Dr. Am asking this question for clarification. My problem is related to periods. My periods happened on last months are 19/10/2016 ,14/11/2016, 8/12/2016. Doctor is there any problems with the dates of my periods. Is it irregular periods? And I want to know is there any chances to. Make problems in pregnancy?
What should I eat normal indian food and how much time I should eat in a day to reduce weight. From 1 -2 year I am not able to loss my weight. I am at constant weight even I tried walking, aerobic what should I do to loss weight I want to loss 10 kg atleast in any cost. Now I am getting eretateat least in any cost. Now I am getting eretate and not doing anything. please help in reduce my weight. And I am having lose skin in hand stomach and in leg what should I do to tighten my skin.
Ask any woman who had a baby in the last one year, as to what was one of her major complaints post pregnancy and the answer would be “stretch marks.” And, if you think of the belly as the only affected area, you are wrong! Even the breasts, calves and arms are affected.
The skin stretches beyond its limits in a short period of time and so these stretch marks appear. It is more common with women who have had excessive weight gain and with multiple babies. It is also hereditary and women with oily skin are less likely to have them. Also, women who regularly apply moisturizer have fewer stretch marks. However, there definitely are ways to both avoid and reduce the stretch marks.
Prevention is definitely more effective.
- Stretch mark creams can be used from day one of pregnancy, which can help reduce the formation of these marks.
- A good cream could also help eliminate existing stretch marks from earlier pregnancies, in addition to preventing new ones from forming.
- It is best to use the cream both during day and night after a warm shower. This will help the skin to absorb the cream optimally, making it more effective.
- Preventive lotions have a combination of cocoa butter, shea butter, honey, aloe vera and various oils including almond, castor, olive, vitamin E, and other essential oils. Each of them has their own effective way to control stretch marks.
- Other preventive measures include exercise, exfoliation using a scrubber and eating a diet which is low in zinc.
But treatment is the solution if prevention is not possible.
- Soon after pregnancy, try and use creams that contain cocoa butter, glycolic acid, various oils like almond, vitamin E, castor, and olive which will help manage the stretch marks.
- A good massage using these oils has proved to be one of the best ways to manage stretch marks on the belly and breasts.
- There are various on-the-shelf products nowadays for treating these marks, but use the one prescribed by your doctor. The way these chemicals get absorbed and excreted may not be clear to you and if you are breast-feeding, it is safer to consult a doctor before using such items.
- In addition to the creams, exercise and sufficient hydration are also essential to help stretch marks disappear.
- Laser surgery is another option which can do any of these 3 things – produce pigments in the lighter areas, improve collagen production in the depressed areas, or reduce the color of the darker areas in a stretch mark. Though offered widely, this is best avoided given the side effects.
Stretch marks are an integral part of pregnancy and it is best to let nature run its course after doing everything to prevent it or treating it safely.
Are you experiencing reduced libido along with intense dryness in your genitals? Loss of libido is a tough thing to cope with in women. In spite of having a great sex life, your vaginal area can become nonresponsive because of several reasons. You might not even know what is happening and the reasons which are causing the condition. These conditions are common in the menopause stage in women.
Reasons for decreased libido and vaginal dryness:
1. Several changes occur in a woman’s body during the menopause stage. The sex hormones, which include estrogen and progesterone start decreasing. This may lower your libido, cause vaginal dryness and affect your sex life to a great extent.
2. Testosterone is the sex hormone which turns you on or gets you into the mood for having sex. When the production of this hormone is insufficient, the urge for having sex gets affected and reaching an orgasm gets even harder.
3. The decrease in estrogen production causes several physical changes in a woman. The blood circulation to your sexual organs gets reduced, making you less sensitive to any kind of sexual stimulation. It also leads to vaginal dryness. The walls of the vagina also become thin due to which penetration may get painful.
Remedies for decreased libido
1. You should start practicing breathing exercises and do meditation for at least thirty minutes every day. This will enable you to eliminate stress, which is a primary trigger for decreased libido.
2. For balancing the estrogen levels, you should consume phytoestrogenic tea and supplements. Some important herbs which you should take include black cohosh, red clover and dong quai.
