Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Homeopaths in India. You will find Homeopaths with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Homeopaths online in Nagpur and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Asthma Management Program
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Viral Fever Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dilip KhadodeYour feedback matters!
I am trying to reduce my weight from last one year. I have irregular scehdules and work loads. Still manage to do exercise. What is the best exercise or food to reduce?
I felt like missing some words while talking to others! Its felt really shame to me in front of others. How to solve it?
I am a girl and I am suffering from severe sleeping disorders. I have tried everything but it's simply not working. Help me.
Sir /Madam, Im sanjeev 28 years old male. From the past four days onwards I observed little reddish on my eye (white part of the eye. What are the possible reasons for this and guide how to cure this.
I am a 18 years old male. I am having acnes on my body having pus in it. They occur frequently. My sugar level is also normal. Don't know what to do.
The hormone human chorionic gonadotropin(better known as hCG) is produced during pregnancy.
It is made by cells formed in the placenta, which nourishes the egg after it has been fertilized and becomes attached to the uterine wall.
Levels can first be detected by a blood test about 11 days after conception and about 12-14 days after conception by a urine test.
Typically, the hCG levels will double every 72 hours. The level will reach its peak in the first 8-11 weeks of pregnancy and then will decline and level off for the remainder of the pregnancy.
Key Things To Remember About HCG Levels -
- As you get further along in pregnancy and the hCG level gets higher, the time it takes to double can increase to about every 96 hours.
- Caution must be used in making too much of hCG numbers. A normal pregnancy may have low hCG levels and result in a perfectly healthy baby. The results from an ultrasound after 5 -6 weeks gestation are much more accurate than using hCG numbers.
- An hCG level of less than 5mIU/ml is considered negative for pregnancy, and anything above 25mIU/ml is considered positive for pregnancy.
- The hCG hormone is measured in milli-international units per milliliter (mIU/ml).
- A transvaginal ultrasound should be able to show at least a gestational sac once the hCG levels have reached between 2,000mIU/ml. Because levels can differentiate so much and conception dating can be wrong, a diagnosis should not be made by ultrasound findings until the hCG level has reached at least 2,000.
- A single hCG reading is not enough information for most diagnoses. When there is a question regarding the health of the pregnancy, multiple testings of hCG done a couple of days apart give a more accurate assessment of the situation.
- The hCG levels should not be used to date a pregnancy, since these numbers can vary so widely.
- There are two common types of hCG tests. A qualitativehCG test detects if hCG is present in the blood. A quantitative hCG test (or beta hCG) measures the amount of hCG actually present in the blood.
- Guideline To HCG Levels During Pregnancy
hCG levels in weeks from LMP (gestational age):
- 3 weeks LMP: 5-50 mIU/ml
- 4 weeks LMP: 5-426 mIU/ml
- 5 weeks LMP: 18-7,340 mIU/ml
- 6 weeks LMP: 1,080-56,500 mIU/ml
- 7-8 weeks LMP: 7, 650-229,000 mIU/ml
- 9-12 weeks LMP: 25,700-288,000 mIU/ml
- 13-16 weeks LMP: 13,300-254,000 mIU/ml
- 17-24 weeks LMP: 4,060-165,400 mIU/ml
- 25-40 weeks LMP: 3,640-117,000 mIU/ml
* These numbers are just a guideline, every woman's level of hCG can rise differently. It is not necessarily the level that matters, but rather the change in the level.
What Can A Low HCG Level Mean?
A low hCG level can mean any number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to see how the level is changing.
A low hCG level can indicate:
- Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
- Possible miscarriage or blighted ovum
- Ectopic pregnancy
What Can A High HCG Level Mean?
A high level of hCG can also mean a number of things and should be rechecked within 48-72 hours to evaluate changes in the level.
A high hCG level can indicate:
- Miscalculation of pregnancy dating
- Molar pregnancy
- Multiple pregnancy