Doctor in Omkar Rheumatology Clinic
Submit a review for Omkar Rheumatology ClinicYour feedback matters!
Hello My mother is suffering from the knee pain. Every test is conducted and also we take consultation from the joint doctor. She take medicine at proper time but after that there is no positive result from any medicine .Please tell me solution for removal of her pain. This pain create a lot of problem so sit or also to stand or walk.
Fibromyalgia is a condition characterised by chronic widespread body pains and increased responsiveness to pressure. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from this disorder than men. Fibromyalgia can be treated with physiotherapy, pharmacotherapy and combined efforts of physician and the patient.
Some of the symptoms that characterize this disorder are:
- Pain: Fibromyalgia is characterized by pain that has no apparent reason. It can affect different parts of the body and presents itself in different ways. Some people may experience a stabbing pain while others complain of a persistent dull ache. This pain may be affected by climate changes or stressful situations. There is reduced threshold to pain, because of certain chemical ( neurotransmitters) abnormalities in brain. Pain is generalized, felt above and below the waist, right and left-side of body, arms, legs, neck and back.
- Abnormal Sensitivity: Fibromyalgia patients are extremely sensitive to environmental changes that involve sight, sound and smell. For example, cigarette smoke can make a fibromyalgia patient extremely nauseous while loud music can give the person an instant headache. Lights that are brighter than normal can also make such a person feel uncomfortable. Patients have an abnormal sensitivity to pain, which leads to generalized aching of the body and tender points.
- Muscle & Joint Stiffness: Fibromyalgia patients often experience stiff muscles and joints without any form of strenuous activity or other reason. This may be localised to one group of muscles or affect the whole body. For some patients, this pain is worse in the morning or when sitting for extended periods of time. However, moving around does not provide any significant relief.
- Chronic fatigue and exhaustion: There are two main reasons for a fibromyalgia patient to complain of tiredness. Firstly, the condition itself drains a person of energy even without overexerting themselves. Secondly, the pain and joint stiffness can hamper a person’s sleep and lead to sleep deprivation. Over time, this can become a vicious cycle of tiredness and insomnia. Chronic fatigue also affects a person’s immune system causing his or her energy levels to drop.
- Cognitive impairments: Fibromyalgia patients also complain of a compromised short term memory. They often face difficulties recalling names of people they have recently met or other newly acquired information. These people may also have trouble concentrating on tasks for extended periods of time and experience mental sluggishness also known as fibro-fog.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: Bowel disturbance is another common symptom of this disease. Passing stool may become difficult due to a combination of pain and muscle stiffness. With time, this problem can worsen unless addressed with laxatives. However, an over-dependence on laxatives can lead to further problems.
- Somatic Symptoms: Apart from pain, patient experiences unrefreshing sleep and fatigue throughout the day. Other associated features can be depression, abdominal cramps, chest pain, tingling.
- Lab Tests: Fibromyalgia is a clinical diagnosis. There are no definite laboratory tests. In fact, most conducted tests will turn out to be normal.
Treatment: Foremost important is an education of patient and caregivers, regarding nature of the disease. The patient needs to indulge in recreational activities and undergo supervised physiotherapy. There are potent medicines to correct the chemical imbalance in the body thereby increasing the pain threshold and leading to better quality of life.
I run upto 3-4 kms daily. I am feeling weakness in my knees instead of proper protein diet also I am feeling pain in my feet bones. What should I do?
Hello dear sirs/ mam I have a case of 28 years lady having rheumatoid arthritis, report shows R.A +ve. Pain started 4 years ago 15 day after delivery. Unable to recall downward or upward moving of pain while it started, Pain in large joint esp both elbow,& both ankle, with small joint (metacarpal, tarsal proximal phalanx not distal. Aggravate in morning & evening, noon time symptoms get relive because warm,(no warm or cold application relive her pain) Coming to the mental symptoms pain subside while she is occupied in work, living in joint family get angry on her sister in law while work is not accomplish ed by her sister in law, she does all work & get angry while home chore is not done by any one. On the contrary she got love marriage with yielding disposition to her husband. PT get angry & beat their children while she is angry or their children are crying for nothing. Epithermal ,no aversion ,desire for mild spicy thing.