3. You should also consume aphrodisiac food items. Garlic is such a food item, which contains allicin and increases the blood flow to the vagina. Dark chocolate can also be taken.
Remedies for vaginal dryness
Several conventional vaginal lubricants may lead to irritation, infection and dryness of the vagina.
1. You should always use a natural lubricant, which is not associated with side effects and works effectively. Natural lubricants such as tea tree oil, coconut oil and vitamin E based oils provide effective vaginal lubrication. They also moisturize and repair the vagina.
2. You must keep fit and active. Regular cardio or yoga sessions will help with enhanced blood flow to your sexual organs, making you feel wet.
3. You should drink plenty of water and always stay hydrated in order to prevent dryness in the vagina.
Most importantly, it is a good idea to continue having sex. If you shy away and do not make any effort, the problem of decrease in libido will continue. Therefore, sex is the best way of encouraging your body. Proper communication with your partner is also necessary.
Morning after pill is an emergency form of contraception. It is a type of birth control which can prevent unwanted pregnancy which is a potential risk after unprotected sexual intercourse. The typical name, “morning after pill”, is on account of the fact that it is usually taken on the morning after you have had unprotected sex the earlier night.
How does it work?
It primarily works by inhibiting or delaying ovulation. It does not cause abortion, but merely stops ovulation temporarily and thus, prevents fertilization of the egg with the sperm. It is required to be taken within 72 hours or 3 days after having unsafe sex for it to work effectively, but the sooner you take it, the better it is.
Risks associated with the Morning after Pill
Although the prospect of using this pill seems very useful and handy, there are risks associated with it as well.
It has temporary side effects such as nausea, headache, dizziness, lower abdominal pain or cramps.
It is not a reliable form of birth control like condoms, copper-Ts or IUDs as you might still get pregnant.
It can lead to bleeding between your periods or heavy menstrual bleeding can be experienced. It can even make your menstrual cycle irregular.
In serious cases, it can even lead to cerebral haemorrhage (bleeding inside the brain) and cerebral thrombosis (formation of clots in the brain).
It does not protect you from any sort of STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) or STI (Sexually Transmitted Infection).
It can even lead to hormonal imbalances if taken on a regular basis as it can interfere with your regular estrogen and progesterone levels.
If taken multiple times, it can even affect your fertility in the future as it can alter the pH levels of your uterus.
- It is an emergency contraceptive and not recommended for routine use.
The immune system of the body essentially plays two important roles. Firstly, it protects the body from bacteria, viruses and other foreign organisms, thus preventing the onset of infections and diseases. Secondly, it ensures that body cells are functioning properly and are not degenerating. Thus, the immune system of the body is quite effective and is responsible for your overall health.
There are times when the immune system becomes weak and is thus unable to fight foreign organisms invading the body. A direct indication that your immune system is weak is when you catch the seasonal cold or flu. In such a case, you have to take certain steps to give a boost to your immune system, such as-
Live healthy- Living healthy does not only include eating a balanced diet and exercising regularly. Make sure that you get enough sleep on a daily basis and avoid smoking along with consumption of alcohol. It is also essential that you maintain your weight and keep a tab on your blood pressure.
Maintain good hygiene- Hygienic habits such as washing hands before every meal and after using the toilet go a long way when it comes to boosting the immune system.
Reduce sugar intake- As per research, it becomes more difficult for white blood cells to fight bacteria when the sugar level of the body is very high, which is why the immune system gets surpassed, and you are more susceptible to infections.
Consume healthy fats- Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids play an important role in boosting the immune system. These healthy fats help the immune system to make prostaglandins, which effectively destroy germs and viruses that have invaded the body.
Avoid the consumption of toxic food- As far as possible, make sure that you are consuming organic food. This is because food grown on a commercial scale is full of toxic chemicals from the pesticides, insecticides, preservatives and artificial colours added to it. The toxic chemicals have a grave impact on the immune system of the body, which can lead to severe complications in the long run.
