Find numerous Neurosurgeons in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Neurosurgeons online in Nagpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shailesh Kelkar
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Management & Treatment of Spinal Disorders
Hepatitis B Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Treatment of Spina Bifida
Hepatitis C Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shailesh KelkarYour feedback matters!
Hi Doctors. I M 33 year F/. I have very bad migraine headache, from 4 years. Now days its becoming worst and worst, everyday I wil have this pain and once it come it will not go 1 week and 10 days, I am getting irritate very soon I have this pain. Also I am frequently lower abdomen pain (completely lower abdomen and back pain one side and right side hip pain) could any one help me how and what kind of test if do to know the problems.
hi my son age 11 has absent seizures since last several years ,currently he is being given sodium valproate and clonabazam , but absent seizures do continue occassionaly ,in the past dosage was increased but this led to increased level of valporic acid in blood , dosage had to be reduced. plz suggest what to do
Sleep disorder is the condition where a person loses his night sleep completely or is able to sleep only for few hours or minutes. They feel a sudden restlessness when they go to sleep, or they naturally do not get any good sleep. Sleeping disorders can be of various types and they are not just only about the person's inability to fall asleep.
Some common types of sleeping disorders are:
- Sleep apnea
- Restless leg syndrome
- Loss of sleep due to excessive snoring
- Insomnia and sleep deprivation
All the disorders have one thing in common. They generally make the person feel tired all day long, due to complete or partial loss of sleep.
Sleeping disorders cannot be identified from the day one. The slow build up of symptoms are the only clue to the fact that one is suffering from this condition.
Some of the very common symptoms that would help the person to identify the problem are:
- Falling asleep during the day and during work
- Irritable sensation all throughout the day
- Loss of patience during work
- Loss of concentration during the day
The homeopathic remedies involve the use of natural herbs and their extracts. All these are recommended by the doctors in prescribed dosages.
Some of the commonly used homeopathic remedies are:
- Chamomilla: People suffering from sleeplessness due to pain and irritation prefer this.
- Coffea: This particular herb is considered to be ideal for coping with sleeping disorders. This is more commonly suggested for people, who find it difficult to fall asleep due to over excitation, or else due to sudden mood swings.
- Belladona: This herb is used in cases where the person has trouble falling asleep due to nightmares or headache. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What are the symptoms of migraine and dengue and what precautions should b taken to avoid this and be safe.
I have persistent numbness in both hand and feet since 5 days. I have done my full body checkup. All report is normal. Bp is 140/90. Dr. prescribe me trineurosol hp inj. Afer taking 3 inh no improvement is seen. What should I do.
I am 39 and have severe headache due to gas and migraine. The moment I move out of house my head starts paining.
Some times I feel swelling in the upper side of my right thigh, it's not painful but uncomfortable, usually when I can feel it I feel stiffness in my thigh muscles and sometimes a little sensation of numbness in my leg, when it goes away everything gets back to normal, what could this be and could it be something serious?, thank you.
Pain on left side of face n sensations also. All symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia but not detected in facial nerve test and in MRI.
Sleep apnea is a potentially dangerous sleep disorder in which you stop and start breathing frequently while you are sleeping. Symptoms of sleep apnea often include loud snoring and fatigue even if you sleep uninterrupted through the night. Obesity and age are the common risk factors of sleep apnea.
The most common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea, in which the throat muscles contract and relax while you are asleep. The other type of sleep apnea, called central sleep apnea, usually occurs in people who have been diagnosed with brain tumors, infections or heart failure, or have had a stroke.
Treatment of sleep apnea includes:
- CPAP: The Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device is generally recommended in the treatment of sleep apnea. CPAP is a breathing machine that stops your airways from getting blocked when you are sleeping. The CPAP device is normally the size of a tissue box. It comes with a mask that you put over your mouth and nose. The machine attached to the mask pumps a continuous flow of air that keeps your airways clear as you sleep.
- BPAP: The Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP) device is used as an alternative to the CPAP device, if you find it hard to adjust to the CPAP. If you have a weak pattern of breathing, the BPAP can be helpful.
- ASV: The Adaptive Servo-ventilation (ASV) device is used to treat both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Treatment for other medical conditions: Sometimes sleep apnea can be caused by underlying health conditions. Problems such as rhinitis (nasal passage inflammation) and hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) can cause sleep apnea. In such cases, your doctor needs to diagnose these conditions first before treating your sleep apnea.
- Lifestyle changes: Excessive weight sometimes can cause sleep apnea; so losing excessive weight should be a priority. Also, alcohol and tobacco can contribute to your symptoms, so try avoiding those.
- Medication: Usually, doctors do not prescribe any medicine, since sedatives and sleeping pills actually worsen sleep apnea. But, in case of sleep apnea in children, doctors typically suggest intra nasal corticosteroid medicine to treat the symptoms.
- Surgery: Surgeries to increase the size of your airway or to remove your adenoids, tonsils or extra tissues in the rear of your throat or your nose can prove helpful. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.