Doctor in Suhasini Nursing Home
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Suhasini Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
Normal health is falling way short of preventing disease formation. Hence, conditioning health with optimal metabolic fitness, stress-response & tissue nourishment seems a prudent way forward. Connect to discover BEAUTIFUL HEALTH the SMART way!
If you hear a constant ringing in your ears without any external stimulus, it is called tinnitus. The sound can also manifest as incessant roaring, hissing, buzzing or clicking. The sound can be loud or soft, low or high pitched. Tinnitus can occur in one ear, or both the ears.
Tinnitus is primarily of two types:
- Subjective tinnitus: This type of tinnitus is very common. In this type, only you are able to hear the ringing, or buzzing. The main cause of subjective tinnitus is ear problems, especially in the inner, middle and outer ear. Problems in the auditory nerves (hearing) or auditory pathways (the part in your brain that changes nerve signals into sound) can also cause subjective tinnitus.
- Objective tinnitus: In this type of tinnitus, the doctor can also hear the sound when he/she performs an examination. This type of tinnitus is rare. Muscles contractions, problems in the blood vessels or conditions in the middle ear bone can cause objective tinnitus.
Tinnitus is not a condition; it is more of a symptom of some other underlying medical condition. Tinnitus can be caused by any of the following complications-
- Hearing loss (This happens mostly among older people)
- Loud noises
- Sinus and ear infections
- Blood vessel or heart problems
- Meniere's disease (The inner ear is affected by unknown causes which lead to deafness)
- Brain tumours
- Hormonal changes (This happens mostly to women)
- Thyroid problem
- Certain medications (antibiotics, cancer medicines, diuretics, quinine medication, some types of antidepressants, aspirin)
- You hear noises that no one else will be able to hear
- The sound can be depicted as chirping, whistling, screeching, clicking, static, hissing, buzzing, roaring, pulsing, musical or whooshing.
- The sounds can vary greatly in volume and it is most prominent at night or when your surroundings are quiet
- Loss of hearing commonly follows tinnitus.
Treating Your Tinnitus
Depending on the results of your hearing evaluation, you may get a recommendation for one of the following types of tinnitus treatment.
- Tinnitus Retraining Therapy (TRT) uses cognitive behavioral therapy in combination with a masking device to help you learn to ignore the background ringing noise in your ears.
- Tinnitus masking or noise suppression devices are common treatment options for tinnitus sufferers. This type of device is worn in the ear like a hearing aid and produces either a constant signal or tonal beats to compete with the sounds you're hearing. The hearing care professional will use the pitch matching and loudness matching tests to set the signal at a level and pitch similar to the tinnitus you are perceiving.
- You can also use a free-standing white noise generating machine. Tinnitus generally gets worse when you're in a quiet space, so being able to bathe a room in background sound might be all you need to help you ignore the ringing in your ears.
Gong happen to be one of most powerful and as well as the oldest transformational and therapeutic instruments. It has been used for different kinds of purposes like rituals, any kind of ceremony, meditation and prayer for way back, since the time of Bronze Age.
The sound of the Gongs has different sets of qualities including:
- Have relaxing and calming influences on the mind and body.
- It centres and energizes.
- The sounds have a transforming and healing effect on a person.
- Gongs are also used in yoga.
- Used as sound to meditate.
- Acts as a vibration therapy.
- When any metal is banged upon, electrons get electromagnetically charged and hence a plasma field is formed.
- The plasma field gets created off the gong and the one who listens, tend to become part of the field. Metal has always been known as a material; wherein the electrons leave behind their own atoms and go on to join other atoms.
- As and when there is an end to the activity of the gong, the electrons get back to their original atoms. Once the gong comes back to rest, the plasma along with the energy field collapse. Again when the gong revs up, the Plasma field tends to expand and intensify.
Usefulness of Gongs
Gongs happen to be useful in a number of ways. They include:
- They help to resolve emotional as well as physical dissonance.
- Playing along with listening to gongs help to offer spiritual, emotional and physical resolutions, thus open the doorway towards the Universe.
- Once the path towards the Universe gets opened, energies start to move, which are Universal in nature, to make an entry into a spiritual dimension.
- Gong, which is basically a psychoacoustic path towards greater states of awareness and consciousness.
- This is also an ideal tool which helps to reduce stress, stimulate the glandular system and break up emotional blockages.
- When they are played in a skilful manner, gongs help to resonate and stimulate all cells within the human body at the same time.
Other Effects on One’s Body
There are certain other useful effects of Gong. They are:
- They generate really powerful ripples of multiple dimensions of sound that grow into waves and fill the whole body in streams of sound.
- Gongs have the potential to keep on expanding and represent people’s connection with a kind of oneness that is holographic in nature.
So, Gong is a tool which helps to engulf people in total sound and through their intuition, they are brought back towards attainment of complete health and balance.
Through the unique quality of its resonance, ensures integration of diverse elements into a total power of synergy.
Dengue is caused from the bite of the ‘Aedes Aegypti’ mosquito. This mosquito has been known to breed and survive in tropical and subtropical regions. A waterborne disease, it causes extreme discomfort and pain, even death is a possibility. Statistics suggest that each year, the number of people afflicted with dengue is around 390 million. Out of this huge number, 96 million tend to develop severe illnesses wherein hospitalization becomes mandatory.
It is primarily caused due to the bite of the ‘Aedes aegypti’ mosquito.
A mosquito becomes infected with dengue if it bites an already infected person. The disease can be transmitted to any healthy person that this infected mosquito bites next.
Living near a stagnant water body or an open drain makes you the most vulnerable to this disease. Letting water accumulate in open containers or spaces over a period of time makes it the perfect breeding ground for all types of mosquitoes.
On being infected, the symptoms generally last for around 10 days. Some of the common symptoms are:
Excruciating pain behind the eyes
Sudden high fever with chills
Skin rash which generally appears two to five days after you get infected
Severe muscle and joint pain
It should be noted that these symptoms can be easily mistaken for high fever or any other viral infection. Therefore, getting tested as soon as these symptoms start appearing is very important.
If the dengue is left untreated or not treated on time, it can result in dengue haemorrhagic fever. This condition causes nose bleeding (due to damage to the blood vessels), high fever and failure of the circulatory system as well as the enlargement of liver.
Avoid storing water in containers
Wear clothes that cover your whole body, if possible
Maintain hygiene and clean your immediate surrounding frequently
Use mosquito repellent
Use a mosquito net around your bed
In worst case scenarios, death is a possibility as a result of dengue haemorrhagic fever or dengue shock. Many countries consider dengue to be an epidemic. You need to be on complete bed rest while drinking adequate amounts of fluids if you need to recuperate from dengue.
There is no specific antiviral medication that is available for the treatment of dengue. In general, Acetaminophen (paracetamol) is usually recommended for treating fever and pain associated with dengue. Medications such as Aspirin, other salicylates, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) must be avoided.
These cysts are of four main types:
In most cases, ovarian cysts resolve themselves, but in some cases they can cause pain and grow.
Ayurveda is a holistic form of alternate medication that can be quite effective when it comes to treating ovarian cysts. This form of medication has negligible side effects and hence, can be prescribed to women of all ages. Apart from medication, Ayurveda also involves changes in lifestyle and diet. Ayurvedic herbs help balance the hormones in a woman’s body and thereby improve the overall functioning of the ovaries as well.
Guggul: This herb has the potential to revitalise cells and can rejuvenate a person. Guggul or commiphora mukul also has purifying properties that helps regulate lipid production and increase iron levels in a person’s blood. It also helps in weight loss and increases metabolism.
Shilajit: The Ayurvedic herb asphaltum or shilajit improves stamina and the ability to deal with physical and mental stress. It is also known to increase sexual desire and enhance libido for both men and women.
Amalaki: Amalaki or emblica officinalis is best known for its ability to rejuvenate cells and rid the body of free radicals. It also helps boost immunity, aids in the development of healthy skin and slows down the aging process. Amalaki helps with digestion and boosts metabolism along with maintaining the proper functioning of the liver.
Aloe: Aloe is the most common Ayurvedic product used for skin care and anti-ageing products. Apart from skincare and hair care, aloe also helps relieve hypertension and has well known antioxidant properties. Additionally, it helps deal with high blood pressure and respiratory problems.
Vitamins and minerals: Some vitamins and minerals boost immunity and have the ability to destroy abnormal cells such as cysts. Zinc helps prevent ovarian cysts, helps the body get rid of free radicals and aids in normal cell growth. Vitamin B complex helps in converting excessive estrogen into less weaker forms and hence balances hormone levels. Antioxidants like vitamin A and E protect the cells against damage and abnormal changes in the cell growth. Vitamin C also helps boost immunity and gives the body the ability to fight illnesses and infections.
PCOS is a disorder characterized by enlarged ovaries and the formation of tiny cysts on the outer sides of the ovaries. Polycystic Ovary is a hormonal condition that stimulates surplus production of androgen in women. Androgen being a “male hormone,” causes development of muscle mass and hair in men, and it has similar effects on women as well when present in high amount. They trigger acne and excessive growth of body hair in women accompanied by irregular or lack of ovulation in the form of absent or erratic menstrual cycle. Hence, owing to troubles in ovulation (discharge of ovules from the ovaries), one may experience difficulties in getting pregnant.
Many women suffering from PCOS are unaffected by the influence of the hormone ‘insulin’, which indicates, that it requires a larger amount of insulin to sustain a normal blood sugar level. High levels of insulin as a result of insulin resistance, in turn drastically boosts androgen production.
Irregular Menstrual Cycle. Women with PCOS may miss periods or have fewer periods (fewer than eight in a year). Or, their periods may come every 21 days or more often. Some women with PCOS stop having menstrual periods.
Excessive hair. Excessive hair on the face, chin, or parts of the body where men usually have hair. This is called "hirsutism." Hirsutism affects up to 70% of women with PCOS.3
Acne. Acne on the face, chest, and upper back
Weight Gain. Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
Skin Darkening. Darkening of skin, particularly along neck creases, in the groin, and underneath breasts
Skin tags. Skin tags, which are small excess flaps of skin in the armpits or neck area
Treatment for PCOS:
The PCOD treatment is tailored as per the symptoms of the condition:
A lack of ovulation and menstrual cycles hinders the secretion of progesterone (a hormone preparing the uterus for pregnancy), thus hampering conception. In this case, the treatment is directed at maintaining a regular ovulation and menstrual cycle which can be fixed by consuming birth control pills. These pills comprise both progestin and estrogen which aid to bring down androgen production.
PCOS along with insulin resistance warrants the use of certain medications such as metformin which is prescribed to enhance insulin sensitivity.
For regularisation of cycles, oral contraceptive pills can be used initially followed by OVULATION INDUCTION drugs which will help enhance your chances of conception.
If all treatments of ovulation induction have failed, you should consider IUI or IVF as a next step as more your time increases your PCOS problem increases and lesser the chances of conception. So consult an infertility expert for the right guidance and support.
While how well the flu vaccine works can vary, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a yearly flu vaccination as the first and most important step in protecting against flu and its potentially serious complications. Millions of people have safely received flu vaccines for decades. Flu vaccination can reduce flu illnesses, doctors' visits, and missed work and school due to flu, as well as prevent flu-related hospitalizations.
A flu vaccination does not guarantee protection against the flu. Some people who get vaccinated might still get sick. However, people who get a flu vaccine are less likely to get sick with flu or hospitalized from flu than someone who does not get vaccinated.
Why do I need to get vaccinated every year?
New flu vaccines are released every year to keep up with rapidly adapting flu viruses. Because flu viruses evolve so quickly, last year's vaccine may not protect you from this year's viruses.
After vaccination, your immune system produces antibodies that will protect you from the vaccine viruses. In general, though, antibody levels start to decline over time — another reason to get a flu shot every year.
Flu vaccines bring down the risks of suffering from flu. However, its effectiveness is based on different factors.
Age: Usually, the flu vaccine happens to work the best for healthy adults. However, these vaccines cannot work as well with children, especially infants (below the age of 2-3 years). Nevertheless, the efficacy improves with age. Since older people are more prone to contracting the flu virus, it is essential that they get themselves vaccinated. Even if the vaccine is not able to ward off the flu entirely, it can still help reduce the risks to some extent.
General Health: Vaccine spurs immunity into action. It helps your body in identifying and fighting the virus. The efficacy of the flu vaccine solely depends on the capability of your body’s immunity system and how well it responds to the virus. Chronic illnesses weaken your body’s defence mechanism and with a poor immunity system, the vaccine may not work properly.
The time of the vaccination: For optimal protection, it is advised to go for the vaccination every year right before the ‘flu’ season starts. This is because after the flu season gets done with, old vaccines may not work as effectively.
The flu vaccine needs to be updated every season to guard you against the kind of flu dominant in that particular year. Getting yourself vaccinated is also not a guaranteed foolproof protection, however, it does render partial immunity and helps reduce the severity of the symptoms. However, it should be noted that flu vaccine cannot shield one from cold viruses.
Homeopathy has made its presence felt in treating almost all ailments. With an expansive ambit, this branch of medicine has been increasingly preferred to others due to its holistic advantages and no side-effects. Due to the emergent lifestyle, general tiredness and fatigue has become a second nature of people. In such circumstances, it becomes imperative to adopt certain remedial measures and homeopathy with its many benefits becomes the obvious choice.
Causes of Chronic Fatigue:
Low blood pressure (Hypotension).
Low blood sugar (Hypoglycemia).
Yeast infection (Candidiasis).
Infections such as mononucleosis.
Dysfunction in the immune system.
Symptoms of Chronic Fatigue:
Lack of energy.
Low grade fever.
Painful menstrual periods.
Inability to concentrate.
Forgetfulness or transient loss of memory.
Homeopathic approach to Chronic Fatigue:
Homeopathic medicines treat Chronic Fatigue not by annihilating viruses, but by strengthening the vital force, which is an unintelligible, zestful, spiritual, and instinctive force that vitalizes our body, that balances many functions and provides protection from illness. In case of an illness, the symptoms are the signals or the outcry of the Vital Force, asking for help.
Homeopathic medicines have shown an overwhelming positive response in treating chronic tiredness by producing the best results. Based on the hypothesis of "like cures like" and a deep emphasis on the principles of holistic medicine (treat the whole person), Homeopathic remedies work by stimulating the body's own healing power by introducing tiny doses of natural substances that enhances a person's immune system and defense system to heal itself naturally. Due to the individualized approach of Homeopathy, a remedy which matches all of your symptoms will stimulate your vital force to restore balance and health.
Homeopathic medicines are completely safe with zero side effects. Sourced from natural substances, the Homeopathic medicines help the Chronic Fatigue patients by increasing the body stamina and threshold for fatigue against a particular level of exertion. They also help in energising the body's immune system to come out of extreme physical or mental weakness and the person feels rejuvenated as a result.
Self help along with Homeopathic treatment:
Along with Constitutional Homeopathic treatment learning how to manage your fatigue may help you maintain good health:
1. Stay well hydrated.
2. Eat a healthy diet.
4. Avoid mental and physical exertion during an acute illness. Get adequate rest.
5. Deep breathing and walking in fresh air can increase the energy levels.
6. Exercising regularly but without causing more fatigue.
7. Lifestyle changes - you can slow down and avoid excessive physical and psychological stress. This may save your energy for essential activities at home or work and help you cut back on less important activities.
8. Emotional support can help you and your loved ones deal with the uncertain outlook and the ups and downs of this illness.
