Doctor in Arihant Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Arihant ClinicYour feedback matters!
Surgical Hair Transplantation
One way to struggle hair loss is to transplant hair follicles from the edges and back to the top of the head. This surgery has developed over the years.
Nearly three decades ago, the quality of care was to require massive grafts, plugs of 12 to 20 hairs, and implant them. It will provide either awfully sensible or satisfactory result. However some men, as they got older and lost some a lot of hair, they got that doll's-hair or corn-row phenomenon.
Today's hair grafts are known as Follicular Unit Hair Transplants of 1 to 4 hairs, transplanted terribly approximate for added natural look.
Another principally out-of-favor method is Scalp Reduction.
Scalp Reduction is to chop hairless scalp out and stitch the remaining skin along to cut back the bald space. Once many of those, you've got a smaller space to transplant. However a scar is left that's noticeable and desires to be transplanted into to be invisible.
Similarly out of fashion are flap-type processes, wherever a flap of hair from a hair-bearing space is removed partially, oscillated around, and connected to a frontal cortex. However this could result in scarring or death or some of the scalp.
How well does Hair Transplants work?
It depends on what quantity healthy hair an individual has accessible for hair transplant. And it depends on the expectations of individuals.
The best candidate for Hair Transplantation Surgery, is those who are facing hair loss issue for several years however has stabilized and isn't losing a lot of hair quickly. An individual must have realistic expectations of what are often done to convey them a natural showing hair line.
Although the majority who pursue Hair Replacement Surgery are men, women make glorious candidates.
‘The roads to happiness pass through the bellies!’
Food is the most loved emotion in this world. We all find ways and means to satiate our tongue with our favorite tastes. While we relish the taste, we often forget to de- worm our body. Usually children are often loaded with glasses of milk throughout the day. While nothing is wrong with the milk, the add-ons we usually put to enhance the taste – chocolate powders and sugars surely need some introspection. The market based formulae are enriched with nutrients along with cocoa powder. In order to make it edible it is infused with sugar making it sweet. While they claim to ‘enhance’ the power of milk, they also instigate the worming process in the body. Along with that, indiscriminate amounts of sugar, chocolates, candies and jaggery are known to cause worms. Not only children but adults also suffer from worms which may go unnoticed for a very long term.
Usually no severe symptoms are noted, which often makes us unaware or even ignore the gravity of problem. However there are a few signs which are enough to make us alert with the worm infestation. They are as follows:
- Lack of appetite, excessive salivation in mouth, nausea
- Loose stools. Itching near anal region
- Abdominal cramps.
- White patches on skin.
- Feverish feeling throughout the day.
Now, all streams of medicine encourage de-worming at regular semesters. However, we in Ayurveda believe in practicing it in our day to day lives. It not only prevents the worm infestation but also helps to maintain the gut strength. Following simple methods can be used on day to day basis to avoid worm infections:
- Half teaspoon of turmeric along with half a glass of water in the morning keeps the worms at a bay
- Use of black pepper as seasoning in the foods should be encouraged.
- Garlic should be liberally incorporated in the meals. (Cooked form is better for those who have gastric problems, Chronic Acidity and Headache)
- Small piece of ginger with rock salt should be consumed before meals (Should be avoided by those who have gastritis, Chronic Acidity and summer season)
- Liberal use of pomegranates, drumsticks, carrots should be done in everyday diet.
While these regular practices can keep the worms away, the best way to de-worm is to avoid the worms! It can be done by:
- Restricting the consumption of sweets, chocolates, candies, sugar and jaggery.
- Fermented food and bakery products.
- Avoid raw food.
These simple methods can be used in our everyday lives and would help us avoid the worms. Still if the problems persist, it is advisable to consult an Ayurvedic physician on a priority basis.
Ayurveda is a science which not only deals with diseases and its medicine, but it also emphasizes on the prevention of diseases. Ayurveda teaches us many ways and means to prevent the diseases. Start consulting an Ayurveda physician for a better knowledge about your health. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Being able to conceive and give birth to a new life is something that most women dream about. The natural instincts of motherhood give a lot of joy to women after they reach a certain age and this is something that is hormone driven so that they are inspired to get pregnant and give birth, keeping the life cycle of humans regular and growing.