Although, you want your immune system to be strong and effective, make sure that it is not highly overactive. A highly overactive immune system can also lead to many health complications, such as the onset of autoimmune conditions. All in all, make sure that you are leading a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
A Pap smear test helps in detecting the signs and onset of cervical cancer. This test helps in pointing at the presence of any suspicious cells that may require further examination and testing with the help of an oncologist. You will enjoy a negative result in case you have a normal reading during the examination process and no further treatment will be required. Yet, you will be asked to go through the test on a regular basis. But here is what happens if you have an abnormal reading.
- Positive Result: You are said to have a positive result, if you have any unusual or abnormal cells were found during this Pap Smear Test. While this may not necessarily mean that you have cervical cancer, it can show what kind of abnormal cells are present in this area of your body. The doctor will check for the following things after a positive result.
- ASCUS: This is also known as Atypical Squamous Cells of Undetermined Significance. This is a liquid based test that will seek to study the thin and flat squamous cells that may be found on the surface of a perfectly healthy and normal cervix. This test will check for the presence of any virus that may lead to the development of cancer and to determine the level of risk to the patient. Further, if there is any high risk virus, then further treatment and testing will be required.
- Squamous Intraepithelial Lesion: When some of the cells that have been extracted during the Pap Smear test turn out to be precancerous, then they are Squamous Intraepithelial Lesions. In many cases, it takes a few years for these lesions to turn cancerous especially when the changes are low grade, which pertains to the size, shape and other features of the same. If a high grade lesion is detected, then diagnostic testing in the form of imaging tests may be required.
- Atypical Glandular Cells: These mucus producing cells grow within the cervical opening and usually spread into the uterus as well. While they may appear abnormal, it is difficult to tell whether or not they are cancerous, especially in the early stages.
- Squamous Cell Cancer: This is an almost certain reading of the growth of cancer in the cervix. When a reading from the Pap Smear includes such a finding, the doctor will recommend immediate evaluation.
- Colposcopy: Once you have had a positive reading with any of the above findings, the doctor will perform this procedure with sample tissue extracted during a biopsy. This will be done with the use of a special magnifying tool known as a colposcope to examine the cervix, vagina and vulva tissues.
According to an Ayurvedic study of mental health, ‘rajas’, ‘satwa’ and ‘tama’ are essential qualities of one’s mind. ‘Satwa’ is essential for knowledge and reasoning, ‘Rajas’ initiates thoughts, whereas ‘Tama’ renders a soothing effect and serves to control overactive ‘satwa’ and ‘rajas’. However, equilibrium among these three is necessary for a healthy mind. A disruption in this balance results in anxiety, anger and even mental disorder. Environmental toxins, stress and information overload take a toll on one’s brain functioning on a daily basis. Along with exercises and a balanced diet, these few herbs can be used for restoring mental balance, thereby promoting mental wellbeing.
Mulungu Bark- Mulungu calms your nerves, thus improving your mood and sleep. It even enhances brain function, helping to reduce anxiety.
Bacopa- Also known as Brahmi, bacopa boosts memory and cognitive abilities. It also aids in lowering the production of stress hormone ‘cortisol’. It sustains the physical health of the brain cells, protecting the brain against ageing.
Rhodiola Rosea- This medicinal herb consists of two powerful compounds called ‘Salidroside’ and ‘Rosin’. Salidroside is a strong antioxidant while Rosin shields against neurotoxicity (toxicity in the nervous system due to the exposure to artificial or natural toxins) by curbing inflammation of the neural cells. This enhances a better mental performance, reducing anxiety, stress and fatigue.
Ziziphus Jujuba- Day-to-day chores over a long period of time can get extremely tiring and affect your physical as well as mental faculties. Ziziphus Jujuba encourages good sleep at night, thus restoring your mental health.
Passiflora Incarnata (passion flower)- This herb acts as a natural sedative; thereby relieving anxiety, which is a primary reason for interrupted sleep.
Scutellaria lateriflora (skullcap)– The anti-oxidant properties of this plant help deal with and alleviate stress levels, in the process, improving your mood and inducing sound sleep. It also helps treat inflammation of the brain.
Obesity is a common nutritional disorder that has resulted into stress among people of all age groups. The mushrooming of slimming centers, weight loss pills and diet plans in the recent past are all pointers of how people are disturbed by obesity. The condition results from excess accumulation of fats in the body as a result of excess intake of food. When you take an excess of 50 calories in a day, you are said to increase weight by 25 kgs within a ten-year period. While scientists largely attribute the cause for the condition to intake of excess food, studies also reveal that genes could play a significant role too. There is no cure for obesity but a method that is slowly gaining popularity for countering obesity successfully is homeopathy.
For many years now, homeopathy has been used as a mode of treatment for obesity across many countries in the world. The mode of treatment usually is constitutional and needs a detailed case history of the patient and evaluation so that the best remedy can be selected...
- Calcarea Carbonica is a homeopathic medicine that is administered when a patient has excess fat in their abdomen. The constitutional symptoms are profuse perspirations on the head, low tolerance for cold air and strange cravings like desire to eat chalk.
- Natrum Mur is used for patients with excess of weight in their thighs and buttocks. Excessive heat and intolerance towards sun are the constitutional symptoms for this homeopathic medicine.
- Lycopodium is used similar to the natrum Mur. However, here the constitutional symptoms vary in that they are used on patients suffering from gastric troubles. Patients have a liking for hot food and sweet stuff. These are just a few examples.
Other Methods for Weight Loss:
Homeopathic medicines work by stimulating the metabolic rate of the body to burn fat much faster and as such should be used with exercise and a controlled balanced diet comprising of proteins, vitamins, carbohydrates and minerals. When these three are combined, the results are much faster and the degree of weight loss will be much higher.
To win over obesity the key thing is to take adequate amounts of food as diet which is the greatest cause of obesity. Taking homeopathic medicines will help increase your body's metabolic rate and coupled with exercise and controlled diet, you will be on a recovery from obesity.
Our performance in bed is often affected by a number of reasons and ailments, which are both of physical and psycological in nature contribute to it. Premature ejaculation is a problem that men face due to a variety of reasons. Some may be biological issues like abnormal size and level of hormones as well as faulty neurotransmission, which can give rise to reflexes that cause this condition. Also, the patient may experience premature ejaculation due to psychological factors like stress, anxiety and even relationship problems. The presence of chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease could also lead to the occurrence of this condition. Read on to know about the Ayurvedic ways of dealing with premature ejaculation.
Material and medicine informed is for general use and not to be taken by patients without doctor's advise.
Diagnosis: The first and foremost step in treating premature ejaculation is with the help of the Shukra diagnosis. The seventh and final dhatu of all the seven dhatus, which when nourished well (pusht), leads to sex power, enhanced quality of sperms and if conserved leads to OJA - the elixir of life.
Treatment Basics: The basic method of treatment follows a complex process of detoxification of the Dhatu or substances in the body and Panchkarma therapy that includes removal, liquification, purification, mobilization and evacuation of the Doshas that may have caused an imbalance in the body. Panchakarma can't be carried out in day to day treatment and preferably should be done by admitting in Ayurveda hospital. Panchakarma is for comprehensive treatment. Hence day to day medicines are given which carry miniaturised / mild detoxification effect.
Massages: The most important form of treatment for premature ejaculation under Ayurveda includes the use of massages. The first form of massage that helps in treatment of this condition includes Abhyangam or the application of oil in all areas of the body. This form of oil massage focuses on the individual parts of the body and seeks to open all the pores as organs for a state of better functionality. The next form of oil application or massage includes Swedem, which makes use of a medicated stream that can be allowed to drip onto a focused point on the patient's head or body as to create an impression there. The leaf bundle massage or Elakizhi can also be conducted along with an oil bath known as Pizichil which applies oil through a drip method on the head. This is also known as Shirdhara. Vasthi is also a form of oil massage that can ensure the flow of vata and other doshas, which has stopped. Mini form of massages are given in day to day treatment. Pure classic herbal taila application on penis is also a kind of massage.
Herbs: The use of herbs is an integral part of Ayurvedic treatment. The Ayurvedic herbal medicines that are to be used for dealing with premature ejaculation or for delaying the ejaculation, are known as Stambhaka herbs. One can use Jaiphala paste as well as Ashwagandha powder or churna. One can also take Atirasadi Churna which also improves the sperm count of the patient even as it improves blood circulation for fighting premature ejaculation.
Most of these medicines and methods do not have any side effects and should be taken as per the dose prescribed by the Ayurvedic doctor, at the recommended times of the day.
Fibers are the carbohydrates and are the indigestible part of the food.They are actually not digestible, but help a lot in digestion.They are derived from plants and offer a lot of health benefits. They make our body light and fit and is commonly known as roughage.
What are the advantages of having fiber in your diet?
Other health benefits of fiber includes reducing the incidence of heart disease, lowering cholesterol, blood pressure, glucose levels and inflammation and even weight loss. Fiber can help with weight loss because it creates a fullness within your intestine, which aids you in eating less.
Fiber is of two types:
Insoluble fiber: It does not dissolves in water. It is the bulky fiber that helps in preventing constipation and is found in whole grains, wheat cereals and vegetables such as carrots, celery and tomatoes.
Soluble fiber: They dissolves in water and help in controlling the blood sugar level and reduce cholesterol. Good sources include barley, oatmeal, beans, nuts, and fruits, such as apples, berries, citrus fruits, and pears.
What are the health benefits?
- Digestive health: Let’s get this one out of the way first. Dietary fiber normalizes bowel movements by bulking up stools and making them easier to pass.
- Heart disease: Fiber, particularly soluble fiber, is an important element of any heart-healthy diet. Eating a diet high in fiber can improve cholesterol levels by lowering LDL (bad) cholesterol.
- Diabetes: A diet high in fiber particularly insoluble fiber from cereals can lower your risk for type 2 diabetes. If you already have diabetes, eating soluble fiber can slow the absorption of sugar and improve your blood sugar levels.
- Cancer: There is some research that suggests eating a high-fiber diet can help prevent colorectal cancer, although the evidence is not yet conclusive.
- Skin health: When yeast and fungus are excreted through the skin, they can trigger outbreaks of acne.
A panic attack can start suddenly and may be caused due a variety of reasons. A patient of depression and anxiety usually goes through such attacks. The symptoms of these attacks include sudden and persistent fear, the feeling of losing control, the feeling of having a heart attack, palpitations, sweating, dizzy spells and more. It has been medically proven that most adults go through at least one or more panic attacks in their lifetime.
Here are a few ways in which one can stop a panic attack:
- Recognise the Signs: Take note of the symptoms. From a feeling of choking to detachment, losing control, surreal experiences, dizzy spells, nausea, pain in the abdomen and chills, to tremors, and a fear of facing death, there are many symptoms that can put your body in a fight or flight response where things may suddenly seem terrifying, and without any reason at that.
- Breath Control: Learn to control your breathing as soon as you begin to experience the symptoms. This will help in distraction even as it soothes and calms you down, thus forcing you to think rationally about the fear and helplessness that you are suddenly experiencing. Sit down with your knees bent and let your shoulders relax.
- Relaxation Techniques: Learn and practice a few relaxation techniques during times like these. This may include simple things like rubbing your neck and more focused activities like talking to yourself and meditating.
- Continuation: Remember to hold your breath, let it out, and then carry on with the activity that you had set out to do. If you stop what you were doing, then the message going to your brain is loud and clear and you will panic even further. But if you relax and zone out before letting yourself go about the chore, however robotically, then it will have a positive effect on the messages that are sent to your brain.
- Medication: In the event that you are not able to fully control and relax yourself and your thoughts, then you may want to see a psychiatrist who can prescribe specific medication that will help in relaxing you. Sedatives and antidepressants may also be prescribed for patients who are going through severe episodes of panic with debilitating symptoms.
- Differentiate between Stress and Panic: Many times, we may feel like we are panicking, yet this may simply be a way of going through stress. It is important to focus on recognising events and reactions as stress or panic.
Not allowing yourself run away from a situation is a sure shot way of dealing with panic as this condition the brain to be more accepting and resilient.