I have a ACL tear on both the legs. Is there any other way than surgery to heal them? Doing regular exercise and. Will effect on knees?
Dear Sir or Madam, Few months back my mother in law get dysentery so he did not eat well because of this her sugar level increase to 357 and pain in legs and fingers so doctor advised to admit her and taking test its shows arthritis also shown because of sugar so after discharge form hospital sometime pain is there in fingers and legs she takes medicine also but some time swelling in hand take place so please what should we do for swelling and pain. THANKS.
Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disorder in which the body recognizes the body's own system as foreign and produces an inflammatory reaction. The synovium which is the space between the bones and the joints and contains a lubricating fluid which allows easy movement of the joints.
Inflammation of this space leads to painful, swollen joints that can also turn red and become stiff over a period of time. The joint surfaces can gradually progresses to produce deformities (the swan-neck deformity of the hand for instance) and disability.
Because it is an autoimmune disorder, the exact etiology is not known but lifestyle, stress, cold weather are supposedly predisposing factors. That being the case, it is not surprising that Ayurveda has a variety of options, both in terms of do's and don't's to manage rheumatoid arthritis - both the severity of symptoms and further progression of the disease.
Do's: A well-planned diet will help by supporting optimal functioning of the immune system and nourish the affected joints.
- People diagnosed with RA should follow a diet that is rich in fruits and vegetables. Drumsticks, bitter gourd, carrot, papaya, green leafy vegetables, cabbage, etc., reduce inflammation and hyperactivity of the immune system. The antioxidant properties in these neutralize the free radicals circulating in the body (responsible for increasing inflammation). This helps control the longstanding inflammation of the joints.
- It is also advisable to eat them as whole fruits and not as juices. The fiber in the whole fruits helps digestion.
- Sprinkle pepper powder over cooling food items like cucumber and radish.
- Include garlic which is an excellent remedy for RA, can be mixed with buttermilk.
- Whole grains such as wheat, brown rice, millet, barley are beneficial for RA, their high fiber content helps in proper digestion and promotes regular bowel movements.
- Honey mixed with water.
- Drink boiled milk to which dry ginger powder is added; this can replace tea and coffee.
- Milk mixed with turmeric powder is also helpful in controlling inflammation.
- Work at reducing weight.
Don'ts: In addition to adding the above to your diet, there are some things to avoid, which can worsen symptoms of inflammation.
- Avoid overall unhealthy and irregular diet habits which affects the immune system and aggravates symptoms
- Avoid sleeping during daytime and staying awake at nights
- Avoid deep fried foods and fermented food items
- Given its autoimmune nature, it is better to avoid regular allergy-inducing foods like dairy products, soy, peanuts, processed foods, artificial additives, etc. These could trigger an enhanced allergic reaction.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco
- Avoid tea and coffee and other caffeinated drinks
- With simple daily food habit and lifestyle changes, the severity of RA can be managed effectively.
I am 22 years old. I have contusion in my right shoulder and doctor prescribed me to take glucosamine 500 mg od ,is it ok for this ?
Knock knee and bow legs is a condition in which your legs appear bowed out that means that your knees stay wide apart and your ankles are together and knock-knee is the condition in which the knees angle touch to one another, commonly called valgus and varus deformities.
Causes of bow legs and knock-knee genetic are due to rickets and arthritis deficiency of vit D and other nutritions, abnormalities, muscle imbalances, which can cause these deformities which results in excessive hip-knee-ankles. These deformities can affect various joints of the body including the knee, ankle, hip and spine. We take different treatments to prevent this, like painkillers, knee brace, exercise splint and finally surgery. If you want to correct this deformity without any surgery with laser treatment and other specific exercises then you can contact us.