Hence, eliminate all types of pathogens, strengthen your immune system, increase energy and combat fatigue with the help of Homeopathy.
The pituitary gland is a small, pea-sized attached to the base of the brain. It controls growth, functioning and development of other hormonal glands. Deficit of one or more pituitary hormones is a state of Hypopituitarism. This clinical term is used by endocrinologists to mean that one or more pituitary glands are deficient. In hypopituitarism, the pituitary gland does not produce the normal amounts of hormones.
Hypopituitarism has the following causes—
Sarcoidosis (A lung disorder)
Tumours in the pituitary gland
Tumours in hypothalamus (Controls the production of hormones)
Histiocytosis X (A rare autoimmune disease where the immune cells damage the organs)
Sheehan syndrome (Excessive blood loss during childbirth)
Lymphocytic hypophysitis (An inflammation in the pituitary gland)
Radiation treatments like chemotherapy
Symptoms depend on which hormones is not being produced.
Low sodium levels
Loss of weight
Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH): Deficient TSH mostly affects the thyroid (produces growth-regulating hormones) gland. The symptoms are—
Luteinizing hormone (LH): Low luteinizing hormone in women affects their ovaries and ovulation. Symptoms include-
In men, lack of LH affects their testes and sperm production. Symptoms include-
Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH): This hormone affects men and women the same way the luteinizing hormone does. Thus the symptoms are the same.
Growth Hormone: In children, the growth hormone affects their bone, fat and muscle. They have the following symptoms—
Lack of height
Increase in body fat
Abnormal peak bone mass (bone tissue present after the skeleton matures)
In adults, the whole body is affected. Body fat increases while muscle and bone mass decreases.
Antidiuretic Hormone (ADH): The kidneys are affected by lack of ADH. Symptoms include—
Feeling excess thirst
Oxytocin: Lactation and childbirth are affected by lack of oxytocin.
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue lining the womb, grows outside the urethral lining. This can cause severe pelvic pain and a host of other complications, if it is not treated on time.
Here is everything you need to know about this ailment:
Symptoms: Owing to the location of this tissue and its painful protrusion through the lining or walls of the womb, one of the earliest and most painful symptoms experienced may include severe cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle. Also, the patient will experience pain in the lower abdomen region about a week before the onset of the cycle. Heavy bleeding as well as infertility may be experienced in such cases too. Sexual intercourse will also give rise to pain in the region, while discomfort will be felt during the bowel movements. Pain in the lower back will also be experienced throughout the menstruation period.
Stages: There are several stages of this disease and its progression, each of which will require a different form of treatment. These four stages usually depend on the location, size, depth and number of the endometrial implants within the body of the patient.
- Minimal Stages: In this stage, usually there will be small wounds and lesions as well as shallow implants on the ovaries. Inflammation in the pelvic cavity can also be felt in this stage.
- Mild Stage: In this stage, there will also be light lesions and shallow implants which will spread over the ovaries as well as the pelvic lining.
- Moderate Stage: In this stage, the implants will dig deeper into the ovaries and the pelvic lining, which will result in the growth of even more lesions.
- Severe Stage: As the name suggests, in this stage the patient will experience deep implants along with lesions in the bowels and the fallopian tubes.
Treatment: There are varied forms of this treatment including pain relief medication for minimal to mild stage patients. Also, hormonal therapy with the help of supplements may be prescribed. Hormonal contraceptives may also be used. In such cases, medication like Danazol, Medroxyprogesterone, Gonadotripin releasing hormone agonists, and other such elements may be prescribed. Conservative surgery and radical surgery may follow, depending on the severity of the condition. Laparoscopy is the preferred form of treatment in such cases.
A hysterectomy can be conducted as a final resort where the surgeon will remove the cervix as well as the uterus of the patient. This will make pregnancy impossible for the patient, thereafter. To stem estrogen production, the ovaries will also be removed.
One must discuss all risks and complications before going in for a certain form of treatment for this ailment.