A lot of women may be able to easily conceive and go through a natural pregnancy without any major glitches or problems, but everyone may not be as lucky and there may be those women who may be suffering from health issues that make it difficult for them to conceive.
One problem in women that may lead to difficult in conceiving or infertility may be the problem of endometriosis. This is a health issue that affects the uterus and it is defined as a problem in which the lining of the uterus grows outside of it, disturbing menstrual cycles as well as the ability to conceive and carry a foetus in the uterus.
Is it possible to get pregnant?
There is widespread misconception that women who suffer from endometriosis may never be able to conceive because the uterus lining that is needed for the inception of the embryo in early pregnancy may be missing. However, the truth is that the problem is a treatable one and with the right medical help and guidance, it may be possible to make sure that the problem is brought under control or reversed and that a successful pregnancy may be achieved.
While it is possible to reverse the problem, it is also important for aspiring couples to choose the right gynaecologist for the treatment, because it is a complex issue that can be resolved only with expert and experienced interference. The medical professionals may put you under medication that works on the hormones and creates ways to reverse endometriosis. However, in patients who suffer from severe endometriosis, a surgery may be one of the alternative treatments.
The relation with pregnancy:
As it is suggested by experts in the field of gynaecology, finding difficulty in conceiving may be a real possibility. However, with the help of modern medical practices such as in vitro fertility, it may be possible to conceive when all other forms of treatment fail and in order to achieve such a feat it may be important to trust a doctor that has a perfect backing of knowledge and experience in the field.
The modern world of medicine is no shorter than a marvellous miracle, however, the success or failure of any treatment depends a lot on the kind of medical aide and specialist that you decide to opt for. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Any form of regular exercise is a must for a healthy lifestyle. While some people prefer to work out in a gym, others like the calmness of their own house where they can practice yoga or a walk in the park. Each style of exercise has its own pros and cons. Let's take a look at working out in the gym vs yoga and regular walks.
-It exercises the mind and body
Yoga is a lifestyle and not merely an exercise routine. Thus it not only builds and tones muscles but also strengthens your lung capacity, digestive system etc. It is also said to increase the ability of the mind to focus and attentiveness.
You could walk n a treadmill in the gym but taking in a walk outdoors does more than exercise your body. Taking in nature when you walk outdoors is known to be an effective stress buster and helps you cam your senses. Walking can also help improve your moods and is a form of treatment for depression as well.
-It does not need any special equipment
With yoga, there is no need for weights or special shoes. All you need is a flat, firm surface which could be the carpet in your bedroom or your lawn outdoors. The only equipment you need for a walk is a pair of sturdy, comfortable walking shoes. This makes yoga and walking budget friendly as well when compared to gym membership costs.
-It can be done anywhere
Since yoga does not need any special equipment, it can be practiced anywhere and at any time. Taking a break from sitting at your desk - try a little pranayam. Keep a pair of walking shoes handy and at lunch break take a quick walk around the block - there's nothing to stop you.
-There are less chances of injuring yourself
Once again, since yoga does not need specialized weights or equipment, there are less chances of injuring yourself. Yoga also does not focus on speed allowing you to move comfortably in a way that your body always feels good.
Walking again is an exercise that allows you to work at your own pace and does not make you compete with others. As long as you see where you are going and avoid walking on tarred surfaces, the chances of injuring yourself while walking are very low.
-Weight lost is more likely to stay off
A reason most gym enthusiasts prefer a strenuous workout to yoga and walking is faster weight loss. These techniques do help lose weight but the process is slow. However, since this weight has been lost gradually, it is more likely to stay off.
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic fatigue and exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
- Somatic Symptoms: Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
- Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life.
Hey fever, also called allergic rhinitis is an allergic response to airborne substances such as pollen, dust mite or other allergens from plants or fungi. The symptoms of hey fever include sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, itchy throat, sinus pressures and congestion. Unlike its name, hey fever does not cause any fever.
