Doctor in Dr.Dilip Khadode Homoeopathic Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr.Dilip Khadode Homoeopathic ClinicYour feedback matters!
Heartburn can be a very discomforting condition and affects almost everyone at some point in his or her life. This is a condition wherein the stomach acids back up through the esophagus resulting in a burning sensation, especially near the chest area. Quick-relief medications can help you deal with them for a particular episode. However, recurring deposits might warrant changes in diet and lifestyle. Some of the long and short term remedies are mentioned below:
Short term remedies to deal with heartburn
- Eat a banana or an apple: A few slices of banana and apples can introduce acids into your stomach which will counteract the stomach acids and thus help reduce heart burn.
- Use baking soda and water as a home remedy: This is another quick fix if you don’t have anything at home when suffering from heartburn. If you mix half to a full spoon of baking soda with water and then drink slowly, it will immediately help relieve symptoms. However, don’t make this a regular remedy as it may cause side effects such as nausea and swelling.
- Ginger root tea: Making tea with ginger is another great home remedy which can easily relieve heart burn.
- Chew gum when you have heartburn: This is helpful as the constant stimulation within the mouth due to chewing gum helps with saliva production. The excess production of saliva helps wash away the acids that have built up in the stomach. Once the acid recedes, it helps in relieving or eliminating heartburn.
- Aloe Vera Juice: Drinking aloe vera juice helps in relieving heart burn very easily. It helps control inflammation in both the esophagus and the stomach and relieves pain from heartburn. However, regular use isn’t recommended as it can act like a laxative.
- Change your Sleeping habits: Try to sleep on the left side of your body and ensure that your upper body is in a slightly raised position as this will stop the stomach acids form coming up into the esophagus.
- Watch what you eat, when you eat and how quickly you eat: It is advisable to not only maintain a fixed time of eating but also try to eat slowly as it give the stomach more time to adjust in digesting the food, thereby ensuring controlled secretion of the acids.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol: These are common triggers for heartburn and avoiding them will show results in a relatively short period of time. It is advisable to stop smoking and reduce alcohol consumption to once a week or even lesser.
- Wear loose fitting clothes: Wear clothes which are loose as this would free up your stomach. Tight clothing can push stomach acids up the esophagus and it is advisable to loosen up clothing to relieve symptoms.
In today’s world, we are going back to basics with a conscious effort to eat organically grown and home cooked food for a fit body. This is due to the fact that there has been a revival of many age old wellness movements like Ayurveda. Ayurveda is an ancient medical field that relies on the use of massages, oils and herbs for the resolution of various ailments. As per Ayurveda and other arms of holistic medical fields, green tea is an ingredient that is highly beneficial for the health.
Read on to know more about the health benefits of green tea:
- Antioxidants and Bioactive Compounds: Green tea consists of a number of bioactive compounds that can improve one’s health. These bioactive compounds include polyphenols like flavonoids and catechins which are best known as antioxidants. The formation of free radicals in the body is curbed by these substances which can further prevent aging and other ailments. The EGCG or Epigallocatechin Gallate is one of the most powerful antioxidants that can be found easily in green tea.
- Brain Function: There are also a number of brain boosting minerals and compounds found in green tea. These substances improve the brain function and keep away the signs of aging when it comes to this area. Caffeine is one of the key ingredients in green tea. This ingredient acts as a vital stimulant, which keeps the brain well functioning. Also, it has a positive effect on the neurons and neurotransmitters that are released by the brain. These neurotransmitters include dopamine and norepinephrine. In this way, green tea also reduces the risk of falling prey to conditions like Alzheimer’s Disease and Parkinson’s Disease.
- Fat Burning: Green tea is an excellent fat burning supplement that is fast gaining popularity in the weight management market. The various elements of green tea help in boosting the rate of metabolism and increasing the fat burning process. This is due to the fact that it increases the expenditure of energy to a great degree. Green tea is also credited with the mobilisation of various fatty acids that can be found in the fat tissue of the body.
- Cancer: Green tea also reduces the risk of cancer because it has a number of antioxidants. It helps in the prevention of various kinds of cancer including prostate cancer, breast cancer and even colorectal cancer.
