Submit a review for Omkar Rheumatology ClinicYour feedback matters!
How to avoid symptoms of arthritis in later stages of life? What kind of practices to take up in the age bracket of 24- 50 to avoid the risk.
Popping sound in my knee, it feels as if some misalignment, after 2,3 simultaneous moment knee gets back to position, sometimes I even feel pain. Had visited doc he suggested physiotherapy which I undergone for 2 consecutive weeks. No relief till now, Doc than asked for Vita d tablets even having them for one month, still popping sound, pain and misalignment feeling.
The pain that is associated with arthritis has been well documented. As a matter of fact, it is widely known that arthritis drastically reduces the joy in which a person can go about his or her daily life. However, while the condition may not be reversed, it can be improved with the help of the ancient system of medicine that is Ayurveda.
The field of Ayurveda may put forth solutions to problems such as arthritis, and it is to be kept in mind that the potential of these solutions is to not only improve the problem, but to better the overall health of a person. This has been well proven and documented multiple times over.
The age-old remedies of Ayurveda
- When a person is affected by arthritis, he or she should make the time to undergo a body massage, which makes use of either mustard or sesame oil. Over the course of the massage, the joints whichare afflicted by arthritis can be given more time and focus.
- Ayurveda places a strong focus on the dietary intake of a person. For one who has an issue with arthritis, it is strongly recommended that juices from citrus fruits such as orange and lemonshould be consumed. The reason for this is that the vitamin C which is present in the citrus family of fruits goes a long way in improving the situation.
- A person should also fast if he or she is physically strong enough to perform this task. This is because the process of fasting does a lot to clean out the system and reduces the impurities a person may have.In order for the body to repair well, it should be given a sufficient chance to rest.
- Sleep which is disjointed or inadequate should be replaced by forming habits which are favourable in giving a person sound and fulfilling sleep. The beneficial effects will show in about a few weeks.
- When it comes to health, a lot of issues a person faces in general are due to consuming the wrong kinds of foods. It should not come as a surprise at all that this is also the case when it comes to the problem of arthritis. As a result, a person who is arthritic should stay away from foods which are fried, hot and spicy, as such foods have a great ability to cause trouble.
Researchers believe that not much can be done for providing you relief to a great extent, in case you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. But, they also say that a lot can be controlled by changing your diet. There are certain foods, which are known to add on to the problem of arthritis. These foods increase the pain of arthritis. However, there are also certain foods, which are known to cause relief to the patients by reducing the pain and getting rid of the factors causing it.
It has been a common practice that people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis (RA) are constantly trying to ease its symptoms with food and by taking dietary supplements. There are several studies that indicate a connection between certain types of foods and the inflammation. This inflammation characterises the autoimmune condition. But, it is always advisable that you must consult your doctor before embarking on a new diet chart or taking supplements. Therefore, the best approach towards curing this disease with the help of foods is to take a well-balanced diet.
Foods that can help fight Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Omega-3 fatty acids: It is important that your diet includes cold-water fish as herring, mackerel, trout, salmon and tuna. These fish have omega-3 fatty acids. This is known to have anti-inflammatory effect on the patient. Fish oil can provide relief in joint pain and help in easing morning stiffness. You may also consult your doctor to know whether you can or should take fish oil supplements. The doctor will prescribe you the dosages, depending upon your joint pain. But you should also remember, higher doses of the supplements can have negative effect. They tend to react with other drugs and increase blood pressure.
- Fibres, Whole grain: You must increase the amount of fibre in your diet. So, don’t forget to eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables and whole grains. This will help in reducing the inflammation. Fibre is known to lower the levels of C-reactive protein in the patient’s blood stream. It is an indicator for inflammation in the body.
- Extra virgin olive oil: This will reduce inflammation. It works in the similar fashion as non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen works. Researchers believe that virgin olive oil contains a compound called oleocanthal. This compound blocks the enzymes that is known to cause inflammation.
- Vitamin D: You must have foods rich in vitamin D that is usually linked to calcium and provides protection against osteoporosis. Talk to your doctor, if you are needed to have vitamin D supplements.