The allergy generally occurs seasonally, especially in high pollen months, spring, summer or early fall. Not all people are affected by this allergy. Some are mildly affected. For others, immune system misunderstands allergens as harmful and releases the antibody called IgE (immunoglobulin E) to fight with it. This causes symptoms of hey fever. The symptoms could range from a mild congestion or sneezing to sweats, blocked sinuses, headaches and fatigue.
Hey fever is common during childhood; however, it can develop at any stage in a person’s life. It is believed that people with a family history of allergy and asthmatic patients are at a higher risk of developing it. Children born during pollen months as well as babies exposed to cigarette smoke during early years are also at risk of developing this allergy.
A proper diagnosis of the problem is the key to its management. The allergy is generally diagnosed through its symptoms. Sometimes, a blood test is conducted to test the level of immunoblobulinE. The level from 0 to 6 indicates the severity of the allergic reaction.
Allopathic medication offers a combination of interventions like desensitisation, anti-allergen tablets, steroids and quick relief nasal sprays.
Homeopathy, on the other hand, offers a different way of intervention. The patient is treated as per the symptoms restoring the body’s ability to self-heal thereby decreasing dependability on drugs. The best part being homeopathic drugs are free from chemicals and have no side effects.
You can choose to visit a homeopathy clinic or even self-treat through drugs available at homeopathy outlets where detailed symptoms and its prescribed dose can be found out. However, it is important to follow a prescribed dose at right intervals to ensure maximum benefit.
- Allium cepa- can b given when there is hey fever with too much runny nose and discharge is acrid.
- Ars alb- can be given when there is hey fever with intense thirst.
- Nat mur- can be given when there is hey fever with too much sneezing and frontal headache.
- Merc sol- can be given when the patient is extremely sensitive to heat and cold.
- Aurundo- hey fever with excessive burning and itching in the nose, palate, eyes.
All the medicines are generally indicated and needs a homeopathic consultation.
The term ‘skin disorders’ is used to describe different skin problems- from widespread rashes to red small bumps on certain portions of the skin. While some conditions can be harmless but unsightly, others may be infectious and even life-threatening in rare cases.
Some skin conditions have a genetic component, while others may result from allergic reactions. Allergic skin problems occur when certain allergens stimulate an immune response such as itching or redness. Bacteria, fungi, viruses can also lead to skin problems. The most common types of skin problems are psoriasis, eczema, acne, rosacea, warts etc. Let’s take a closer look at these disorders-
- Psoriasis- This is an autoimmune chronic skin condition which causes a rapid increase in the number of skin cells. Due to this rapid accumulation of cells, the surface of your skin becomes dry and flaky. The white scales are usually seen in the joints of your knees and elbows. You will most likely notice redness and inflammation around the scales.
- Eczema- Eczema is a medical condition that causes your skin to turn red and become inflamed and itchy. Eczema occurs in many forms, the most common among which is Atopic dermatitis. This condition begins usually in childhood, and gradually fades away or becomes milder as you age.
- Acne- This is perhaps the most common skin problem particularly prevalent between the ages of 15 and 35. Almost every other person develops small raised bumps known as acne breakouts due to infected or blocked hair follicles. When the skin pores become clogged due to excess oil secretion or accumulation of dirt and dead skin cells, acne can appear anywhere in the skin. Most commonly, these are noticed on the face- cheeks, chin or the nose.
- Rosacea- Rosacea is often mistaken as acne because it induces acne-like inflammatory symptoms. But this particular skin condition can occur due to a combination of genetic and environmental factors. Rosacea produces red, pus-filled small bumps on the skin, and usually affects fair-skinned middle-aged women. Visibly broken blood vessels, swollen skin, itchy dry eyes, rough patches on the skin- all these signs indicate you may have rosacea.
- Warts- These are slightly raised bumps or patches on the upper layer of your skin caused by the Human Papillomavirus (HPV) infection. Warts come in different shapes and sizes and can occur in any part of your body- hands, palms, feet, knees, or face.
Role of Ayurveda in curing skin disorders-
The Ayurveda school of treatment aims to restore your body’s doshic balance- kapha, vata and pitta. Treatment methods include self-care practices such as a balanced lifestyle, healthy diet, exercise and meditation. There are several Ayurvedic therapies including Abhyanga and Panchakarma that are designed to promote healthy skin.
- The Panchakarma vidhi uses medicated herbs, natural ingredients like rice, sand, medicated powder on your body to soothe your senses and flush out the toxins from your body. Once your body is detoxified, your skin feels rejuvenated and nourished.
- Essential rosemary oil and olive oil act as excellent moisturizers, especially for dry flaky skin resulting from psoriasis.
- Ashwagandha, one of the most essential, powerful herbs packed with anti-inflammatory properties, helps remove rosacea puss. To fetch best results, apply or drink extracts of this wonder herb every alternate day.
- Fenugreek seeds, or what is more commonly known as ‘methi’, are rich in essential vitamins like C and K, folic acid and iron. This medicinal plant helps remove dry red patches on the skin. It also prevents the formation of rosacea puss and helps reduce itching.
Skin problems can be mild or severe. Sometimes a conventional treatment method that may work for one condition, may not work well for the other. Ayurveda is a holistic approach to treatment and uses natural ingredients to cure the root cause behind the apparent condition. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Anal fistulas or fistula-in-ano generally cause discomfort due pus or watery discharges and sometimes pain. This is a condition where a nodular swelling appears in area surrounding the anal opening. Intermittent pus discharged is noticed from this nodular swelling. Instead of a nodular swelling; there might be simply an opening in this region. An anal abscess is one of the most common causes for this condition.
Here are ten things you should know about these anal fistulas:
- It is curable through Ayurveda only: Till date many treatment options are tried to cure Anal Fistula which include Anal Fistula Surgery/ Glu technique/ cutting seton/ Colostomy/ Fistula plug/ VAAFT and many more. But all of these treatment methods have pretty high recurrence rate of about 20-25 %. However with Ksharsutra treatment for Anal Fistula; chances of recurrence are negligible. Other complications generally seen in surgery like bleeding, incontinence (inability to hold stool); are not seen with Ksharsutra Treatment. Clinical trials conducted by Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR); at AIIMS New Delhi and PGI Chandigarh in 1992 have proved that Ksharsutra treatment is more convenient and more effective than Surgery in the patients of Anal Fistula.
- There are symptoms you can look out for: Some of the symptoms that indicate anal fistulas include appearance of a nodular swelling in area surrounding Anal opening. Intermittent pus discharge is also observed from this swelling. Usually pain subsides and opening closes after the discharges; and patient feels relief. But after certain interval of time again pus accumulates; swelling re-appears with some amount of pain which is again relieved after the discharge. This cycle is repeated at varying interval in the patient of anal fistula.
- Medication can only provide temporary relief: Anti biotics and painkiller might give temporary relief from the symptoms. But after some time there will be again pus formation and associated swelling & pain in area surrounding anal opening.
- Anal fistulas can recur after surgical treatment: As discussed above all the treatment options tried by modern medicine (including most recent treatment VAAFT) have high incidence of recurrence (about 20-25%) Whereas there are negligible chances of recurrence after Ksharsutra Treatment for Anal Fistula. .
- Anal fistulas treated by Graded Ksharsutra do not recur: Ayurvedic treatment for anal fistulas is known as Kshar sutra therapy. This involves the use of medicated thread being ligated in Fistula Tract. The medicines present in this thread act as a strong debriding agent and induces healing of Fistula tract. In few weekly sittings of Ksharsutra change; Fistula gets healed completely and it do not recur. Pt. maintains his normal routine life during treatment period.
- Sitz bath can be beneficial: This involves sitting in a tub filled with warm water so that the affected site is submerged. An antiseptic and astringent agent like Triphala decoction may be added to the water if needed. A sitz bath soothes the skin and provides relief from pain. This also helps keep the area clean and thus reduces chances of infection.
- Oily and spicy foods should be avoided: When dealing with anal fistulas, you should try and take a diet that keeps your stool soft and regular. Hence use of oily and spicy foods should be reduced. Eat plenty of fiber and drink lots of water. Alcohol should also be avoided.
Ksharsutra vs Surgery in Anal Fistula Patients-
- Ksharsutra is done under Local Anesthesia. Hence complications of General Anesthesia are avoided. Surgical procedures are done under GA with all impending complications of General Anesthesia.
