Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Rheumatologists in India. You will find Rheumatologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Rheumatologists online in Nashik and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Jadhav
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen JadhavYour feedback matters!
Hello sir mere Ghutne main 3 Years se Dard ho Raha Dono Ghutne main alga alag jagah dard hota hai ,main na he baith Sakta aur na he uth Sakta hu aache se kya aap Bata sakte ho mere Ghutne main kya hua hai.
I have postpartum insomnia. I gave vaginal birth on August. Baby is sleeping better during nights but I can't from the past one week. Why should I do.
I am 75 years old having a problem of insomnia for the last one year. I get hardly 4-5 hrs disturbed sleep at night. Next day through outfeel headache, burning of eyes and feel lousy. It becomes difficult for me to do routine work due to sleepless. I am a diabetic patient under control and also having a prostate problem under treatment. Please advise me the remedy for treatment of insomnia. Thanks.
Hi sir I clenched my right thigh by pushing my knee down but that ignites pain in my thigh. But after some time it goes away. What to do?
I am nearing 64 years. Still working in 2nd innings. Right knee gives some trouble sometimes. What medicines you recommend so that knees do not pain. What dietary & lifestyle changes you recommend for me to lead a healthy & pain-less life. Also recommend with regard to delaying ARTHRITIS & OSTEOPOROSIS. Thanks,
I have suffering knee pain after ACL surgery. Surgery was done in July on left leg ,facing problem when using stairs claiming. Suggest me how I get proper strength.
Knee pain is characterized by a feeling of pain in the knee joint caused by injury or overuse. The knee joint consists of small bone structures, the kneecap, supporting ligaments and cartilage of the knee. This joint bears the full weight of the body, which makes it very vulnerable to injury.
Causes of knee pain
Knee pain is usually caused by injuries to the knee such as exposure to a direct force on the knee, abnormal twisting of the knee or falling on your knees. Some causes of knee pain are -
- Knee strains and sprains - Overworking the knee joints can damage the tissues of the knee joint resulting in knee sprains and strains
- Osteoarthritis - it is condition where the protective cartilage around the kneecap is damaged, resulting in knee pain
- Bursitis - Excessive movement of the knee or kneeling down for extended periods can irritate the bursa (a fluid sac below the skin above the knee joint) that causes swelling and pain, thereby giving rise to this condition
- Gout - This condition is characterized by the accumulation of uric acid in crystal form around the knee joint, causing inflammation and pain
- Tendon disorders - Tendons connect the muscles to the bones, and overworking the knee can cause the tendons around the knee to become sore and painful
- Kneecap dislocation - Injuries may cause the kneecap to shift out of its position, this causes swelling and pain in the knee joint
Symptoms of knee pain
Severe knee pain can restrict movements such as walking or standing. The symptoms vary according to the extent of the damage suffered by the knee. Most common symptoms of knee pain are problems in climbing stairs, inability to extend the knees, limping and swelling of the knee joint. In some cases, knee pain may also cause fever. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.