Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Rajendra N. Patil ClinicYour feedback matters!
The presence of high sugar content in the blood over a long period of time indicates diabetes or diabetes mellitus. This condition is characterized by frequent urination and an increased appetite and thirst. It is a metabolic disease which occurs when the pancreas stop producing sufficient amounts of insulin. Diabetes may lead to several other health conditions in a person too.
Homeopathy is considered to be an effective medicine for the treatment of diabetes. It is a trusted branch of medical science, which works naturally without having any side effects on the body. Here are the best homeopathic medicines used for treating diabetes, along with the conditions when they are used:
Abroma Augusta: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine used for treating diabetes where there is flesh loss and weakness. In some types of diabetes, a patient tends to lose flesh and feels extremely weak. The patient suffers from increased thirst and experiences mouth dryness. Increased appetite and frequent urination are also felt. After urination, the patient gets fatigued. This medicine also treats sleeplessness in diabetic patients, as well as skin problems such as carbuncles, burning sensation and boils due to diabetes.
Phosphorus: This is an efficient homeopathic medicine to treat diabetes where the patient experiences vision weakness. This medicine is used depending on the primary symptoms only and gives relief to patients who experience difficulty with vision because of diabetes.
Syzygium Jambolanum: This is another efficient homeopathic medicine, which is used to treat diabetic patients, especially for the reduction of sugar levels. It also addresses problems like excessive thirst and urge for urination. Long standing ulcers in diabetic patients are effectively cured by this medicine as well.
Phosphoric Acid: This is an ideal homeopathic medicine for treating extreme weakness in a diabetic patient. The weakness may be mental or physical and the patient may feel very exhausted all the time, and develop a weak memory or become forgetful. The patient also might remain depressed and feel numbness in the feet.
Gymnema Sylvestre:This is a great natural homeopathic medicine used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. It is used when a diabetic patient loses weight and feels great exhaustion and weakness in general. In many patients, this medicine treats these symptoms and also improves general health. The patient gains weight, and energy levels are revived.
Diabetes is a serious health condition, which may slowly lead to several other health complications. But with homeopathy, the underlying cause of the condition is treated in a safe manner. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
Ayurveda is an everyday life science that cures a number of maladies based on the use of herbs, yoga, oil massages and a number of lifestyle tweaks. Ayurveda uses everyday tweaks in order to reach the root cause of the ailment and cure it. Therefore, it makes use of a lot of everyday items that can make changes in the doshas that create an imbalance. Ginger is one such ingredient that has a number of health benefits as per Ayurveda. It is a root spice or flowering plant with an orange brown hue. Read on to know more.
- Healing Digestive Properties: Ginger has a number of healing properties thanks to its chemical composition as they make it ideal for patients suffering from digestive problems such an irritable bowel syndrome. It also helps in improved production of the digestive juices which can help in flushing out toxins or Ama. This spice also keeps the digestive fires burning due to the heat that it emanates.
- Nutrition: Ginger also helps in better absorption of nutrients, vitamins and minerals from the food that we eat. This helps in better weight management as well as better digestion, which can prevent a number of diseases including cancer.
- Stress: Brewing a cup of green or white tea with a hint of Ginger can instantly spread a wonderful fragrance throughout the home and calm your senses by enveloping them. The fragrant properties of Ginger also have a healing effect which can lessen and prevent stress.
- Nausea: Small doses of Ginger are especially helpful for pregnant women who are suffering from acute and excessive morning sickness or nausea.
- Muscle Pain: Ginger can be used to reduce pain and soreness in one's muscles. It can be brewed as tea or taken in small slivers after a particularly intense workout. It is also known to help in relieving pain experienced by patients suffering from arthritis and other ailments related to joint and muscles. This condiment also helps in reducing the inflammation in the joints due to its proven anti-inflammatory properties.
- Diabetes and Heart Disease: Ginger is known to dramatically reduce the blood sugar level. It shows a reduction in the markers for oxidized lipoproteins, which also lowers the risk of high cholesterol and heart disease.
- Menstrual Pain: Just a gram or two of Ginger can be ingested on a daily basis to get relief from severe pain during menstrual cramps in women.
