hernia surgery:
- Open hernia repair: Open surgical incision is made near the herniated site and the surgical procedure is done and secured with a mesh work. This surgical procedure requires several preparatory measures to be done before surgery. There is also blood loss and recovery period after surgery is also more than other type of surgeries.
- Minimally invasive hernia repair: The surgery is done with a laparoscope which has small tiny camera, small synthetic hernia mesh and small tool with it. So the patient can return back to their normal routine earlier as the incision made is smaller.
Before undergoing hernia surgery:
- One week before surgery it is much essential to stop taking drugs that are causes the thinning of the blood. Drugs like aspirin should be stopped with the doctor’s advice.
- Stop herbal supplements and check the fitness of your cardio and diabetes
- Gain adequate knowledge about surgery and be prepared for the post surgical care
After hernia surgery: