Submit a review for clinic at mumbai centralYour feedback matters!
I love to play cricket and I am a bowler but when I throw ball a pain is shown in my shoulder, thereafter I can, t throw any ball, so please help and tell me what is the way to stop it.
Hello, I have pain in my left side of my body, all in the left part. Chest, neck, arm, leg and jaw. I have done Ecg and cardiograph but the reports were normal, Now its been more than 2 years. I have continuing pain daily. What to do?
Dr. Mujhe bhut neend aati h? Mai rat ko 9 ghante soti hu fir b din m bhut neend aati h meri studies b bhut disturb ho rahi h.
I have problem of sleeping too much ,I am fed up of my this habit I waste my all by sleeping and can't contribute some time for studies because of this cuz all the day I fell sleepy and lazy .plz tell what cuz this problem and some quick redemy (solution) for this problem.
From few days there is some unusual moments in muscles in my shoulder ball area It is happening 2-3 times a hour Is it nothing worth caring of? I had not joined any gym yet.
My mom moans sometimes during nocturnal sleep. She told me that she feels pain and unable to produce any sounds during that time unless and until someone wake her up the episode continues. Is this a sleeping disorder? My mom is very superstitious and she believes this happens because of her few superstitions!
I am 23 years old male. I have inflammation on my Knee and foot joint on left leg. Due to flat foot my right foot also paining. After taking my blood report My C.Reactive protein is 106.60 mg/L. How to control my CRP? What are the food items I will take? What are the thinks I will do? Let give me proper ans sir.
Sir/mam I have very hard pain in my both shoulders from one week please give me tips or medicines to overcome this problem.
My age is 30 sexually active don't smoke and drink during early morning my legs are pulling away from body. Kindly suggest medication.
1. Maintain a healthy lifestyle such as eating well, drinking water regularly, avoiding stress and maintaining a healthy weight. Frequently, individuals develop sleep disorders due to stress or obesity.
2. Establish a regular schedule for sleep. Wake up and go to bed at the same time everyday, including weekends. Establishing a regular sleep schedule will train your body to sleep soundly on a consistent basis.
3. Avoid taking naps throughout the day. If you take a nap during the day, then you will be less tired at night, be more restless and may not sleep as deeply.
4. Abstain from smoking, drinking alcohol or ingesting caffeine because they can keep you up at night. Even though alcohol makes you sleepy, it obstructs the quality of your sleep.
5. Exercise regularly so that your body will be tired, but do not exercise for 3 to 4 hours before you go to sleep, because it may energize you.
6. Refrain from eating heavy meals for dinner, which can make you feel uncomfortable and will prevent you from sleeping well.
7. Create a bedroom that is quiet, dark and a comfortable temperature, which will promote sleep and avoid disturbances.
8. Sleep on your side with your head slightly elevated to prevent the symptoms of sleep apnea.
9. Construct a bedtime routine such as reading, meditating or bathing. Having a routine will train your body to recognize that you are preparing for sleep, which will help you to fall asleep easier.
10. Use your bedroom for sleep only. Do not work or do any other tasks in your bedroom if possible. If your bedroom is used only for sleep, then you will associate the room with sleep, which will aid in falling asleep faster and sleeping deeply.
11. Get out of bed and engage in a non-stimulating activity, such as reading until you feel sleepy again. Sometimes lying in bed when you are not able to sleep makes it more difficult to feel sleepy.
I am suffering from hand ankle pain .i take so many medicine for this problem. But not use. Pleas tell me the solution for my problem.
I have left hand ankle pain. I take so many medicines. But not cure. Pleas tell the solution for my problem. I am take x-ray. But doctor said there is no problem in your hand but I feel so pain.
Back injury is not a common problem. It happens to some of us at some point of time. It can be painful and make your life worse. Most of us suffering from this pain opt for several methods to get rid of the unbearable pain. We leave no stone unturned to get the best possible way of getting rid of the pain. Of all these methods, two are very common and are thought to be the best possible home-based remedies—hot and cold compression.
While some will tell you to take a hot bath, others will insist on a cold compress. You might be confused about the benefits of these two separate treatments. Stop scratching your head to decide what to opt in to relieve your back pain. Know about the benefits of each treatment first and why and when they are used.
Ice Is Used for Injuries-
It is a common experience for most of us when we develop an injury during our regular exercising. The injury might lead to swelling of the muscle and mild to intense pain. The swelling is the cause behind the pain. Ice is not capable of curing your entire problem or helps you in fracture or bone repair. But what it can do is that it lowers the inflammation of the affected tissues. It is the best treatment for people who want to avoid medicine. It is more helpful in cases of muscle sprain or ligament or cartilage tear.
There are different ways of applying the ice on the injury. Some people prefer using an ice pack while others may just use a bag of frozen peas. You can even wrap pieces of ice with a towel and then apply it over the affected area.
It has to be kept in mind that when you are using the ice pack for pain relief, don’t apply it for more than 20 minutes. It is also to be kept in mind that doesn’t use ice for injuries in case you have issues with circulation. This might worsen the condition further. It needs to be understood that application of huge amounts of ice can lead to further tissue damage. So, you need to have control over yourself. Don’t get tempted by the fact that ice eases the pain due to inflammation. Cut your coat according to your need.
Heat Is Used for Muscles and Stress-
Heat is a wonderful remedy for treating those with bad back pain. It triggers certain points on the body. People who suffer from any back injury will admit that they have been benefited by hot bath or hot compression. It also provides relief to the nerves and nervous system. It helps you to be free from stress.
What If You Take Up The Wrong Treatment?
If you commit mistakes while choosing the right treatment, you won’t die. But, there can be ramifications if the wrong treatment has opted for.