Ginger can be used to season foods like salads, curries and stir fried vegetables and also for preparing tea so that some quantity can be ingested every day. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Nothing in the world can be more precious and valuable than holding and cuddling your baby for the first time. For most, pregnancy and parenthood gives a new dimension to their lives. It completes their family. People wait with bated breath for the beautiful phase to unfold. However, of late, infertility has been on the rise. As per a survey, 1 in every 1000, suffers from infertility issues. Infertility in males, as well as females, can be triggered by factors such as stress (personal or professional), unhealthy and sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy food habits, obesity, medical complications.
Medical assistance and treatments are available, but some of the treatments are way too expensive or have harmful and undesirable side effects. In this regard, homeopathy comes as a much-needed blessing. It is natural and has negligible or no side effects. Furthermore, most of the homeopathic medications are affordable, leaving you with only a small pinch in the pocket.
The first step in homeopathic treatment is identifying the root cause of infertility. In males, infertility can be due to
- Erectile dysfunction.
- Low semen count.
- Sexually transmitted infections like gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Small testes or testicular injury.
- Abnormal or premature ejaculation.
- Obstruction in Vas deferens (Ejaculatory duct).
- Varicocele, Prostatitis.
Female infertility may be due to
- Thyroid problems.
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome), Endometriosis.
- Hormonal imbalance and irregular periods.
- Uterine fibroid.
- STD's like gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Blocked fallopian tube.
- Uterine (cervix) abnormality.
Certain lifestyle habits and environmental factors also contribute towards male and female infertility.
Homeopathy to treat male infertility:
Some of the homeopathic medicines work wonders to improve male infertility.
- Caladium Seguinum: Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation can be effectively treated with Caladium Seguinum (American Arum). In some men, erectile dysfunction results in pruritus (severe itching) in the genital organs. Caladium is the best bet to deal with pruritus.
- Agnus Castus (Chaste Tree): Agnus Castus is used to treat both male and female infertility. Men with erectile dysfunction, low libido, and low sperm count benefit immensely from this medicine. This medicine is a blessing for women with menstrual problems (irregular periods, heavy or scanty periods).
- Lycopodium Clavatum (Wolf's Foot): Men with serious erectile dysfunction (due to stress, anxiety) benefit from this medicine.
- Calcarea Carbonica: This medicine is helpful for men with a high libido but premature ejaculation.
- Conium: Conium is used to treat low libido and weak erections in men.
Homeopathy to treat female infertility:
- Pulsatilla: This homeopathic medicine comes as a relief for females who have infertility due to PCOD and irregular periods.
- Sepia: Infertility resulting from menstrual problems (scanty and short periods) can be successfully treated with Sepia. It is also helpful in case of women with hypoactive sexual desire.
- Natrum Carb: This homeopathic medicine is used to treat women who are unable to retain the sperm.
- Aletris Farinosa: This medicine is used to treat infertility triggered by heavy periods.
Though effective, these medicines should not be used without medical prescription and recommendation. Self-medication will do more harm than good.
Aortic valve stenosis is a heart condition in which the valve to the biggest artery- the one which provides oxygen-rich blood to our body, called aorta, is narrowed. This prevents the valve from opening fully, obstructing the blood flow from your heart into your body.
When the aortic valve doesn’t open, your heart needs to work harder to pump blood to your body making the heart muscle weak. If left undiagnosed aortic stenosis is fatal.
These symptoms should spur you on to seek medical care right away:
Chest pain or tightness
Feeling faint with exertion
Fatigue after increased activity
Heart palpitations — rapid, fluttering heartbeat
The disorder doesn’t produce symptoms right away and is usually diagnosed during routine physical exams when your doctor listens to your heart with a stethoscope. He usually hears a heart murmur resulting from turbulent blood flow through the narrowed aortic valve.
There are other ways to diagnose aortic valve stenosis and gauge the severity of the problem, like:
Echocardiogram – This produces an image of your heart using sound. It is the primary test to diagnose a heart valve problem. Sound waves are directed at your heart here and these bounce off your heart and are processed electronically to provide images of your heart. This test helps your doctor check diagnose aortic valve stenosis and its severity plus chalk out a treatment plan.
Electrocardiogram (ECG) – In this test, patches with electrodes are attached to your chest to measure electrical impulses given out by your heart. These are then recorded as waves on a monitor and printed on paper. Though this can’t diagnose aortic stenosis directly, it can tell you that the left ventricle in your heart is thickened which normally happens due to aortic stenosis.