- Dental Health: The substances that are found in green tea help in killing bacteria before it can infect one’s mouth. So, apart from cleaning the digestive system of various toxins, it also prevents plaque formation and tooth decay. It keeps dangerous bacteria like Streptococci Mutans away from the mouth and lowers the risk of caries.
Exercise is one of the best things one can do for themselves to stay fit and healthy. Regular exercise will always be a great idea for the normal functioning of the body.
Exercises play a vital role in controlling or minimizing heart issues. They greatly help in maintaining good blood circulation. They are also helpful in maintaining blood pressure, cholesterol, weight, and increasing energy levels.
Exercises do help to prevent heart disease, but it is important to do right exercises in right amount.
How Often and How Long Should One Exercise?
If the person is not active, 20 to 30 minutes of Aerobic session for at least four times a week is good enough. However, the more the person can do, the better the result will be.
If a person is already physically active, more exercise time is recommended, to really tone the body.
The amount of exercise also depends upon stamina of the particular person.
What type of Exercise is Beneficial for Heart Disease?
For heart disease, one can always go for exercises that make fasten the heartbeat.
Exercises like Cardio, Weight Lifting and Aerobics are one of the best exercises for heart diseases. For those, who are looking for exercises for joint problems as well, swimming and walking are good options.
Some of the Best Exercises for Heart Diseases:
1. Cardio Exercises
The Cardio exercises fasten the heartbeat and also lower down the blood pressure level. Depending upon the prescription of the cardiologist, one can perform Cardio exercises like Walk, Jog, Jump rope, Bicycle, Skipping, Skate, Row, Dance, etc.
Aerobic exercise like biking, swimming, playing soccer and hiking uphill, can help in increasing heart rate, decreasing blood pressure and improving blood circulation. These may also be effective in lowering blood sugar.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, every adult should get at least two hours and 30 minutes of moderate-intensity Aerobic exercises per week.
3. Strength training
Resistance training or Strength training is another way to lower the risk of heart diseases. Performing strength training twice a week will help in decreasing the bad cholesterol and raising good cholesterol.
Ideally, strength training is combined with Aerobics in sets with 8-12 repetitions.
Some of the strength training exercises are lifting free weights, exercise with resistance bands, pushups, sit-ups, squats, lunges, crunches, etc.
Why Yoga? A promising way to prevent Heart Disease
- According to Cunningham, who has taught Yoga for 40 years, it can be used as a preventive measure for heart diseases.
- Yoga can help improve respiratory function, increase heart rate, boost circulation, lower blood pressure, increase lung capacity, and muscle tone.
- Yoga can also be beneficial for those who have faced Heart attack or Cardiac arrest. Most patients go through depression after Bypass surgery; Yoga also helps to get rid of depression and anxiety. It also helps in reducing emotional stress.
- Some of the effective Yoga Postures are Boat Pose (Paripurna Navasana), Extended Triangle Pose (utthita trikona), Feathered Peacock Pose (pinca mayura), Handstand (adho mukha vrksasana), Hero Pose (veer-AHS-anna), Low Lunge, Supported Headstand (salamba alamba sirsa), and many more.
- Yoga and other exercises help in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. However, one should always consult a trainer or doctor before doing these exercises. Also, these exercises should always be accompanied by a healthy diet, to really make these exercises effective. Eating a burger after a Yoga session is never going to be a good idea.
Sleep is the most essential part of our lives because it is the time when our body gets rejuvenated and recharged. However, due to numerous reasons, quite a few individuals fail to achieve proper sleep or any sleep at all. This condition in which a person is unable to sleep at night can be termed as insomnia.
Causes of insomnia
There can be varied reasons for different people that can cause insomnia.
- Unhealthy lifestyle i.e. improper sleep cycle, improper food habits, untimely naps, substance abuse etc.
- Medical conditions like sinus allergies, gastrointestinal problems, endocrine problems, arthritis, asthma, neurological condition like Parkinson’s disease, chronic back pain etc.
- Psychological conditions like depression and anxiety
- Certain medications aimed to cure other health problems
In case of the treatable medical reasons, insomnia is gone once the problem is treated. However, for people who have no idea as to why they suffer from insomnia, here are certain tips that can help in fighting it.
Lifestyle changes to cure insomnia
Starting with a significant lifestyle change can be a great way to change one’s sleep cycles and get a good night’s sleep.