For a disease that affects almost eighty percent of people over 50 years of age, not much is known about curing joint pains. Allopathic medicine remains almost clueless about a complete cure for joint pains which occur due to various reasons like heredity and lifestyle. It treats the pain with pain killers, inflammation reducers and other such drugs which do not heal the joint completely and lead to other problems too.
Ayurveda and Joint Pain
Ayurveda has its own unique perspective on joint problems. According to it, these occur due to:
- Poorly-nourished joints
- Low bone density and overall weakness in joints
The main symptom of poorly nourished joints is discomfort followed by a crackling sound. In this, the bone making up the joint can degenerate due to lack of proper nutrition. Low bone density joints usually occur due to a toxic overload in the joints called ‘ama’ in Ayurveda. Ama is the sticky, toxic waste product of incomplete digestion and this accumulates in joints making them stiff and heavy. Ama accumulation for long can make a joint swollen and painful. Damp, cold weather can aggravate this type of joint problem. If ‘vata’ the Ayurvedic dosha associated with movements and proper functioning of metabolism and assimilation is aggravated, it can cause joint pain too.
The imbalance in Vyana Vata, a special form of vata associated with bone damage along with weakened circulation, metabolism and absorption creates an imbalance in ‘kapha’ the other major dosha in the body, according to Ayurveda. ‘Shleshaka’ Kapha, the sub-dosha of Kapha that controls lubrication of joints dries up. This makes the un-lubricated joints very vulnerable and one starts getting pain.
The first line of treatment for joint pains is pacifying the Vata dosha through food and lifestyle modifications like:
- Include all six tastes -sweet, sour, salty, bitter, astringent, and pungent- in the diet. However, sweet, sour and salty tastes are very good to pacify Vata dosha.
- Eat less of bitter, astringent and pungent foods.
- Eat more grains like quinoa, rye and amaranth, cooked in ghee.
- Freshly-cooked organic vegetables and warm liquid soups are best.
- Eat a diet rich in calcium- milk, spinach, kale, asparagus, and root vegetables.
- A Vata pacifying daily routine like eating before 8 pm in the night and keeping dinner light and sleeping early are also advised.
If possible get a daily Ayurvedic oil massage ‘abhyanga’ with special medicated oils to prevent joint problems. Regular habits help settle Vata. So, it’s suggested that one goes to bed at the same time each day, gets up at the same time and follows a regular routine for pacifying Vata. Getting stress under control though meditation and pranayama also does wonders.
What's the cure for bilateral lower limbs Non healing venous ulcers. Skin grafting Unsuccessful. I am a diabetic & a smoker. What are the underlying Causes. What Should be done for healing. Pls. Explain In detail with proper reasoning.
Not able to sleep properly from last 10 days. Having no work stress or any personal issues. But still I was not able to sleep properly. Daily it was taking around to 3: 30 to 4 Am to get into sleep and waking up around 10 to 11 am. Please let me know how can I over come this issue.
I can't sleep I go to bed but it takes 2 hours for me to fall asleep because of which I feel sleepy during the day please help.
I am 29 years old. I play cricket on weekend after which I suffer from ankle pain in one foot at one point. What could be the reason and suggest cure and any tests required.
Hello mere hand joints pain hai last 5 months se fever k bad se hi hone lage hai and mera right hand ka thumb 1 year sepain hai wo kabi kabi hota hai baki or ab pura right hand kafi dard karta hai maine ANTI. CCP KA TEST BI KARVAYA hai wo report kaise dikhau pata nai chal raha app me.
Sleep-Wake Disorder is a very uncommon syndrome which causes irregular sleeping patterns without any real schedule.
Persons with brain malfunctioning and those who do not have a regular routine during the day experience such disorders. People with changing work shifts often experience such disorder. Also, travellers who often move from one country to another with different time zones may also have these symptoms.
There's no cure for this disorder, but treatments, including hormones, medicine, and light therapy, can help get you closer to a normal sleeping pattern.
Symptoms may include any of the following:
- Sleeping or napping more than usual during the day
- Trouble falling asleep and staying asleep at night
- Waking up often during the night
Exams and Tests
A person must have at least three abnormal sleep-wake episodes during a 24-hour period to be diagnosed with this problem. The time between each such episode varies from 1 to 4 hours. The doctor may advise you to go ahead with a device called actigraph in case the diagnosis is unclear. The device looks like a wristwatch, and it can tell when a person is sleeping or awake.
Though there is no simple cure for irregular sleep-wake syndrome, however, several therapies and lifestyle changes may help a person return to a normal sleep-wake cycle. These include:
- A regular daytime schedule of activities and mealtimes need to be fixed.
- You should not stay in bed during the day for long.
- Use bright light therapy in the morning like those from computer screens and television. The period of exposure should also be increased. Exposure to blue light should be minimized at night.
- You should take melatonin at bedtime. This is a hormone that controls the sleep-wake cycle. By taking doses at the right times, you might be able to shift your body clock earlier or later.
- Make sure to make the room dark, quiet, and as comfortable as possible at night.
- Also one should try to minimize the amount of noise in the sleep environment.
- Add more structure to the patient’s day by scheduling social interaction, exercise, and other activities.
- Your doctor may prescribe drug to control the timing of the sleep-wake cycle.
Finally, you should take proper care of yourself. Make positive changes in your lifestyle. You can even ask your boss to make your work schedule a bit flexible.
The ultimate goal of these lifestyle changes is to help the person sleep longer at night and make him feel active and awake during the day. Most people have sleep disturbances on occasion. But you need to consult a doctor if such sleep disorders occur regularly.