Chest X-ray – This allows the doctor to see the shape and size of your heart directly. If the left ventricle is thickened, it points to aortic stenosis. It also helps doctor check the lungs. Aortic stenosis leads to fluid and blood in the lungs, causing congestion.
Exercise Tests – Exercise is used to increase your heart rate and make your heart work harder. This test is done to see how your heart reacts to exertion. Exercise test may be contraindicated in severe AS. MRI and X ray not much helpful to diagnose AS.
Computerised Tomography (CT) Scan – This means a series of X-rays to create images of your heart and observes the heart valves. CT is helpful in planning for nonsurgical valve replacement. Cardiac Catheterisation is usually needed prior to surgery.
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) – This uses powerful magnets and radio waves to create images of your heart and valves.
Once aortic valve stenosis is confirmed, you may have to go in for monitoring or heart valve surgery according to your doctor’s advice.
I have hair fall problem at last 2 years. Now I shaw bold sports in my head. How to reduce hair fall.
You must have heard about the indispensible use of the effective tea tree oil in so many Ayurvedic preparations. The oil is effective for many reasons, and the six common uses are as follows.
- Treating scars and wounds: Tea tree oil is effective in extremely small concentrations, and can cause miraculous effects. That is why only a small portion is enough to get promising results. When two drops of tea tree oil are combined with 15 drops of Jojoba oil, and this mixture is applied to the wounds, injuries and scars, they heal quickly and scars disappear faster.
- Treating breathing and respiratory problems: A lot of medical conditions, which may be caused by a bacteria or virus, can result in respiratory problems as a direct effect or side effect. In all such cases like cough and cold, flu, asthma, bronchitis, pharyngitis, tuberculosis etc., tea tree oil is highly effective and hence used in Ayurvedic medicines to loosen the mucous inside and expel it out. A direct massage on the chest by adding it with the other oils, or adding a few drops to warm water for inhaling vapour can help.
- Mind freshener and nerve treatment: Tea tree oil has found great usage in mind freshening and nervous disease treatments. That’s because of the soothing effect of the oil in boosting the mind and body. In fact, it is also used in fighting fatigue, tiredness, phobias, fear, stress etc. Therefore, a body massage with coconut oil and about five drops of tea tree oil added to it helps very much.
- Clearing lice and dandruff: These two are the major problems of hair and scalp, and both have a common remedy, which is the tea tree oil. The oil has microbial and fungicidal properties, which prove it to be a useful ingredient in the making of concoction and Ayurvedic medicines for dandruff and lice problems. The oil can directly be blended with hair oil or shampoo for great effects.
- Skin infections due to bacteria and fungus: Skin problems aggravated by fungus infection, bacteria etc. can be alleviated with application of tea tree oil. The antifungal properties of the oil helps fight worse conditions like athlete’s foot, jock itch etc. Equal proportions of tea tree oil and any other oil like coconut or almond oil can be applied on to the affected parts twice daily to clear off fungus and heal the skin.
- Immunity and resistance booster: Tea tree oil can be used for massages and rubs by mixing just two drops to any other base oil like coconut oil, for treating and preventing several skin and body conditions. These include bed sores, fungal infections, nappy and diaper rashes, cuts and wounds, insect bites, rashes and a lot more.
Piles or Haemorrhoids is a disease of the anal canal. The veins in this region get affected. They swell as blood stagnates inside them. This causes discomfort while passing stool. The most obvious symptoms of piles are bleeding and pain at the time of excretion or passing of the stool. For most of the patients with piles, sitting or standing becomes a tedious task.
What causes piles?
The primary reason behind the occurrence of piles is a patient’s sedentary lifestyle. Most of it also depends on upon his or her diet intake. Many of us consume a lot of carbohydrates, fats and proteins in our regular meals. But, we forget or are simply reluctant to take up physical exercises. This, in turn, leads to increase in body weight and hampers the activity of our digestive system. As a result, patients develop diseases like piles.
Diet plays a vital role in preventing piles. If we don’t add an adequate amount of fibre or roughage to our diet, there is a potential threat of developing piles. Fibres help with the convenient evacuation of the stool. In fact, fibres form the bulk of the stool. Besides, insufficient intake of water may also cause this disease.
Natural ways to tackle Piles
Piles can be managed or tackled by bringing in some changes in our lifestyle. Some of the ways of managing piles have been listed below:
- Add more roughage and fruits to your diet
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid laxatives
- Sit in a tub of hot water to get relief from the pain
- Drink plenty of water
Homoeopathic treatment for Piles
When it comes to the treatment of piles, Homeopathy is quite safe and an effective method to get rid of the problem. It doesn’t have any side effect on the patient’s health. It doesn’t include any painful surgery for removal of piles. Moreover, homoeopathy is budget-friendly. Here are some effective homoeopathic medicines, useful in curing piles:
- Hamamelis: This medicine is useful in stopping the bleeding in piles. It can cure any venous congestion and bleeding. It can also be taken when the patient develops a feeling of soreness.
- Ratanhia: It gives relief from the pain due to piles. A patient suffering from piles feels immense pain and a burning sensation at the time of stool evacuation and even for hours after that.
- Graphites: It is prescribed to a patient suffering from both constipation and piles. It is given to them who are obese, have skin eruptions and constipation.
- Nux Vomica: It is given to patients who have a sedentary lifestyle, take spicy food and are active smokers and alcohol drinkers. Usually, patients who have been advised to take Nux Vomica are aggressive in nature. It cures piles as well as digestive disorders.
Things to remember: These medicines are only some of the homoeopathic remedies available in the market. It is best to consult a homoeopathic practitioner for the perfect treatment.
Throat pain mainly occurs due to two conditions 'sore throat' or 'strep throat'. Often the terms 'sore throat' and 'strep throat' are used interchangeably, but they don't indicate the same thing. While a sore throat is a condition mostly followed by common cold, runny nose or congestion; strep throat is a bacteria induced infection. The bacterium called Streptococcus is responsible for strep throat.
The most common reason behind a sore throat is a viral infection like flu or cold. So, if you've a sore throat that is caused by virus, there is no reason to worry as it can be treated easily. But if you are suffering from strep throat or streptococcal infection, then antibiotic drugs for additional treatment will be required to avoid complications.
Signs and symptoms of a strep throat (which indicates that your throat pain is serious and needs attention) include:
- Pain while swallowing food
- Sore throat which usually persists for more than 48 hours
- Small red spots at the roof top of your mouth
- Swollen and red tonsils at times with streaks of pus or white patches
- Swollen, benign lymph nodes in your neck
- Body aches
- Vomiting or feeling of nausea, especially amongst younger children
When these signs and symptoms become noticeable, you need to promptly visit your doctor for test and treatment. And, if the reports indicate strep throat, then your doctor will prescribe you some oral antibiotics to reduce the complications and severity of symptoms so that it doesn't spread to others. You are advised to follow your prescription properly and stay indoors for at least a day after starting your medication.
The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body. It goes from the lower back all the way down to the base of the leg. When there is a disorder associated with the sciatic nerve, it is known as Sciatica.
Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises. Here are some of the most common exercises prescribed to treat Sciatica:
- Reclining Pigeon Pose: There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and then forwarding. It is recommended that if you have very recently started your treatment for Sciatica, then certainly you should go for the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then, hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
- Knee to Opposite Shoulder: In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this activity three times and repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it goes.
- Sitting Spinal Stretch: At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee, so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax. Repeat the procedure with the other knee.
- Standing Hamstring Stretch: Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor, but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.
The fallopian tubes are not mere passages for the egg to travel from the ovaries to the uterus. It is here that conception occurs and hence healthy fallopian tubes are essential for the fertilization of an egg.
Damaged fallopian tubes are the most common cause of infertility. This damage can fall under three categories:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- One blocked and one open fallopian tube
- Tubal scarring
The third is usually an effect of pelvic infections or natural healing after a pelvic surgery. Sadly, in most cases, this condition is discovered only after infertility has been diagnosed. Other causes of fallopian tubal scarring include:
- STDs such as chlamydia trachomatis and neisseria gonorrhea
- Adhesions caused by ruptured ovarian cysts
- Peritonitis and
- A history of ectopic pregnancies
Fallopian tubal scarring has no recognizable symptoms. Chronic pelvic pain is the only known symptom of this damage and that too can be seen only in severe cases of tubal scarring. On diagnosing infertility, your doctor will perform one of these tests to determine the condition of your fallopian tubes.
- Hysterosalpingogram: This is a type of X-ray. Your doctor will open the vagina with a speculum and inject a liquid into the uterus with the help of a catheter. If the liquid does not pass through the fallopian tubes, it is said to be blocked. This however does not say much about tubal scarring.
