Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Mysore and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Prajwal Kumar C
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Prajwal Kumar CYour feedback matters!
Hello mere pbf blood test normal h no haemoparasite are identified .can I assume that I have no dangerous disease till now like deadly disease. Please help me. thanks.
Sir during erection my pennis not temper properly. At early stages the temper level was good but now the temper level was weak. Suggest some natural ways to get temper and stiff pennis during erection.
Hi, I am here to ask something for my friend. She has been suffering from chest pain and palpitations from almost 1 month. Since two weeks she started having fever as well. Moreover, she has lost her appetite, has weakness, suffering from headache. Apart from that her entire body is in pain; even the muscles and nerves aren't doing great. Every fibre of body is in pain. She even had bleeding nose few days back. Even discovered some rashes, rather swollen thick skin at places. She had high BP in the beginning of month but it's low as of now. Visited few doctors, went for some tests as well. The cardiologist went ahead ecg/ echo and the reports are normal. Even the doc suggested to have widal test for diagnosing typhoid which is negative. ESR is 65 mm/hr as per blood report. Neurophils are 73 which is out of range as far as I can see. We are not able to figure out what exactly the problem is. It has been long she is suffering. It would be great if you guys please help me.
I cannot maintain erection during intercourse, and cum really soon like in just 10-15 seconds after indulging into intercourse.
I am 25 years old in my teenage my sperm is very thick but now its coming like water. And in my penis head red colour is slightly changed and when I masturbates sperm comes within 1 min. What should I do now.
My wife is diabetic and his average sugar hba1c is 5.9 can you suggest me roughing diet for her to maintain sugar level (age. 37 yr)
What is AIDS? How its affect our body and what symptoms are show in our body and how we can protect herself from it.
Arthritis is inflammation of one or more of your joints. Pain, swelling, and stiffness are the primary symptoms of arthritis. Any joint in the body may be affected by the disease, but it is particularly common in the knee.
Knee arthritis can make it hard to do many everyday activities, such as walking or climbing stairs. It is a major cause of lost work time and a serious disability for many people. There are 2 types of arthritis the knee joint in the human body can get afflicted with. They are:
The form of arthritis which, with increasing pain, slowly wears down the joint cartilages is called osteoarthritis. This form of arthritis usually affects people after the age 40. The symptoms of osteoarthritis include:
- Severe pain in the knee joints
- Pain after walking up the stairs and it subsiding once you are on rest
- Severe pain after the movement of joints for a long time
- Pain that becomes worse in rainy days
- Joints becoming stiff after waking up in the morning but they improve in the latter part of the day
- Pain which also occurs in the thighs and the genital regions coupled with joints swelling and joints getting stiff after rest.
Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic form of arthritis caused because of the knee joint inflammations. This form of arthritis can occur at any age. Being an auto-immune disease, its symptoms include, but are not limited to:
- Severe pain in the morning
- Mild fever accompanying the pain
- Joints suddenly becoming swollen, red and warm causing, immense pain
- Sudden stiffness of the joints
- Pain that increases in cold weather
- Mild fever, extreme tiredness and weakening of the muscles
Doctors are still doubtful about what exactly causes the disease; but the deformation of the immune system might cause the damage of the joints, causing people who are already suffering from obesity, smokers, and women, in general, more prone to this disease.
When the knee pain is diagnosed as a form of arthritis, the following treatments are suggested:
- If you are overweight or obese, losing some of those extra pounds can go a long way in reducing the pain.
- Muscle-stretching exercises are effective in keeping the knee joints flexible.
- Dry needling, cupping, taping can help to control the pain and keep the joint supported.
- Prescribed dosage of anti-inflammatory drugs such as Tylenol, Motrin, and Advil or injections of hyaluronic acid might relieve your pain.
If regular treatments do not work, you might opt for knee-replacement surgery and osteotomy (the process of cutting a bone with the help of surgery) which might better the alignment of the knee by transforming the bone shapes.
Physiotherapy for knee arthritis
Physiotherapy treatment is aimed at improving the symptoms of the disease (i.e. knee pain, swelling, stiffness), and you should begin to notice a positive difference within one or a few physiotherapy sessions. The main goals of physiotherapy for your knee arthritis are:
- Reduce your knee pain and inflammation.
- Normalise your knee joint range of motion.
- Strengthen your knee: esp quadriceps (esp VMO) and hamstrings.
- Strengthen your lower limb: calves, hip and pelvis muscles.
- Improve your patellofemoral (knee cap) alignment and function.
- Normalise your muscle lengths.
- Improve your proprioception, agility and balance.
- Improve your technique and function eg walking, squatting. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Physiotherapist.