- Maintain a proper and healthy diet, with more fruits and vegetables and less carbs and fat.
- Try to sleep and wake up at the same time everyday (despite the fact that you may not feel sleepy). This will train the body and regulate the body clock.
- Avoid afternoon naps or any short naps during the day.
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Avoid caffeine as it has contains properties that keeps a person up for long hours.
- Avoid intake of alcohol and nicotine. Although alcohol is associated with fun and partying, it is actually a depressant and causes improper sleep.
- Avoid any meal right before bed time.
Tips that can help
- Take a good, warm shower right before sleep.
- Ask your partner to give you a nice massage before bedtime.
- Restrict bed activities to sleep and sex only, nothing more.
- Make a really comfortable and inviting sleep environment.
- Try and get rid of all your worries before going to bed.
- Reduce stress using a number of stress reduction therapies like meditation, deep breathing, progressive muscle relaxation techniques, etc.
Apart from the lifestyle changes and the tips that will help you gain a better sleep, there is another therapy, which may be useful. It is called the cognitive behavioural therapy. This therapy can give essential knowledge about sleep and help achieve normal sleep routines.
Today I checked my thyroid panel and found that my FT3 is 7.76 pmol/L, FT4 is 27.40 pmol/L and TSH is 0.02 mIU/L. The result is hyperthyroidism But months back my total T3 was 0.21 ng/ml, T4 was 2.1 ug/dl and TSH was 154.23 uIU/mL. So I was advised to increase my dose from 100 to 150 mcg. I was hypothyroidism. But now the result is showing me being hyper. There is no weight lose too. Kindly guide me.
It is a common notion that fats are the major culprits that lead to all the weight problems and that cutting them off entirely from the diet can be a helpful solution. There’s no need to freak out with this information because there is more explanation to it. The truth is we actually cannot live without fats. This is because fats play an important role in a healthy diet. Fatty acids from fats are essential for a healthy skin. Fats also deliver fat-soluble vitamins and are great sources of energy. This is where the part about good fats and bad fats is important, and it is essential to know which fats should be avoided and which are the ones that should be included as a part of your diet. It is also important to know the amount of fat consumption and ways to avoid trans-fats (bad fats) that cause artery clogging. Let’s make a clear classification of the good and the bad fats.
The unsaturated fats are basically the good guys and these include polyunsaturated fatty acids and monounsaturated fatty acids. Both, when eaten in moderation, can help in lowering the risk of heart diseases as the cholesterol levels are reduced.
Polyunsaturated fats can be found mostly in vegetable oils and when substituted for saturated fats, these help in lowering the triglycerides and cholesterol levels in the blood. One such type of polyunsaturated fat with potential heart benefits is omega-3 fatty acid. Omega-3 is present in fish like trout, salmon, catfish etc. They are also found in walnuts and flaxseeds.
Monounsaturated fats also help in reducing heart diseases and a lot of these are consumed by Mediterranean people. These are found in olives, almonds, cashews, avocados, hazelnuts, peanut oil, canola, sesame seeds etc.
There are essentially two kinds of bad fats, saturated fats and trans fatty acids. Both can cause artery clogs and heart risks because they increase cholesterol content in the blood.
Saturated fats can be found in animal products like high-fat dairy, eggs, meat, poultry skin, vegetable fats like coconut and palm oils etc. There are a number of evidences, which suggest that saturated fats increase the risk of colon and prostate cancer. It is better to consume these in limited quantities to keep your cholesterol levels under check.
Trans fatty acids or trans fats may be naturally occurring fats, which are found in dairy and meat or the artificial ones, which are found in liquid oils that have been hardened into partially hydrogenated fats. The actual worry here are the artificial trans fats. These are used extensively in all sorts of junk food.
This is just the basic understanding about the fats, the ones which are unhealthy and the ones that are healthy for the body.
Irregular ovulation or anovulation (a condition where a woman does not ovulate at all) can be quite agonizing, triggering a host of health problems, including difficulty in conceiving. The irregular ovulation could be an amalgamation of many factors including obesity, thyroid disorders, PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, uncontrolled intake of caffeinated and alcoholic drinks, to name a few. With the advancement of medical science, the problem is no longer a big deal. In this article, we will discuss the role of ovulation induction and follicular monitoring in dealing with irregular ovulation cycles and the related complications.