- Laparoscopy: A small incision is made below the belly button and a slim, flexible tube with a camera is passed through the incision. This gives your doctor a clear view of the condition of your fallopian tubes. A laparoscopy can also be used to rule out other causes of infertility such as endometriosis or blocked fallopian tubes.
Treatment for infertility caused by tubal scarring is of two types.
- Surgery: This is suggested in cases where tubal scarring is minimal. Depending on the intensity and placement of scar tissue, your doctor may decide to perform one of many types of surgeries. She may choose to remove the scarred section of the fallopian tube, create a new opening (in case of blockages) or rebuild the damaged edges of the fallopian tubes.
- In Vitro Fertilization(IVF): Women with badly scarred fallopian tubes usually have poor chances of conceiving naturally. Hence, IVF is the preferred treatment route. However, your doctor may still advise you to undergo surgery and remove the damaged tubes prior to IVF to prevent the tubes from filling with fluid.
In large number of cases of tubal scarring tubes would be open on tubal testing. However, it may not be working well or is functional. A lot of women with so called unexplained infertility may actually have tubal scarring or non functional tubes as the cause of Infertility. IVF is the best treatment option in such cases as it would bypass the work of the tubes completely.
Lower back pain is a very common issue and can take place due to numerous reasons. However, one of its main causes is a ligament strain or back muscle strain. Microscopic tear or excessive stretching of ligaments can take place due to lifting very heavy objects, doing enormously strenuous task or due to a sudden twisted movement. These conditions are most likely to be experienced by individuals ranging between the ages of 30 and 60. Other causes of lower back pain include back injury, arthritis of back bone joints, infections in the lower back area, and in very rare cases, tumours.
In case of acute back pain, these are a few important things that should be definitely kept in mind.
- It is absolutely essential to take rest for a couple of days and avoid any sort of stressful activity. Although back pain is self-limiting, if you take proper care, it can be cured in a few days. However, if proper rest is not taken, the situation may become worse.
- Using the black belt, also known as lumbo sacral corset, is a good idea. This can actually be of enormous help to individuals who have been suffering from lower back pain for a long period of time.
- As already mentioned, one of the main causes of these kinds of mishaps are sudden jerky movements, twisted movements, heavy weight lifting etc. So, it is necessary to avoid such circumstances, or else, a more acute back pain situation may arise due to slipping of one of the discs from the spinal cord.
- As much as you like long drives and bike rides, these are a strict no. Any prolonged sitting or standing activity needs to be avoided. It is important that the tear caused in the muscles due to what-so-ever reason heals properly and prolonged stay in a tensed muscle position would definitely not help the cause.
- Although these back pains can be handled at home by following the discussed steps, using simple analgesics or muscle relaxants prescribed by the doctor can be a way to speed up the process of recovering the strained ligament.
Apart from these important steps, regular exercise to strengthen the core body muscles is a great way to avoid such ligament strains in the future. However, if you feel that even after following the precautionary measures, you problem doesn’t subside, consult an experienced doctor for his advice.
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same.
Headaches are one of the most common symptoms experienced by most people. While a headache is not a disease per se, it is a manifestation of some underlying disease and can affect the quality of life. The underlying cause could range from something as innocuous as a hunger headache to a slightly more severe one like migraines to underlying neurological and vascular conditions like temporal arteritis. Common forms including a sinus headache, tension headache, cluster headaches, and migraines.
Ayurveda believes that the body goes through disease if there is an imbalance in one of the key components of the body, Vata, pitta, and Kapha. Restoring the balance will take care of not just the symptom but restore overall body health. Relief, therefore, is longer lasting with Ayurvedic solutions. Depending on the type of a headache, the imbalance varies, and treatment would differ and is aimed at restoring the lost balance.
Massage: Using natural oils like peppermint oil, lavender oil, or castor oil to massage the forehead or the temples can produce great relief. This also causes improved circulation and nerve stimulation, leading to pain relief.
- Add substances that produce cold like khus khus, buttermilk, ghee, and coconut water. Try castol oil and shikakai for hair wash and see a headache vanish.
- A mixture of green tea with a lemon squeezed in is one of the quickest reliever for a headache.
- A paste or lemon rind that is applied externally on the forehead and temples also provides relief from a headache and a soothing effect for the affected individual.
- A paste of cinnamon mixed with any essential oil or plain water can also be applied on the forehead and/or temple region for relief from the pain.