- Ksharsutra being a parasurgical procedure hence no bleeding/ cutting of tissue is involved. Surgery involves cutting/ bleeding.
- No hospitalization or bed rest is required in Ksharsutra Treatment. In Surgery hospitalization is must.
- In Ksharsutra; patient can continue his normal daily routine Surgery may require bed rest.
- Complications like incontinence (inability to hold stool) and recurrence are seen after surgery
- Ksharsutra is a safe procedure and these complications are not seen.
- Ksharsutra Treatment is more economical as compared to VAAFT surgery. VAAFT Surgery is comparatively too expensive.
There are a variety of reasons why a person can fall sick. A good number of these illnesses cannot be prevented though a person may take general precautions. Having said that, in the case of influenza, it can be prevented to a large extent and it does not seem all that smart to avoid taking easy precautions when one has an option, right?
Every year, thousands of people die from influenza, which is so unfortunate because an annual shot can reduce that number by almost 60 percent. So what exactly makes a flu shot or vaccine work? As a result of the vaccine, after about two weeks or so, antibodies begin to develop in the body. These antibodies help fight off infection, specifically the kind that is targeted by the vaccine. It is important to get vaccinated for this flu on an annual basis.
Choosing the right flu shot
Considering the great number of options there are when it comes to flu vaccines, which are the ones to be injected? It is a good idea to get the opinion of a doctor to see which one to choose. This is because the choice is dependent on a variety of factors, which a medical professional would be able to assess appropriately. Note that it is important not to use the nasal spray version of the vaccine as the medical authorities have recently found that it is not as effective a method as it once was.
When should you get it?
Flu season does vary across the world, but in the US, it starts in about October and goes on till May. During this time, the flu viruses are a lot more active. When one gets a flu shot, it is this period that one needs to look out for. So, it is better to get vaccinated in late September or the start of October, so that there is minimal unprotected exposure to the viruses.
Who is it for?
It is to be kept in mind that every individual who is older than six months should be vaccinated. While it is said that getting a vaccine shot year after year reduces its effectiveness, it is still important to do so. This is because each year, the shot is altered to reflect the biggest virus threats in that year. There might be few side effects of the flu vaccine such as redness in the injected area, soreness or swelling. However, as long as one gets a flu shot in time, it is almost a given that there will be almost no time spent ‘down with the flu’.
The human spine is endowed with tremendous strength and flexibility, but it is also prone to severe injuries. Due to the presence of a vast network of nerves in the spinal cord, particularly in the lower region, injuries can become gravely complicated with a large scope for permanent damage. Heavy lifting, sudden movements and twisting can lead to spinal injuries and must be avoided while working out in the gym.
There are simple precautions that you can take to protect your spine from accidents and injuries while doing heavy lifts in the gym. Not only will these precautions ensure that your spine is protected from any harm, but they also yield a range of health benefits in the long run.
Following are a few precautions that can be taken from spinal protection:
- Check the object before lifting: It is important that you check the weight of the object before performing the lift. Test it out by pushing it with your hands or your feet very lightly to see how heavy it is and determine whether or not you should be lifting it.
- Perform a warm up exercise: This is one of the most essential factors for preventing exercise-related injuries. Pace around and stretch all your muscles before you start lifting. This will keep your muscles from suddenly stiffening or locking while you do the lift.
- Ensure that the weight is well balanced: Unbalanced weights greatly increase the risk of injury. You should always make sure that the weight you are lifting is evenly balanced on all sides and that the packing is proper so that it does not move around when you lift or have pieces falling off it.
- Maintain proper posture: One of the most important aspects of lifting in the right manner is to maintain proper body posture. You must always avoid arching your back or reaching out while you lift as that will surely lead to injury.
- Move slowly: Sudden jerks and movements are sure to lead to injury when lifting weights in the gym. Slow and smooth movements are recommended as they keep you from straining your muscles. There is no need to rush through your workout. Always avoid twisting while performing a lift.
- Create enough space: There has to be enough room all around you while you are lifting. This will ensure your safety while you are working out.