What is Ovulation Induction?
Ovulation induction comes as a blessing for women who don't ovulate regularly (there is a deviation from the usual pattern of ovulation that takes place before every menstrual cycle). The procedure aims at regularizing the ovulation process. The medications (often hormones are used in the treatment) play a pivotal role in stimulating the follicular development of the ovaries so that healthy eggs are produced, developed, matured and finally released during ovulation. The procedure also benefits women get their menstrual cycles sans the ovulation (Anovulatory Menstrual Cycles). The problem mainly surfaces due to a drop in the progesterone level (a hormone responsible for the uterine lining thickening).
- The ovulation induction is an important process that requires a thorough examination and evaluation of the patient to understand their ovulation process, hormonal balance (or imbalance) and all the factors that could be a possible trigger resulting in the ovulation problem.
- In the next step, the physician carries out the stimulation of the ovulation process. For this purpose, selected hormones are given to the affected individual either orally or in the form of injections.
- The hormones work towards restoring the balance along with follicular development. This stimulation contributes significantly towards maturing an egg and ensuring its release for ovulation to take place.
- Through a series of regular pelvic ultrasounds, doctors are able to carefully monitor the development of the follicles along with how well the lining of the uterus thickens, following the ovulation induction.
- For those planning to conceive, ovulation induction, with proper monitoring, goes a long way to ensure at least one healthy egg will be available for the fertilization to take place.
Some women can also opt for Intrauterine Insemination, a pathbreaking procedure whereby, the sperm (collected and stored earlier) is injected into the vagina to facilitate the fertilization process.
Downside of the Ovulation Induction
The ovulation induction requires precision and accuracy and should be performed by experienced professionals who know their skill well.
- Even a small mistake in the ovulation induction can trigger many complications including Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome. The condition can swell up the ovaries with abdominal pain, vomiting, breathing problems (shortness of breath), sudden and rapid weight gain. The ovaries also appear tender with some pain.
- Ovulation induction increases the risk of gestational diabetes, hypertension, nausea, to name a few.
It is no hidden fact that miscarriages hurt you deeply. The trauma that comes with it is unbearable, but you will have to get through it. Don’t blame yourself for the situation, you may not know it but miscarriages are quite common. Doctors have said that one out of four pregnancies ends up in a miscarriage. If you have experienced more than two consecutive miscarriages then you are suffering from a recurrent miscarriage. If you are going through recurrent miscarriages then there are some medical conditions to blame.
Is miscarriage the end?
A recurrent miscarriage may sometimes complicate things a little, but don’t think that it is the end. As the medical research has progressed, there are several ways for you to get pregnant or have a child. There is in vitro fertilization or IVF which is one of the best ways to cope with a miscarriage. Even if you are having some problem with your fallopian tube IVF can solve your problems and fertilization will be done in the lab and the embryo will be implanted.
How to cope with the emotional stress?
Miscarriages are hard in itself, and you need to deal with the post-miscarriage situation with the utmost maturity to keep your psychological and physical state under complete care. Emotionally good health will go a long way and let you think clearly about your options. If the stress and sadness of the miscarriage have brought you down, then seek the counseling of psychiatrist. Don’t feel ashamed to share your feeling and never suppress them. Talk about them and if needed join a support group that will help you to get through the tough situation.
Remember one thing that if you are emotionally aggrieved and suppress your feelings then that will take a toll on your relationship with your partner. With IVF becoming so developed, there is no need to lament about miscarriage.
How can I improve my fertility?
You may be suffering from recurrent miscarriages, but you should not lose your hope. Keep on trying and you may succeed. You never know. Visit the specialists and let them know your medical history. With special care, IVF can solve all your problems.
But only IVF would never work. Opt for a healthy lifestyle by doing exercises, eating healthy foods, quit smoking, and reduce your alcohol and caffeine intake. You should take a multivitamin rich in folic acid every day. You should also restrict your exposure to environmental chemicals and toxins. It is advisable that you leave behind any kind of heavy lifting, strenuous physical exercises, and any dangerous contact sports. Try not to take stress by taking up yoga or tai chi. And most importantly, try to maintain a healthy sexual relationship with your partner and contact your doctor to know when can you get pregnant again.