Foods That Can Cause Inflammation
There are certain foods that can increase the inflammation and the pain. The inflammation is increased by meats, protein-rich foods, like pulses, etc. Also, omega-6 fatty acids containing foods such s corn, soyabean, etc. can make things worse.
I am 26 years old and I ended up twisting my knee 2 months back on 25th of March while dancing due to bad landing and since then I have been struggling to find what the injury actually is. I went for an MRI as advised which showed mild effusion in knee bones and no tears in ligaments and fracture in bones after taking rest for 3 weeks I consulted another doctor who asked to repeat the MRI as the knee was not healed and there was lot of fluid surrounding the knee due to which lot of swelling was there. In 2nd MRI it showed partial tear of ACL grade 2 and break of muscle fibres and mild joint effusion. Please suggest me the best option as the fluid has again surrounded after removing once by Doctor. Doing my exercises but hardly any recovery. Knee is quite stiff and pain is experienced only on the bones part so confused if it is bone injury or ACL injury. Moreover 2 doctors have advised for ACL surgery and 1 advised against it as it is more of a bone injury and a small partial tear of ACL. Less amount of pain is experienced with 70℅ movement of knee after exercises .instability of knee m not sure how can I check as still cannot walk properly and using elbow crutch and knee brace to walk. please advise something as it's been 2 months. Do I need to take full bed rest as doctor advised I can walk but it's not helping me in any case. Knee is still swelled up with lots of fluid surrounding but not any clue of pain in the acl area. Only experiencing little pain on knee bones.
I am getting sounds from knees course and crack sounds since last 6 years when ever I sit and up and movement at any time so please give me solution sound is coming like audible to others clearly that much intensity of sound please help me with proper diet .and I am doubt about my masturbation I do it daily since last 8 years one. Bad boy thought me this masturbation since that I am doing this please help me and clear my doubt is it due to masturbation or any other reason.
Hi, This is for my Father. He is 75 years old and pretty healthy for his age. We had done a health check at apollo a month back and found out he has a little high BP issue and arthritis. The distance between the knee bones have reduced as per my understanding. Doctor has referred the following medicines and told us to take the test for BP and XRay for knee and consult a doc after a month. Following are the medicines: 1. Flavojoint-twice daily 2. oxygen gel- twice daily 3. For BP- T. Tazaloc AM- once daily. But still now he is not recovered fully for both BP and arthritis. So we need to know whether we should continue with the medicine or not. If to continue, till how many months we need to take it. Regards.
The knee is one of the largest and most important joints of our body. It is also susceptible to wear and tear as well as injuries. Knee pain can occur due to a variety of reasons starting from conditions like arthritis problem and osteoporosis as well as injuries that can affect the ligaments, the joint, the menisci and femur. These are the various parts of the knees, which can suffer from degeneration or even injuries. The best way to combat chronic knee pain is through rest, ice compress and with the help of pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication.
While rest and ice compress for chronic knee pain and pain relieving and anti-inflammatory medication are the best ways to combat knee pain, orthopaedics also recommend the use of various strengthening exercises which can alleviate knee pain. Here are a few of the best ones!
- The towel hook: Lie down flat on your back and raise one leg, Hook a towel under the foot and press it against the towel as you pull both ends downwards, creating slight pressure. This can be done for a few seconds at a time. Remember to do this at least ten times for each foot and increase gradually. This exercise helps in strengthening your entire leg from the calf to the knee and even the thighs so that the pain subsides.
- Towel roll: In towel roll exercise, after pushing knee, should do dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds.. Hamstring exercises are also given by placing roll towel under your feet, push down, dorsiflexion and hold for 20 seconds Adductor exercises are also given by placing small ball between your legs just above the knee joint, press and hold for 20seconds.
- Swing: For this exercise, you will need to sit down on a chair. Now take one leg and swing it up until it is in line with your hip. Hold it out like this before you slowly bring it down again. Do this at least twenty to thirty times for each leg and gradually increase the frequency and the number of seconds for which you hold the knee. This will also help in pain management.
- Knee marches: You can also do knee marches by sitting down on a chair. You will need to march each knee up and down at least twenty to thirty times. You will need to do this for a few minutes every day and you can easily do it twice a day even when you are at work, sitting in front of a desk. You must ensure that your posture is straight and upright for this exercise.