- Watermelon juice with sugar reduces the heat produced by the body and relieves a headache.
- Crush some ginger, add it to water, and bring it to a boil. This contains a lot of oils from the ginger, which is very soothing for the stomach. This has pain relieving properties and helps in relieving headaches.
- A glass of warm water with honey in the morning on a daily basis takes care of chronic headaches. It is advisable to drink this on an empty stomach daily.
In addition to the above remedies to relieve the headache, the following measures should be followed for prevention and/or reducing the frequency of headaches.
- Diet: Eating right by avoiding headache-inducing substances like cheese, chocolates, eggs, etc. On the other hand, going hungry can lead to hunger headaches.
- Exercise: The neck, shoulders, and scalp should be eased frequently through regular exercise. This also improves blood flow, thereby reducing headaches.
Try these measures and see your headache disappear.
The debate about how sex affects sportspersons has been there for a very long time, but it is its reverse which is somehow more applicable. Research has shown that regularly engaging in sports or other physical activities such as exercising can have some really positive effects on your sex life. This has got to do mostly with improved metabolic activity in the cells from the increased motion and exercise.
Research suggests that engaging in exercise, sports and other physical activities result in an increase in flexibility and agility among people, thus aiding sexual prowess and performance. Also, it boosts levels of self-confidence, thus allowing you to believe that you are sexually desirable, (due to increased levels of fitness and toned musculature) which in turn also positively affects sexual capability- in providing higher levels of satisfaction to your partners. Apart from these, there are several other factors of sexuality that are also improved due to engaging in sports or exercise, like:
- Decreased risks of Erectile Dysfunction (ED): One of the most essential benefits of engaging in sports and exercise is that it lowers the risk of erectile dysfunction in men, due to an increased level of blood flow into your penis as a result of widening of the arteries. In this regard, research also suggests that you don't necessarily need to be overly fit or sporting to reduce chances of ED - even a brisk half hour walk works wonders.
- Improved quality of semen: Research has found that if you exercise or are engaged in some rigorous sporting activity for at least 15 hours per week, you will have higher sperm counts than your inactive counterparts.
- Increased libido: High levels of exercise pumps up testosterone levels in men and estrogen levels in women, which leads to better muscle growth and an increased sex drive in both sex.
- Increased chances of achieving orgasm in women: If you work out frequently, then the process of arousal works quicker for you and chances of orgasm is faster and with higher intensity, it gets increased exponentially.
- Heightened sensitivity: In women, the clitoris contains over 8000 nerve endings, which makes it very sensitive to stimulation, and increases arousal exponentially. Increased physical activity heightens the effect of this stimulus and makes sexual stimulation much more pleasurable.
Meat forms an essential part of the daily diet of many people. But it often gets difficult to choose between white meat (chicken or fish) and red meat (beef or pork or mutton) due to the numerous health benefits offered by both. Moreover, both kinds of meat have some health risks as well, which should be kept in mind while consuming either of them.
Read on to find how each type of meat may affect your health, and, which will be more beneficial for your body.
People who are more conscious about their weight often tend to choose white meat over red meat because of its lower fat content. For example, fat content in chicken is only about 11%, whereas pork contains about 45% fat. Moreover, the saturated fat content of red meat is about 2.64 times that of white meat.
100 gm of chicken breast has about 29.80 gm of protein, whereas the same amount of lamb and pork contain 22.51 gm and 27.55 gm protein respectively. In this case, consumption of white meat will prove to be beneficial as your body can absorb only 74% of the protein in red meat and 80% of the protein in white meat.
Other nutrient content
Red meat is rich in niacin, vitamin b12, riboflavin and thiamine, iron and minerals like zinc and phosphorus. While vitamin b12 aids proper nerve health and ensures that the red blood cells function properly, zinc is responsible for strengthening your immune system.
White meat contains fewer nutrients in comparison to red meat. However, fish contains a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which help in improving lipid profiles and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Consumption of both types of meat has been long associated with increased risk of different diseases. The presence of myoglobin, a type of protein in red meat, is responsible for increasing the risk of certain types of cancer. Also, red meat has been often linked with increased chances of hypertension and heart diseases.
These days, feeding antibiotics to chicken for enlarging their size have become a common practice. So, consumption of this type of meat increases the amount of drug-resistant bacteria in your body and reduces the effect of useful drugs too.
While white meat still provides good health benefits, red is NOT RECOMMENDED!!