Seeing someone who used to do all their activities on their own turn to someone who needs help even with small things like going to the bathroom can be very difficult.
The lungs are vital organs in that they are essential to supply oxygen to the entire body. If the various organs do not receive adequate oxygen, their function can be impaired. Therefore, lung function needs to be maintained. Lung function can be impaired by chronic conditions like COPD and bronchiectasis. In both these, the overall ability of the lungs to take in adequate oxygen is reduced. Therefore, the lungs need to be rehabilitated so that they can improve their ability to function better. These exercises are aimed at the following:
- Improve ability to breathe effectively
- Reduce episodes of breathlessness
- Reduce the number of hospitalizations required to clear sputum and infections
- Improve ability to perform small, routine chores on their own
- Improve exercise tolerance over a period of time
- Improve overall quality of life
- Reduce morbidity and mortality rates
It has been proven beyond doubt that in addition to medications, physiotherapy plays a vital role in improving lung function over a period of time. Depending on the actual condition of the patient, a physiotherapy program is drawn up. Initially, the therapist will guide the patient and/or the caretaker with the various exercises. Over a period of time, the caretaker and the patient can do these on their own. The intent of these common exercises is to improve breathing efficiency, clear mucus, and improve overall lung function.
- Active breathing techniques (ABT) – We all know that breathing is involuntary; however, making an effort to consciously breathe can improve the efficiency. More oxygen is taken in and sent to the various organs, thereby rejuvenating the entire body.
- Postural drainage: With any chronic lung condition, sputum or mucus tends to accumulate in various parts of the lungs. If not drained, it can attract more bacteria and cause infection. The patient is made to lie in various positions so that different parts of the lungs are drained, aided by gravity. This is highly effective in clearing secretions.
- Pursed lip breathing: Inhaling through the nose and letting the air out through the mouth like how a candle is blown helps improve lung function.
- Forced coughing: A person is taught to induce coughing so that secretions are cleared out, thereby reducing chances of infection. Inhale as usual to the full capacity and exhale in coughing spurts.
It has been proven beyond doubt that with no side effects (unlike medications), physiotherapy improves the overall quality of life in people with COPD.
If you have been following the recently held Rio Olympics, you may have been left astounded by the sheer strength, stamina and performance on display. For a strong body that scores high on the stamina meter, it is important to exercise well. But there is one other thing: food. The way one eats, is the way one performs in the physical sense. Ayurveda is an ancient medical science that places special emphasis on the way we eat as this finally dictates the way our bodies react to physical challenges as well as the onset of diseases and aging. Let us find out how we can eat like an Olympian.
- High Performance: For high physical performance, Ayurveda places special emphasis on the removal of Ama from the body. Ama are the toxins that build up in one’s body. There are various kinds of food that can lead to a high level of Ama, and other kinds of food that can help in flushing the Ama out of the system. Therefore, it is important to eat food that supports the digestive system in terms of maximum absorption of nutrients and routine elimination of toxins. This is a balancing act of the digestive system and its fires, which are known as Agni in Ayurveda. This process also lowers the stress levels significantly, which in turn has a positive bearing on the way our bodies perform when faced with physical pursuits.
- Balance, Strength and Speed: In order to be able to run and perform well within a certain time frame, it is important to build balance and strength. Ayurveda has a number of herbs like Shilajit and Ashwagandha that will help in this process. These kinds of herbs can be used to season salads and other dishes so that one gets a healthy dose of the same. Indian Gooseberry, Persian Rose and Coriander are some of the other herbs that can also be used for this purpose.
- Resistance and Endurance: In order to build resistance and endure with full strength, on the playing field, one will need to eat healthy food on a regular basis. As per Ayurveda, it is important to eat your meals in a routine manner and include all food groups within the span of a single day. Fruit, fresh green vegetables, and dairy products are all required for transporting fuel through various parts of the body for good digestion, absorption of nutrients for better energy, and high performance.
- Muscle Tone: In order to improve one’s muscle tone, one can have plenty of Amla berry. This is also known as the Indian gooseberry. The muscle tone can also be improved with other vitamin C rich foods.