My mother in law suffering from knee pain from the last 4 to 5 yrs. Is she relief from this problem. She visited various Dr. & now she takes medicine VOLTAFLAM 50 when started heavy pain. Any suggestion by you, please.
I have rheumatoid arthritis. Please suggest me some natural therapy other than taking steroids and other harmful medicines. I want to get cured soon. Will I live long?
My mother (Age 51, weight 69 kg) has osteoarthritis and the synovial fluid of the right knee (Arthritis grade 4) is nearly gone but the bones of the left leg started to bend and paining more severe from 2 month on wards. And BMD results shows osteoporosis (T-Score = -4.06) (Z Score = -2.63) but uric acid (3.7 mg/dL) and serum calcium is normal. She also has mild diabetes and High BP (140/80). Should we go for the knee replacement surgery or is there any alternative ayurvedic treatment of it? And Can knee replacement surgery successful in osteoporosis bones?
Hi, I am 27 years old female. At times I experience leg pain .It starts above my knees n goes until the toes. It happens specially during nights. I always end up applying move. M scared for this n wanted to know whether it gonna cause any complicated issue. Pls lemme know.
My mother age is 62. She suffered from knee pain. She can able to walk. But when she sit and stand she feels pain. I take her to an allopathic doctor. He gives ointment and medicine. He said come later and we take X ray. If we need we do operation he says like that. I am afraid of operation. Please give suggestions to me. She is suffering from knee pain. Please give suggestions doctor.
I am facing pain in my knee from past 4 days. I have been riding bicycle for the last 25 years and I go by walk to most of places like market. I work in cisf central police. I was diagnosed with the problem In l3-l4 disk problem for which I took medication and bit of good feeling. But now I feel pain in my knees. Suggest me the best treatment and I want good medicine. Probably homeopathic medicine I would prefer for. My knee is not painful most of time. My knee is not warm on touch, not swollen. It's troubling me since 5 days. No history of injury. I sant to know homeopathic medicine for this and with dosage and want to know what not to eat during this homeopathic medicine intake. Tsh level- 6.19 Ft3 level- 2.05 Ft3 level- 0.87.
Knee replacement surgery — also known as knee arthroplasty (ARTH-row-plas-tee) — can help relieve pain and restore function in severely diseased knee joints. During knee replacement, a surgeon cuts away damaged bone and cartilage from your thighbone, shinbone and kneecap and replaces it with an artificial joint made of metal alloys, high-grade plastics and polymers.
Why is it done?
The most common reason for knee replacement surgery is to relieve severe pain caused by osteoarthritis. People who need knee replacement surgery usually have problems walking, climbing stairs, and getting in and out of chairs. Some also have moderate or severe knee pain at rest.
The procedure begins with you being administered general anesthesia, after which, an incision of 9-12 inches is made on the knee. The part of the joint that has been damaged is gotten rid of, following which the surfaces of the bone are redesigned to hold an artificial joint. Cement is used to attach the artificial joint to the shin, knee cap and the thigh bone. Once the fitting is complete, the artificial joint is supported by the surrounding muscles.
For most people, knee replacement provides pain relief, improved mobility and a better quality of life. Consult a doctor about what you can expect from knee replacement surgery.
Three to six weeks after surgery, you generally can resume most daily activities, such as shopping and light housekeeping. Driving is also possible at around three weeks if you can bend your knee far enough to sit in a car and if you have enough muscle control to operate the brakes and accelerator.
After you've recovered, you can enjoy a variety of low-impact activities, such as walking, swimming, golfing or biking. But you should avoid higher impact activities — such as jogging, skiing, tennis and sports that involve contact or jumping. Talk to your doctor about your limitations.
The duration of the hospital stay is around 2-3 days. The effects of the surgery start becoming noticeable within a month of the surgery being carried out. Initially, you may require walking aids. It takes about 5-6 weeks to regain your ability to walk without any external or physical support.
You will have to undergo physical therapy after the surgery to improve your muscle strength. The physiotherapist may prescribe various exercises to strengthen the muscles around the knees. You need to follow certain precautions after the surgery; squatting and kneeling become certain activities which you should avoid. Avoid activities that places undue stress on the knees.